Register

<< First56789
Author Topic:
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Ever After (Keeper!)
on: January 04, 2007 05:16
OO//c: It's been much too long since I last wrote for this bugger. *rolls up sleeves* Well, I'm pretty lucky I decided to check it today... just on a hunch, ya know? Well, here goes...

Rolan tumbled about the hallways, making little headway. He wanted to be outside, wanted to be alone in the field with the sun beating down on his face and the echo of the horse hooves pounding in his head. He wanted to be there - and he couldn't find his way. He was certain that more than once he'd probably smashed some priceless artifact as he floundered along the hallways, looking, always looking in that peculiar non-visual way. His hands were his eyes. They 'looked' for him. His ears were his eyes. They directed him. He followed their pull.

At last, he stumbled over something and found himself sprawled ungracefully on what felt - and smelled - like wet grass. With a half laugh that was really a cross between a sob of relief and one of hysteria, Rolan lurched unsteadily to his feet and took a moment to gather where he was exactly. He couldn't hear anyone, so he guessed he was really outside, and not in one of the Elvish courtyards that were so elaborately fashioned as to resemble the outdoors. There really was no sound at all, and for a moment he panicked, wondering if perhaps his hearing had deserted him as well as his sight, but, no. He could hear his own heart beating, if he listened for it.

Rolan wondered if he yelled for Diablo if the horse would simply appear, as he had seemed to be able to do at whim. Well, it would be worht a try, the lad decided and cupped his hands around his mouth, ready to shout 'Diablo!' aloud and then wait for the stallion to come to him. But before he even could let a sound out, a soft muzzle bumped him in the back and he turned around, emitting a rather undignified squeak of surprise. "Diablo?" he asked tentitively. A snort of recognition. He threw himself forward at the stallion and clung possessively to him. Rolan felt the horse begin to kneel and picked up that he probably wanted to take him somewhere. Just being with Diablo was calming him a little bit, and allowing him to think more readily. He clambored aboard the stallion's broad back, his legs swinging freely to either side, and twined his hands in the thick mane, holding on tightly.

"They keep tellin' me I'm gonna remember, an' they don wanna tell me any more'n that," Rolan growled down to Diablo. Here, at least, was someone who wouldn't tell him that everything would come to him in time! What had that Healer said? Ah, yes...

"Everything worth having, from knowledge to skill comes with time and much pain and labor put forth. The returning of your memories will be no different, child."

He snorted at the memory, still not understanding quite why no one could simply tell him all that had transpired. Then Diablo snorted, a warning that he was going to change pace, and broke into a swift canter, and all of Rolan's musings were left behind in the stale air.

***~***~***~***
Ari waited impatiently for news of Fae's condition, but no one seemed inclined to come find her and tell her the news. The one Healer she ran into in the time she spent pacing the halls simply waved her off saying, "He'll live." Ari wanted to scream in frustration. She didn't want to know if he'd live or not - she wanted to know how badly he'd been hurt and when - if ever - he'd be well again. She hadn't damaged him that badly... had she?

Full of worry, the leader of Imladris strode through the nearly deserted halls of the Last Homely House, for anyone to see, seeming more like a caged animal than an Elf.

((WH00T!!! I ish back! And I brings gourmet food with me, I does!))
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 01:53
Neth ignored the Captain and Arato as she snuggled against the smith. Her tears were bathing his neck, and she knew he would gladly remain here with her.

Perhaps she could turn him, make him an ally of hers, and Morgai's and Ondet's...

A shiver ran through her body as she thought again of Ondet's words...

"You have been spared immeasurable pain. For now." He crouched down and stroked her hair back out of her face and said, "If you fail me, Morgai will die, and you will belong to me. Your life will be mine. Your very soul will be mine." He tilted her chin up and said, in a whisper, "So if you are smart, you will not fail me."

"Oh, Bellas...please come sit with me." She held tightly to him as she walked him to her bed. "They took my weapons, Bellas. They treated me so horribly. The one of them, a Captain Morgai, he...he..." She began sobbing again, and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Please promise me you won't leave me, Bellas. I..I need you. I want you to be here with me." She brushed her lips against his and then whispered, "Please, Bellas, don't go anywhere. Hold me and don't let me go."

A moment later, there was a brisk knock, the door reopened, and Captain Glyndr strode back into the room, looking fierce.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 02:07
((*Nimmy and characters hide behind 'flyn* Control that elf! He's scary!))

As Nethrauth fled into Bellas' arms, Arato rethought his desire to question her about his brother Morgai. Clearly, further talk of him would only upset her.

"It appears the Captain is in far worse a mood than usual," Aiden said as he and Eadoin returned to the door.

"I can see that ," Arato replied, shivering as he recalled the captain's icy stare. He started limping off without another word. His brothers followed him until Arato turned. "Do as the Captain says. I've got a lot to do."

"Arato..." Eadoin began.

"That's an order!" Arato snapped. He continued to limp off. The younger men stared after him.

"Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to encourage him to becomes Glyndr's second," Aiden mused. "That on top of everything else is going to get to him eventually."

"Not to mention the Captain's temper," Eadoin muttered in reply. "I really don't like him."

"What's new?"

----------

Arato gave up on his list of trouble areas in the defenses of Imladris as he found his attention wandering once again. His mind kept wandering back to his encounter with Neth, to Glyndr, to what he was going to happen. Sighing, he set aside the parchment he had been writing upon.

"Arato... you and I need to talk," suddenly came to his mind again. Deciding that he had the time now, since he couldn't concentrate, he rose to his feet and set off for Glyndr's office.

----------

Eadoin had left his brother in the armory and had gone to wander the halls of Imladris by himself. He couldn't explain it, but he had this niggling feeling of unease. As the inevitable battle drew nearer, he grew more and more afraid of what might happen to Imladris, to Elladan, to Rolan, to everyone... Ari especially.

As soon as he rounded a corner, a movement caught his eye. Looking at whatever it was, he saw a familiar figure just about to round the corner at the other end of the hall.

"Ari!" he called after her, hurrying to catch up to his love. "Ari, wait!"

((It lives!!!!))

Edit: Changed some stuff.

[Edited on 6/1/07 by Nimeneth]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 02:17
As he reached the office door Glyndr stopped, his cold stare fixed on the wood of the door.
"Neth..." he hissed under his breath, " all is not as it seems!".

The Captain turned , and in a flurry of raven hair he flew back to Nethraueth and those answers he needed.

Glyndr reached her room and threw open the door...all manners and protocol forgotten in his instinctive need for those answers. Glyndr was a Captain , his duty lay with the protection and defence of his people...Duty first...as always.

"Nethraueth",he snarled, his ice cold glare fixed on her, "Don't try to play games with me elleth".

The Captain strode forward and gripped her chin in his gold ringed fingers ignoring Bellas as if he did not exist.

" You have faced me in combat..I know your strength", the ice boring deep into her eyes.

" These tears", the Captain flicked her head back, the ice sharp in those , oh so cold eyes, "They are not the tears of the she -warrior that is under my command....I want answers, and I want them now!"
"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 02:31
Neth was startled and gave a cry as Glyndr squeezed her chin and demanded answers. She fought the urge to punch the Captain in the face and instead blurted out, "I am not the same warrior you faced before!" She shoved his hand away, and stood up, shaking with rage. "Their leader had me beaten and abused, six of them on me at once, beating me with their fists, their feet, the hilts of their swords! I was abused for days, and gagged so that I could not scream, tied up so I could not escape!" The words were rushing out now, too fast for her to stop. "I had to listen to the screams of their other prisoners, I had to listen to the chaos that ensued when those prisoners escaped, and no one knew I was there, so there was no chance of my being rescued as well! How do you think that made me feel? To be abandoned there? Then their leader came to me with Captain Morgai, the one who captured me in the first place, and he told me that once they destroyed Imladris, Captain Morgai would be given me as a gift! A present for a Man who only wants one thing from me! He came to me and told me as his hands slid down my arms that he would have me, that he was going to ta-take me even if it meant my death, even though he had heard that an elf would die from such a thing. He would make me his and then watch the light flicker out of my eyes, just so he could say he had been with an elf!" She had started crying again, and bit her lip. "Then after he left, Ondet told me that if something happened to Morgai, that I would be his instead. So you see, Captain, I am afraid. I have never been afraid in my entire life, but now I am. I'm sorry if you think it inappropriate for me to cry, but think of your wife and answer me this. How would she react to such treatment? We are both female, you know. I am not that dissimilar from her, even if I am a warrior."

[Edited on 6/1/2007 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2007 03:47
"Ari! Ari wait!"

Arianna heard her name distantly, and almost didn't respond to it. At the last second, she decided it was probably one of the healers, coming to seek her out about Fae's condition, and they were going to tell her he'd been too badly injured to be Healed well enough to be of use on the field... Or something equally terrible must have happened. Were they being attacked?

Ari spun around and ran twoards the voice she'd heard, only to end up colliding rather ungracefully with, of all people, Eadoin. She looked at him in shocked surprise. In the whole time she'd been waiting to find out about Fae, she'd nearly forgotten about everything else. And now that she was standing here, rather ackwardly, she felt something different... Guilt, perhaps, for forgetting him, no matter how short the time? Ari tried to push the concerns to the back of her mind and give a decent imitation of a smile. She wasn't sure she succeeded.

"Eadoin!" she exclaimed. "I thought you were with Faeringil." She paused for a moment before asking anxiously, "Do you know how he's doing? The Healers wouldn't tell me anything. Last time I went the the Halls of Healing to ask, one of them politely told me I needed to find something else to occupy my time rather than worrying about someone I'd injured! The nerve of it..." she trailed off, muttering ineloquent curses under her breath.

But seeing Eadoin reminded her of another young human... Was anyone watching Rolan?

And she had to ask. "Have you seen Rolan lately?" She paused, trying to think of the last time she had seen the lad. "Has anyone seen Rolan lately?" Now concern for Fae - whom she knew distantly - was replaced with a more nagging concern for Rolan, someone who was a good friend of her's.

OO//c: Sorry it's so short... I can't really think of anything to say, and no one should WANT to read about Diablo selecting flowers to eat. xD
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2007 12:02
Glyndr stepped back sharply, as Neth stood, an angry young Lioness, with fire in her eyes, the look of an unbroken stallion in his own sharp blue.

Despite the arrogance in his look and stance, he flinched imperceptibly, her words had brought back vividly the memories of the sights and sounds at that foul, devil haunted camp he , and his rescue group had dared to enter.

The proud, defiant look in his eyes flickered, and faltered as Neth spoke of this Morgai creature, and the terrible, unspeakable act the vile mortal had threatened to inflict on her.
That creature meant to defile this beautiful elleth for his own satisfaction, and then watch impassively as the precious light of the elves faded forever from her eyes. The thought drove that dark fury deep inside Glyndr to an even darker, fiercer flame.
His hatred of these humans was now more than obsessive.

“Lalaith”, the Captain whispered as Neth’s last words drove deep, a colder fear in his heart as he imagined his beautiful, precious Lalaith faced with those same atrocities.

“No Nethraueth”, Glyndr stepped back further, “No, I understand the reason behind your tears now…. only too well”, he nodded a bow as he backed towards the door.
“Bellas, protect her”, he said again as he halted briefly in the doorway.

In a moment the Captain was gone. Back to his office…. and back to a very real threat of war.
Now, once again his thoughts were as they always were..The cold, calculating, military thoughts of a Captain.

Except.

Except Nethraueth, and her words stayed, haunting his thoughts.

“Arato”, Glyndr took a deep breath as he swept past his second who had just reached his office door, “ Get in here”, he growled as he held the door open….

Slamming the door closed behind them, Glyndr turned to face Arato, “ I need you as a loyal, and trustworthy second in command”, he growled, that familiar ice glare fixed on Arato, “ Tell me…. truthfully”, Glyndr moved slowly towards Arato, that cold stare unwavering, “ Nethraueth says you resemble one of the enemy”.

He paused briefly, then took another step closer, “ Do you? ….Tell me ….why should she mention this?…the truth soldier….Does she have any reason to say this? ..Arato…we must soon face the enemy..Oh, yes, there is no doubt of it…. we shall before long…I MUST be certain as to where loyalties lie…Arato… I need to know”.

Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2007 03:20
Arato had just reached the office door when he sensed a presence behind him. He turned just in time to see the icy captain sweeping towards him, and took an unconscious step backwards.

"Arato, get in here."

"Yes sir," Arato replied, stepping in behind the Captain. He jumped as the door slammed shut behind him. The captain spoke further, but Arato didn't hear very much of it. He suddenly felt likea cornered animal with a predator stalking towards it, watching Glyndr come slowly closer.

"T-the truth?" Arato stuttered nervously. He cleared his throat to try again. "The truth, Captain? Yes, I do resemble one of the enemy, for he is my blood. My brother Morgai is in the enemy's camp, according to my brother's report after finding the camp for the first time and to Nethrauth, who has had contact with him."

Pacing to a window, Arato stopped and stared at the scenery outside. "I do not know why Nethrauth mentioned it - perhaps it is so you can identify him if you ever do meet him, perhaps for another purpose. But never doubt this, Captain, my loyalties lie here, regardless of who is on the other side. I hold little love for Morgai, so it matters not to me if he truly is among the enemy." Arato's green eyes met Glyndr's icy blue ones, and he held the Captain's stare without flinching.

---------

"Aiden and I left when we found out that Arato had fainted in Nethrauth's rooms," Eadoin replied to Ari's inquiry about whether or not he had been with Faeringil. "I thought you were with him, and no, I don't know how he's doing." Eadoin kissed her briefly on the temple, then listened to her talk for a few more minutes.

"Rolan?" Eadoin's brow wrinkled in concern. "No, I haven't seen him since earlier. Arato was with him, but I don’t he’s there anymore.” He shrugged. “I wouldn’t be surprised if he found his way to Diablo somehow – that horse is practically his best friend. Let’s go see, shall we?” The Rohirric lad offered the elf maid his arm.

((Meh, not completely satisfied with it, but it’ll do.))

Edit: Stupid typos.

[Edited on 10/1/07 by Nimeneth]
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2007 11:13
Ari smiled a little as Eadoin kissed her. Then, as he suggested that they both go look for Rolan, she nodded, her hair falling into her face a little until she brushed it away and latched gently onto the arm that Eadoin offered to her.

The two of them wandered slowly through the halls of the Last Homely House, going ever closer towards the exit that led to the pastures where Diablo should be. And, presumably, where they would find Rolan as well.

Ari relaxed a trifle as she walked with Eadoin. It was a small comfort that being with the young man offered her, but she would take any source of comfort now. It was difficult being the leader of anything - doubly so in a time of war, especially when one was so often uncertain of what needed to be done. It was so hard, sometimes, being in charge here... When at times all she wanted to do was go hide herself away from everyone else - those were the times when she was needed to come out of her shell and be the strong wall between the enemy and the Elves of Imladris. And sometimes - though much less frequently - she had to stand up to Glyndr as well. Ari let a brief shiver run through her. Standing up to a faceless enemy was one thing, but standing up to an Elf who had the temper of a demon was quite another!

Thank Eru he's on our side, she thought fervently. Imladris needed such brilliant minds and strong leaders as Glyndr was. And the humans, as well.

***~***~***~***
The arrival at the pasture put an end to Ari's musings. She felt tempted to continue to cling to Eadoin like a lifeline, but knew that she couldn't let her personal wants overrule her better sense for what was good for the Elves of Imladris. If they wanted to approach her, they would not do so if she were with Eadoin and hanging onto him like a lovestruck Elfling, even if whatever they had to say was important. With an inner sigh, Ari released Eadoin's arm and continued to walk beside him, closer to the pasture. She was about to say something, when movement caught her eye and she looked to see a pair of horses fighting.

One was coal black and huge - that was Diablo! And the other one was a flame-red, nearly as big and muscled almost as heavily. Ari couldn't quite make out what they were fighting over. Some shape moved in the grass, slowly, and Diablo made a flying jump over it, his hooves coming down dangerously close to whatever it was. The defiant screams of the two horses - Ari presumed that the other was a stallion, like Diablo - echoed eerily, sounding like two horse fights instead of one.

Diablo struck out with his forefeet and caught the red a glancing blow across the chest. The red Elven warhorse retalliated by clamping his teeth down on Diablo's ear and pulling backwards, causing the black to screech in pain. Somehow the huge black managed to manuver his hidnquarters around and strike the red stallion hard enough to force him to drop his hold.

The red reared and Diablo continued on the offensive, squealing in outrage each time the other horse tried to get past him to whatever the black was guarding.

And Rolan was still nowhere to be seen.

dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 09, 2007 07:02
(yaah, here it is!)

Bellas had gone to Neth’s chambers upon hearing of trouble there… he’d not expected to find Glyndr and Arato (or the eavesdroppers) there, but he’d *really* not expected the elleth to react to his presence the way that she did!

Neth's eyes opened wide. "Bellas!" The elleth ran to him and buried her face in his neck, sobbing horribly. "One of them tried to come in here and take me away, Bellas. I am not safe without someone to protect me." She sobbed harder and whispered hoarsely, "Will you protect me, Bellas? Do you care enough about me to do that?"

The smith’s strong arms closed around her as if on instinct, as soon as she ran to him. Having her crying on him so made his heart ache, and upon hearing that someone had come to steal her away, he became angry. How dare anyone try to hurt her after what she’d already been through? It didn’t occur to him that she was acting so out-of-character. The Captain’s voice made him look up from Neth’s tear-streaked face.

“Bellas”, Glyndr said as he swept across the room towards the door, “ Do as she asks…” the Captain paused beside them in the doorway, his ice blue eyes again fixed on Neth as once again his brave she-warrior succumbed to uncharacteristic tears, “Protect her, the one who dared to try to take her back may be stupid enough to try again, I shall set extra guards on watch around the walls…Let the wretch try again”.

Glyndr lifted his chin in his arrogant manner, his eyes never leaving Neth, “ I would like nothing more than to take one of them prisoner”, he smiled an almost evil half smile, “ He and I would have so much to discuss, I am sure I could ‘persuade’ him to tell me all about the camp, their leader and their plans”.

Turning sharply, Glyndr strode past them and out of the door, “ OUT of my way brats!”

He nodded at the command, continuing to hold the elleth of his heart close to that same heart. As if he needed to be told! He’d been foolish enough already, not treating Neth right when she’d come to him that day that now seemed ages passed- the day he believed had sent her away, and into the evil fate that had befallen her. Only after had he realized what lay in his heart… and he swore to himself that he’d never let anyone harm her, ever again. Bellas felt a shiver run through her and his embrace tightened just a bit.

"Oh, Bellas...please come sit with me." She held tightly to him as she walked him to her bed. "They took my weapons, Bellas. They treated me so horribly. The one of them, a Captain Morgai, he...he..." She began sobbing again, and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Please promise me you won't leave me, Bellas. I..I need you. I want you to be here with me." She brushed her lips against his and then whispered, "Please, Bellas, don't go anywhere. Hold me and don't let me go."

Bellas was so caught up in his heartache for Neth and anger at this ‘Morgia’ character, and the way Neth was holding onto him… so many thoughts and emotions were swirling through his head. Then, she kissed him- a kiss which his lips yielded to without hesitation, but that left him feeling surprised.

“I won’t,” he answered to her whispered plea, cradling her against him, “I’ll watch over you, always!”

A moment later, there was a brisk knock, the door reopened, and Captain Glyndr strode back into the room, looking fierce.

The look on Glyndr’s face unsettled Bellas, and he wondered what was going on.

"Nethraueth",he snarled, his ice cold glare fixed on her, "Don't try to play games with me elleth".

The Captain strode forward and gripped her chin in his gold ringed fingers ignoring Bellas as if he did not exist.

" You have faced me in combat..I know your strength", the ice boring deep into her eyes.

" These tears", the Captain flicked her head back, the ice sharp in those , oh so cold eyes, "They are not the tears of the she -warrior that is under my command....I want answers, and I want them now!"
"

Bellas’s brow was furrowed, and he was about to shout at Glyndr and tell him this was not the time (obviously with no regard to his own safety), when Neth began speaking. He released his hold and sat back, listening to her words with an expression of disblief on his face that quickly became one of horror.

Neth was startled and gave a cry as Glyndr squeezed her chin and demanded answers. She fought the urge to punch the Captain in the face and instead blurted out, "I am not the same warrior you faced before!" She shoved his hand away, and stood up, shaking with rage. "Their leader had me beaten and abused, six of them on me at once, beating me with their fists, their feet, the hilts of their swords! I was abused for days, and gagged so that I could not scream, tied up so I could not escape!" The words were rushing out now, too fast for her to stop. "I had to listen to the screams of their other prisoners, I had to listen to the chaos that ensued when those prisoners escaped, and no one knew I was there, so there was no chance of my being rescued as well! How do you think that made me feel? To be abandoned there? Then their leader came to me with Captain Morgai, the one who captured me in the first place, and he told me that once they destroyed Imladris, Captain Morgai would be given me as a gift! A present for a Man who only wants one thing from me! He came to me and told me as his hands slid down my arms that he would have me, that he was going to ta-take me even if it meant my death, even though he had heard that an elf would die from such a thing. He would make me his and then watch the light flicker out of my eyes, just so he could say he had been with an elf!" She had started crying again, and bit her lip. "Then after he left, Ondet told me that if something happened to Morgai, that I would be his instead. So you see, Captain, I am afraid. I have never been afraid in my entire life, but now I am. I'm sorry if you think it inappropriate for me to cry, but think of your wife and answer me this. How would she react to such treatment? We are both female, you know. I am not that dissimilar from her, even if I am a warrior."

When she’d finished, he was writhing inwardly over her words- but he looked back to Glyndr, his own eyes demanding to know if the Captain had gotten the “answers” he came for. It was obvious that her words had made an impact on the icy captain, though.

“Lalaith”, the Captain whispered as Neth’s last words drove deep, a colder fear in his heart as he imagined his beautiful, precious Lalaith faced with those same atrocities.

“No Nethraueth”, Glyndr stepped back further, “No, I understand the reason behind your tears now…. only too well”, he nodded a bow as he backed towards the door.
“Bellas, protect her”, he said again as he halted briefly in the doorway.

Giving a deep sigh, the smith shook his head and pulled Neth back into his embrace. There were many things he longed to say to her, but he couldn’t bring himself to form the words… so, he soon gave her a comforting smile and squeezed her hands.

“You should try to sleep,” he said softly, raising his fingers roughened from hard work to gently touch her cheek, “Have no fear… I’ll stay here and watch over you. Anyone will have to kill me to get to you- and I promise you, my lovely Nethraueth, that won’t be easy.”

Unable to help himself, he leaned forward and kissed her softly, his cheeks flaming now that they were alone, and in the silence of her chamber. Standing, he gestured toward her pillow.
“Sleep, Neth, and let no evils haunt your dreams. I’m here.”

The smith moved to stand next to the window, where he looked out silently. His thoughts were roving all over the place, his heart pulled in different directions… but, Bellas was sure of one thing. He would protect her, no matter what, even if it cost his life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narmion had so-needed comfort, after what he’d experienced…especially now…and so he’d asked for it in the simplest way, by resting his heavy head on Amata’s slender shoulder. When she didn’t move away from him, his heart lifted. When her arm went around him, his heart flew. He smiled quietly to himself, drawing inner strength from her warmth and comfort. She was so beautiful, he thought, so special in so many ways. He’d been fond of her ever since their first meeting… and now… now the feelings in his heart had gone beyond fondness. He’d realized that much when he’d opened his eyes and seen her sitting beside his sickbed.
For several minutes they sat thus, the elf resting against her, without any words. Eventually, though, she spoke…

“I’m sorry I didn’t come back sooner than this. I’ve been thinking, and I wish I’d never left at all. I could have made a difference.” She paused.

Narmion’s heart thumped uncomfortably. Did she think her not being here had anything to do with his being captured by the enemy?

“At any rate, I’ll start making a difference from now on.” She turned her gaze to the ground. “I’m going to find Glyndr and offer my services to him as a fighter.”

He cringed at that, and slowly sat up, looking at her silently. A wan smile came to his lips. She was so brave! He thought…. So brave, to offer her service now, when their forces were so diminished. But, he didn’t want her to fight… he didn’t want to think of her being hurt. But, better to go down fighting than otherwise, right? He wasn’t quite sure what to believe anymore… all of his old ideals about valor and nobility seemed less important, after what had happened.

But, he found her hand with his and squeezed it gently, intertwining his fingers with hers without breaking their gaze.

“It would be enough,” he said quietly, “Just to have you here, without your joining the ranks. Just having you here, Amata, means so much. Don’t be upset with yourself that you left… what happened to me…” and here he gulped, the memory still very close and painful, “I was captured because of my own brashness. If anything were to happen to you, I don’t know what I would do.”

His dark eyes wandered to her lips, and he found himself desiring to kiss her… but, he sighed again and looked away, up at the sky.
“The hours have gone quickly… perhaps I should go back to resting. But… thank-you, for everything, Amata. I do believe your presence itself has a healing effect on me.”

The dark-haired ellon was blushing as he accepted her help to stand again, and turned to head back to his room in the healing halls- feeling more lighthearted than he had in what seemed months.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lalaith had managed to keep herself busy, but she was anxious for Glyndr to come back to her. All day she’d had the horrible feeling of foreboding, as if all of Imladris were holding its breath and simply waiting for the hammer-stroke to fall. She had no gift of foresight, but she just knew something was going to happen soon, and she feared that whatever it was, it would take her beloved Glyndr from her. She worried for all of her friends, of course- she’d hate to lose any of them… but, she didn’t know how she would go on without her lifemate, the One who held her heart. Now she sat in the silence of their chambers, her hands busy with the making of infant’s clothing, but her mind busy with fretting. More than anything she longed to feel the safety she always felt in the circle of her husband’s arms.

(hope this is all ok… poke me if not)
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2007 04:38
The Captain moved towards the window , meaning to open it, he felt again, the all too familiar feeling of being trapped in the confinement of his office.

“Brother?” Glyndr stopped as suddenly as if he had walked into a wall.
“You have a brother”, The Captain turned slowly, his steady viper’s stare met that of his second in command’s.
“A brother who is one of the enemy, one of those I seek to destroy”, he purred icily,
“Good, and you say you have no love for this Morgai creature”, Glyndr said slowly, his military mind already scheming, “That could be very useful in the future”.

Glyndr turned away for a moment, deep in thought , then turned back, once again he met the human’s unflinching stare, “Arato, I do not doubt your loyalty, I can read it in your eyes”.
The Elf Captain smiled inwardly, “ Good, the human is becoming bolder, …he challenges me…and dares to hold my stare with his own….It will serve him well to use that boldness in the forthcoming battles I fear will be upon us very soon”.

His mind made up, Glyndr strode towards the door, pausing once to look back at Arato, “Soldier, continue with your duties preparing us for war, and Arato…I have another duty for you, Keep a close watch , one of the enemy might just try to return to try again to find Nethraueth”.

Without even an explanation as to where he was going, the Captain swept out of the office, and across the courtyard towards home, towards the place he knew his Lalaith would be waiting. There was so much he knew must be done, but he needed to see his wife…Soon they would have little or no time to be together, but now on the edge of inevitable conflict , Glyndr would make time.
He ran the stairs that led to their chambers, leaping three at a time, and then ran the corridor to halt outside the heavy oak door that led to that safe haven that was his sanctuary.
The Captain stared at the door, a cold shiver ran through him, he felt it, a physical pain as once again that icy, skeletal hand gripped at his heart.

Glyndr sensed disaster, a deep sense of dread, a fear for the future. His future, the future of Imladris, and the futures of his beautiful wife and their precious unborn new lives.
He fought those fears as he entered their chambers quietly, then stood ,silent for a moment in the doorway, just watching Lalaith as she worked , he sensed her own worries deeply, his heart ached for her.

“Lalaith, come to me”, the Captain said softly as he took the needlework from her and placed it on a nearby table.
He took her hands in his , and drew her to him, his arms around her, a shield protecting her against that evil they both knew was coming. “Forget your worries, my love, fear nothing….I am here…and I always shall be”.

Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2007 06:19
((This is a quickie, just to respond to peoples like I promised... @Sal: What's in the grass?))

Eadoin froze as he and Ari entered the pasture housing the horses. Diablo and another horse, a large red stallion, were fighting over something... he squinted, trying to make out the shape in the grass, but was unsuccessful. Whatever it was, Diablo seemed to be willing to protect it at all costs. But what was it?

Suddenly, a wave of homesickness swept over him. Watching the two horses fight reminded him of Rohan, of how he had once witnessed a fight between two horses much similar to this, but different. The stallions had been fighting over control of a herd, not over a object on the ground. But the battle had been ferocious, like this one. Eadoin stared at the two stallions, his mind drifting elsewhere, to simpler times, safer times....

----------

Glyndr turned away for a moment, deep in thought , then turned back, once again he met the human’s unflinching stare, “Arato, I do not doubt your loyalty, I can read it in your eyes”.
The Elf Captain smiled inwardly, “ Good, the human is becoming bolder, …he challenges me…and dares to hold my stare with his own….It will serve him well to use that boldness in the forthcoming battles I fear will be upon us very soon”.

His mind made up, Glyndr strode towards the door, pausing once to look back at Arato, “Soldier, continue with your duties preparing us for war, and Arato…I have another duty for you, Keep a close watch , one of the enemy might just try to return to try again to find Nethraueth”.

"Yes, Captain," Arato replied, giving the elf a courteous nod before hurrying back to his duties. Once safely back in his room, he closed the door and sank onto the bed. Glyndr's tone had given him the shivers, but he had refused to let the captain see that he was nervous. What does Glyndr have in mind,, he wondered, and how can the knowledge that Morgai is my brother be useful in the future? Does he mean to use me to... no. Arato shook his head.

"That is not my concern," he reminded himself sharply, returning to working on the defense of Imladris, adding notes of how the weaker areas could be strengthened.

((It's a quickie, alright, but it might get EA moving again!))
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 05:21
Ari's eyes went wide when she spotted Diablo fighting. But they went even wider when she realized what it was that the giant black horse was actually fighting over. In the tall grass, the shadowy shape moved again, and her Elven eyes caught sight of a mop of dirty-blonde hair. Rolan!

"Oh, Eru - " she managed to choke out, grabbing Eadoin's hand and dragging him forward towards the raging horses. "Eadoin - that's Rolan there!" she screeched when he didn't respond to her tugging. He seemed to have drifted off into some other universe for a moment, and it took him a while to shake off the remenents of the dream or whatever it was that he'd been remembering.

***~***~***~***
He could hear the grunts and squeals of indignity and pain so very close to him. Rolan reached out a hand, searching in vain for something to pull himself forward. He wasn't quite sure what had happened. Something had knocked against him, and Diablo had been furious. His head ached, and his leg burned when he moved it in a certain way. Briefly he wondered if it was broken, but dropped that notion. At worst, it was probably sprained.

But that didn't help him with his immediate problem, Rolan reminded himself as a tremor through the ground told him that the horses were nearly on top of him with their fighting. Diablo was strong, and he was smart, but he wasn't any more infalliable than the rest of them.

Rolan twisted on the ground, and nearly managed to sit up, but a foreleg knocked him in the side and he was back on the ground, winded, and now nursing a set of lovely soon-to-be bruises. If only someone would get the other thing away! From the snorts, Rolan guessed it was another stallion, though why the horse would be attacking Diablo was anyone's guess. The stallion would have to be crazy!

If anyone's comin', they'd better 'urry up, the boy thought to himself.
***~***~***~***
Ondet paced back and forth in his tent. It had been quite a long while since he'd sent Di'shan out on the mission to kill Dirk's family. He wondered how it had gone. Di'shan had not yet returned, but he was hoping that soon the man would. He needed to have the order back in his camp that Di'shan's presence inspired. Even with the most fearsome of reputations, Ondet could not keep all the orcs and men in perfectly straight lines. And he would not resort to the same violence that Di'shan plied as his trade to reestablish order.

No, Ondet mused, he was just going to have to find another person to inspire the same fear. Morgai was out of the question, as was Delvan. There just had to be someone though, who could - even temporarily - take Di'shan's place. Just get the camp cleaned up a little bit... The Elf tapped his foot thoughtfully as he stopped pacing. Perhaps one of the lessers... Yes, that woudl work quite nicely. They harbored anger, grudges against those of higher stature than themselves. Someone from a lower level would insipre the necessary fear quite well, Ondet guessed.

Now the only trouble was, which one to pick?

***~***~***~***
Dirk watched the horses. He wondered how the chestnut gelding he'd sent with Di'shan was holding up. The horse hadn't returned, riderless or otherwise, so the man assumed that Di'shan was taking adequate care of him, at least. But there was too much time on the hands of the man from Rohan. His mind kept thrusting stories and crazy ideas on him, until he could no longer stand it.

Daniella needed breaking in, Dirk decided, in an attempt to rid his mind of thoughts. He jumped into the corral and the horses immediately turned their attention to him. He advanced on the filly and put his hand out, gently stroking her velvety muzzle. She was a pale rust red, similar to a faded shade of dried blood. Dirk wiped the connection from his mind and set about his work. For the next hour or so, no thoughts other than the immediate present crossed his mind.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2007 12:48
"Huh?" Eadoin asked intelligently as Arianna shook him back to the present. He found himself staring at the fighting stallions again. "Rolan's on the grass?!" This time his attention was rivited to the stallion's hooves, trying to find out how close they actually were to Rolan.

Slowly, he moved in the direction of Diablo's rump, giving the horses a wide berth as he circled the horses. He had to get Rolan out of there before he got hurt even more! Finally, he had a clear view of Rolan, and he watched carefully before he began to move slowly forward.

"Diablo, get the red away!" he cried, hoping the horse could actually do something. He inched towards Rolan, hoping he could get the boy out of there before one of the horses accidentally placed a hoof wrong and did some serious damage.

----------

Before he really knew what had happened, Aiden found himself back in the stable, absently brushing the coat of Eadoin's horse. The mare nibbled on his head as he went over the same spot several times. Bringing himself back to the present, he sighed and paid more attention to his task.

He was bored half out of his mind! All this ... this ... waiting was going to drive him crazy! Groaning, Aiden allowed his head to rest on the mare's shoulder for a moment. When would something happen, something that would put him into action to help Imladris?

----------

Morgai reigned in the blue roan a ways away from Ondet's camp, staring at the tents he could see through the trees thoughtfully. He knew he had to return and carry out his duties as Ondet's second, but a deep resentment for the elf boiled in his chest. The elf had hurt Neth - his Neth, his wife! - and had expected him to strike her.

He didn't think he could follow the elf blindly now that he had something other than his own skin to worry about. But he couldn't run away, either, because Ondet would hunt him and Neth down and kill them. Sighing, Morgai twisted the reigns between his hands and then turned the horse back towards Imladris. He had a beautiful elleth to wait for.
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 05:21
(((Let's see if I can throw anything together for this...)))

Diablo heard Eadoin's call, and attacked the red stallion with even greater fury than before if it was possible. The red reared, intending to do some damage with his hooves on the black's side, but Diablo had a different set of rules for this particular exchange. He opened his mouth and pulled back his gums, using his teeth like a hammer on the tender skin at the base of the red stallion's neck. The red screeched indignantly and nearly toppled over as he scrambled away to keep from falling backwards. Diablo didn't let up for a second, continuing his ferocious attack.

The noise had attracted the attention of several other horses, who all stood off at a bit of a distance, watching the exchange. They were part of the reason Diablo hadn't chased the red off before. Any one of them could easily have come and injured Rolan while Diablo was occupied. But now Eadoin was here, and Diablo knew it was safe to turn all his attention to this one particular stallion that should have been gelded ages ago.

***~***~***~***
Dirk caught a flash of blue-grey as he wandered back to his tent from the training corral, a bit sore and definitely dirty, but overall very satisfied with how Daniella was coming along. Curious, he moved back a few steps until he could clearly see the receeding figure of Morgai on the back of one of the blue roans that he rarely had contact with. A frown crossed Dirk's face. Why was Morgai taking off without even bothering to report to Ondet?

The question, and it's most likely interesting solution, made Dirk a little more rash than he normally would have been. He walked at a brisk pace back to the holding pens with the rest of the horses and whistled for Daniella. Time to see how much of that learning you actually absorbed today, he thought to himself as he swung aboard the filly's bare back and goaded her into a run that ended in jumping the fence. She behaved beautifully and he turned her head towards where he had last seen Morgai.

She went eagerly enough, and it wasn't very long before he could see the other man up ahead.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2007 08:04
((Whee, Eadoin to the rescue!))

Eadoin kept half his attention focused on the whereabouts of the horses' hooves, so he wouldn't get his head kicked in, and the other half on Rolan. Just a few feet more and he'd be able to get Rolan under the arms and bring him out of harm's way. He crept forward, as quickly as he dared.

"Rolan," he called as he got closer. "Stay where you are. I've almost got you..." He grabbed the boy beneath the arms and pulled him along the grass, out of the way, before helping him to his feet and guiding him well away of the horse.

"Are you alright?" he asked Rolan.

----------

"You stupid beast!" Morgai exploded as the blue roan decided it had enough of his orders and turned due west rather than continuing along the path Morgai had chosen. He tried to pull the horse to a stop, but the roan began to buck instead. Morgai was thrown clear and into a patch of underbrush. The horse calmed as Morgai stood up.

"You - " Morgai growled. He stopped as he saw a shape moving towards him, and his hands fell upon the hilts of his swords. He didn't know who this was, but he didn't like them, whoever they were.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 10, 2007 05:54
(ok, this only took forever! *faints* sorry... just getting over my computer crashing >< Anyway, only for Lalaith and Narmion this time. Maybe this will get us moving again. I've written Amata out at Andy's request, but I didn't know what to write for Bellas or Delvan. Iell, if you want to go ahead and start our plot bunny, its fine with me )

At first, Lalaith didn't notice Gylndr was standing there, not until he came closer. Looking up, she saw in his face her own worries mirrored, and she sighed.

“Lalaith, come to me”, the Captain said softly as he took the needlework from her and placed it on a nearby table.
He took her hands in his , and drew her to him, his arms around her, a shield protecting her against that evil they both knew was coming. “Forget your worries, my love, fear nothing….I am here…and I always shall be”.

Burying her face against his chest, the mother-to-be squeezed her eyes shut and clung to her husband tightly. In the circle of his arms she was comforted, as always, but her worry and fear couldn't leave her completely. Raising her eyes to meet his, she reached up to touch his face.
"Glyndr, I do love you so... and you will always be in my heart... but I know that you are a warrior, and that war is coming. I don't doubt your skill in battle, but I can't help worrying for you!"

Pulling him down for a deep kiss she writhed inwardly when her tears finally began to fall. She didn't want him to see her so upset- didn't her beloved captain have enough bearing down on him already?

"Tell me you have nowhere else to be, my love," she sighed as she stroked his smooth cheek, "I want you here with me... I need you here with me, Glyndr. Battle isn't on our doorstep on this night."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After she'd helped him back to his rooms, Narmion thanked Amata with a smile and then closed his eyes to rest. There had been nothing admitted between them, but he felt it... and it made him happy. With a smile on his lips he drifted off to sleep.

When he awoke later on, he felt a bit of alarm to see the half-elf wasn't at his bedside. Sitting up slowly, he looked at her empty hair, and wondered if she'd gone to get some rest herself.. but, then his eyes caught sight of a folded parchment on the bedside table, his name written on the front. Swallowing the sudden lump in his throat, he reached out (a bit awkwardly) to retrieve it, and opened it just as awkwardly... and as he read the words (written in an elegant hand) he felt his heart fall right back to the same place it had been when he'd been trapped in Ondet's camp.

Amata had left again... in her letter she apologized, and assured him she would miss him, even asked him to say farewell to their friends... but, she was gone, again.... and just when...
Sighing, Narmion lay back on the pillow and clenched the letter in his good hand, mentally crying out to the one who he knew held his heart, and begging to know why. Had he frightened her away? Why would she leave them now, when danger was so very close? What if she wound up being taken prisoner like he had? That thought sent a shudder through his body.

A commotion came to his ears from outside then, and he hobbled to the window, though his senses now felt 'dulled'. Leaning out, he thought he saw two horses fighting some distance away... but, he retreated back into the room. It looked like Diablo... with that temperamental stallion, it was no surprise.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2007 06:47
Neth had lay down for a while, making sure that Bellas remained close by her side at all times. Finally , after tossing and turning for quite a while, she sat up and looked at the young smith, her eyes wide and sad.

"Bellas, do you remember that fine sword that you made me when I was promoted to lead my own battalion? Well, they stole it from me, and gave it to the one that they made me a gift to. Bellas, I have no means now of protecting myself, or of helping to protect Imladris." Her voice quavered. "Could...could you possibly make me a new one?"

When Bellas confirmed that he could do exactly that, she smiled and a sparkle came back into her eyes. "Oh, Bellas! Could...could you start now? I mean, I cannot sleep, and I would love to come and watch you. Can I, Bellas?" She pleaded with him, knowing he couldn't possibly refuse.

Soon the pair of them were in the smithy, and she watched as Bellas began preparations to create a new sword for her. Neth seemed excited by the entire process, but in her mind thoughts were whirling. She had to make sure that everything was exactly perfect, make every move carefully and with advance planning. Bellas would be hard to convince, she knew, but she also knew that if she could please Ondet by finding out the plans that Glyndr had, she could please him even more by bringing him another Imladrian elf, either as a defector or as a prisoner. She was hoping to be able to convince Bellas to be the former....

Neth had to be very careful, however. She still had to speak with Captain Glyndr again, to find out if there were any groups outside of Imladris that could be expected to come to their aid. If so, she would have to somehow figure out how many strong they were and report it back to Ondet when she returned with Morgai.

Morgai...he beloved husband. It stung at her heart to have to playact the betrayal she was about to, but she had no choice.

Morgai, I love you, she thought as she steeled herself and walked over to Bellas, who was just finishing his preparations and she placed a trembling hand on his arm. "Bellas...I want...to tell you something. Something you need to know. When they were doing those horrible things to me, it...it was thoughts of you that kept me strong and alive. I wanted nothing more than to get back here to my home, to you, Bellas..." Nethraueth took a step closer to him, and looked up at him, her eyes wide and shining.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2007 10:17
It was a long while later when Glyndr held Lalaith in a final passionate embrace; reluctantly he knew he must leave the warmth of his beautiful wife and the safe haven of their chambers.
“Lalaith my love” he smiled as he stroked her face with a fingertip, and kissed her forehead softly, “I must return to my duties, I cannot forget the war any longer, and there is much still to be done.”

He smiled one last smile as he paused in the doorway, “take great care of yourself and our children. I shall return as soon as I am able” he added, his cold eyes never leaving the warmth of hers.
Glyndr closed the door behind him, leaving the sanctuary of another world, locked behind that door.
The Captain walked slowly down the stairs from their chambers, and out into the courtyard, making his way to the Watchroom and his office.
He knew that Telryn would have finished that paperwork and those requisition forms he loathed to do himself.
The elf stopped half way to the Watchroom, his military mind had already returned to matters of war as he glanced towards the stables…It was not only warriors they lacked but horses. He made a mental note to find more horses of the calibre they needed.

[Edited on 25/5/2007 by elflyn]
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2007 05:18
Satisfied that Eadoin had Rolan safe and sound, Diablo screeched - an unholy melding of the call of the hunter and the defiance of the hunted. The red stallion snorted in fear and sprinted off, Diablo chashing him closely, biting at his heels every so often.

Sure now that the other would leave everything alone, Diablo returned, his black tail held high and each step brought his knees up into his chest. The other horses watched him warily, but he had eyes only for Eadoin and Rolan, and came in close, gently nudging Rolan to ask if he was all right.

***~***~***
"Rolan," he called as he got closer. "Stay where you are. I've almost got you..." He grabbed the boy beneath the arms and pulled him along the grass, out of the way, before helping him to his feet and guiding him well away of the horse.

Rolan froze at the sound of the voice. Eadoin, he identified a moment later, but he still did not relax. He could feel the pounding of hooves too close to him. Hands curled around him, under his arms and dragged him along. He struggled for a brief second, but then let himself hang limply until Eadoin assisted him to his feet. A hand across his shoulders steadied him.

"Are you alright?"

Rolan took a moment to consider the question. Besides feeling slightly battered - a condition that felt increasingly like the norm around here - he was fine. Slowly he nodded his head.

"I'm all right." It came out as a raspy whisper. Rolan cleared his throat and tried again. "I'm all right." Better this time. At least the rasping was gone. Then, "Where's Diablo?"

A soft nose nudging his arm a second later brought an answer to that question. Rolan smiled and reached out a hand into the blank space that spread before him. The black stallion's nose shoved itself under his hand and he laughed weakly.

"Good boy. Good boy, Diablo."

***~***~***
"You - " Morgai growled. He stopped as he saw a shape moving towards him, and his hands fell upon the hilts of his swords. He didn't know who this was, but he didn't like them, whoever they were.

Dirk came coolly to a stop aboard the filly. She seemed aware that this was no ordinary circumstance and did not fret under him as she had often done before. It made Dirk look much more imposing, and he was well aware of the fact. Silently he thanked Daniella and resolved to make sure she had a nice treat when they got back.

"Where do you think you're going?" Dirk asked in a dangerously quiet voice. Responding to the thinly veiled threat in his voice, Daniella stamped her hoof. It seemed like she was demanding to know what Morgai was up to as well. Dirk let a cold smile creep across his face. Appearances were everything in a game like this one.

Morgai hesitated a fraction of a second too long. Dirk dismounted in one swift move and had a sword out, pointing right at the vile man. His expression remained unchanged. "On your life, Morgai," he demanded. "Where are you going?"
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2007 12:34
"Good. I'm glad you're alright," Eadoin said. "Diablo seems to have adopted you. You're very lucky to have him watching out for you. With him around, it's highly unlikely that you'll get seriously hurt." He rubbed the stallion's neck, silently thanking the stallion of being so protective of the lad. Everyone else had much on their mind, and since Rolan kept disappearing, it was easy, unfortunately, to forget about him.

An uneasy silence stretched between the two. Eadoin finally cleared his throat.

"Do you need anything, Rolan?" he asked softly, genuinly concerned, but not wishing to offend the young man in any way.

---

Morgai's heart lept into his throat when Dirk appeared, but he wouldn't let his worry show. Not to this man, his underling. Coward, Morgai thought darkly, glaring up at the other man, using the horse to try to intimidate me. Why not try to do so facing me directly?

Suddenly, there was a sword at his throat. Morgai blinked, unused to being threatened by one who was supposed to report to him.

"Oh, please," he scoffed, laying his hand on the flat of the sword and pushing it away from his neck. "Where I am going is none of your concern." Morgai turned towards his horse again, slowly approaching so as not to startle the beast into flight again. The roan stood passively, it's previous display of dislike for the Gondorian apparently forgotten.

"If you must know, I was on my way back to camp when you spotted me. I realized that Lord Ondet might have been upset with me for returning without his prize." Morgai forced his anger down, unclenching his teeth with slight difficulty. "So, trying to make up for my lack of judgement, I was going to return to keep watch for Nethraueth and then to escort her back to camp so she would not "forget" to return. Lord Ondet would be most upset if that happened."

He mounted again. The roan remained docile. "If you wish to report me, do so. However, Lord Ondet will be most unpleased to find that you have been absent from camp. Without permission." Morgai gathered the reins in his hand. "If Lord Ondet is unpleased with my absense, then I will speak with him directly afterwards to explain myself, and take any discipline he deems necessary."

There. That ought to please them both, he thought, keeping his face impassive. They cannot find out about my Neth... hervess nin, be safe...
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2007 03:19
Dirk wisely covered the panic that arose at Morgai's mention that Dirk himself had been absent from camp without leave. Ondet was many things - understanding and merciful were not among them. Without making it apparent he was doing so, Dirk signaled the chestnut filly to come over to him. She did, stepping gracefully forward with her ears pricked in interest. A short snort once she was in Morgai's vicinity proved she did not approve of the smell of that one.

The man from Rohan slid fluidly back up onto his mount's back, not wanting to relinquish the advantage he had had earlier in their encounter now that Morgai was aboard a horse as well.

At the mere mention of 'discipline' Ondet could dish out if he so chose, Dirk's heart froze. He did his best to hide it and was quite confident he'd succeeded. "Ondet cares nothing for where I go, so long as the horses are well-trained and responsive. Where I go and when I go there is my own affair, and you would do well to remember that while in rank you are my superior, when it comes to the beasts you rely upon, none can pull rank on me."

A sudden spark came into Dirk's voice.

"The army relies on horses. They rely on me to train the horses. Foot soldiers are nothing compared to the calvary, and to be mobile, to send spies, you have need of horses. I have no need of you. Take care with how you address me, Captain," the word was laced with sarcasm, "because that is a six-hundred pound that you are sitting on, if he chooses to be."

Dirk judged that to be enough of a warning and cued Daniella to turn and start gracefully away, moving as swiftly as a deer. It was an invisible command, and made both horse and rider seem that much more attuned to each other. Even if the watcher had been a true horse person, no one Dirk had ever heard of - other than other Rohirrim, of course - ever learned the silent, invisilble communication as well.

***~***~***
Rolan thought for a moment, letting Eadoin's words shift about in his head. Did he need anything? No. Not really. There were things he wished for, of course, but most of them were not things lightly granted, or even possible to grant. His sight, for example, could not be returned by anyone.

"I think...I think I will be fine," Rolan answered slowly. As he spoke the words, he came to realize that they were true. He'd begun the first steps of healing - realizing he was among friends and people who truly cared about him. "I'll be fine."

***~***~***
Ari looked up and down the hallways. She felt like she was lost again. With a disgusted sigh, she plopped down next to an ornate vase she was sure she'd passed a dozen times already and waited for someone to happen upon her by chance. Preferably someone who knew the way out of this mess of corridors.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2007 01:51
Morgai snorted disdainfully as Dirk disappeared again.

"The army relies on horses," Morgai mimicked under his breath. "Hah. Army my eye." A good army does not consist of mercenaries and orcs led by a madman. I'd call that a rabble, he thought. Now, if Ondet weren't so unbalanced, so paranoid, his "army" would be a true force to be reckoned with. The only thing they had going for them now was superior numbers. And since the enemy knew where their camp was, that could be easily remedied.

Morgai turned the roan back towards Imladris and clicked at her to get her moving. The horse responded as he thought it would. Even if they did need a trainer, Dirk was replaceable. All they had to do was find another Rohirrim and... persuade him to join them. Easy enough – easier still if Di’shan were around to assist.

--

“I’ll be fine.”

Eadoin smiled. That was a relief. He patted Diablo on the neck again, and then clapped the lad on the shoulder.

“In the off chance that you need anything – advice or someone to talk to – Aiden should usually be in the stables,” he said. He turned back to where he had left Arianna… and stopped. The elf maiden wasn’t there. He blinked in surprise. When had she left?

Frowning, Eadoin started back in the direction of the Last Homely House in search for his beloved.

--

Several hours had passed since Arato’s meeting with the Captain. During that time, he had gone through the plans of Imladris several times with little success. He gave up after his tenth time through the plans and sat back in his chair and massaged his aching neck.

“I think this is as good as it’s going to get," he muttered, pushing himself away from his desk. "If we weren't so undermanned, we might actually stand a chance." Arato groaned softly. "Why did I ever agree to this?"

Because Glyndr needed a reliable second, he thought in reply. Because I wanted to help, and because he thought I could do a better job than any of the elves. He's got more faith in me than I do in myself.

"Right," Arato said, forcing himself to his feet. His leg, still not quite healed, protested the movement from sitting to standing. "I need to get out of here." He left his room and started down the halls. His mind memorized where his body was going, more out of habit than out of necessity. He needed to unclutter his thoughts, try to think of some plan that might ensure their survival when the eminent battle.

Not really paying attention, Arato walked by a large ornate vase. A few feet past, he stopped and turned around to face the figure by the vase.

"Arianna?"
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2007 03:20
Ari heard her name and looked up. A smile flickered across her face, filled with self-abrading humor. "So someone's finally found me."

She levered herself to her feet.

"It's hard to believe I'm supposed to be in charge of Imladris when I can get lost so easily around her." She fell into step beside Arato. "So what might your personal dilemma of the day be? I've discovered that we all seem to have one, and though it may vary by the hour in intensity, it never seems to quite leave."

Ari laughed. She sounded strained, even to her own ears. A false sense of levity and lightheartedness that rang dully as a countermelody to every pained expression she's seen in the past months. Everything had changed.

And nothing had. They were still fighting the same war that had been going on since the dawning of time. White and black, good and evil, Elf and orc still battled with the other races caught somewhere in the warped middle of the conflict. Humans took both sides in the war. Other creatures stood neutral, but devoured the combatants from both sides. It was one tangled, twisted mess that seemed to have no ending in sight. All they could hope for was one more tomorrow.

"Do you know the way out?" If she was asking Arato for directions, or Manwe for a final solution, Arianna wasn't sure.

***~***~***~***
“In the off chance that you need anything – advice or someone to talk to – Aiden should usually be in the stables."

Rolan nodded. Slowly, the presence that was Eadoin disappeared, and Rolan wrapped his arms around the silken black neck of Diablo.

"We'll pull through," he whispered to the stallion. Diablo snorted. The ex-thief smiled and felt the peculiar burning sensation in his eyes that meant he was crying.

"We'll pull through."

OOc// I've run out of brilliant forward momentum type ideas, so if anyone has any suggestions, don't ask - just impliment. :d
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 08, 2007 08:50
(I hope this gets us in plot bunny motion... I hope its ok! I didn't know what to write for Narmi or Delvan x_X Let me know if I need to edit... and again, sorry it took me so long!)

Bellas remained by Neth’s side. He had no thought of sleeping… he would guard her with his very life, and there was no need to rest now, when he could sit in silence and admire her beautiful face. His mind wandered to the past of their friendship, back when things had been simpler, easier. Yet then he hadn’t fully understood his heart… and even if he had, he wouldn’t have spoken of it to her. She couldn’t seem to sleep… she tossed and turned, and he sighed inwardly for her. How he wished he could ease her sorrow. When she finally sat up and looked at him, the sadness in her eyes touched his heart.

"Bellas, do you remember that fine sword that you made me when I was promoted to lead my own battalion? Well, they stole it from me, and gave it to the one that they made me a gift to. Bellas, I have no means now of protecting myself, or of helping to protect Imladris." Her voice quavered. "Could...could you possibly make me a new one?"

“Oh, Neth,” he said softly, and smiled at her, “Of course! I’ll do it gladly… making a gift for you will be giving a gift to myself as well.”
The smile that came to her lips and the look of joy in her eyes made his heart soar. How lovely she looked when she was smiling!

"Oh, Bellas! Could...could you start now? I mean, I cannot sleep, and I would love to come and watch you. Can I, Bellas?" She pleaded with him, knowing he couldn't possibly refuse.

A little surprised, he yet got to his feet and held out his hand to her.
“If you desire it to be so, my beautiful Neth, then I’ll start now. And I wouldn’t have you anywhere else but with me.”

Together they walked to the Smithy, and Bellas began to prepare for the creation of a new sword. It was late, but he lit his lanterns, and the added light from the fires of the smithy gave him more than enough to see. He began the very first steps of crafting this sword, knowing that he would put his very heart and soul into it for her… for Neth. The elven smith had just finished the preparations when he became aware of Neth standing close, and of her trembling hand on his arm.

"Bellas...I want...to tell you something. Something you need to know. When they were doing those horrible things to me, it...it was thoughts of you that kept me strong and alive. I wanted nothing more than to get back here to my home, to you, Bellas..." Nethraueth took a step closer to him, and looked up at him, her eyes wide and shining.

Swallowing the lump in his throat, Bellas didn’t know what to say… so, with a soft sigh he drew her into his arms against his chest, pillowing her head against his shoulder.
“You’re safe now, my love,” he said, the last words coming without his meaning to, “I’ll protect you with all of my strength, Neth… I promise, no one will ever hurt you again.”

Then, looking down, he gently tipped her chin up. Giving in to himself, he lowered his head until their lips met, and he kissed her lovingly. When it ended he smiled quietly, and embraced her again. For a long moment they stood thus, Bellas feeling as if all was right with the world… but soon a slight blush came to his cheeks, and he touched her face as he stepped back.
“Your sword will be ready by tomorrow night, my heart,” he promised, “But you should be resting… do you want to watch me work a while longer? I will be with you wherever you wish me to be….”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a long while later when Glyndr held Lalaith in a final passionate embrace; reluctantly he knew he must leave the warmth of his beautiful wife and the safe haven of their chambers.
“Lalaith my love” he smiled as he stroked her face with a fingertip, and kissed her forehead softly, “I must return to my duties, I cannot forget the war any longer, and there is much still to be done.”

“I know,” Lalaith sighed, for was this not the ‘way’ of a great leader of warriors… to ever think of war? “I’ll be alright here, Glyndr… I know that you will lead our forces well, and you must concentrate on that. Just know that I’ll always be here waiting for you.”
She kissed him softly, and watched quietly as he went to the door. Pausing, he turned and smiled at her once more.
“Take great care of yourself and our children. I shall return as soon as I am able” he added, his cold eyes never leaving the warmth of hers.
Glyndr closed the door behind him, leaving the sanctuary of another world, locked behind that door.

Lalaith sat in silence alone for a long while, looking at the door as her mind strayed back to the past, when she and her beloved husband had first met. It had been war that brought them together. Would it also be war that tore them apart?
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2007 11:49
(BUMP!)

"My dilema of the day happens to be causing me a headache and neck pain," Arato replied, rubbing the back of his neck. "Glyndr needs me to find a way to defend Imladris. We need the forge and the stables, and we need the kitchens and the healing wing. I won't bore you with the details, but to say the least, we don't have enough fighters to do so."

Walking slowly, Arato began towards the courtyard. He had no idea of what he was going to do, but he figured that if he was to be coming up with a defense, it was probably a good idea for him to actually look at the structures he was to be defending.

"Besides getting lost, hiril nin, what seems to be your dilema of the day?" He gently placed a hand on her shoulder, trying to lend her some strength. She probably needed some support, being the one who was trying to lead Imladris while everything seemed to fall apart around them.

They made the courtyard at that moment, and Arato gazed around him, taking in the area. Suddenly, a thought struck him. Leaving Arianna's side, he hurried across the courtyard towards the gate as fast as he could, and headed down to the river bank, ignoring the warnings of the sentries posted at the gate. Slowly, he walked across the stone bride and peered over the sides at the structure. Then he returned to Imladris' bank and walked down the river a little ways, looking at the cliffs. A silly grin spread across his face. He returned to Arianna.

"I have an idea. Arianna, if you see Glydr at all later, please tell him that Aiden and I are scouting, and tell him that I think I have an idea for Imladris' defense. I'll fill everyone in when I get back later," Arato said, pausing before he hurried back to his room to get the rest of his weapons and something to draw with. He all but ran to the stables and hurried down the aisle in search of his brother.

"Aiden!" he called. The younger man stepped out of a stall and watched his brother as he practially ran down the length of the stables. He stopped at Carloth's door and rubbed the red's nose gently. "Get your horse and your weapons ready. You're coming with me."

"Where are we going, Arato?" Aiden asked, doing as he was told.

"We're going to look at the lay of the land. I have some ideas." When Arato turned back to face his brother, Aiden read the determined gleam in Arato's eyes, and was hopeful.

----------

Morgai had just arrived at a nice vantage point overlooking Imladris when he saw two figures on horseback leave through the gate, going slowly across the bridge. One appeared to be looking at the bridge as he crossed, while the other scanned for any activity. Morgai frowned and picked a path parallel to them, trying to figure out who those figures were.

Finally, he found his way to the path and started to guide his horse down it, trying to stay to the cover so he wouldn't be spotted by thsoe below or those guarding Imladris. At the bottom of the slope, he pulled into the trees to wait.

Arato and Aiden came into view a moment later. Morgai sneered and drew his sword, coming out onto the path before them. Arato and Aiden stopped, and Morgai could see Arato go white.

"It's been a long time, little brother," he said softly. "A very long time."

"Not long enough," Arato spat back. Aiden readied his spear for a toss, but Arato held up a hand. "Go back to your camp, Morgai. You have no business here."

"Why don't you go and cower behind your walls, little brother? You have no business being out here either." Morgai pointed his sword at Arato and Aiden. "Be warned, we will meet again." With that, Morgai turned his horse and galloped back up the path and into the denser cover up there, circling back to his vantage point.

Aiden lowered his spear and looked at Arato. "Who was that?" he asked.

"My brother," Arato replied. He shut his mouth after that and sheathed his sword, continuing slowly up the path and taking in the surrounding area as he did so.

((I'll post my ideas to the OOC thread later, as soon as I've hashed them out myself. These will hopefully be up by the end of the week.))
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2007 07:37
Swallowing the lump in his throat, Bellas didn’t know what to say… so, with a soft sigh he drew her into his arms against his chest, pillowing her head against his shoulder.
“You’re safe now, my love,” he said, the last words coming without his meaning to, “I’ll protect you with all of my strength, Neth… I promise, no one will ever hurt you again.”

Then, looking down, he gently tipped her chin up. Giving in to himself, he lowered his head until their lips met, and he kissed her lovingly. When it ended he smiled quietly, and embraced her again. For a long moment they stood thus, Bellas feeling as if all was right with the world… but soon a slight blush came to his cheeks, and he touched her face as he stepped back.
“Your sword will be ready by tomorrow night, my heart,” he promised, “But you should be resting… do you want to watch me work a while longer? I will be with you wherever you wish me to be….”

"I like to watch you work, Bellas. It has been a while, a long whie, since I have had the opportunity to do so." She smiled at him and pressed her hand to his face. "If it is alright, I shall sit here and watch you for a while." She drew a stool over and perched on it, watching him from a sight distance as he worked.

A survivor of the attack on the village that left the Elvish battalion slaughtered stumbled as he made his way toward Imladris. He had to reach the elves there, to tell them the truth of what had happened, why the battalion died, why there were no survivors...save one...

He made his way to the gates of Imladris, and came upon two guards stationed outside the gates. "I need to speak to whoever is in charge. Something tragic and evil has happened..." He explained where he was from and that he needed to speak to someone immediately, and one of the guards ran to find Captain Glyndr.

[Edited on 20/7/2007 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2007 09:49
Glyndr stood outside the stables, a look of concern on his face. There was fewer than half the number of horses needed, and of those at least twenty were not fully sound.
The Captain sighed and rubbed his forehead, he had one option, to demand possession of every horse in the area, farm horses, ponies, riding horses, any horse.

“What?” Glyndr snapped round to face the guard, “A survivor?” thank the Valar” the Captain took off at a run, eager to learn of the attack.
“Bring him to my office, and send for a healer” he ordered as he reached the gate, “I must speak privately with him”.

Glyndr waited until the survivor was settled in one of the chairs, then turned to Telryn who was busy at his desk as always, “Soldier ..Out!” he snapped an order as he held open the door.

“Yes Captain” Telryn leapt to his feet, and scrabbled his paperwork up into his arms and made for the door at a run, jumping as he heard the door slam closed just behind him.
He made his way across the courtyard, juggling with the parchments as the wind tried to snatch them out of his grasp, and then finally settled himself out of the wind in the gardens.

“I am Captain Glyndr” the elf turned to face the survivor, “I am the commander of what is left of our army here” he paused and looked closely at him, “You wished to speak with me on an important matter?”

Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2007 02:33
Ari followed Arato out of the maze of the Halls of Healing - she thought that's where she'd gotten lost, at least - and out to a well-worn corridor that led directly to the courtyard. As she fell in step beside him, it dawned on her that she had a few more responsibilities to attend to that may be of use later on...

"Besides getting lost, hiril nin, what seems to be your dilema of the day?" He gently placed a hand on her shoulder, trying to lend her some strength. She probably needed some support, being the one who was trying to lead Imladris while everything seemed to fall apart around them.

The Elleth grimaced. Dare she? Simply put, no. She didn't want to let the fear and grief swirling around inside her go free. The saying went that pain shared was pain halved, but for some reason, she felt that if she let this freee, it would double and already so many had sorrows of their own. Why burden them with one more?

Instead, she produced a small smile to offer up as a gift to Arato. "Nothing more serious than past times," she said sweetly, leaving him to puzzle through that particular cryptic remark. She was reminded of a thought she'd heard from one of her relatives then.

Do not go to the Elves for counsel for they will say both yes and no and all courses may run ill.

Both yes and no. Wasn't that what they were all doing? Accepting defeat seemed so far off in the immediate present, but when one dared to look too far into the future, there seemed to be no possibility other than the ultimate end. Both yes and no. Yes we will survive. No we will not.

In the midst of her musings, Arato sprang away from her side, past the sentries and then returned a short time later, much to her amusement, wearing a silly grin sprawled out across his face. He said something to her about finding Glyndr and a strategy to help Imladris. She nodded, but the processes of her mind seemed to have shut down.

Then he disappeared again, running off back towards the Last Homely House. Ari turned to watch him go. One of the sentries called something out to her, but when she turned to ask who it had been, none of them were looking at her, and their stony faces gave no idea of who had been the speaker.

Ari milled around for a while longer, trying to collect herself. She wondered yet again how an Elf like herself had become the head of a structure as militant as Imladris was so quickly becoming. She had never in her wildest dreams imagined something like this. This! From the sweet, inviting, perfectly protected place Elrond had created. It was as if his last protections had vanished along with him, and the fury that had been battering itself to pieces at the shield of Imladris was now free to enter.

Glyndr. Arato had sent her to tell something to Glyndr... Ari began walking, taking the senic route to the area that she knew was outside Glyndr's office.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2007 01:59
The young man swallowed hard in the face of the Elvish Captain, who seemed angered by his presence there. "Lord Captain, my brother and I were hiding in a cave not far from the village when the orcs overran the village. The battalion that was sent to help made short work of them, but as we watched, an Elvish soldier rode up behind another and stabbed him in the back. The soldier then raced off toward another soldier and they fought, with the killer of the first coming out victorious even though the other one dropped his weapons in submission. Then the one rode off and left the battle, returning later and..." he turned pale..."going from tent to tent. Eventually, the killer rode off again, and when all things were quiet, we went down and found the battalion slain...but the one rode off, Captain. There were a few that barely survived, but unfortunately, none of them could tell me anything about the one that attacked them. One of them said that the commander, an elleth named Nethraueth, needed to be found, that perhaps she could be saved, but we found no elleth's body anywhere."

Nethraueth, tired of waiting for a chance to get revenge on Imladris looked at Bellas and said softly, "Would you excuse me, please? I need to go tend to my horse and make sure all is well. I will return shortly." With that she slipped out of the smithy and moved quickly to the stables.

The elleth took the stablehands by surprise, and soon had buried them beneath mounds of hay. She then opened all the stall doors and forced the horses back into one end of the stable, against the backdoors. She closed the front doors of the stable and headed back to the smithy, where neth asked Bellas to go fetch her cloak from her room. She said she had had an uneasy feeling as she walked past her window on her way to the stable, and she was afraid to go up there alone.

Once the smith was gone, sent off with a kiss and a claim of adoration, Neth immediately set to work shovelling coals from the furnace to the areas around the smithy, up against the inside walls, throwingm them in places where they would catch easily. Then she took a bucket filled with burning embers and snuck around to the shrubs and trees, spreading the hot burning coals out and causing them to catch fire, then running back to the smithy to fetch more.

Creeping as she did, sticking to the shadows, Neth was able to set fire to several outbuildings, as well as the trees and shrubs nearest the home of Elrond. She was headed back toward the stable with another bucket of embers when she crashed into Bellas, wh had seen the smoke and hurried out to find out what was happening.

"Nethraueth! What are you doing?" He moved to take the bucket from her and she threw it behind her, spilling its contents all over the floor of the smithy.

Neth smiled at his confused look. "Come with me, Bellas. You must come with me. Together we will return to Lord Ondet and he will give you great rewards, more rewards than you could hope to attain here in Imladris!"

"Neth...what are you saying?" He moved to stop the fire in the smithy, and she barred his path. "No, Bellas, you must come with me! I did not kill and set fire to this place to be stopped now. Please, Bellas, come with me!"

He pushed her aside to try to put out the flames, and Neth said, softly, "Then you are against me, Bellas?" With that, before he could turn and answer her, She struck him with the hilt of the new sword he was making for her, and then she ran, as shouts began popping up all around.

Neth ran to the stables, threw open the doors, and then ran around back to expose the horses to the heat and flames that had begun licking the stable. The horses panicked, and as Neth swung up on Sylstar, they galloped out of the stable.

She whistled for her horse, and he obediently folowed her, along with several other horses she managed to steer in the direction of the gates. She rode through on Sylstar, her own hrse bringing up the rear, and she laughed and cried out with joy as she slashed at the guards at the gates.

"Tell Captain Glyndr his horse will make a fine wedding present for my husband Morgai!" she cried, insane laughter bubbling out of her as she rode swiftly into the distance.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 16, 2007 04:00
(let me know if i need to edit anything)

I like to watch you work, Bellas. It has been a while, a long whie, since I have had the opportunity to do so." She smiled at him and pressed her hand to his face. "If it is alright, I shall sit here and watch you for a while." She drew a stool over and perched on it, watching him from a sight distance as he worked.

Her words made Bellas’ heart soar, and her gentle touch filled him with warmth. How he adored her, he sighed to himself.
“I would love for you to stay with me,” he said, and turned back to his work- though he really wished just to take her into his arms. Still, the smithwork needed to be finished as soon as possible… if it wasn’t, Glyndr would be fit to be tied, and Bellas would find himself in trouble.
After a while Neth excused herself and went to tend to her horse. The smith watched her go with a fond smile, and his thoughts were on her as he continued to work with the metals of his trade. Finally he produced the finished sword- or, nearly finished. He wanted to add some special decorations to it… it was a special blade for a special lady, and he wanted her to know how much he cared for her.

When she came back she asked him to fetch her cloak, and he frowned at her admission that she was afraid to go there herself. He hated that she was still so disturbed, and he wished he could punish those who had frightened her so deeply himself.
“Of course,” he said, “Anything for you, Neth. Just wait here”

With her kiss and words of love on his mind he went to her room to fetch the cloak… but as he was coming out he saw smoke in the sky, rising from above the smithy. His heart leapt into his throat with worry for Neth as well as for his haven, and he hurried back as quickly as he could. He found her spilling buckets of burning embers about. The elf couldn’t comprehend why she would be doing such a thing.

"Nethraueth! What are you doing?" He moved to take the bucket from her and she threw it behind her, spilling its contents all over the floor of the smithy. His heart fell and he met her gaze. He couldn’t understand.

Neth smiled at his confused look. "Come with me, Bellas. You must come with me. Together we will return to Lord Ondet and he will give you great rewards, more rewards than you could hope to attain here in Imladris!"

“Neth, what are you saying?” he cried, and attempted to move around her to put out the fire in his smithy, but she stepped in his way. He looked down at her, wondering desperately why she was acting this way.

"No, Bellas, you must come with me! I did not kill and set fire to this place to be stopped now. Please, Bellas, come with me!"

“Kill?” he asked, writhing inwardly, but, “I can’t,” he said, and pushed her aside again, trying to get into the smithy to save his work before the flames could spread. He didn’t want to believe that she was capable of such an evil thing, not his dear sweet Nethraueth… he wanted to tell her to run and leave Imladris, because he couldn’t have borne to report her to Glyndr either. He was stomping out flames on the ground and trying to keep in his tears when he heard her say, “Then you are against me, Bellas?”

Bellas wanted to tell her that he could never be against her, but that he couldn’t choose loyalties in this way- but before he could turn to even catch a last glimpse of her face he was stricken, and the force of the blow sent him into darkness.

The heat of the flames woke him not long after, and groggily he dragged himself to his feet and staggered out of the burning smithy, aware that he had already taken some burns to his skin- but he didn’t care. In his present mood he cared about nothing, except that the elleth who he loved had betrayed Imladris and its people, had betrayed *him*. He staggered a distance from the forge and collapsed to sit on the ground, watching his place of work burning as though he were in a waking dream. Someone came and asked him what had happened, but he didn’t answer…. Even now, he couldn’t bring himself to tell what Neth had done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lalaith was quietly reading when she became aware of the screams of horses and the smell of burning- and leaning out of the window her eyes widened to behold the flames now spreading some distance away from her house. Sucking in a gasp she picked up her skirts and ran out, hurrying for her husband’s office. Were they under attack? Or had it been an accidental fire? She didn’t know, but she was frightened. Doubtless Glyndr would already know of this, but if he didn’t then he needed to be told…
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email