Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks gondolinian!
The more I live I see this life's not about me ~ Anberlin
joseph 123
Council Member
Send Message
hello members of the council of Elrond I have been using this site mainly to learn quenya I would like a little help around the site because im new.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I'd be glad to help you, joseph! I'm sending a private message right now.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
If anyone here wants a newbie buddy, please let me know! I'd be glad to help!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Narylfiel_Firebrand
Council Member
Send Message
Can anyone tell me what a newbie-buddy is?
"Most people assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly . . . timey-wimey . . . stuff."
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hi Narylfiel_Firebrand . What a newbie-buddy is, is explained in the first post of this thread:

If you are a newbie that has just registered here on CoE and you would like some help or just someone to show you around a bit, or if you feel like making some new friends, the best thing to do is reply to this thread ! Just let us know if you would like a buddy.

So if you have questions about the site or how to find your way around, feel free to ask for a buddy . We have some members who present themselves as buddies once in a while and I myself am always available to answer any questions or help solve any problems you might have with the site.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
If you would like a buddy, Narylfiel, I will be yours!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Narylfiel_Firebrand
Council Member
Send Message
Ok
"Most people assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly . . . timey-wimey . . . stuff."
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I'll be a newbie buddy!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im sending a messege to you now, Narylfiel!
Silmariel-Feanors-Child
Council Member
Send Message
hi I'm new here , sorry my english is not the best, since I 'm from Germany and use a translation program . but I hope you understand me anyway. I have been a tight 3/4 year Tolkien fan and looking for someone who takes me around here and with whom I can learn Sindarin quenya . That's why I 'm here , and if it is a friendship I would of course be very happy. I hope I 'm right here in the Threat

a Pn in this regard I would be happy

Your Silmariel, Feanors Child

[Edited on 08/26/2013 by Silmariel-Feanors-Child]
Light and Darkness belongs together . neither can exist without the other ! The first step will lead you mostly to the correct location but a wrong step will be your ruin quickly. ImageImage
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Silmariel-Feanors-Child, welcome to CoE.

Make sure to check the output of the translation program, because they don't always get it right . Parts of your post are easy enough to understand, but some others a bit less. But don't worry, many members on our site aren't native English speakers, we all try to do our best and mistakes aren't frowned upon (as long as the content of the post is understandable).
I can't help you with Elvish, but if you check out the Elvish forums, you'll find some study-buddy threads there. I'm sure there will be a few members willing to study together with you.
Don't hesitate to post in the Newbies Introduction Thread as well, where you can tell our members a little bit more about yourself and your interests. That way they can get to know you better.
One final tip: perhaps you could make your signature a bit smaller . The general rule is that a signature should be no more than 3 lines high, yours easily spans 6. Smaller signatures make our forums more readable.

Enjoy your membership and our Elvish lessons, good luck! If you need any help with other parts of the site, don't hesitate to contact me. I'll be happy to help.

[Edited on 08/26/2013 by gondolinian]
Maethoren
Council Member
Send Message
I'm new, and a newbie buddy sounds great!
Fairion, maethor
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Maethoren,

The best way to make some friends is to introduce yourself in the Newbies Introduction Thread. That way our members can get to know you a bit better. I'm sure you'll be able to make some friends here soon that way. In the meantime, don't hesitate to send me a pm if you have any questions or problems. I'll be happy to help.
Maethoren
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks!
Fairion, maethor
legolasthedude
Council Member
Send Message
Hi,
Can you tell me what a newbie-buddy is? Can I get one?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I'll be your newbie buddy We just help you around the site, answer questions, and be your friend.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
If anyone else is in need of a newbie buddy, just let me know!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
I'm also here if anybody needs a buddy.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I'm here if anyone needs a buddy, though I am in the UK time zone, so not on at the same time as most people... but if you are in the same time zone, I would be very happy to be a buddy.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
sweetferocity
Council Member
Send Message
Post new!
on: November 14, 2013 05:14
Hello, I am using this sight mainly to learn Sindarin and I could use a bit of help.
Ú-vethed ennas estel
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Sweetferocity, for help with Elvish you'll be better off looking in the Elvish forums . You'll find many other language students there, that might even want to be your study buddy!
juansf111
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, im a newbie
mmmm, what can i say? im looking to meet new people (and please be patient with my english )
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
So you want a newbie buddy, juans? I'll be yours.
juansf111
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth_Ravenlock said:So you want a newbie buddy, juans? I'll be yours.

Yay! thank you!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
You're most welcome.
Huddy
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, guys! I would love to have a buddy here! A little bit about me: I am 14 years old, sophomore in highschool. My name is Emily, I first read the Hobbit when I was nine and Lord of the Rings when I was ten. I have reread them both two or three times since then. I watched the movies the first time last year and have seen the first Hobbit (can't wait forthe second!!) My favorite character (in the book) is Faramir.
Anyway, I am learining Sindarin and would love a buddy!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Huddy, welcome to CoE.

I hope enough people will see your introduction here . Usually we have them put in the Newbies Introduction Thread. But since you're asking for a buddy, it partly also belongs here . If you have any specific questions about the site or how things work around here, don't hesitate to send me a pm (private message). I'll be happy to help you out. If you're looking for a buddy that can help you with learning Sindarin, you might want to check the Elvish forums. There is a studdy-buddy thread there as well if I'm not mistaken.

Enjoy your membership!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Ummm...if anybody wants a buddy, I'd be delighted to help. But when it comes to Elvish, I'm stumped.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Erwedraith
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, I'm new at the site and I'm interested in a newbie buddy to help me around the site I've been trying to figure stuff out and it looks awesome but I do need help thanks
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I've found. I found it is the small things. Every day deeds by ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay." - Gandalf
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I can help you if you like (well I am actually talking to you at this very moment ), but I don't know any Elvish or anything...
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Feel free to pm me with any questions you have Erwedraith, I'll be happy to help .
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Still available here.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Yep, still available here too.
AlyssHeart
Council Member
Send Message
Hey. I'm Alyss. I'm really new to this type of site, so I'm hoping someone can help me out. Definitely looking for someone who can help me with Quenya, and some awesome people in general.
<< First1213141516Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email