Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Trignifty
Ruler and Court Jester of Planet Awesome
Send Message
Post Welcome to the Newbie Forum!
on: December 18, 2002 07:05
Welcome one, Welcome all to the Newbie Forum! All of us here at CoE strive to make this site a comfortable community for all of our members, hence this forum. In here you can ask questions about the site and getting around and by all means, introduce yourself. However before you begin there are a few things that I would like to stress, which are:

1) The Forum posting rules are clear cut and easily accessible. They very much apply to this forum and Ring and I STRONGLY encourage you to read them over carefully. If there are any questions about it, ask a moderator...we're nice, we promise, just go ahead and ask. however try to stay on topic...if there's something you'd like to say that you feel is better suited to another forum, (i.e. starting a thread that says 'I am a huge Legolas fan, who else is?'...which would belong in the casting forum), then please put it there. If we see threads that are off topic, they are subject to being moved.

2) There is no such thing as a stupid question. We ask that you keep this in mind. If you're confused about something, ASK. It's quite possible and even likely that someone else is confused about it as well. We ask that you keep this in mind if you respond to someone else's question. anything stating 'This question is dumb' or anything like that WILL be deleted ASAP.

3) Have fun. This forum is designed to get all the newer members acclimated to the Council of Elrond and to let you have a place to express yourself. This should be a fun experience.

Have fun, happy posting, and welcome again to CoE!

Ringhilwen & Trignifty & gondolinian

[Edited on 19/2/2007 by BerethEdhellen]

[Edited on 31/3/2007 by gondolinian]
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
Post RE: Welcome to the Newbie Forum!
on: December 18, 2002 07:30
I just want to second what Trig said above...CoE, to many members, has become a community, and we just want to help that along. Sometimes new members can get a bit lost with everything going on here, but fear no more! The Newbie Forum is here for you!

I have just a couple things to add to Trig's comments....

~There is definitely no such thing as a stupid question! We were all new to the site at some point, and may have asked the same things. If there's something you want to know, don't be afraid to ask!

~Trig and I ask that you only post a response to a question if you have an answer, a suggestion, or if you have the same question. Posts that state anything like, "I don't have that problem," or "I don't know, ask someone," will be removed. (This goes for new and old members)

~Ask about anything having to do with CoE, whether it be advice on Role-playing, questions about the site, member functions, the point system, submitting things, helping CoE, log-in troubles, the chat room, etc.

~Meet people and have fun! This is definitely a great place to meet other new members and help you on your way to finding your very own CoE community!

Welcome again to CoE!:heart:

[Edited on 19/12/2002 by Ringhilwen]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Post RE: Welcome to the Newbie Forum!
on: March 31, 2007 06:21
Well, not much for me to add to that I can only confirm all my predecessors have said .
Never hesitate to ask any question, we're all here to help. Our main goal is to make you feel at home as soon as possible. It's a great site, with a big community behind it, both regular members as just people who stroll in from time to time. But it's all about having fun, sharing our love for Tolkien and LOTR, to meet new people and make great friends...

So enjoy and see you all around

Errandir of Gondolin,
aka gondolinian,
Newbies-Moderator.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email