Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
The_last_Valaurakar
Council Member
Send Message
Post RPG Forum
on: February 20, 2007 03:51
I don't really understand how the RPG forum really works. Is it something you have to sign up for? Do you create a character? Do you just talk about RPGs? Is it sort of a simplified version of D&D?

(That's a lot of questions! )
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
Post RE: RPG Forum
on: February 20, 2007 05:15
Servant_or_Sauron (or whatever you new name ends up being),

The RPG forum here on CoE is just one of the places you can visit. But if you want to join in there are some things you should know. First of all, and most important, read all the rules and guidelines that are topped on each of the sub-forums.

Then, there are many ways you can approach this. My recommendation is to take a peek in the OOC's to see what kind of storylines are already developed and who's playing in them. Then wander over to TR or TT forum and read some of the actual stories that are running right now. This will familiarize you with they type of posting we do here.

Essentially, a person thinks up a plot and opens a thread (hopefully with either a companion OOC thread or enough info in the first post to give other prospective players an idea of the direction of the story). Then other players continue the storyline by adding their own post. This may be slow as not everyone is online at the same time, given how global this site is....so do not post and expect an immediate response.

But the expectation if you wish to join an rpg is to ask (if necessary) if you may join, develop a character that fits the story (which you can put in the rpg data base here), and then write a response to the last post in the thread you have chosen. Be sure to read all the preceding posts so you are sticking with story and responding to the previous posters.

It's as easy as that. If you need any further help, PM (private message) me and I'll be glad to help.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email