Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
Post New thread format for The Children of Hurin
on: July 05, 2007 03:19
Unlike the other books the Book Club has studied, We'd like to have an open forum for this book. The staff will still post some chapter questions, Masters of Mythology topics, Illustrations, and character analysis topics, but members should feel freee to start there own threads on topics they'd like to discuss, in the chapter currently under discussion, or any previous chapter.
This is a new book and the Book Forum staff ( especially me ) is not necessarily expert in organizing literature studies, so things should go better and be a lot more interesting if members feel free to add their own discussion topics or questions. All we'd ask is that any new thread be relevant to The Children of Hurin.

[Edited on 6/7/2007 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
Post RE: New thread format for The Children of Hurin
on: July 05, 2007 09:29
Good Idea PB! We'll all need to be careful not to get bogged down or wander off topic, though. If things move towards general discussion (Orcs, mortality etc) I'll look for a link to a Books Forum thread.

It shouldn't be too difficult if we remember to relate our comments to Hurin/Turin and their story. *rubs hands* I can hardly wait.
KaimelarFalmarin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2007 07:30
I'm officially pumped! And the even better news is that my classes will be over on July 20th, so I'll have infinite amounts of time to devote to reading... let's go!
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: August 01, 2007 02:22
Are there going to be chapter quotes discussions also?
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: August 02, 2007 12:05
I'll post a quote for each chapter, but anyone with an interesting quote they'd like to discuss should also feel free to post it iin a new thread.

[Edited on 2/8/2007 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
zefert1
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2007 03:47
sweet; how do I join; or is it no longer open?
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: September 04, 2007 11:42
You don't have to do anything special to join - just post in the discussion threads.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email