Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1314151617
Author Topic:
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Alyss! I'd love to be your buddy! You'll have to find someone else for a Quenya buddy though (I'm not learning it). My sister Mareth Ravenlock would also like to be your buddy. So we'll be messaging you!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hi AlyssHeart, welcome. For someone to help you with Quenya, you better check the Elvish forums. There are threads there to ask for a study-buddy. For all other questions about the site and how things work, feel free to ask me anything. If you're new to this kind of thing, it might be a good idea to check out the Newbie Guide, one of the topped threads in this newbie forum.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
startrekzombie
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, I'm Sammie, I'm not sure where to start on CoE. O
Rawr :3 < Lastamë>
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Sammie. Perhaps you can check out the newbies introduction guide (which you'll find on top of the newbies forum). It helps you get started and explains a bit about the site. If you have any questions after that, don't hesitate to contact me. I'll be happy to help.
Hobbitsa244
Council Member
Send Message
Post Looking to say hi...
on: February 24, 2014 07:24
Hello! I’m not quite sure what to do here ...
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Hobbitsa244, welcome to CoE. A first thing you could do is introduce yourself . Head over to the newbies introduction thread, check out the first post for inspiration and add an introduction of your own.
After that, you might want to check out the newbie introduction guide (also in the newbies forum). It will help you take your first steps on the site.
joy32
Council Member
Send Message
Hi I am joy23 I am new here. I do not know anyone here. Or what I am supposed to do. Can anyone tell me? Thanks that is well appreciated. I just love the Hobbit, and all of the Lord of The Ring books and movies.
Heather J. Nilsson
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
PMing you now, Joy.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi joy32. For an idea about what you can find on our site, you might want to check out the Newbies Guide in the newbies forum.

[Edited on 03/17/2014 by gondolinian]
anniegamgee
Council Member
Send Message
Hi I need some buddies hahahaha
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello anniegamgee. I'll be happy to help you if you have any questions in particular. Don't hesitate to send me a pm (private message).
fingon of the elves
Council Member
Send Message
Hi! Signing up for a newbie buddy! Anyone interested?
Roads go ever ever on, Over rock and under tree, By caves where never sun has shone, By streams that never find the sea;
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I'm available! I feel like I'm "hogging" newbies though.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
You're certainly very active with them Mareth . But if it helps our newbies feel more at home, why not.
Either way, if you have any questions fingon of the elves, do not hesitate to contact me. A good way to know what to do first on our site can be found in the newbies guide (topped thread in this newbies forum).
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
I'm still here.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
reaching-xibalba
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, so much has happened since I was last on. School is such a pain in the ass and it's been ages since I last logged on.
I'm still pretty new to the site and I'm starting to learn Sindarin, so I'd be really grateful for a buddy that could help out with that, or just to show me the ropes of the site itself. Many thanks!
A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi reaching-xibalba. For some general tips on how to navigate our site, you should check out our newbies guide (in the newbies forum). It will help you on your way. For a studdy-buddy for Sindarin, you best head over to the Elvish forums, where there's a thread to ask for specific help with languages. If you have any other questions about the site, don't hesitate to contact me. I'll be happy to help .
Wascloth-
Council Member
Send Message
Just joined the site, looks awesome, looking for a newbie buddy.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Is it okay if I volunteer someone else to be a buddy? Because my sister, Mellwen_Bronwewen, is also 13, and I think she would like to be a buddy.

[Edited on 05/09/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Wascloth-
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth_Ravenlock was that directed at me or someone else.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, to you.
Wascloth-
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Mareth_Ravenlock that sounds great
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Wascloth. Mareth (my sister) volunteered me. Feel free to PM me.
Plya
Council Member
Send Message
Hey i am Plya and I am new here!!!! I am looking for a newbie-buddy!!! Anyone?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Just a plain buddy, or a study buddy? I'd be glad to be a buddy.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Plya! Yeah, I'm also open if you want a buddy.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hey,
ok I joined this month, so forgive me, but what do buddies do? I might like a buddy if I knew what to do with one.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Cenor,

Have a look at the first post of this thread, it will give you an answer to your question . A buddy can help you get around the site, should you find it too hard to do it on your own (we do have a newbies guide in the newbies forum to help you as well). Or you can get a buddy to chat with (but you can do that with anyone you want of course).
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, I guess I should have done that in the first place. Oh well now I know. I explored CoE before joining but I find new stuff all the time. Like yesterday I found the Lost and Found. I don't know if this is the place to ask but where can I find more on Mary Sue. She seems to be all over this website.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
This is not really the place to ask, but I'll answer none the less . The only Mary Sue I know is in relation to fanfiction. It's a generic term used for a specific type of character. You can find more info in the Fanfic Section, under 'add your story' (which will take you here). I'm sure more info can also be found online.
That's the only reference to Mary Sue known to me, I didn't know we had so many references on the site?
larutan
Council Member
Send Message
Post looking for a buddy
on: June 15, 2014 09:35
hello, i am new to the c.o.e and would love some help learning either quenya or sindarin. i don't really know where to begin and i feel a bit lost.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Larutan, welcome to CoE! For some basic guidance and our Elvish lessons, head over to the Languages Section (via the toolbar on the left). For more personal help and guidance, you should check out the Elvish forums. You can request a studdy-buddy there and ask other questions related to Elvish. Don't worry, you're in good company, there are many Elvish students on our site and we have a big and friendly community to help you out . Good luck!
larutan
Council Member
Send Message
thank you very much Gondolinian for the suggestion and the warm welcome
akixam
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone i'm new i started with quenya lessons yesterday and i would like to have a buddy if anyone is available more like a study-buddy
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Akixam, for a study-buddy for your Elvish lessons, head over to the Elvish forum. You'll find other students there. This thread is for people needing a buddy to help them out with the site in general.
<< First1314151617
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email