Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Eärendils_Beloved
Council Member
Send Message
Post *A Wish Granted* (free! please join!)
on: January 09, 2006 04:03
((Hey folks! Rohirrim warriors wanted! Come join the adventure! Long thoughtful posts are appreciated, preferably from people who are addicted to posting like me! ...only men if you are actually in the eored please, I don't want a bunch of Eowyn wannabe's in this thread. Other types of characters are welcomed, but if you are of a race that doesn't belong in Rohan, then I’m gonna need a really good reason for you being there. Have fun and be creative! ))

This is the story of Duilwen, maiden of Gondor. Here whole life, she has dreamed of adventure outside the court of Minas Tirith. By a twist of fate, she got her wish, but it's not quite as she imagined.
While riding to Rohan to visit her aunt, she happened upon a dying soldier. He was a messenger of Gondor and had been ambushed by a huge band of orcs. As the man lay bleeding in her arms, he begged her to deliver the message he carried to the king of Rohan. It was a call for aid on which the fate of Gondor rested. Tearfully she promised she would do anything in her power to see it delivered. She took his horse and rode out toward Edoras with all speed. On the fields of Eastfold she was waylaid by an eored as it rode to war against the Shadow. Duilwen has now found herself in the midst of warriors with no way to return home. Though they hate to admit it, with the Easterllings behind them and Mordor ahead, the eored has no choice but to take her with them, though she is unwanted. This is the story of her struggle to prove her worth among her mother's people.

Duilwen had ridden hard all the day and night. Yet another dawn was fast approaching. The swift horse's gait was smooth and tireless. His flying pace had reduced the countryside to a blurr.

Wait...what is that?

Away on the horizon she saw a strange glimmer. At first she thought it was the stars, but light was in the sky...and they were moving closer. A dull rumble came to her ears and soon the vision was made clear. A party of Rohirrim warriors came thundering over the plains, their spears glinting in the dawn...
justice
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: *A Wish Granted* (free! please join!)
on: January 14, 2006 09:32
Lights...Maybe ten? There getting closer! Friends? No, maybe, still getting closer...Screaming! Run! Run for all your worth! Run! Run to live! Falling...pain....darkness.....

Vita woke up screaming. Pushing back her hair from her face she gasped for air. When will these dreams stop! She thought.Looking around at the landscaping the cold, heartless reality hit her once more...Four day ago...Four long days she had been without her family...dreaming every night of there churl death...

It had been a perfect day! The cool breeze over plain... She and her family had rode out from a small town in Rohan only a week before to try to find some of the young foals that had gotten out...They found them...Yes, all dead...torn to bits by who knows what! That night as they prepared for tomorrows journey back. Vita had been putting some extra food away from the night meal when she had first seen the lights...They were hard to see at first just small glimmers of fire...however they came closer and closer..By this time the rest of her family had come together even without knowing it. As the lights came closer and closer Vita felt a tinging down her spine. A few minutes went by...then..."ORCS!!!" The scream had come from her oldest brother... Confusion followed she could not remember what had happened after that everything was a blurr...She was running and then she fell and after that everything was black.....

Vita tighten her grip on her brothers knife...Yesterday she had gone back to where they had been camping ...No one was there...She had walked around and was able to savage a few things but most had been burnt or ripped up...However, under one blanket she had found her brothers knife and her throwing knifes that were a gift from her father three years ago...With these thing and a bit of food she sat..waiting...hoping...running her hand along the carvings of one of her throwing knifes she remembered the day he had given them to her...She was sure that they were the prettiest things in the whole world..There dark wooden handles with beautiful carvings, the long slender blades, the pouch that she wore at her said to hold them...She had practices every day to be able to sick them in a piece of wood...over and over again(now she hardly ever missed)

Vita sat there basking in her own thoughts when on the horizon not far away a glitter and then a gleam of light caught her eye......
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 11:02
*bump* this is a good plot line i dont wunt to see it die...
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2006 08:28
((Hope no one minds me taking the part of the leader of the eored...the person Bregdan sees is Duilwen. Justice, would you be so good as to find a way to introduce Vito to Bregdan?))

Bregdan’s green eyes squinted from under the protection of his helm as he urged his horse to a faster pace. Behind him his warriors, well acquainted with the danger behind them, didn’t hesitate to match his pace. There was no time to be wasted; that group of Easterlings they had met in pitched battle the day before would have friends. A group of twenty Easterlings simply didn’t travel any more.

“Hoy!” he shouted as he looked up at the sun for their bearings. They were aimed a little too far east; he turned his faithful gelding a little to the west. Without protest, the eored of one hundred men followed his lead, and he smiled. They were a tight band, and the best in Rohan; look at their casualty rate. Out of every ten battles, they tended to lose only two or three men. That was incredibly good, and a testament to how well they worked together.

His thoughts were disturbed, as he looked south and frowned. Lone travelers were rare nowadays; the land was too dangerous for groups less than ten, at least. Yet there, flying across the plains, was a lone horse and rider. He squinted, trying to bring the rider into focus. Oh, no!…he shouted for a halt as he spun his horse south and urged the gelding along even faster.

“Halt!” he shouted as he gained on the rider. “In the name of the King, halt!” A woman. A lone woman, in these parts, headed for the larger group of Easterlings behind them. If the situation were any less urgent, he’d let her go. But it would be akin to murder to let her go on alone.

edited for language
BerethEdhellen, RPG Moderator

[Edited on 14/6/2006 by BerethEdhellen]
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2006 05:50
((Hey Vana, I dont kno if you remember me but i beleive we were in a thread 2gether a while ago))

Saurkal sat atop her Beautiful buckskin horse, his name was Sundance and she had had him as long as she could remember. Saurkal squinted under her heavy helm, they had been riding all day and she could feel the heat of her helm on her face.

Saurkal thought about how she had gotten herself in the position that she was in. Normally she would of been running messages across the lands, now she was here with the Rohirrim warriors. It should have been her bestfriend here, but he had been hurt at the last moment of training and now she was here...She had been so excited when she found out, normally not many women made it into the Rohirrim warriors, but with her training from Elrond ((she grew up in Rivendell-moved to Rohan later)) and his grace, she had set off to learn everything to become one. She had travelled much since then, many years had passed since her first day, the day she went from simple messenger to something more, but it was still like yesterday to her.

Looking far off into the distance, her elvish eyes saw more clearly than most of the Rohan men. That is why she had been set head watchmen, er woman in this case. Saurkal turned to Bregdan, "Do u see what I see?" She asked without looking. Although when she did look he was already heading that direction. They all followed, wondering what a lone woman was doing travelling these lands...that was suicide...
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2006 03:31
((Where is everyone??? Is this thread dead?))
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2006 12:43
((I think I do remember you, Elvin. I held back from posting to see if the others would respond first...wonder where everyone is. But, it's summer; crazy schedules))

The cursed woman had sped up! Muttering under his breath, Bregdan urged his horse on faster. Keeping pace with him was Sakural. He would never confess it, but she was one of the best warriors in his eored; for one, she was the only other warrior who could keep up with him when he was in full gallop, and the skills she'd learned in Rivendell often came in handy.

"Go to the right!" he called to Sakural. "Head her off; she's going toward the Easterlings!" He headed left as the last words left his mouth and urged his horse to even greater speed.
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2006 04:36
Vita watched as the Rohan riders galloped closer into view. She tried to shout but nothing came out beside a horrible crook from her parched throat. Her head began to swim and blackness was about to take her again. Oh! please let them see me... Was her last thought before she fell off the ridge she had been standing on and plunged to the valley below...
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2006 02:04
Saurkal headed to the right, around a ridge and through the valley that was separating the crazy woman from the bloodthirsty easterlings. She should have been ascending down the slope of the valley as Saurkal came into sight, but what she saw startled her, a woman....lying motionless on the ground. Saurkal pulled her horse to a skidding halt and jumped down. She was not moving and she looked very dehydrated, she was not in good shape.

Saurkal pulled the lady up onto her horse and fastened her so that she would not fall. This took all of her strength and soon she was sweating profusely. She took off again at a full run, this woman needed help and if Saurkal missed cutting the crazy woman off then she would need more than help...rounding the been she saw the woman coming down the valley.

"STOP!!! STOP!!! I will not harm you! You are making a grave mistake! Easterlings ahead!, they will slaughter you, turn back now!" Saurkal yelled at the top of her lungs hoping the woman would turn around, to her surprise the woman stopped...

((I hope thats okay if anything isn't then I will fix it ))
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2006 06:44
(Im new to RPGing so please bear with me)
Haldred saw Bregdan and Saurkal pull away from the rest of the eored as they went to head off the running woman. He urged Rhovan faster as he saught to catch up to them. as Bregdan split to the left and Haldred followed. As they flew into the valley Haldred caught up to Bregdan and slid in beside him. He heard Saurkal yell to the woman. Haldred peered over at Saurkal and noticed thatshe was binding a second figure to her horse. He rode up to her and said, upon seeing that the second figure was injured,
"I'll take the injured one and you go for the other one." She looked at me and nodded, Knowing that, as the eoreds chief healer, He was best suited to helping the injured woman. He dismounted and unbound the woman from the horse and laid her on the ground.He examined he and found that her mouth was dried, cracked and was in need of water.She was also covered in small cuts and bruises. So he took some bread and wet it. He then smeared the bread mush into her gums.
As he did so her eyes flickered open and she tried to speak. Haldred shushed her and gave her a flask of water.
She drank and smiled at Haldred
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2006 10:57
is this dead?? please can someone else add something???!!! please!!!!!!!!!!!
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2006 04:03
(Decided to join.not enough people in this thread!)

Hilderinc approached,he was a young rider of the eored and still had much to learn in fighting. Hilderinc walked over,he had always wanted to be a healer and he watched Haldred with great interest. "I hope I will be as good a healer as you someday." Hilderinc said. Haldred didn't answer but tended to the woman. Hilderinc decided it would be best to leave,he was very shy and hated being in the way. He walked back over to his horse Darkfire. He mounted,and he looked at the young girl that had been traveling with them. He wondered if maybe Haldred favored her over him. "No! I cannot think this way! I know he'll teach me the art of healing someday." Hilderinc thought.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2006 10:24
(Thanks elfmaiden)
Haldred finished tending to the woman and he turned to Hilderinc and said,
"Come here. If you so wish to be a healer then I will teach you. If so then i will take you as an apprentice. Is that what you wish?"
Hilderinc turned away so Haldred went back to helping the woman. he strapped her to his horse. Looking around he saw that Saurkal and Bregdan had caught up with the woman who had stopped. he remounted Rhovan behind the woman who was still too weak to be able to ride herself. She was armed with a beautiful pair of throwing knives and a single hunting Knife, all strapped to her belt.
(Justice, earendils_beloved, please post! please, im begging you!!)
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 09:45
Back!yeah! and i dont think (beloved) is still rpging so somone might have to play her character....

Vita felt as the man gently took care of her. She had tried to smile once but she was so week she did not even know if her mouth moved at all. After he had put her on his horse she tried to thank him. However, her mouth would barely even open let alone have word come out of it. Sighing she dropped her head and thought, I'm so helpless right now it's disturbing! Opening her eyes as much as she could, she saw two other riders join to party....
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 10:13
Hilderinc heard Haldred say he would train him in the skills of a healer. He felt his heart jump. "Now I shall be a great fighter and healer!" Hilderinc said excitedly. Then he realized another rider was listening to him. He felt his cheeks go red. "I"m going to be a healer." Hilderinc said to the staring rider.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 11:03
(thax justice!!!! and elfmaiden, i love you both!!)
"Im going to be a healer." Haldred heard Hilderinc say behind him. Haldred sighed a sigh of relief thinking that if he had someone to teach then mayhaps the load would not be so great. as the woman dropped her head he spurred Rhovan out of the valley. He called back to Hilderinc, "follow me and i shall teach you all i can!" As he exited the valley with apprenticein tow he headed down towards a grassy hollow in the side of the hill.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2006 05:04
Hilderinc smiled. "Where will we be going? Back to Edoras?" Hilderinc asked. He didn't really care, he was going to be a healer and thats all that mattered to him.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2006 02:50
Saurkal put the woman in Haldred's Healing hands and went on to catch up with the others. She stopped as the woman looked at her curiously.

"Why did you stop me I have important business to attend to!" She said harshly. She glared at Saurkal, with knives in her eyes.

"I only wanted to save you! There are Easterlings ahead and they will surely slaughter you! You must come with us, hurry before they catch us." Saurkal said with desperation.

The woman looked at her with suspicion, after a few minutes she slowly got onto Saurkals horse, they turned and rode toward the others.
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2006 09:30
Haldred looked at Hilderinc and smiled, saying,
"No. we are still part of the eothed and I cannot think of a better way to teach you healing than after a battle. Besides, we still need to treat this woman." Haldred unslung his herb pouch and rummaged through it.
"Hilderinc, i need you to build up a fire and cook enough food for three. You can cook can't you?" He said, somewhat harshly.
"Well, yes I can cook." Hilderinc replied indignantly as he started building a fire. Haldred gave the woman a leaf and told her to chew it as it would give her energy. She did so quickly. Hilderinc soon had a roaring fire and a delicious smelling stew was cooking over it.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 02:39
Hilderinc watched Haldred carefully as he cared for the wounded. He felt sorry for the injured. Then Haldred turned to him and handed him a healing plant and told him to put it on the wound. Hilderinc did it carefully. He liked the thought that he was helping this man feel better. "Thank you for teaching me Haldred." Hilderinc said.

(I couldn't think of anything else so I put healing plant. If you want I can edit.)
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 07:03
(healing plant is fine but herbs or leaves or dried herbor leaves is better)
Haldred gave the plant to Hilderinc and told him to put it on some of the womans wounds.
" That is Yarrow. it helps slow the bleeding." Haldred told Hilderinc. He ladled the thick stew into a carved wooden bowl and started feeding the woman. She ate easily but she choked slightly on a piece of meat. Haldred told her to remember to chew.
Once she had finished Haldred and Hilderinc ladled themselves some stew and sat back to eat. Haldred watched the woman. she was still weak but she had regained much strength.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2006 12:14
That night Hilderinc slept, but Haldred stayed awake watching the maiden. The night was still, but then a noise pireced the darkness. Hilderinc sat straight up. The ground quaked like something was charging across the plains. Suddenly Hilderinc realized what it was. "Wargriders!" Hilderinc shouted. Suddenly everyone bustled about getting their weapons. They could see by the light of the stars."Thank you Lady of the Stars for this light." Hilderinc whispered. The archers bean firing. Hilderinc fired with them, the bow was his favorite weapon. Soon the evil creatures were coming closer, then Hilderinc realized the injured maiden needed to get to safty. Hilderinc saw Haldred was doing that. "Attack!" A single shout rose from the group. Hilderinc pulled out his sword for close combat...

(Needed something exciting, hope you don't mind.)
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 10:40
Haldred heard the cry,
"Wargriders!" His immediate thoughts were for the woman and for his new apprentice, Hilderinc. He took the woman and shook her awake and helped her onto his horse. He then grabed his helm and jammed it onto his head as he swung behind the woman.
He drew his sword and looked over the womans shoulder. there were many wargs between them and safety no mater which way they went.
They were surounded.
He asked the woman if she could take the reins as he fought their way out. She nodded.
Haldred yelled his battlecry, "Rine tu Wrath" and charged the Wargs
(just about anything can be done to Haldred but dont kill him or disable him)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2006 11:30
Hilderinc heard Haldred's battle cry. He turned for but a second to look at his new teacher when suddenly a warg jumped on him. He felt every bone in his body rattle when he hit the ground. Hilderinc's sword fell out of his reach. He pushed the creatures jaws away from his face, but they managed to bite his shoulder. Suddenly the creature lifted him and threw him across the field. When he landed he felt broken, he couldn't move anything. Was this the end? He saw the creature slowly approaching for the kill, but Hilderinc had no strengh and he faded into darkness.

(Don't want him dead yet! Just thought a little drama would be good.)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2006 10:41
where is everyone! We were just getting to the exciting part! This thread can't be dead yet!
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2006 09:42
As Haldred swung his sword, slashing at an orc, The woman swung Rhovan around and Haldred glimpsed Hilderinc on the ground, with his sword out of his reach and a warg advancing.
Haldred yelled at Hilderinc to move but he remained still. Haldred seized a lance from a passing rider and hurled it towards the warg. The lance pierced the warg, slaying it. it slumped over Hilderinc, concealing him. Haldred turned and returned to fighting the warg riders. he stabbed at an orc, slaying it but another slashed at his side, knocking him from his horse. he saw Rhovan bearing the woman away.
"Strange." he thought,his thoughts echoing in his mind. "The ground is coming."
He slumped to the ground as all went black.
(hes not dead just injured. no killing him!!)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 03:38
Hilderinc felt pressure on his body, he couldn't move. Then suddenly the pressure was removed and he heard someone speaking to him. Hilderinc's eyes opened slightly. Another rider was staring down at him. "Are you alright?" The rider asked. "I guess." Hilderinc said, then he noticed the warg laying beside him. Then suddenly he remembered Haldred. "Where is Haldred?" Hilderinc asked. "We are still searching the battlefield." The rider said as he helped Hilderinc up. Hilderinc flet much pain in his legs. "I must find him." Hilderinc said as he pulled away from the rider. Hilderinc crawled across the battlefield in search of Haldred. "Haldred!" Hilderinc shouted. "Hilderinc, you must come with me to get to the healers." The rider shouted as he ran after him. "Don't you understand! Haldred is the healer!" Hilderinc said. The rider grabbed his arm and pulled him up. "We will find Hilderinc. You need to rest." The rider said. Hilderinc sighed and went along to the camp.
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 06:45
Vita gasped for air, the battle had been fericly hard. After the man had put her on his horse and gave her the rains panic had struck her. Her whole body did not want to work her brain would be thinking left and her hands would turn right. Also her lags just hung limp over the horses back so she had no grip to stay on with. Sweat pored down her face the entire time she had been riding. There was more then one occasion when the man would have to grab her to keep her from falling off. Vita wanted to scream in frustration. After a whole life time of riding and now every movement threatened to throw her off.
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 03:27
Haldred drifted between light and darkness, as he drifted without space or time. The light spoke and it was beutiful and it filled his heart with longing but the dark spoke also and its voice echoed, full of memory. he drifted towards the light.
"Return, Haldred of the Riddermark. your time has not yet come. Your skill is still in great need, and there are those who cannot loose you yet, those who love you. Return Haldred of the Riddermark and go with my blessing to give to all you meet and all you love." the vioce of the Light said this and it filled Haldred with longing anew but it sent him spiralling irritrevibly towards the dark.
"Halderd! Haldred! Wake up! we need you! Dont die." this new vioce heheard rather than felt and his eyes flickered open.
He saw Hilderincs face looking worridly at him. Haldred closed his eyes to sleep once more in the land of the living, but he never forgot the love and the peace he had felt in the Voice of the light

[Edited on 25/8/2006 by wordsmith]
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 06:59
hello where is every one?
oh yeah, this has been moved.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2006 10:21
(hello wordsmith, I'm back!)

Hilderinc was relieved when Haldred woke. "I'm so glad you're alright. Everyone said you didn't have a chance but I believed you did!" Hilderinc said, his eyes filled with tears of joy. Hilderinc had been standing near Haldred all night, he hadn't even thought of his own wounds. Then suddenly he felt dizzy and fell to his knees. "Haldred, I can;t see straight, whats going..." Hilderinc didn't even finish his sentence before he fainted.

(Just to let you know Hilderinc has an arm wound and probably a few others but I'm not exactly sure so you can decide what his injuries are wordsmith, since you are the healer!)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email