on: January 24, 2008 10:23
I'm in! Another one for Vána .

[Edited on 24/1/2008 by Elana]
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
Post RE: Inter-Realm Trivia Tournament
on: March 03, 2008 11:58
im in manwe now so should i make a new account? do i get to keep my points and prizes?
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: March 03, 2008 01:29
Well we have never run into that problem before. Yes you could make a new account and I could delete the old one but it will be like starting over as a brand new player which would mean that you would have to accumulate new points and prizes under your new name. Although I believe that your old name would still appear under the points/prizes lists, you just couldn't play on that account name any longer. If you ever decided to switch realms again it would be the same thing. There is no way to change usernames under the account only delete them. If you plan to stay in Manwe then you may want to go ahead and start a new account but if there is a chance that you will either switch back to Yavanna or change realms again then I would probably wait until you decide if you are going to stay in a particular realm for a long time. The decision is completely yours either way.
If you do decide to make a new account just let me know so I can delete the old one.
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: March 03, 2008 02:11
could i just keep playing the same i am now? like even though it says frodofan14-yavanna i would just keep it like that but be in manwe. does that make sense?
Dolwen
Send Message
on: March 04, 2008 04:08
Yes you can keep playing with the same username you have now. You don't have to change names unless you want to.
Anira_Telcontar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2008 04:47
Dolwen,do you know how long this contest is going to be?
Dolwen
Send Message
on: March 05, 2008 03:43
Actually it is pretty much a game, not really a contest. At the beginning of each month the points reset so the players can "compete" to win the title as #1 player that month and get their name in the Hall of Fame for that month. A player accumulates points(which can be used to buy virtual prizes) each month. We have been playing for a year and a half now and any realm member can join in at anytime. It will likely be going on until nobody plays anymore. Here is the link to the game if you would like to check it out. The first post in this thread has a bit more information, but if you want anymore info just pm me.
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: April 12, 2008 07:11
I find this really fun, I'd recommend it to everyone! :love:
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
Galethiel
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: April 15, 2008 05:23
Whoo I've just signed up for Lorien.:love:
Dolwen
Send Message
on: July 02, 2009 10:10
Just a reminder that the daily trivia game is still happening. A new monthly tournament has just begun. If you are new to the game or haven't played for a while we would love to see you there.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: July 03, 2009 05:34
I'm still doing it! I do it every month.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2009 03:36
Heh heh... registered.
Dolwen
Send Message
on: August 01, 2011 03:28
Just wanted to remind all of our CoE Realmers that this trivia tournament is still going on. We have just begun a new month and invite you all to come play for your realm.
ArwenElfRinoa
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2011 04:55
>.<;; I did not see the realms part of the name rules. I was sure I read it thoroughly. Mine on there is arwenelf_rinoa, I am of Vaire.
Dolwen
Send Message
Post Re: Inter-Realm Trivia Tournament
on: April 03, 2012 08:00
Just wanted to let all of our realmers know that this game is still active and a new tournament just started on the 1st. We haven't had many players lately. It would be nice to see our realmers joining in again.
SongofNimrodel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2012 01:32
I'm joining, but as my username + realm name is to long, i'm just Song - Mandos.
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2012 09:33
What? No Nessians?! *raises hand* I'm in for Nessa!!

My username is GP_of_Nessa
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: July 01, 2012 02:30
I've never even looked into this!!!

Don't worry GP you have my...err...brain?
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2012 09:05
LOL!!! Why, thank you...? I think... *wonders how she will accept this gift*
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2012 09:06
Unfortunately I haven't finished reading the Silmarillion, so I won't be of any help in those questions...
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: July 02, 2012 01:56
Its been awhile, but I'll do my best!
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: January 09, 2013 06:52
Me too, whoops I'd forgotten about this!
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
Dolwen
Send Message
We seem to have neglected this little game for some time. Image We (in Vaire) are trying to play more often so I just wanted to let CoE's newest members know that this game is available and remind our older CoE members that it is still here.

For those who may not know this is a daily trivia game of 10 timed questions hosted by funtrivia.com except this is a private monthly tournament only for CoE members. Here is the link to our private tournament:

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=61525
You may want to bookmark it for easy access daily! Hope to see some new people join in and some old ones returning.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Can I just use wolfbladequeen? I am in Nessa.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Dolwen
Send Message
We prefer usernames to have the realm with them so everyone knows which realm each other is from in the game but ultimately it is your decision. Welcome to the game, hope you like it.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I played one game and... erm... failed miserably... but it was fun!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
EruwaedhielOfRohan
Council Member
Send Message
Just signed up for Vaire (username is Eruwaedhiel-Vaire). Would've done better, but the phone went off three times upon my starting it. *sigh*
Image Image
Silmelirie
Council Member
Send Message
wolfbladequeen said:Well, I played one game and... erm... failed miserably... but it was fun!

Likewise, wolfie. *laugh*

I have that (bad)luck where you see an answer think: "I think it's that one, but I'm gonna go with that other one in case I'm wrong" and then the right one is the one you didn't pick.

Oh, well, It's fun either way.
~*You are not wrong, who deem That my days have been a dream; Yet if hope has flown away In a night, or in a day, In a vision, or in none, Is it therefore the less gone? All that we see or seem Is but a dream within a dream.*~
ImageImageImage
EruwaedhielOfRohan
Council Member
Send Message
Silmelirie said: I have that (bad)luck where you see an answer think: "I think it's that one, but I'm gonna go with that other one in case I'm wrong" and then the right one is the one you didn't pick.

Oh, I do that every time! It's so frustrating!
Image Image
Dolwen
Send Message
Just thought I'd bring this to the attention of other realm members and let everyone know that this game/tournament still happens. Though right now it only seems to be a handful of Vaire members that play regularly. A new monthly round just began so it's the perfect time to join in and we'd love to have you. Those of you with active realms could announce it there too.

Here is the link to the game again: http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=61525

*might want to consider bookmarking it for easy access.

Hope to see some other realm members join us.

[Edited on 09/02/2015 by Dolwen]
Dolwen
Send Message
This game is still going on daily though sadly only a couple Vaire members participate but if anyone (even those not in a realm) would like to join in feel free. The link is : http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=61525
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I just created an account and played the challenge for today. I'm from the Realm of Ulmo but I forgot to add that to my username.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Dolwen
Send Message
Glad you could join us and hope that you had fun playing. That's okay about the username. In the beginning when we had many players a day it was a way for everyone to know who was who but sadly we don't have that many players anymore.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I can only second Dolwen's sentiments wholeheartedly. Back in an Older Age of CoE (before my time here, I don't know quite how long before), the competition between the Realms may have been of interest. Now participation is yearned for, on my part, certainly. Image
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Dear me, I need to brush up on my Tolkien lore...
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email