Register

Author Topic:
michele
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Rise Over Darkness
on: July 05, 2007 05:13
(lots of catching up to do)

Eluvaethor stood at the edge of his talan, gazing down at the group of travellers that he and the other elven guards had brought into the heart of Lorien.

The two men, Aragorn and Boromir, intrigued him. It was not often that men, let alone dwarves and hobbits, crossed into the Realm f the Lady of the Wood. They seemed to be grieving. He had heard tell of the fall of one of the company: a mighty wizard by the name of Gandalf. This name was well-known throughout the world. Far off, a mourneful vice honoured the Wise One in song.

Eluvaethor turned and took to the stairs running down from the talan. He descended quickly and quietly, untl he reached the travellers.

He approached the elf named Legolas and Aragorn tentively, wanting to make his presence known and not intrusive.

When they finally looked up, Eluvaethor smiled. "Mae govannen, mellyn Lothlorien. Eluvaethor i eleth nîn."* Legolas returned the elvish greeting, as did Aragorn who further enquired, "May we be of service, my friend?"
Eluvaethor bowed deeply. "My lord, Aragorn," he said. "I have come to ask if I may join you in your quest. I am a skilled fighter and can be of assistance to you and your companions. I have long served under Haldir's command, guarding against the evil that may penetrate the borders of Lothlorien. I now wish to leave Lorien, to help protect thers against the shadow that is clawing its way out of Mordor."
"Of course. Your aid will be most welcome," said Aragorn.

Eluvaethor’s eyes glittered with excitement, for though he knew leaving Lorien would lead to obvious peril, it also meant adventure. “Le hannon!** I will not fail you,” he said, trying to hide his anticipation.

Eluvaethor ran back up to his talan, his heart soaring with happiness. He quickly belted his dagger to his waist and picked up his small pouch and fastened it to his belt also. He looked around, trying to see if he’d forgotten anything. His cloak; of course! He lifted the grey cloak from the back of an elaborately decorated chair and made it fast around his neck with a beautifully crafted leaf clasp. The company probably wouldn’t be leaving for a few days, but their was nothing wrong in being prepared.

Once dressed, he made his way to the door, grabbing his quarterstaff as he exited.

He returned to the group and noticed that a couple of the elves were missing. This did not surprise him, however, for the woods of Lorien often called to the lonely hearts of the elves, offering comfort and solace.

It seemed some sort of a minor attack had taken place while he was up in the flet, as there were a number of orcs lying dead on the ground nearby. Two of the foreign elves, siblings from what he’d heard, looked like they were ready to start a fight of their own. It couldn’t have been too serious though, because Legolas had a mixed expression of shock and amusement on the fair face.

“What happened?” Eluvaethor asked Legolas. “Yrch!***”, he replied. “Though not many. Amarthiel is an accomplished fighter and she slew the putrid creatures herself!”

Eluvaethor looked at Amarthiel with an eager smile. He was impressed, though he didn’t say so. Her brother didn’t look too happy though.

Legolas spoke: “Amarthiel, Narfaroth, this is Eluvaethor. He will be joining us in our quest. Ah, here comes Awennen.”

Eluvaethor turned his eyes to lay them upon the other elf-maiden that had come into their midst.

*Well met, friends of Lothlorien. My name is Eluvaethor.
** Thank you.
***Orcs
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2007 06:02
Amarthile lookd at the new Elf briefly, her eyes still hot with anger, she still fought to keep herself from exploding any more than she already had. She nodded briefly then turned back to Narfaroth, her anger blazing anew.

"Do not think this is over yet brother. You could have been killed at the least yet you failed to stay in safety. We have lost enough, I need you whole. Go on, get in the talan, I cannot bare to look at you any longer Narfartoh, not until my anger abates some. I may end up causing serious harm," she seethed, her words a harsh whisper. She looked at Aragorn and Legolas.

"He is not the best fighter, only with daggers and that would not have done much here. He carries a sword I know, but it was father's, that is why. Keep him as far away from me as possible," she hissed.

Legolas and Aragorn turned to Eluvaethor, Aragron slightly smiling Legolas in shock.

"My friend, as long as I have known that Elf, her brother has tormented her. It seems he pushed her too far. I have heard she has never angered and seen as much, and if that is what it is like, I ceetainly hope i never do so," Aragorn remarked. Legoals turned to him as well.

"in the short time we traveled I spoke with her and she is quiet, almost brooding. She is terribly smart, constantly palnning and such. Never have I even felt the slightest bit of anger, perhaps the orcs fed it some as well. I noticed where a blde had slipped on her neck, drawing a bit of blood. She did not even notice in her rage," Legolas commented.

Amarthiel looked at them and sighed, venting her anger out.

'I am sorry for that, I do not know what came over me. I can assure you that it will never happen again, at least I hope not. Forgive me, but under other circumstances you would have met not in a blnid rage Eluvaethor, at my brother who pushed it too far one too many times. Hopefully he learned his lesson," she said quietly.

Narfaroth turned to him as well. "Well, very nice to meet you, Eluvaethor. And how nice that you will joining us on our trek across Arda," he said sarcastically.

Amarthile was pushed once more to anger and without thinking the next moment he was lying on the ground, staring into her face.

"Narfaroth, I warned you on the way to Moria that you should be more considerate and it is clear you heeded not my words. Perhaps I should give you a lesson in pleasantries," she warned quietly, her violet eyes flashnig with rage once again.

She pulled him up easily and gave him a shove toward the tree.

"Go, get up there," she commanded. He glared at her but went complying, not risking a comment to her at the moment.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2007 06:11
Awennen smiled her sweet and almost ancient looking smile.
"Suilad maethor en taur." Awennen said with a bow of her head.

She looked around and saw that they were also assailed by the orcs. "I cannot believe these creatures dared defile this land. They will pay ten fold!" Awennen said. She was angry and sad, her emotions were controlling her tongue and she hated that.

Awennen took in a deep breath. Relaxing herself and trying to rein in her emotions.
Then she looked up at the tall tree, she could see small heads peeping down to look at what was happening.

"It is safe now, is it not? Should we continue or will we wait." Awennen asked. She did not want to have to stay here too much longer, as much as she loved it. She felt if she stayed too long she would change her mind and stay, and that was not the right choice.

Awennen could see they wanted to think on this for a moment. Awennen went and sat down at the base of a tree. She watched elves come and go around the woods.
I wish I could call this my home, but it is not. My home is in the West. She thought.

Then she heard a voice of great sadness on the wind. She stood and listened. It was familiar.
"Zuleika?" Awennen whispered. Then she turned to the others.

"Is Zuleika here?" She asked. They all shook their heads.
Awennen sighed and rushed off into the forest.

After a long time of running around, searching for her, Awennen found the young maiden sitting alone, crying.
Awennen sat down beside her.

"Mellon nin, what has caused this great sadness in you?" Awennen asked. She brushed a strand of Zuleika's hair from her face. She felt so old when she looked upon the young maiden before her. Awennen had lived and seen Ages, but Zuleika surely had not.

Awennen had seen the battles that formed the Ages. She had been a follower of Finarfin with her brother Gildor. She had known Galadriel since she was but a child.
Ai, I feel so weary of war, and yet I know there is more to come. Awennen thought. Sauron had risen, the pupil of Melkor, or Morgoth as he had been named.

I never thought I would live to this Age. Or to see what would happen beyond, and maybe I won't. But at least I shall have a story to tell to my dear brother. Awennen said with a smirk.

Awennen sighed and pushed her silver hair behind her pointed ears.
"Now tell me, my friend. I have not seen you so sad before." Awennen said in a soft soothing voice.
She waited for her reply.

translation-Greetings warrior of the wood.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2007 06:31
Zuleika sat beneath the tree. She no longer cared if the party left without her, for she was certain she would take her own life anyway.
The leaves began to rustle, but Zuleika did not look up. Even if it was a band of orcs, she would not have cared.
Awennen's voice carried into her ears, and she could sense the concern in the elf's voice.
"Mellon nin, what has caused this great sadness in you?"

Zuleika picked her head up from her knees. It felt heavy and she went rather dizzy as she looked upon the light of the wood again.
"A terrible thing. My entire life has fallen in upon me, mellon. I fear if I do not die upon this journey, I may have to end this myself." she looked into Awennen's eyes. The maiden was older than her, and she felt younger still sitting here crying infront of her. She swallowed deeply, and rested her head on her knees again.
"My only love has died. He and my closest friends left to find a place for us all to live in harmony, away from the bustle of Imladris. The voices..." Zuleika stopped, her voice crisp upon the tense air. "They had left me behind, alone. Always so alone.."
Zuleika gazed into space, her eyes glazing over. She had so many memories, and none seemed happy. She sighed.
"Ai, what a life I have led." a tear crept down her cheek. "It seems so wrong for me to be here, away and enjoying myself, when he has..." she stopped, and tried to shake away her sadness.
"There are other times to grieve. Are we to depart?" She asked Awennen, trying to put her weakness behind her.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2007 10:09
Awennen understood her sadness very easily. She had felt the same pain once.
"I know, mellon. I lost my love too, but I have a feeling that was what the Valar wanted. If I was to wed then I would never have thought of leaving with the fellowship. And maybe I would have already left to the West." Awennen whispered sadly.

Awennen sighed sadly. "I cannot love again, but you are young, love may come more easily for you." She said with a light smile.

Then she helped her stand to her feet.
"I do not think we are departing yet, but I am not sure. Come, we can return to them." Awennen said kindly.
She brushed back her hair and began walking with Zuleika to the rest of the group.

They came back just in time to watch the end of the scene between Amarthiel and Narfaroth. He was sent into the mallorn tree and Amarthiel was fuming with anger.

"By the Valar I have never seen such anger in one as pretty as yourself Amarthiel." Awennen said with a smirk.
Her light steps made no sound.
"I do not know you well, but I think your brother has done some offense to upset you like this." Awennen said, she quickly braided her silvery hair, ready to leave when everyone else was.

"But I came to ask about the time when we will leave. For that I am not certain." Awennen asked. She looked from Legolas to Amarthiel to Aragorn.
"I will return once you have spoken amongst yourseves." Awennen with a graceful bow of her head.

Then she climbed up the tree and saw Narfaroth sitting in the corner. She grabbed her pack and made sure she had everything she would need.
"It's not wise to test your sister, especially now. I have never seen her like this, even in the short time we have traveled together." Awennen said.

Then she sat down. "So, what exactly did you do to deserve this treatment?" Awennen asked. She watched his face with her piercing blue eyes.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2007 10:22
Narfaroth looked at Awennen, staring equally piercingly at her. "Well Awennen, I believe I came to see what was going on and I saw many Elves running toward that direction, then I saw the orcs. I thought perhaps I could help even though I am not as skilled as Amarthiel in warfare. Suprising to most I am a very skilled healer," he said with a grin, noting her reaction to the words.

"I know the look, many give it to me when they learn. They think she is the healer and I am the warrior, given to my, ah, laid back appearance. Well, she saw me and became angry at me, telling I had no business there. I said somethnig to her, she told me to kiss an orc and bade me to retreat up here before she cause harm. She did so anyway when I said somethnig else. That is all," he added calmly, sitting back with his hands folded behind his head.

Amarthiel looked to Aragorn questioningly. "Well, when are we to leave and continue? We have much ground to cover and less time to do it in. I need to rest for a bit, Narfaroth has tried my patience one too many times this day," she said softly.

"Well, my dear sister, you needn't worry any longer about me. I am going to change my ways ,I promise," Narfaroth said, slightly smirking.

Amarthiel glared coldly at him with her intense violet eyes. "Narfaroth, I am warnnig you, I rather like becoming angry, it helps me get more done so to speak. Do not push me any longer, you may end up on the receiving end," she said quietly, her eyes flashing with warning.

She took a deep breath and let it out smoothly. She turned to Aragorn and smiled faintly, her face loosening of the anger and annoyance her brother caused. Now she was pleasant again, but her face was unreadable, only her eyes held the mirth and pleasantness.

"Aragorn, it is your choice, you are the leader of us now. It is in your hands, so you can decide when we leave. Besides, I do believe having a Ranger lead us is the next best thing to Gandalf," she said with a smile, the anger now gone completely from her face.
michele
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2007 05:10
Eluvaethor couldn't help but smile at the quarrel between the sibling elves. It reminded him of his own older brother, Meneldor. Meneldor was always trying to keep Eluvaethor on the straight and narrow, so to speak, but the younger elf's free-flying spirit wouldn't allow for it. Eluvathor missed his brother who had been sent out to scout near Rohan. He cringed to think what Meneldor would say when he recieved word that his brother was leaving Lorien, but Eluvaethor felt stifled. He wanted to get out in the world.

Awennen greeted Eluvaethor with a nod and he returned to gesture. She seemed a lttle distracted and left again. But she came back soon with another elf-maiden, who looked terribly sad. Eluvaethor's heart went out to her.

He was suddenly distracted by Amarthiel threatening her brother again. Both Aragorn and Legolas looked highly amused. If nothing else, Eluvaethor thought, at least is travellng companions were interesting enough.

" I think we will spend one more night and set out tomorrow," replied Aragorn, his face becoming grim again. " I will go tell Frodo and the others." He turned on his heel and headed back up into the trees to the flets, where the rest of the Fellowship were resting.

Eluvathor watched him go, then looked up to where Narfaroth sat in the tree. "Narfaroth, do you care to join me for a little sparring practice?" he called, gesturing to his quarterstaff.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2007 05:35
Awennen smiled, she was very amused by Narfaroth, she couldn't help it. She made her way down gracefully and stood besude Amarthiel.

When she heard what Aragorn planned to do, she nodded. She knew this would be her last time seeing the Golden Wood.
She sighed sadly, why did good things have to come to an end?

When she heard Eluvaethor challenge Narfaroth she smiled, she remembered sparring with her brother and him teaching her how to use a blade and a bow when they were young.
She would have to watch them.

But then she wondered if Narfaroth would even accept. Amarthiel had obviously stated that he could not fight.
Awennen decided to walk around instead, maybe she would return and watch the fighting later.

After wandering for about an hour she came to a hill covered with elanor flowers.
Awennen sat on the crest of the hill and watched the clouds move through the sky and the sun shine on the golden leaves.

This would never be the same once they left. Darkness was coming, in fact it had already come. Lorien had just been attacked by the foul orcs, what would stop them from coming again?

At that moment Awennen wished she could stay again, and defend Lorien until she fell or the woods fell.
No, it wouldn't happen. Her fate was intertwined with the fate of the people she was traveling with.

Then she thought of Zuleika. She was so young and already she had lost one she loved. It was hurtful to think about.
"Curse you beasts of Sauron, destroying any happiness you can get your bloody hands on!" Awennen said in a low, menacing voice.

Awennen's heart was on fire, on fire and wanting to do what she could to destroy the beasts and aid in destroying Sauron.
"It's the least I can do." Awennen whispered, the fire in her eyes had disapated and now she looked like the same calm maiden she usually was.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2007 02:31
Amarthiel looked to Narfaroth and Eluvaethor, curious as to how her brother would respond. Narfaroth looked amused, his slight smirk visible and his eyes glinting with curiosity.

"No, no Eluvaethor, I think not. Perhaps at another time, I have, other things to do at the moment," he said, indicating to a vague direction by which he intended to walk in.

"But perhaps Amarthiel would like to spar with you. She tneds to like doring such things, I find them slightly boring. She may if you ask nicely," he said with a wink, then walknig away.

Amarthiel felt herself bristle but said nothing, only her stiff form and smoldering eyes betrayed her. Narfaroth stopped at a tree, looking around with a slightly impressed look on his face. Amarthiel looked at Aragorn and Legolas, both of them looking slightly amused.

"Oh yes, I think that would be worth watchnig Amarthiel. If it alright with Eluvaethor, and if you two do not mind an audience, I would like to watch," Legolas said, his smile teasing and his eyes holding a mirthful exhuberance.

She glared daggers at him but said nothing still, waiting for Eluvaethors response. She was ready to spar, she did need desperately to vent her anger. She looked around.

"If it is all the same, I think I may go and shoot my bow. This usless banter is getting a little old you know. I can fight as well as any other, you know this," she said coldly before walking away.

She found a target and pulled her bow dree, knocking an arrow almost faster than the eyes could follow and let it loose, watchnig it speed to the target and connect with a thud. She had hit the center, her intended target.

She heard someone approach but said nothnig, instead loosing another arrow into the target with a dull thud that filled the small glen she was in. She listened, whoever it was seemed not ready to leave just yet. She sighed, her annoyance visible. She let loose another arrow, this time missing her target, her conentration lost thinking about the intruder on her calm anger filled practice.

She put her bow down and retrieved her arrows, placing them back in the quiver. She took her sword out and sat on a rock, removing her daggers, knives, and a cloth to clean the exensive collection in front of her.
michele
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2007 01:09
Eluvaethor followed Amarthiel, making enough noise so as to let her know that he wasn't spying on her.

She loosed a few arrows at a tree, proving her skill. However, her mind was clearly not completely focused on the task at hand, because she missed the final shot.

She collected the arrows that were embedded in the tree's trunk, then laid all her weapons out before her, preparing to clean them.

Eluvaethor sat down beside her, his face now serious. "Whay are you so angry, my lady? I mean this with all due respect; the fury eminates from you as heat from a flame. What troubles you so?" He kept his voice low and sincere, letting her know that anything said now, would be kept silently with him alone.

The glade around them seemed to breathe peace and tranquility. The tiny golden leaves fluttered down from the mighty branches of the Mallorns and settled on the floor. The calm was decieving, as though it wouldn't dare betray the truth that the world was in unrest.
He awaited her reply.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2007 11:15
Amarthiel pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear, turning to face him with piercing violet eyes. She sighed and carefully weighed her words, thinking of how to tell him.

"Well, Narfaroth for starters has bullied me and tortured me since birth practically. I suppose it comes with being the younger and supposedly the weaker, though that is not the case with us. He simply pushed me too far with those remarks and it angered me. I never get that angry Eluvaethor, ever," she put emphasis on her last word.

Amarthiel sighed and picked up her sword, wiping it down and checking for nicks. She did the same with her knives and dagger. It took her little time to take care of them and get them put back.

"I am afraid that one day I am going to do something I will regret and that will upset my parents dearly. He is the favoured one in our family because he is a healer like my mother. He takes after her the most, my father is proud of me but more so of Narfaroth," she said bitterly.

"I am constantly put to his standards and being told I could do more to be like him. Like I want to walk around with an ego the size of Harad and constantly put others down. I would rather help those who need it and protect the ones I value with my life,' she said, her tone sad.

She leaned back and placed her hands behind her head, looking up at the night sky. She watched th stars for a moment, then turned back to Eluvaethor. She looked at him carefully, measuring him in her eyes to make sure if he would tell anyone. She decided to trust him, she could se no deceit in his eyes.

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2007 01:20
Darkness began falling when Awennen returned. She felt tired now, she had been wandering through the woods all day.
When she walked back to where the fellowship resided she climbed half way up the tree then sat on a lone tree branch covered with many golden leaves and it covered her and she felt glad to be unseen from below.

She sighed as she breathed the fresh air, and she saw the stars of Varda and smiled. Then she thought of her big brother feasting with the Valar in the land beyond.
"I can't even imagine how joyful you must be." She whispered happily.

Then one leg dangled from the branch and one leg she gripped with her hand. She laid her head against the tree and soon her blue eyes closed and dreams came into her mind.

She knew tomorrow they would leave, and for some reason she was now dreading it more than ever. She would never see Lorien again, and it had always been her favorite place to come for peace and relaxation.

Imladris had been her home, yes, and that was a place of peace also, but Lorien had been a refuge from councillors and sometimes even her brother, but she would never see it again.

"Ai, my favorite land. An elven land so fair, and yet one my eyes won't see again."She whispered as she woke slightly.
Then she fell back into dreams again, and did not wake until morning.
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2007 05:10
Zuleika went to sit. Zuleika had not said anything to anyone since she had spoken to Awennen, and she had no intention of changing that. She had not seen Bellethiel since she had left her to sit with her sorrow. She had seen her world fall down around her recently, and it seemed as if there was no escape. She went back to the foot of the tree where she had sat when she had spoken to Bellethiel the forst time. The she-elf had gone, probably to let go of her anger. Zuleika sat down, and put her head on her knees, allowing her long brown hair to collapse around her and shield her face from prying eyes. She wanted to cry, and she didn't want to become a spectacle in doing so. She thought about what Awennen had said, and silently wondered if she was right. There were many more worthy people out there, but none seemed to live up to the standard set by Cirundar. She closed her eyes, unable to cry anymore, and let herself dissapear into her memories.
She suddenly found herself among her friends. They were leaving soon, you could tell by thier faces, and her sister was even happy to see her; a sight Zuleika had not seen for a long time. She looked along the line of them, her face actually smiling through the heartache of seeing them again. She heard the sound of horses behind her, and she lit up at finding him...
"Cirundar!" She called, but he seemed unable to hear her. She ran toward him, her arms outstretched. She approached him, and the scenery changed. She was on a plain, the woods in the distance. From behind her, a shriek sounded, as her friends abandoned Cirundar, saving themselves. He fired another arrow at his coming enemies, his face full of concentration.
"Cirundar, come on!" Idrial called, her voice severe. "Leave them, they are not worth your time!"
Cirundar ran, trying to make his escape. Then, as Zuleika turned to look at her sister, his scream ran across the vast plain, making Zuleika turn. She saw him fall to the floor, his face full of despair.
"Idrial!" he called to her, though his voice was failing him. "Idrial! Get here! Save me from the dark! I must return!"
Zuleika looked up, but her sister had gone. She tried to pick Cirundar up, but her hands no longer worked. She screamed, and everything went black...
"Zuleika? Zuleika, mellon, are you well?"
Zuleika looked up, sweat clinging to her brow. Bellethiel's eyes met her own.
"It was Idrial, Bellethiel. You have kept the biggest detail from me!" Zuleika pulled on Bellethiel's arm. "You never told me that she left him there!"
"Zuleika...I.."
But Zuleika ran, tearing away at the trees. She had to get out of here, fast.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2007 05:23
(I hope you don't mind if Awennen sort of takes Zulieka under her wing.)

Awennen woke, her ears picked up a sound far off. She sighed, she knew who it was. Zuleika must have still been mourning for the loss of her love.

Awennen closed her eyes again, but she did not sleep. She tried to think of a way to help the girl. For some reason Awennen felt a connection with Zuleika.

Awennen eventually climbed down the tree. Dawn was just breaking through.
She smiled as she saw the golden rays. Then she tramped through the forest, trying to find Zuleika and she hoped the maiden would come with them so she would have a friend along the way.

Awennen eventually found her, she seemed tired after running a long way.
"Zuleika, mellon nin. You can talk to me about anything you know. I can feel pain eminating for you. You've been hurt again, mellon. Do you wish to speak about it?" Awennen asked. Her voice was soft and comforting.

She remained standing and she leaned against a tree. Her silver locks blew in the slight wind.
"I was hoping you would come with us when we leave today. I need to go with the fellowship and help them along the way, it's my fate. I hope you come with us, I feel that we could become fast friends Zuleika, but only if you wish to." Awennen said.

Then she watched her with her piercing gaze, but it was softer than usual.
"I am here for you friend." She said.
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2007 09:50
((Elfmaiden, do as you wish with Zuleika))
Zuleika could not cry anymore, her eyes had swollen, and her eyesight had become blurry.
She spotted Awennen come toward her, and lean against the tree ahead.
"I am here for you friend"

Zuleika looked up at these words. It had been so long since anyone had truly been there for her, except for Cirundar. Zuleika rose up from where she had been, and walked toward Awennen gently.
"I appreciate that, mellon." Zuleika forced a smile.
At this point, Bellethiel ran to Zuleika.
"Zuleika, I don't believe I have met your friend." Bellethiel shot a look at Awennen. It was not a dirty look, but it was a lok of jealousy and confusion.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2007 10:22
Awennen smirked when she saw the other maiden who was obviously a friend of Zuleika.
She could tell she was upset about something, and she wondered if this maiden thought she was taking her friend from her. She knew it was probably time to leave incase the maiden wanted to talk to Zuleika.

"If ever you need to speak about anything Zuleika, don't hesitate to come to me." Awennen said with a smile.
Then she stood and walked over to Zuleika and embraced her to show she meant her words of friendship.

Then she released her and walked on, but then she stopped and glanced back.

"If you wish to come with us Zuleika, you can meet me at the mallorn tree where we have been residing." Awennen said.
In her heart she hoped Zuleika was coming, because she wasn't friends with anyone else really.

Sure, Amarthiel was friendly and nice. The young hobbits were sweet and she was willing to help them and the men were good as well. And of course the Prince of Mirkwood, but Awennen did not know them as well as she would have liked. The person she knew the best in this group was Aragorn for they had resided in Imladris during the same time and they had been friends for that time.

Then Awennen walked off, she had to speak with Aragorn and Legolas about leaving.

When she got there she stood before them.
"Do we leave now Aragorn? Our time is short and we have resided here long enough. I fear the enemy is moving." Awennen said.

[Edited on 9/7/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
michele
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2007 05:12
Eluvaethor listened to Amarthiel as she poured her heart out to him. The depth of her sorrow was evident in her tone. When she finished speaking, she looked as him searchingly, her eyes as pools of purple light.

Eluvaethor stood up, and taking her hand, help Amarthiel to her feet. "Come with me," he said simply. He led her out from under the trees, to a clearing a distance away. There, he pointed up at a star, so bright that it made the other stars seem meagre in comparison. "Look! That is Earendil's Star, and as its light shines in the evening sky, so shines your courage." He turned and looked straight into her eyes. " Do not feel lesser than your brother, and anger for your family. You have great power and skill, and I feel that your time may yet come, when you shine above all others, as Earendil's star shines above all other stars tonight. Come, forget you woe, and let us go dine now."
He gave her hand a friendly tug, to encourage her to follow him.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2007 10:28
Amarthiel smiled slightly and followed him, suddenly realizing she had not eaten in three days.

"I think a meal would be nice, I have not eaten for three days. As for my brother, if only you could convince my parents," she said dryly. She then laughed quietly, thinking of her brother and parents.

She remembered Earendil's star, glad to see it again. She had not looked at them for so long and seeing them made her feel more comforted. As they walked she thought back through the years, friends lost, one friend she lost in the Last Alliance.

That had been a sore blow to her but she had not let it get to her. This caused her ire to rise at herself for allowing her brother to get to her so badly.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email