Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Passing Shadows. (see occ)
on: October 19, 2007 10:42
Raven watched Cyst saddly, he knew that the man was hurting bad. He wished that he could help. But he did not know what he could do. Raven was young, and he had never felt such loss as Cyst had.

Raven ran after Cyst, the man was wallowing in self pity, and despair. Raven knew only one way to maybe snap him out of it. He saw that the man was with his horse Drimbolt.

"We will not leave you alone. You have bene alone for far to long. Now, you can wallow in self pity all you like. But the truth is saving other people won't bring your family back. And running away won't either. I do not know what it is like to loose someone. But I do know that you are suffering needlessly. If you miss them so much you can join them at any time. But you've chosen to live, and so live you must. Do not hide in the shadows, it is to dark there. There is evil stirring in these lands. And we need people fighting side by side against it. Not alone against their own inner demons."

Raven turned and started to walk away, if Cyst wanted to think on his words he could. But he had to find things out for himself. Raven had few answers, only questions.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2007 05:19
Lilac had slept well that night, for she would need her energy this day. Alyon had come after the Council, and told everyone that he was going to follow the Fellowship. She had been rather amazed at his decision, but decided to go with him, for she had had no outlet for her energy.

She got up, dressed, and went outside. It was a cloudy day in the valley. She scurried inside, and got her pack, having almost forgotten it. She jogged around for a bit, trying to keep herself warm, before heading down for a bit of breakfast.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2007 05:42
Cyst turned and glared at Raven. "What do you know about my suffering? I am never alone, not as long as Drimbolt is by my side. And I do not need any other companions!" Cyst said angrily.

Essie stepped forward confidently. "No one likes being alone, unless you think you're the cause of their death and think you're a curse to everyone else." Essie hinted.

Cyst turned away, tears stung his eyes. "I'm not a curse, I'm just useless, and I want to prove that's not true." Cyst said. His voice had grown slightly softer.

Essie took another small step forward and put her hand on his arm.
"If you come with us you can help us and prove to everyone during this war that you are a wonderful warrior." Essie said.

Cyst didn't answer. He was thinking about this offer, but wasn't sure he wanted to take it. He hadn't had companions for so long.

Then Alyon walked in. "I'm glad to catch you altogether. I've already told Lilac, but we'll be leaving in a few hours to follow the Fellowship. Get your things ready if you wish to come." Alyon said. Then he walked out of the stables.

Essie looked up at Cyst again. "I hope you choose to come." She said.
Then she walked out of the stable to get her small bag.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2007 06:22
Raven looked at Cyst, seeming far older then his true age. "And what do you know of mine?" he said, "You aren't the only one out there who suffers. You at least had a family..." Raven shut his jaw tightly at these words, realizing that he'd let them slip.

"I'm glad to catch you altogether. I've already told Lilac, but we'll be leaving in a few hours to follow the Fellowship. Get your things ready if you wish to come."

Raven nodded, following Essie, he stopped and looked back at Cyst, "I'm sorry to get mad at you." He said in a small voice, "I know that it is your choice, and that you are hurting." With that appology made Raven slipped out of the barn and towards his room with Alyon to gather his things.

Raven didn't have much on a whole, but he took some changes of cloaths, and a book to read, he had little else but he took up a small mithril ring. In it was elegantly set a single emerald with leaves entwining around and all the way down the band. This was the only thing he had of his family. He didn't know its purpose, or its meaning, or who had left it to him. It was, indeed, the first time he had looked at it since recieving it.

Raven held the ring for a moment before slipping it on his finger and walking out the door, pack and everything in hand. He was waited then for Alyon to appear with instructions.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2007 06:09
OOC: Sorry about the delay. I've been busy.

Aranel walked towards the courtyard, near the gate. His horse was waiting for him there. The sky was overcast, and a sharp breeze whipped through the halls, snagging tapestries along the way.

He saddled his horse, and trotted out the gate. The leaves swayed with the wind. The clouds moved, and for a second the sun slitted through the branches, throwing swords of light across the path.

He heard scuttling sounds ahead. A clump of grass swayed. He stopped, and dismounted. He crept towards the sound. A rock arched out from the tall grass. "Gotcha!" A high voice rang out. The rock slammed into his forehead, and he lost conscienceness.

He woke to a gentle shaking. He opened his eyes. "Wha- wha happend?" His voice was weak. He finally became aware of his surroundings. He was staring into the honest young faces of two boys.

"Sorry about the rock, hir nin." The older of the two boys spoke. He became aware of a terrible headache he had. His memories trickled back. The rock, and the noises.

"It was nothing," he groaned, "Just work on your aim."

"We didn't mean to hurt you none! We were playing a game. I was hiding in the brush, you see. I heard you, and thinks, 'Must be him.'" He motioned at his counterpart. "I throws the rock as a warning, because it sounded likes you was far away. Apparently you was closer than I thought." he grinned wryly.

"Oh I'll live. You should get back to Imladris though."

"All right. Bye." They got up, and walked out of view.

He grabbed a tree branch, and hauled himself up. "Where's my horse?" he asked himself. He spotted it looking at him from where he had left it. He clambered up onto it. He groaned again.

He trotted off towards his destination.

Translation(s):
Hir nin = My lord..
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2007 03:43
Cyst looked at Raven when he became angry. He sighed. "Think nothing of it." He said just before Raven left.

Then he walked Drimbolt out of the stables. He watched as Alyon and the others prepared to leave. "I have a strange feeling that even if I leave apart from them, I'll end up back with them anyway." He said.

Then he mounted and trotted over to them. "If you'll still have me, I'll join you." He said.

Alyon looked up and smiled. "You are welcome to join us Cyst." He said. Essie smiled, she was glad he would be coming.

"Well, come on. If you've got everything then we had best head out." Alyon said. Essie wondered what would happen on the journey, and she couldn't help but be a little afraid. She had never been so far from Buckland in her whole life.

Suddenly she began wondering how her family was doing. All her siblings, and her mother and father. She wondered if they were sad that she was missing. Essie wiped away a stray tear. She was beginning to miss home.

Cyst noticed this and wondered how long she had been away from home. "Essie, don't worry, I'll make sure nothing happens to you so that once this journey is done, you'll go home safely." He said.

Essie looked a little surprised, but smiled and nodded. "Thank you, Cyst." She said. Then without anymore conversation they began their journey.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2007 05:31
Raven rode with them in thoughtful silence. He was horrified that he had snapped at Cyst. This wasn't like him at all. Had one little knife wound changed him so much? Probably. It was the only explanation.

He wished that he had been the one to comfort Essie, but evidantly Cyst was showing some friendship towards the young hobbit. He had to smile at that, glad that the man was warming to the cheerful little hobbit-lass. She had an amazing affect on people, this much he had derived since their meeting.

He did have to wonder where he would have ended up had he not met Essie. Nearby Tuillin chirped as if the little bird had read his thoughts. Raven smiled, I'd be just like Tuillin there, flitting about with not a care in the world...and now all that has changed. I do care.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2007 05:43
Lilac was happy to be leaving. Not that Rivendell wasn't a nice place, 'cause it was, but because of the lack of anything to do. She had felt a little bored, even. She had no interest in book, in tales of the long deceased. She needed room to run.

She was with their little follow-the-fellowship, getting ready to go. At least this time she got to ride. The elves happened to have an extra pony, which all of them were too large to ride.

Aranel had left early that morn, before the sunrise. He was headed towards the towns near Isengard, to warn them of the danger. He would then travel to Loth lorien to deliver a message.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email