Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
xXTheSickXx
Council Member
Send Message
Post No realm of Melkor?
on: April 06, 2007 02:55
why is there no realm of Melkor/Morgoth if you don't mind my asking?
Nenya_Ring
Galadriel's Wishmaster Apprentice
Send Message
Post RE: No realm of Melkor?
on: April 06, 2007 05:26
*cough* *points at her sig*:evil:
I must say there are at least two persons here who would love to have at least a Melkor Hide-out. But it would be too much for some of our younger members, I guess.
Image ImageGaladriel's Wishmaster Apprentice
golden_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2007 03:44
I think the reason that there is no realm of Melkor *shudders* is that he isn't really one of the Valar anymore. That's what I think so, at lease.

golden
Nenya_Ring
Send Message
on: April 08, 2007 10:06
Technically, he is "no longer counted among the Valar". That doesn't change who and what he his. At least to some of us
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 04:21
That would be cool if we did have a realm named Melkor.
Nenya_Ring
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 12:24
At least a shrine? :angel: OK, make it a dungeon instead.
Esmerelda~Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2007 04:52
Oh my gosh that would be scary! Aren't realms supposed to encourage helping the world? Through activities and stuff? Heck! What would the realm of Melkor do?
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 07, 2007 04:18
Well, I guess you've basically answered the question, Esmerelda~Baggins. I was thinking that having a realm for Melkor would be pretty cool but you're right. Melkor is an evil character and realms are for helping the site and having a nice community. Melkor is not exactly into having nice communities and such.
Nenya_Ring
Send Message
on: July 20, 2007 01:37
Err... right. OK. You know, the Sil wuld have been a really "nice" book without him...
And what he achieved was that he encouraged freedom and the pursuit of knowledge and one's dreams, at whatever cost. And he did create beauty, strangely. Remember that snow flakes appeared after Melkor's doscord in the Great Song, Iluvatar specifically discusses this with Ulmo (another kind of rebel, I might add).
But then again maybe it's my eternal attraction to bad boys.
darkfey9
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2007 08:49
I think a Realm of Melkor would be pretty cool. Not an exclusive "Realm", though. More like a "sub-Realm" (if such a thing is possible) where you can still remain in your Realm, but be in the "Realm" of Melkor. And I think "nice community" depends on your definition of "nice."
asea_aranion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2007 04:11
Haha, I think it's so funny that this thread is here, because when I went to join a realm, I thought "Oooh, I want to join the Realm of Melkor!!" only to discover that he hasn't got one.

Maybe the Realm of Melkor would encourage such activities as... holding heavy metal concerts for charity? Haha, I don't know...
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2007 06:44
Well a first I wasn't really in the idea of having a realm of Melkor, but now that more metal music is mentionned...why not?
darkfey9
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2007 12:28
just heavy metal or any "dark" music? :drool:
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2007 01:20
How about both?
asea_aranion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2007 09:20
And with the whole snowflake thing, another realm activity could be snowman building!

And dark music... Stravinsky's Rite Of Spring comes to mind as such a Melkor-ish tune right now...
Dawn_treader
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2007 05:59
I was thinking about this realm of Melkor you guys are talking about. I'm very happy in the realm of Vána, I assure you. But I had some ideas. Maybe you guys want to bounce them around.

A. This could be an actual realm
B. If it was, it could work. Melkor was one of the most powerful Valar, and before his self-ambition, one of the most noble. He was brother to Manwe after all, and most like him in thought, right? He was strong, and had elements of all the Valar in him, but mostly akin to Aule, right? (I think anyways) So, I think that makes him pretty worthy of a realm.

C. If Melkor did have a realm, it could work one of two ways:
1. It could be representing Melkor, before his rebellion. They could be noble, having elements of all the Valar, and blah, blah, do all the things a realm would do. Just another realm in the site.
2. Or, they could represent Morgoth, the Black Foe. Now, this is just an idea, but they could be the antagonists of CE. Think about it. Where would a good story be without a villain? Without Sauron, without the White Witch, without Bill Sykes, without Davy Jones?! I mean, we wouldn't want to watch or read those stories, because they'd be boring!
So, if Morgoth had a realm, they could invade other realms. They could say something like, "Morgoth has destroyed an area in the forest of Lorien. If 5 members from the realm of Nienna, and 3 members from the realm of Yavanna do not respond to weep and sing, this area of the forest of Lorien will be lost forever. You have 1 hour to respond."
Or, something like, "Realmers from Morgoth are prowling Orome's borders. You must have 10 warriors from Tulkas, and 5 hunters from Orome withing 1 hour..." etc.
Do you guys see what I'm getting at? Of course, too many invasions and things like that could get annoying, but they would encourage participation in realms, you know, having people there to respond.
Or they could just be the local bad guys/rebels. Just function as a realm. But known as the bad guys.

so, what do you people think? Like I said, I'm very happy in the realm of Vána, but there are members out there, who kinda want a realm of Melkor. These are just ideas, you can do what you want with them.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2007 06:59
I am also very happy in the Realm of Nienna, but that does sound interesting. The idea is pretty good. And you do have a point about about the bad guys. There would be no good stories without them.:evil:
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Nenya_Ring
Send Message
on: August 14, 2007 04:44
Way back when Ninjoo and I first complained about this (more than 1 year ago) and got our titles (Dungeon Commander and Head Torturer), we thought of setting up a Shrine of Melkor, rather than a realm. As in: an area that other members, including realmers, could visit and where they get in touch with their wild side. I love Ulmo too much to leave but I think my dark streak would feel happy to have a place where it could unwind.
So... how about something like Melkor's Shrine/Dungeon in Community>Forums? With games and activities such as you guys suggested or maybe more? And nice, dark titles.:evil:
Though I think both Rivka and oour LadyCele ahve a say in this one.
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2007 07:28
That would be great. I'm happy in Nienna, but if something like that would turn up, I'd consider joining.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2007 04:25
yeah, that does sound awesome.:evil:
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
TurinGwoheyuloi
Headmost Ghost of Mandos
Send Message
on: November 01, 2007 09:18
I'd be all for a Realm of Melkor (as if Mandos isn't 'dark' enough ) But Option C2 sounds really fun!

Maybe also it could help boost Realm participation, which seems to be more than just a local problem.

[Edited on 1/11/2007 by TurinGwoheyuloi]
Isillindë
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2007 11:55
I was wondering on joining here and going through the realms, as to why there wasn't one dedicated to Melkor. Read this thread and there are quite a few here who would want a realm dedicated to M. Bauglir.

Frankly, I am intrigued by the idea.

I was also wondering why there weren't any Realms dedicated to the Race of Men. I would love to be a part of Rohan - but, I guess that would need a discussion in another thread.

[Edited on 29/11/2007 by Isillindë]
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2007 06:09
For all you Melkor fans out there: just completed a theme with the Dark Vala.

If you are a contributing member you can use it.

"Why? Because I'm afraid and he gives me courage."
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: December 05, 2007 11:05
Sorry, folks but no Realm of Melkor. Only the 14 good guys have 'realms' here on CoE...
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: December 08, 2007 04:42
Hehe, it's a shame isn't it,typical world for you, only focusing on the goodies but just take it up as a challenge and maybe try to corrupt your fellow members and you'll see that though the realm of Melkor is non-existent his spirit lives Muahahahaha:evil: :evil: :evil:

Come to the dark side we have cookies, ice cream and chocolate... (did I forget to mention shiny ringssss):naughty:
Nenya_Ring
Send Message
on: December 08, 2007 11:11
Oh dang, Lady, you've spoiled my fun! Oh well, it seems I will contribute to the site soon enough, I want that theme. :evil:
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2007 12:31
I think a Melkor realm would have a sort of bad influence on people. The ones who would join it would feel cooler and more special than others and would perhaps subconsciously want to "bring harm" to the other realms. Or something like that.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2007 11:45
Be greeted!
I have to say, I agree with Perathion. And to have to fight in here as well, to do things to protect my Realm? I have had enough wars in my life. I need to feel safe somewhere, to feel protected and sheltered. That is how I feel so far here at CoE.
I know I am adult, but I am not able to handle more fights, whether they are pretended or real. I am grateful that the Realm of Melkor doesn't exist, because I really do think that it might harm the spirit of friendship in here, since they would feel special indeed, and their intentions, as shown above, aren't always to show a good friendly spirit, but rather to invade, forcing others into protection. I don't mind helping the other Realms into getting more active, I just don't think this is the way to do it.

If you have an urgent need to have something in between you to share "dark sides", maybe you should open a club instead? I think I saw one for nazguls. Maybe you will be allowed to have one for Melkor as well. Just a thought. And please, keep it then at that club.

I don't think anyone else has my safety-issues, but since this site is sharing a friendly spirit, the Realm of Melkor and its invading others doesn't seem very much like it, right?

With love and hope that you find another solution
-raina
Nenya_Ring
Send Message
on: December 21, 2007 06:03
While I respect and fully understand the admins' decision, I feel compelled to reply to the previous posts.

I do hope that by now everyone has been exposed enough to life to realize that the simple good vs evil dychotomy is nowehere near as clearcut as fairytales and bad action movies make it. All of us who have read Tolkien must have realized by now the necessary part that the so-called "bad" characters play in his work, as well as their often complex nature. Sauron repented at first, Osse nearly joined Melkor, Melkor himself was a wonderfully powerful and creative Vala at first.
Celebrating a character because of his complexity and personality does not equate to "invading" other realms or having a "bad influence" on others. I think we all understand exactly what CoE is about and wouldn't go overboard anyway. We were simply looking for another means of expressing ourselves. Just like Melkor did... Wanting to be different isn't a peril, you know.
Of course a realm isn't really needed. The clubs will be more than OK and I thank you for the suggestion. I just felt I wanted to make our point across in a more mature and consistent way.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2007 06:57
Please, do not misunderstand me. I was reacting on previous posts where such invade was suggested. And other things to spread some "infiltration" and other not very kind suggestions.

And I am sorry.. but I have been hunted - in lack of another better word - since I was 4 and a half, and that never stopped. I've just been through a bit too much. I, unfortunately, belong to those who are consistently dealing with "evil".

I do not mean that any of those who wished for Melkor, are evil. In fact, some of the suggestions, I found wasn't bad: the kind of music, that you wished to share, the suggestions of Concerts for Charity, and such things, I think is a rather good idea. If ye wish to have a club, go for it!

My pleasure, about the suggestion of a club. I actually hope that you will create one.

With best regards
-raina
Tulcadhiel_Greenleaf
News Admin & Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 07:52
Go good guys! Umm....I think a realm of Melkor would just be a little creepy...of course I don't have anything againest you guys who like the idea, but I'm a happy nessian
Tulcadhiel_Greenleaf
News Admin & Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 07:56
xXTheSickXx--I do love your avatar though! Mine won't upload or anything...grrr....going to work on that...
Anyways. Sorry for the randomness...Hey, I'm from Nessa, remember? lol
Cudgethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2008 06:25
It would be kind of nice to have a realm of Melkor. I know some people who would really like that. It would be really cool. (but right now I'm happy in Ulmo!)
ArwenLegolas
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 24, 2008 06:17
I ould also go for C2. It might bring more life to the Realms as the writer so astutely remarked.
Tiro nin Elbereth
xXxArendilxXx
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2008 06:21
hehe, I totally agree with raina_alassë .... go for it!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email