Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
Post RE: The Harpist of Dol Amroth (post in OOC or pm me to join, all welcome)
on: July 11, 2006 05:58
Narluin looked at Jada, concerned. "All right, Jada, but if you want to confide in me, I will listen. And by Manwe and Elbereth, I will tell no one. But it is your call, mellon, if you want to tell anyone." Narluin eyes were serious. "Have you ever told Theodred your thoughts in a heart-to-heart talk with him and not in a passing moment?"
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2006 06:45
[i]["Have you ever told Theodred your thoughts in a heart-to-heart talk with him and not in a passing moment?"/i]

"I've never said anything about it to him,although it would probably be good if I did."Jada paused a moment.
"The thing is,I love him.And i'm afraid that if I tell him,that it would come out wrong,and that he would hate me for it.What do you think I should do?"Jada asked,her eyes were full of sorrow.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 12, 2006 05:03
Narluin considered Jada. "I can understand your feelings, but I don't think he would hate you for it. Just tell him your heart, and there is a good chance that he has felt the same way about you. If you'd like, I can try to talk to him and see what his thoughts are. If you tell him your heart, it can't come wrong; perhaps not as you intended, but not wrong. Do you want me to talk to him?"
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2006 05:44
Jada thought about it for a moment.
"Yeah,it would be very helpful if you did.Thank you."

"Have you ever been through this kind of situation?"Jada asked curiously.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 18, 2006 03:32
Narluin shook her head. "No, I have never felt the love of another, Jada," she said, almost wistfully. "At least, not outside my family." Her face cleared of the shadow that had passed over it. "But, now. When should I speak to Theodred? Shall I do it tonight when we are all settled?"
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2006 12:06
"Oh"Jada said shocked when she had heard that she had never loved another.

"Yes that would be wonderful if you would talk to him tonight!"Jada said happily.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 19, 2006 05:25
Narluin smiled at Jada. "Then I shall do so tonight!"

Night fell peacefully as the company settled down to rest. Narluin met Thedred's eye over the campfire and beckoned him over to an elm tree that sat near the edge of camp. He came over to her and asked, "What is this about, Lady Narluin?"

"Nothing that concerns me, only a friend of mine," Narluin replied evenly.

"And?" the prince asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Your Highness, the one I am speaking for one who has a semblance of feelings for you. She is one who feels that you don't treat as an equal, but rather as a subject."

"Are you speaking of Jada?"

Narluin bowed her head. "I speak of her, my lord."

""How do you mean 'feel?'"

"I mean that what she feels for you could be called love. When you persued her, she fled, not wanting to be treated so. She doesn't want to admit her feelings to you, but I know that she would like to know your thoughts on this."

(Jada...his answer to this is your call. I don't know how you wanted this to go.)
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2006 08:06
"Love?"Theodred asked."You mean to tell me that the girl i've treated like a little sister all my life loves me?"He said shocked.
"And she thinks that I treat her like a subject,instead of an equal."
Theodred didn't know what to say after that.
"I...I don't know what I feel for her.I've never thought of it that way."Theodred said staring at the fire."I should talk to her.If you would excuse me Lady Narluin."He said as he walked over to Jada.

Jada saw him come over
"Good evening My Lord."Jada said getting up and bowing.
"Jada,you know you don't have to do that."
"Sorry.May I ask what you came over here for."She asked him
"Well I wanted to say that i'm sorry that i've been treating you like a subject,you should have told me.I would have stopped."
"I didn't think of it."She said staring at the ground
"And also Narluin said that you had "feelings" for me.When did this start?"He asked.
"Not to long ago."
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Are you having fun asking me "Why didn't you tell me?"Or stuff around those lines?"Jada said laughing.
"Maybe.What if I am?"He asked.
"Well if you were,then I would just have to..."Jada said then she bent over and kissed Theodred quickly.
Theodred sat there shocked after they had broke the kiss.
"Well goodnight"Jada said as she walked over to her horse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(i hope this is alright)
A FEW DAYS LATER

"We're almost to Dol Amroth.I can just make out the borders."Jada said to no one in particular.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2006 04:25
Gallen had fallen silent throughout the journey. The elf kept a close lookout about them...never taking his guard down...getting little sleep as it was.
"We're almost to Dol Amroth.I can just make out the borders."Jada said to no one in particular. Gallen breathed the sea-air deeply, he had missed his home he realised.
"Yes, I can see them...beautiful as ever..." This was the first time he had talked for several days. He paused and looked at Jada, "Well, let us quicken the pace then, come on!" He grinned broadly and nudged Night's Fire into a gallop, eager to be home.
Larsil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2006 12:47
Âri was growing increasingly anxious and frustrated, she did not know how long she had been in there but it felt like forever and she was beginning to loose hope. She was still being fed, though barely. Her eyes desperately craved sunlight and her ears the words of another. Her mind grew dark left to its own devices with no books, music or conversation to lighten it.

"Curse them! Curse them all! Locking people up like animals and forgetting about them. Ooh how I hate Mr Hucklbee and Mrs Haldinan and all the other stupid townsfolk who will not allow a bit of fun!"

"I wouldn't say that too loud, some may find it incriminating," came a voice from outside. "Your trial will be in the next few days, just think on that."

Âri did not reply she just glared angrily at the door where she imagined that this man was standing looking annoyingly smug. She sat quietly now and did think of the trial that was to come and what she was going to say.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2006 05:14
"Yes let us pick up the pace I am eager to see Ari."Jada said following him.

Soon they were close to the gate.She could smell the salt in the air.She had never seen the sea.

"We need a plan.How do we get her out?We should figure that out later..but first lets see if the guards will let us see her?"Jada said asking more than telling.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 03:31
Silithlach let himself fall into pace alongside Jada. "Perhaps I could find out a bit, I am known in Dol Amroth having lived here for a portion of my life. Maybe I could be of some use to you there." He hoped he would be, he felt quite useless at the moment.
"And who exactly is Ari?"
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 06:03
Jada smiled"That would help alot!Would you happen to know any of the guards,or anyone who would help us get her out of there?"

"And who exactly is Ari?"

Jada took a moment to think about how to answer.
"Well when I was little I met her,Her parents had just disowned her and wanted nothing to do with her.People claim that she's a witch.But I know better than that,that is why i'm coming to her aid.People have accused her before but there is no proof that she did it.I hope that answered your questions"
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 10:23
(Sorry I haven't posted...forgot the name of the thread... :banghead

Narluin had kept the others' pace on Arden, the elven horse easily matching strides with the other horses. She had snuck up on Jada's other side. "Disowned? What was she accused of?"

Dol Amroth... Narluin hadn't seen the place for nigh a score of years. Her crystal eyes narrowed as she saw the place that had enraptured her so long ago. Her friendship with the Princes of Dol Amroth had never wavered, and she wondered if Imrahil, the current Prince, would be as eager to see her as she was to see him.

Narluin snapped out of her reverie and glanced at Jada. "Might I ask what transpired between you and Theodred last night, meaning not to butt in, but I must say I am curious." Her voice was hardly above a whisper so only Jada could hear her.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 12:50
"She never told me why she was disowned."Jada told Narluin.

"Might I ask what transpired between you and Theodred last night, meaning not to butt in, but I must say I am curious."

"Well,I kissed him,then I left."Jada whispered.Then she winked."Nothing real big."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 04:21
"Well,I kissed him,then I left."Jada whispered.Then she winked."Nothing real big." Silithlach tried not to overhear this but he couldn't help himself. A curse on elven ears!
He coughed, polightly inturrupting the banter, and hoping to avoid hearing anymore of that talk.
They were at the gates of Dol Amroth, finally, he didn't know these guards on duty, except the one older man there.
"Silithlach! Is that really you? Valar it has been a while." He clasped hands with the pale elf.
"It is good to see you, Maertlas, old friend, but unfortunetly our reunion shall have to wait a bit, we need somewhere to stay..."
"Got yourself into trouble again?" The old soldier said with a mirth-filled glint in his eyes.
"Not this time, no we are merely looking for some...information, but it is best not talked over here. Not that it is bad or anything, just some people don't like the mention of certain things is all." Silithlach had a permanent fake smile plastered on his fair features. Not that many humans could tell.
"Well...all right Silithlach, since it seems that important...the Sea-Horse Tavern by the docks is a good place to stay. Head there and mention my name. You should have no trouble."
"Again, thank you old friend." Silithlach said, and turned Night's Fire down the lane, he knew where to go.
"Let us get settled in for now, and then we shall decide on our course of action." He said, turning to his companions. "I don't know how many guards I will know or not, alot seem to be quite fresh off the docks."
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2006 02:57
He coughed, polightly inturrupting the banter, and hoping to avoid hearing anymore of that talk.

Jada blushed,she just relized that he had over heard them.

They were at the gates and Silithlach was talking to an older guard,he was telling them where they could stay.

"Let us get settled in for now, and then we shall decide on our course of action." He said, turning to his companions. "I don't know how many guards I will know or not, alot seem to be quite fresh off the docks."

"Yes,that sounds good."Jada said"What do you mean by"alot seem to be quite fresh off the docks.?"

minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2006 03:53
"Hmm? Oh! It is an old saying here in Dol Amroth. 'Fresh off the docks' means that someone is new to something. Like most of the guards here, they are relitively new." He said this, riding through the crowds towards the docks.
They arrived at the Sea-Horse Tavern in relatively short time. The sea air was strong this close to the docks, he found that he had missed it greatly. He dismounted the Rohan steed he rode, telling the horse to stand.
He went in and ordered rooms for them all, and stables for the horses. Remarkably getting half-price after mentioning the old guard.
"Well, it is up to you now what we do." he said to Jada.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2006 10:40
"I need some time to think of what to do"Jada said as she went to the stables to see her horse.

Jada stood there brushing her horse for over an hour.Then she walked out to find Silithlach and Narluin.She spotted Silithlach.

"Do you think it would be possible for me to see Ari,or would the guards not allow it?"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2006 03:08
"Do you think it would be possible for me to see Ari,or would the guards not allow it?"
Silithlach contemplated this momentarily, "Well...I am not entirely certain, but I'm sure with a little pretty words the guards could be persuaded to let us in to see Ari. I would have to go with you, simply for the fact that one guard might know me and require it. Let us see what we can arrange. If anything we should leave now, better to let people know that we are not theives in the night, not assassins, or anything of similar ilk." Silithlach said.
"She would be held in the western cell." He murrmered. "Follow me then." And he led the way down the road.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 06:03
Jada followed Silithlach.
"I will let you talk to the guards then.Unless for some reason I need to talk.Would I need to talk?"

Jada stayed silent after that.She was thinking about what to say to Ari,She haden't seen her in years.Jada was suprised that Ari still remembered her.

Finally Jada spoke again.
"Whats the difference in what cell's they hold her in?"
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 10:48
Narluin had seen Sillithlach and Jada leave, and she decided to get some fresh air of her own. As she stepped outside, her senses were assaulted by the smell of the sea, tangy yet at the same time enthralling. Her eyes scanned the grey Bay of Belfalas and saw the wide variety of ships that were docked in the harbor. Here was where she loved to be besides the woodlands. The sea tugged at her heart; her mother had left for Valinor, and Narluin longed to be near her again. However, her home was in Middle-Earth, and no amount of persuasion could convince her otherwise.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 11:42
"Whats the difference in what cell's they hold her in?"
"It is not so much the difference in cell, merely where. The worst area is to the east, where the murderers and such go, to the north is for the theives, to the west is for blasphemous and similar such...where your friend Ari is probably held, and the south holds the least troublesome people." He walked down the street, admiring the market square.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 06:11
"Oh"Jada said.
The town she came from only had one jail for everyone,not three for different people.

They had arrived at the west cell and were greeted by guards.

"What business do you have here?"He asked them gruffly.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 10:37
"What business do you have here?"
Slilithlach straitened himself, "We are here to see a prisoner you hold, named Ari. We have the good word of the guard, Maertlas, and as a citizen of Dol Amroth, I would like to exercise my right to speak with the prisoner." Silithlach said this calmly, never blinking.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 18, 2006 10:22
Having savored the smell of the sea long enough, Narluin went into an inn nearby, hooded so no one would notice her. Seating herself by a window that overlooked the harbor, she listened in a conversation between two guards.

"They say that the prisoner is to be tried soon," one of the guards said, tucking into his meal with good will.

"Aye, that is what I heard also," a second burly guard said gruffly, his dark eyes glinting at the thought. "Having to guard her more than anyone else, I will be happy when the little wretch goes."

"Do you think she really did anything?" A third guard asked, his voice, in relation to the others, kind.

"I dunno," the first guard replied, greedily sucking wine from a large tankard. "As far as I'm concerned, what they do to her is none of my business."

"But if she is innocent?" the kind guard persisted.

"There is nothing we can do about it," the burly guard said. "What will happen will happen."

With a groaning of chairs, the guards left noisily. Narluin followed them back to the castle where she found Jada and Silithlach talking with the guards. Putting a hand on Jada's shoulder, she said softly, "I need to talk to you." And Narluin relayed the conversation she had overheard.

minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 12:17
The guard looked at Silithlach suspiciously considering the pale skinned elf for a moment.
"If you have the good word of Maertlas, I suppose I could let you speak with the prisoner for a a few minuites." The guard said heasitantly.
Silithlach nodded, and the guard unlocked the door, following them into the room and sutting the door behind him.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2006 07:11
Narluin told jada all about what the guards said.
"We need to get her out,and soon"Jada thought.

The guard finally agreed to let them speek yo Ari.Jada ran to the cell they were holding her in.

"Ari?"
Larsil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 01:01
"Jadawen! Oh I'm so glad to see you!" she said throwing her arms around her.

"I know its been a while, too long really. Got myself into a bit of bother as you can see."

Âri then saw the others past Jadawens shoulder and let go of her friend, they were a curious looking bunch and she wondered what they planned to do. It was quite a feat that they had managed already, to all get in here.

minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 03:09
"You are the one called Ari." Silithlach stated, rather then asked, after letting the two meet and greet one another. It was clear that they were good friends.
"I am Silithlach and it is a pleasure to meet you, but I must inturrupt this little get together on the account that you will be held on trial this afternoon and we must get you out before then." He looked at her steadily with his blue eyes.
Larsil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 03:22
"That sounds like a good idea Silithlach. But just how do you plan to sneak me out past all the guards hmm?," she asked raising her eyebrows.

"They will already have their eyes on you you know."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 04:29
Silithlach smiled evilly, "You just leave that all to me....I don't know why I am doing this, but it will get you out soon enough. What I need you to do, Ari, is conceal yourself to the best of your ability. And Jada, you must lie on the ground there as if you had been knocked out by a blow. The guard I will handle. Wait for my signal." Silithlach said. Letting the others get ready.
The pale-skinned elf walked out the door, leaving it slightly ajar. The guard looked at him suspiciously.
"Hey, could you close the door." The guard said.
Silithlach looked surprised, "Oh, how silly of me..." He started to say, then rammed his fist into the guard's gut, and another into his temple, knocking him unconciouss.
Silithlach called out, leaning against the wall, cradling an arm, and twisting his ankle so it appeared to be broken (which it was not) "Guards! Help the prisoner escaped!" he shouted.
All of the guards in the corridor came running to where Silithlach was.
"How did she escape?" One of the guards asked.
"I don't know...but she went that way." He pointed in the direction that he knew lead directly out of the building.
The guards immediately ran in that direction, spreading the alarme.
Silithlach rose to his feet, and opened the door.
"Quickly now, while there is still confusion among the guards." He said, and lead them out into a small corridor, well hidden from site. Leading them out into Dol Amroth. He handed Ari his cloak.
"Put this on, it should disguise you well enough."
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 08:33
They had gotten out easily enough.
Now they just had to grab their stuff and get out of here as soon as possible.Which wouln't be easy,there were guards everywhere now.
Jada looked down as a group of guards ran past her.

"Lets get our stuff and leave."Jada said to the group as she quickened her pace.She didn't want to think of what would happen if they got caught.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 06:48
"Indeed," Narluin said, as she followed the trio out of the castle. "Where are our mounts? If we can get out of here soon enough, then we can gain a safe distance from Dol Amroth." As an afterthought, she added, "And we could become outlaws as well."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email