Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Path of a young Shield Maiden.(please PM me your ideas before you write!its open to everyone.)
on: August 14, 2006 10:39
Faramir stood. "This elf you rode with killed a man. I will not kill him, but he has done wrong." Faramir explained. "Then why do you ask me questions? I have not done anything wrong. I've come to bring my brother home." Geongan said. "I will not go with you Geongan. This is my home." Hyldo said. Suddenly they heard a loud noise, it sounded like a trumpet. "Mumakil! The Haradrim!" Faramir shouted to his rangers. They all silently slipped away like shadows. Geonag stared after them then decided to go along. "Are you coming?" Geongan asked the others.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Path of a young Shield Maiden.(please PM me your ideas before you write!its open to everyone.)
on: August 14, 2006 04:45
((so...where are we? henneth annun, or outside in ithilien, or...))

Eldaeron lept up at the mention of the beasts--he'd seen them before, and wanted nothing to do with it. And when everyone jumped up to fight, or escape, the elf saw his chance to slip away.

However, after rethinking it, he came to the decision that it wasn't a good idea. After all, if the lord Faramir, son of the Steward, still held him in custody, he wouldn't find shelter in Minas Tirith, and wouldn't gain any points by running off.

He ran after the others, retrieving his weapons and following the captain.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 04:22
ooc: they were in Henneth. I think we are starting to run out of ideas so I've made a ooc so we can discuss ideas. hope that helps.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 12:32
Ides glanced at Riht and Clian, who looked ready for anything. She looked at Eldaeron, who looked as if he was going to slip away. She gave him a look, but he didn't notice. She made up her mind to grab him if he started running. But then he grabbed his bow and arrow, and ventured outside. Ides motioned to Riht and Clian to follow him.
"Geongan, are you coming? This will be your first battle as an Eorlingas, if you so choose to participate in it."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2006 05:50
"Geongan, are you coming? This will be your first battle as an Eorlingas, if you so choose to participate in it." Ides said. Geongan nodded and stood up straight, she felt important being a part of the Eorlingas. She unsheathed her sword and walked out. All around her she could hear the rangers calling to each other.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2006 07:54
Clian grabed her bow and ran out of the cave.When she got outside,there were more of them then she had edxspected.
She had one run at her so she shot it down.Then looked back to see Ides,Riht and Geongan a group of them off so she went over to help them.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 04:03
A group of Haradrim rushed toward Ides, Riht, and Geongan. They were quick, and Ides didn't have time to count how many there were. She fought with all she could muster, and more. She had killed ten when Clian arrived to help. Soon they were all dead. The women and Riht moved on to the next group of these warriors. Not one was to be left alive. For it could run back to it's leader, and act as a spy. That couldn't happen.

[Edited on 8/19/2006 by Aravis17]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 04:42
Geongan fought hard. There were many Haradrim, this didn't seem like a band of wandering Haradrim, it seemed like a full on attack. By the look on Faramirs face he realized the same thing. Before she realized it she was surrounded by Haradrim. "Stay back!" Geongan shouted as she pointed her sword at each of them.. They laughed and pushed in closer, stabbing with their swords. Geongan stabbed back. Then suddenly Hyldo jumped down from a tree. "Hold on." Hyldo said. He grabbed Geongan and forced his way through the crowd, stabbing and pushing. Then suddenly Hyldo let her go and fell. "Hyldo!" Geongan said as she knelt beside him. "Go! Don't worry about me." Hyldo said, he hads been stabbed badly, but if she didn't get out of the way she would be dead.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 08:38
"Hyldo!"

Jada heard Geongan screem.

"Ides,we have to help him"Jada said as she ran towards Geongan and her brother.

Jada smashed into the group of Haradrim.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 12:05
Ides wasn't sure she enjoyed the idea of helping Hyldo. He had, after all. kidnapped his sister. But he was hurt, and Geongan was frightened. Fright on a battlefield was horrible. Ides couldn't recall how many times she had seen someone become scared and stand shock still, only to be killed moments later. She ran closely behind Clian to help.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 04:36
Geongan turned her fear into anger and fought the Haradrim fiercely. She kept an eye on Hyldo so no one would hurt him anymore then he already had been. Hyldo inched his way to a tree so he could rest against it. He clutched his wound, his hand was bloody too. Geongan saw Clian and Ides. "The quicker we get rid of the Haradrim the faster we can get to Hyldo!" Geongan shouted to them. then Geongan realized the elf was no where to be seen.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 03:33
Eldaeron had faught the Haradrim to the best of his abilities, though his leg pained him, and with every jerk that sent fire up his leg, the elf cursed the man who had shot him. He never liked mortals, really; which little explained why he worked with them. Everything in it's place, he supposed.

A group of Haradrim started branching off to the north, unnoticed, and Eldaeron followed; he tried to catch them as well as he could, cutting through the two rear guards and gaining, when he heard a cry;

"Hyldo!"

Glancing briefly over his shoulder, Eldaeron caught sight of the man, Hyldo, being pulled away by Southrons.

Curse it, he growled to himself--couldn't they just stay out of serious trouble for a few moments? The small group of Haradrim were getting farther from the main, and moving fast.

In the end, Eldaeron knew he had no choice, at least none that his conscience would have left him well with. He turned, running back towards the fighting, and cast away a man of Harad before crouching beside Hyldo, keeping a sharp eye on the fighting all around. "...You're lucky I'm not mortal," he growled, appraising what could be done.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 04:00
When Geongan saw Eldaeron she was pleased that he was kind enough to help her brother. She decided to chase after the Hardrim that Eldaeron had started chasing.

"Leave me alone elf. I'm going ot die, and you don't want to help me. Go protect my sister, I can't anymore." Hyldo said.

(I don't think he should die yet, he just overreacting.)
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2006 05:58
Eldaeron shook his head at the man's dramatics. "Don't flatter yourself," he growled, guaging the severity of the injuries. "You're not wounded that bad." Though Hyldo did have a point--Geongan had just run off after the Haradrim by herself; granted, Eldaeron had just tried to do the same thing, but he never thought out foolish actions. When such actions were replicated in another, however, he was all for debasing them.

"Hey!" he called to the others--he still did not know their names. Quickly he cut a thick strip from Hyldo's cape, dressing the injuries. "You, maid!" he barked to the nearest woman; she didn't hear. "Maid! Where is Faramir!"

((sorry if he's a bit rude; but then again, he's operating on a minimal amount of information))
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2006 02:59
Ides turned sharply at being addressed as a "maid." She was an Eorlingas, not some maiden that was hindering this person. She looked, and it was the elf, Eldaeron.
"He's over there, elf," she spit with contempt, to show him that she could be just as rude. Besides, his name was hard to remember, being so long. Faramir was across the field, near the end, or could it be the beginning? of the Haradrim. Eldaeron leapt up and ran towards Faramir, ignoring her. She knelt beside Hyldo, realizing that if he died, Geongan would be in no shape, emotionally, to help the Rohirrim. She finished dressing his wound, and helped him to his feet, where he leaned against a tree. She lingered around, since he was injured, so he would not be hurt further, and guarded him against the foes of Gondor.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 03:46
Eldaeron was angry at being addressed so, but as he spotted Faramir and a handful of men driving the Southrons back, he leapt to his feet and made for him, cutting down an enemy archer in the process.

"Faramir!" he barked, shoving through to the captain, helping protect the man so he could get a word in. "There's a contingent of them moving north--Geongan went after them."

The look on Faramir's face was less than pleased. He pushed a man off his sword and ordered, "Take some of my men and your group and go after her...We'll follow when we can."

"Hyldo's injured!"

"Take him too--to the Henneth if you can."

Fantastic, the elf thought. He hadn't counted the Haradrim breaking away, but he knew it was more than handful of them could handle, with Hyldo to boot. Quickly he ran over to Ides, and conveyed Faramir's orders.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 04:58
Geongan ran for some time, cutting down the Southrons that fell behind. Then she heard Faramir, he hadn't called loudly it was more like a whisper. Geongan fell back, and hid behind a tree. "You should know better than to chase a band of Southrons by yourself." Faramir said. Then he let out a loud call and his men began a ambush. First they rained arrows upon the unexpecting Southrons, then they charged out and fought them. "You get back to Henneth." Faramir ordered before he joined the fight. Geongan slipped away.

When she arrived back at Henneth she was pleased to see Hyldo. "I'm glad you're alright." Geongan said. Hyldo nodded. "Thank you Eldaeron." Geongan said. Geongan wondered what would happen now. She was an Eorlingas, but what about her brother Andros. She did miss him. Andros was a Rider of Rohan, Eomer was his captain. "I wonder if he thinks I'm dead?" Geongan thought, she wouldn't want him to be hurt or sad. She began to feel angry at Hyldo, she and her friends had risked their necks to come and bring him back and all he did was kidnap her and Eldaeron and get himself hurt. "Hyldo I'll never understand why you hate us. You left for selfish reasons and I don't think I want you to come back to Rohan." Geongan said, she was so angry for the trouble her brother had caused. "I hope you do not bring your trouble to the people of Gondor also!" Geongan said. She walked out angrily, she couldn't wait to head back to Rohan as an Eorlingas.
Malathos
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2006 03:58
Malathos rode his jet black stallion at a lazy pace. He was riding to Minas Tirith to offer whatever help he could give against the orcs and evil men that threatened Gondor and the rest of Middle Earth when his keen elven ears heard the sound of a far off battle. He sped towards the sight of the battle and got there just in time to see a young woman cease her futile rush after a group of southron. This young woman is brave but a fool to rush alone after so many. He rode foreward slowly, warily. Then he saw Faramir, he dismounted and crept behind them unseen and unheard.

When the group entered the caves Malathos stopped in the shadows, and was surprised when a young woman came storming out, anger and pain etched on her face. "What is the matter young one?" the elf asked.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2006 05:32
"What is the matter young one?" Malathos asked. Geongan was surprised to see another elf. Tears had began rolling down her cheeks. "Nothing." Geongan answered roughly. Then she saw the hurt in the elf's face, he had not meant any harm. "I'm sorry. It's just a family problem." Geongan said as she wiped her tears. She looked around for Ides, she hadn't seen her come in to the caves and wondered where she was.

(just to let everyone know, I'm going away for a few days.)
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2006 01:47
"Geongan! I was looking for you. Hyldo has been asking for you. I fear he wants to get his feelings out before he dies. And no, he isn't going to die, he just thinks he is. Come, follow me," Ides led Geongan toward the room where Hyldo was. Eldaeron was keeping watch over him, much to his dismay, and he leapt up when the women entered.
'He must be thankful to see us; it means he can leave,' she thought as he slightly bowed to both of them and left. Geongan rushed to Hyldo's side, and began talking to him. Ides suddenly noticed the other elf that entered behind her. She had never seen this one before, and assumed it was one of Eldaeron's friends, come to find where he went.

[Edited on 9/9/2006 by Aravis17]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2006 03:19
(I'm back, please continue posting.)

Geongan sat beside her brother, she knew he had something to say. "Geongan,I'm sorry." Hyldo said. Geonga's eyes lit up and she was about to say something, but Hyldo held up his hand to indicate he had more to say. "I want to say that You and Andros must come and live with me here in Gondor." Hyldo said. "You cannot tell us what to do." Geongan said angrily. "Yes, I can. I've been in control of the family ever since father died, you must obey me." Hyldo said. "You are nothing like our father Hyldo! Our father was loyal to his land, you just go off and do what you please. You can stay, I don't care anymore, but Andros and I will stay in Rohan!" Geongan said, she was boiling with anger. She jumped to her feet and raced out, she wanted to return to her land as soon as possible, her brother was just trying to take over, and that was not going to happen. "I don't know why you came then! Why did you come here!" Hyldo shouted. Geongan turned. "I came here because I was doing what father had always taught me. Never give up, be loyal. I tried to bring you back, but I've given up, you must have never paid attention to what father said. You are like a stallion that runs from the one that is trying to care for you when you are hurt. Farewell Hyldo, I will always believe that you will someday change." Geongan said, her temper had gone down a bit, but she was still very angry.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2006 08:36
kay, since no one is posting, i will

Ides watched Geongan run out, hurt by her brother.
"Why did we even come to find you, evil being that you are!" Ides yelled at Hyldo, and left the room, looking for Geongan. Hyldo followed. He began shouting at her, and she retaliated. When she finished, Ides shoved Hyldo back into the room, put her arm aroud Geongan, and left, yelling behind herself, "Eldaeron, Jada, Riht, time to go! We are going back to Rohan!" Geongan shoved Ides off, quickly apologized, explaining that she didn't want people feeling sorry for her. They stopped, waiting for the others to catch up.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2006 12:14
"I know it was a fruitless adventure, but...I just know... he was never like this before." Geongan said, she didn't know what was happening, her brother was so lost. Then suddenly a ranger came in holding the arm of another man. "Andros!" Geongan said, she ran over and hugged him, she had never felt so much comfort in so long. "I came to find you. Did you find Hyldo?" Andros asked. "Yes, but now I wished I hadn't." Geongan said. "I didn't think he would change." Andros said sadly. "I don't think father would like what he is doing." Geongan said. "We still have each other Geongan. Maybe thats all we'll have." Andros said, he sqeezed her again.

As Hyldo sat in the room he listened to the conversation Geongan and Andros were having. "I don't think father ever loved me anyway." Hyldo whispered as he hugged his knees. Then Andros walked in. "We'll be leaving, if you're interested you can still come along." Andros said, his voice was so kind. "Why would I want to go with you! I hate home and I always have!" Hyldo shouted. Andros shrugged and turned to leave, but Geongan pushed forward. "Why Hyldo!? Why do you hate home?" Geongan asked. "I don't know, no one loved me there." Hyldo said. "I love you, Andros loves you, our mother and father cared deeply for you!" Geongan cried. "No, thats where you're wrong Geongan." Hyldo said, his voice had quieted. Geogan looked confused. "Father never loved me. He always took me aside and told me what I did wrong. He was never happy with my fighting skills. He said was was nothing like Andors, he could wield a sword like the warriors of old! But I could not." Hyldo said, his voice was still low. "No Hyldo! Father loved you, he always said so!" Geongan protested. "No, what I say is true. He may have said kind things to me around the family but inside he knew I was a failure." Hyldo said. Geongan was quiet. "you had better leave now. I'm sure you want to get far before nightfall." Hyldo said. "Please come back Hyldo, you are loved there." Geongan said, tears rolled down her face. "Give us a second chance." Andros said, he extended his hand to Hyldo. Hyldo smiled and slowly took Andros's hand. "You could train as a healer, or something like that Hyldo! They always need more healers!" Geongan said, her bright and cheery self was back. Hyldo smiled. "Good idea." Hyldo said, at last he felt safe to go home, he felt like he was cared for.

(I'm sorry if this sounds corny! We should incounter some excitement on the way back, I don't really know where we are going from here!)
Malathos
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2006 02:12
Malathos stepped out of the shadows where he had been standing out of everbody's way and sight. "If it is agreeable to all I shall acompany you back to Rohan. I have heard reports increasing orc and goblin activity and I think an extra sword and bow would not hurt any." He looked expectantly at the others waiting for thier responce.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2006 03:34
Geongan smiled. "You are welcome to join us." Geongan said. Then she turned to everyone else. "Shall we go? I miss home." Geongan said. Andros put his arm around her shoulder, Hyldo was still unsure and so he kept to himself. "Come on Hyldo. You don't need to be shy anymore." Geongan said, she held her hand out to him. He slowly took it. "You are more compassionate than anyone I've ever known Geongan, sometimes I don't understand it." Hyldo said. "Why wouldn't I have comapassion for my brother?" Geongan asked. When they came outside Geogan jumped up on her horse Thalion. Andros mounted his horse, and Hyldo did also. They quickly began their journey back home.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2006 03:19
Ides, Jada and Riht quickly agreed amongst themselves to accompany the group home in case they ran into trouble. They were trained Rohirrim, and Geongan was close, but needed help. Ides knew nothing of the skills of Hyldo and Andros, and Malathos could handle himself, but they needed more. What if there was another ambush?
"We are going to accompany you home, whether you want us to or not," Ides told them as they all mounted their horses.
"There could be an ambush later on, and you need more protection."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 07:41
Geongan smiled her thanks. She spurred her horse forward, she smiled as she rode between her brothers. "I am glad we are a family again." Geongan said.
They were far from Ithilien now, but they still rode. Then Geongan heard a noise. Andros jumped. "What was that?" Geongan asked, her voice was a whisper. "I don't know, you stay here Andros and I will check it out." Hyldo said. They both dismounted and walked into the woods. Then suddenly they heard a cry and Andros ran back. "Andros whats wrong? Where is Hyldo?" Geongan asked. "Orcs and goblins, hurry!" Andros said. Everyone dismounted and rushed to the attack. "Where is Hyldo?!" Geongan shouted as they ran. "He's been shot." Andros said sadly. "But I think he is still alive, he told me to warn you." Andros said. When they came to the attack they began fighting. Andros had much skill with a blade and he cut down many. Geongan ran over to Hyldo. "Hyldo are you alright?" Geongan asked. "I don't think so Geongan." Hyldo whispered. Tears stung Geongan's eyes. "No, you will be fine." Geongan said. Then she jumped up and cut down two orcs.
The fight ended soon, everyone was quite weary. Geongan ran over to Hyldo again. "Come on Hyldo, I'll help you. We will make you better." Geongan said. "No, leave me. This is my punishment for not showing love to my family." Hyldo said. "No Hyldo, don't say that. You are goign to live, you need no punishment." Geongan said. "Maybe it is not punishment but it is my fate. I love you Geonga, I'm sorry I never shows it." Hyldo said. Geongan shook her head, tears rolled down her cheek. "Andros, you are the head of the family, take care of little Geongan." Hyldo said, he placed his hand on Geongan's face. Geongan grabbed his hand and wept, then Hyldo died. "Come sister, we must go before more gblins come." Andros said sadly. "But we cannot leave him here." Geongan said. "We have no choice." Andros said. "Please Andros." Geongan begged. "Alright, we will tie him onto his horse and send him in the direction of Ithilien, he was a ranger and they will give him an honorable burial." Andros said, he quickly did so, then they mounted and began their journey again. "Just when he became a real brother...I miss him." Geongan said. Andros placed his hand on hers. "I know, it is hard also for me." Andros said sadly.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2006 08:02
Ides mounted her horse, and watched the family behind her weep for their brother. She understood, but she had a feeling that there was another ambush surrounding them.
"I would hate to break up this grieving ceremony, but if we don't leave soon we will be in the midst of another battle, and I don't want to risk that again, especially that we are all weary and sad. Please hurry," Ides asked in her kindest voice, glancing at Jada and Riht who bowed their heads toward her, understanding her need to leave. They mounted and prepared to gallop away at full speed.

"Come sister, we must go before more goblins come." Andros said sadly. "But we cannot leave him here." Geongan said. "We have no choice." Andros said. "Please Andros." Geongan begged. "Alright, we will tie him onto his horse and send him in the direction of Ithilien, he was a ranger and they will give him an honorable burial." Andros said, he quickly did so, then they mounted and began their journey again. "Just when he became a real brother...I miss him." Geongan said. Andros placed his hand on hers. "I know, it is hard also for me." Andros said sadly.

Ides trotted towards Jada and Riht, as Andros and Geongan galloped towards them. They galloped in the direction of Gondor and Ithilien, on the way back to Rohan.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email