Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Celethor
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hunter in the Dark. (Open, vets welcome. See OOC first)
on: October 04, 2007 03:42
There are many tales within the land of Middle Earth. Some joyful, others sorrowful, yet each with its own heroes. Some heroes are born, while others are made. There are even heroes which do not wish to be heroes at all. It is this last kind that this tale is about.

Celethor Aerindir was grim soul, filled with grief and cold vengeance. Yet he would not allow his hate to fill him nor his grief to consume him. He was of stouter mind than that. But his hate whetted his blade and his grief made him fire his arrows all the more swiftly. Far and wide were his travels and many a tale can be told of just that alone.

This tale begins the merry home of Elrond and his valley of Rivendell.

---------------------------------------------
"The letters have been sent out and several of the Fellowship are on their way. The supplies should be sufficient for what you desire to do.Are you sure you want to do this, Celethor?Moria has been unexplored for a reason. Dark things hide within its halls." said a elvish scribe to a tall grim elf.

He looked at the grim elf and saw nothing but his piercing stare. The answer was clear.
"Ahem, yes well I do wish you luck. You are one of Master Elrond's swiftest scouts and he would be sad to lose you."

The grim elf nodded and spoke, "Thank you, Ithalos. Your concern is noted and that of a good friend. I am sorrowful that you will not join your fellows on this trip, but I know you have your duties here."

The scribe nodded as well and walked away. He turned just before he went around the corner and said, "The others shall arrive soon. You should be ready to leave within the day and those who are not here will have to catch up. Some will do join on the way as they are closer to the mountains. Come back alive though, Celethor. We will miss you until you return safe and hale."

Celethor bowed slightly and walked over to a fire burning merrily in the hearth. He stared into it, seeing images from his past, orcs, burning, the snow stained with blood. He knew not what would await him in Moria, but his heart was set and his will iron and resolute. Now all that awaited was the mustering of the Frostarrow Fellowship.

(OOC: Join here. Will move the story along after 2-3 people have joined and spoken. You may still join until the mountains are reached and then the group is set until the completion of the Moria chapter. Also feel free to mention in OOC anything to make ths more readable! *I have trouble with walls of text*)

[Edited on 5/10/2007 by Celethor]
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
Post RE: Hunter in the Dark. (Open, vets welcome. See OOC first)
on: October 06, 2007 01:07
As soon as he heard that a fellowship was being gathered to re-enter Khazad-Dum, Thekk approached his uncle and suggested that he be the representative (or at least one of them) of the Rightful owners, Durin's people. Dain immediately agreed to his request. He packed his weapons, maps and some cram and was off early the next morning.

He was sure that this visit to 'Moria' as it was known to the Elves, would yield far more than the tragically planned resettlement attempted by Balin.The orcs were now greatly dimiinshed in numbers and Gandalf had seen to it that Durin's Bane was no longer a threat. His role, as Dain had explained to him, was firstly to help this fellowship with their exploration of the caverns, but also to make sure that everyone knew that Durin's people still considered Kazad-Dum to be theirs and that they would be resettling it as soon as their, slowly increasing, numbers warranted it.
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: October 07, 2007 03:13
Day after day, Falin-the-Dwarf had plodded steadily Eastward toward the legendary Realm of Rivendell. About Elves (in general) he was 'wary'... but Falin was young enough (or so it had seemed) for that not to be an 'issue' with those who had chosen him to go there.

And, he'd been *quite* excited about it... a new fellowship to reopen Moria, and he (Falin!) was to be a part of it!

What they would find there, he didn't know, and the young Dwarf found himself musing on who else might be joining. Elves? Humans? - Other Dwarves, certainly, he thought. - But, he'd find out soon-enough, Falin thought, and as he headed down the steep path leading toward the legendary Last Homely House, his brown eyes glanced around himself keenly - on the lookout for whoever was appointed to meet him...
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Celethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2007 08:41
Celethor noticed a dwarf coming into the valley. He walked out to meet the dwarf; hailed him solemnly and beckoned him inside and to the fire. When the dwarf, who introduced himself as Falin, was comfortable, Celethor pulled out his pipe and began to smoke. "You are aware of my...our...mission?" He asked Falin.

OOC:did I godmode in the original post? If I did, sorry and thanks for the edit PB
[Edited on 11/10/2007 by PotbellyHairyfoot]

[Edited on 12/10/2007 by Celethor]
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: October 11, 2007 02:08
Thekk travelled by his usual route, North of the great woods, and the south to ford the Anduin at the Carrock. He then joined the Old Foret Road and followed it through the Passes of the Misty Mountains.
On this journey, at each rest stop he looked over the maps and plans he had been given. Although he had been born long after his people abandoned Khazad-Dum, he wanted to familiarize himself with his true ancestral home.
At last, after many weeks of rather uneventful travel , on a warm sunny afternoon, he entered the fair valley of Rivendel. He quickly explained on this journey that he was not merely passing through on his way East, but was here, as Dain's representative to join the Fellowship proposed by Celethor.
he was directed to a sitting room, and when he entered, he found himself in the presence of an elf, and an unfamiliar Dwarf.
He bowed an introduced himself;' How do you do? I am Thekk, sister son of King Dain, and I have come here as his representative, to join your Fellowship.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 12, 2007 06:17
(( Okay, since Celethor wanted a Human Captain, I'm intro'ing one. Aervon's in the database. ))

Finally making his way down the last stretch of the path, Falin’s eyes beheld the ‘wonder’ of the ancient Realm of Rivendell. The buildings… the gardens… and a few elves silently making their way to various places on whatever ‘tasks’ they might have.

But, as he reached (and began to climb) the steps, the young Dwarf saw an elf coming out to greet him. He was tall… but then, anyone *other* than another of his own kind would be so to Falin, of course, and with a polite bow, “Falin,” he said, introducing himself.

Falin then followed the elf - dark-haired, and with blue eyes, he noted - into the Last Homely House and into a room with a pleasantly-warm fire. The chair was a bit ‘large’ for the diminutive Dwarf, but he managed to get comfortable, and then waited for his ’host’ (if the elf could be called that) to speak.
Celethor pulled out his pipe and began to smoke. "You are aware of my...our...mission?" He asked Falin.

Nodding, “I am,” Falin replied, and puffed out his chest slightly. “I was picked to join it,” he went on, with understandable pride in himself.

Just then there was a polite knock on the door, and Falin turned to see another Dwarf coming inside.
He bowed an introduced himself;' How do you do? I am Thekk, sister son of King Dain, and I have come here as his representative, to join your Fellowship.

A bit ‘awed’ by Thekk’s bloodline, Falin rose to greet Thekk.

“Falin, of the Blue Mountains,” he stated. - And, to the elf, “How many are to be in this Fellowship?” the younger Dwarf inquired. “And, when do you plan for us to leave?”

He was ‘curious’, Falin was… perhaps it was his youth… for the Dwarf could tell (by the length of Thekk’s beard that he was *much* older), but Falin didn’t care. He was ‘excited’ to be a part of this, make no mistake about it!

If he’d but known it, in the wake of two Dwarfs, Aervon of Gondor guided his strawberry-roan stallion down the path into Rivendell. A Captain in the Army, upon being told of a venture into Moria, the man couldn’t resist offering to join in.

Something ‘different’ it would be, Aervon thought, and so had made his way from the White City to Rivendell for just that purpose.

Turning his mount (named Alfar) over to an elf who greeted him, upon stating his purpose, the man was taken to a room wherein were two Dwarfs and a tall, dark-haired Elf. Nodding a greeting, “Aervon of Gondor,” he gave his name and place of birth, and flicked a lock of long, blond hair back from his shoulder. Falin then made introductions (whether or not it was his ’place’ to), to which Aervon again nodded politely.

Turning to the elf, his blue eyes steadily meeting those Celethor‘s, “You are the leader of this ‘fellowship’?” the Human inquired, and seated himself in a sturdy chair by the fire...
Celethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2007 08:26
Celethor turned to the newcomer, Thekk and answered his question. "There will be in the Fellowship....enough to finish the task." As he spoke, another newcomer entered, a human this time. He had the air of a captain and his horse was a fine one indeed, though it had a Gondorian look instead of the usuall Rohhirric."Welcome to Rivendell....I am the head of this....Fellowship." He finished in his usual grim manner.
Gregwymor
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2007 10:52
Araglar Telcontar sat, puffing on his pipe while waiting for the fish that he had caught to be cooked. He grinned at his pet hawk, thinking about how great of a hunting companion he made; even if they could not speak to each other, they could still read each other's actions. He examined his dark armor that he had worn while hunting to see if they needed any repairs. He then counted the number of arrow in his quiver. "Hmm...one short...," he frowned. Satisfied with the condition of his equipment, he removed it and laid it on the ground. Araglar sighed as a cool breeze blew through his clothing, cooling his body. He then noticed that the fish were almost done.

After finishing his meal and giving his pet the left overs, he laid down on the ground. Araglar looked up into the starry night, the Misty Mountains rose up to his right and the River Loudwater to his left. Rivendell was just another day away. "I wonder why that elf needs me anyways," he wondered aloud. After pondering the question for a few moments he fell asleep.

The next morning, he awoke and prepared himself for the journey into Rivendell. He smiled as his thoughts drifted to his mother and sister. "I wonder what they're up to," he said aloud. Soon after he had strapped on his armor and weapons, his hawk landed on his shoulder. "You're ready to get this over with too, aren't you?" Araglar chuckled, knowing that the bird couldn't understand him. After making a few last minute check on his equipment and a breakfast consisting of only a few pieces of bread, he began his trek towards the elven city of Rivendell. He was happy to be so close to such a city, it meant that he wouldn't have to worry about a band of goblins coming down upon him to steal what little fortunes he had. However, he could not shake the feeling that someone was following him.

[Edited on 14/10/2007 by Gregwymor]
katyah
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2007 05:09
Glendalind stood hunched behind a tree watching her brother, Araglar cook some fish. She was proud that all of the years of tracking and hunting she had learned from her brother had paid off, though; she never thought she’d be using her skills to track him. She licked her lips as the scent of the fish drifted to her hiding place. Sure that she was properly obscured by the night and shadows of the forest, she plopped herself down on the ground and began going through her pack. “Hmm…not much left..” She muttered to herself, holding up a small piece of stale bread, a few berries she had found earlier, and a small piece of dried meat. Sighing, she began to eat her small meal. After eating, she peeked her head out to check on her brother.

After finishing his meal and giving his pet the left overs, he laid down on the ground. Araglar looked up into the starry night, the Misty Mountains rose up to his right and the River Loudwater to his left. Rivendell was just another day away. "I wonder why that elf needs me anyways," he wondered aloud. After pondering the question for a few moments he fell asleep.

Glendalind smiled as she thought about the events that lead her here. When Araglar announced to his family that he would be venturing to Rivendell, Glendalind decided that she would go, too not only to protect and assist him, but she wanted to see the city of the elves. She knew Araglar would not want her to go since she would be endangered, so she set out the day after he left. Tomorrow, to her great relief, she could finally reveal herself to him. At this point, he wouldn’t turn her away. She leaned against the tree to her back and placed her right hand on the dagger at her hip, as she stared up at the sky through the boughs and drifted off to sleep. Her quiver and bow lie next to her pack on the ground.

The next morning, upon waking she realized her brother had already left. Gathering her things, she followed him slowly and had caught up to him by mid-afternoon. Glendalind ran with heavy steps towards her brother, a big grin on her face.
Gregwymor
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2007 10:13
Upon hearing the sound heavy footsteps, Araglar spun around, sword drawn and ready. His hawk took flight and began to circle Araglar as it was trained to do. However, Araglar quickly sheathed his sword and his hawk landed once more on his shoulder, as he saw that his sister was approaching him. He knew that someone was trailing him, but he did not expect to see his sister.

After recovering from the surprise, he smiled. He figured that she wanted to come along and should have expected to see her sooner or later. "Glendalind, it's good to see you," Araglar said, still smiling. "Are you the one who's been trailing me this whole time?"
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 18, 2007 04:59
His cloak hood kept the early morning sun from his eyes as he passed into the dell in which Imladris resided. From his vantage, the man could see the elven city in the distance. His journey from Minas Tirith had been hard. One could tell from the lines that creased his eyes that had not been there before. They made him seem older than he was, though he was not old at all, not in the measure of elf or man. He was muscular, but not heavy. He was Gondorian by birth and lineage, one could tell from the way he held himself. His movements were deliberate, not hasty. Aeron was his name, and he had been a companion of the one called Faramir prior to his leaving. He had left to travel to Imladris to seek counsel with Lord Elrond.

He reined in his dark bay and surveyed the valley below. Rain (for a more imaginative name was against his nature) whickered and pawed the ground anxiously, impatient to move. "Easy, friend," Aeron muttered gruffly, steadying his horse with gentle hands. "'Tis but a moment you have to wait." Rain snorted and shifted his weight from hindquarter to hindquarter.

The serene atmosphere of the forest struck Aeron. Strange, he thought. But not too strange. Perhaps it is the influence of the elven kind that causes it to be so. Hardly a breeze disturbed the verdant canopies of the trees. There was no sound, not the humming of a dragonfly or the buzzing of a bee.

Aeron began his descent into the valley. Nudging his heels against Rain's flanks, Aeron urged his horse down the slopes. Rain tossed his head, causing the metal on his bridle to jingle, and broke into a trot. At the trough of the hill, the stallion moved into a steady canter, a one-two-three, one-two-three, one-two-three cadence.

------------------------------------------

Around midnight, they broke through the tree cover and encountered the hushing sound of a distant waterfall. It was quiet, with the only lights coming from candles in windows and the pale light of the waning crescent moon.

"Who goes there?" demanded a voice.

"A friend from Gondor who seeks counsel from Lord Elrond," Aeron replied vaguely.

"In these troubled times?" the male voice inquired. In the light of a lantern, a pale fair face emerged.

"Troubled times indeed."

"What are you called, friend?"

"Aeron, son of Ilrem. I am lately of Minas Tirith," he replied, dismounting and trying to discern the face of the elf.

"Welcome. I am Daelang, advisor to Lord Elrond. Come with me, and he will see you in the morning."

Aeron followed Daelang blindly, and as he lay upon a soft bed, the past worries of the last few months left him. In the morning, he would consult Elrond, but now, he would sleep.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: October 19, 2007 12:30
During their discussions, Thekk showed Celethor the maps plans and diagrams he had brought with him.
He explained; 'These maps and plans are not complete, as the new tunnels that led down to where Durin's Bane was found were not mapped before our people fled. Also many of our maps, especially of the oldest areas , were not needed and were stored inthe Great Hall. They are still there, unless the Orcs have found the hidden door to our scroll room.'
'Through me, Dain has given this Fellowship permission to explore all of the caverns and halls, provided that we do not disturb the dead, and the fellowship remembers that the caverns and Halls are still considered Ours, and that we will resttle them once our population permits.'

After the discussion with Celethor was over, Thekk took Falin aside and explained that the two of them, as representatives of their people , would be expected to make sure that Dain's instructions were followed. He then switched to Dwarvish explained the plans that Dain had wanted kept secret. 'Falin of the Blue Mountains, Dain wishes us to discretely search the lower , unmapped, caverns for evidence of Mithril. If we find some proof that Mithril can still be mined here, we are to secretly exit the East gate, where a small company of Dwarves will be waiting. Most will head to the lower caverns to secure the Mithril, and the rest will return to the Iron Hills to advise Dain who must then decide if we will immediately resettle our ancestral home.
Now,my new friend, let us join the others and act as though we are under no special instructions'

[Edited on 19/10/2007 by PotbellyHairyfoot]

[Edited on 24/10/2007 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 20, 2007 05:07
Out of curiosity, Falin had inquired of Celethor how many would be joining his new 'fellowship', but was a bit disconcerted by the elf's reply.
"There will be in the Fellowship....enough to finish the task." As he spoke, another newcomer entered, a human this time.

'Enough'? the young Dwarf wondered what *that* meant, but then a Human man entered the room.

Aervon, hearing those words too, merely addressed the elf - asking if it was he who would be leading...
"Welcome to Rivendell....I am the head of this....Fellowship." He finished in his usual grim manner.

Nodding in reply, "I am Aervon of Gondor," the man introduced himself to the three within, adding, "Come to join you."

For some time after there was a discussion, and both Aervon and Falin were quite interested in the maps that Thekk produced.
He explained; 'These maps and plans are not complete, as the new tunnels that led down to where Durin's Bane was found were not mapped before our people fled. Also many of our maps, especially of the oldest areas , were not needed and were stored inthe Great Hall. They are still there, unless the Orcs have found the hidden door to our scroll room.'

'Through me, Dain has given this Fellowship permission to explore all of the caverns and halls, provided that we do not disturb the dead, and the fellowship remembers that the caverns and Halls are still considered Ours, and that we will resttle them once our population permits.'

Looking at Thekk, "Those are reasonable requests, I think," Aervon nodded, and then raised an eyebrow in question to the elf. "Do you object to them, Celethor?" the Gondorian asked - since the other was their leader.
After the discussion with Celethor was over, Thekk took Falin aside and explained that the two of them, as representatives of their people , would be expected to make sure that Dain's instructions were followed. he then explained the plans that Dain had wanted kept secret. 'Falin of the Blue Mountains, Dain wishes us to discretely search the lower , unmapped, caverns for evidence of Mithril. If we find some proof that Mithril can still be mined here, we are to secretly exit the East gate, where a small company of Dwarves will be waiting. Most will head to the lower caverns to secure the Mithril, and the rest will return to the Iron Hills to advise Dain who must then decide if we will immediately resettle our ancestral home.
Now,my new friend, let us join the others and act as though we are under no special instructions'

If Falin had been in 'awe' of Thekk before, to have been drawn aside and told of the older Dwarf's 'special instructions', was... well... Falin felt 'proud', and quite eagerly agreed to keep Thekk's confidence to himself.

But, Dwarves were miners, and that there might still be Mithril in the caverns of Moria was an exciting prospect for Falin, as he composed his face into an expression of 'grumpiness' and turned back to rejoin Celethor and Captain Aervon.

While the two Dwarves were quietly talking, Aervon addressed the elf. "Have you decided when we will be leaving for Moria? he asked. "Is everyone you're planning to have join us to meet us here? - Or, will we meet them along the way?"

It was no matter to Aervon which it might be... but as a Captain, he liked to have as much information about his assignments as possible before heading out. It made planning a much easier thing.

When the two Dwarves rejoined them, "'Tis nearly time for the evening meal - isn't it?" Aervon inquired of their host. "Dinner and a good night's rest would serve us all well - don't you think?"
Celethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2007 01:50
"Yes, we shall dine tonight." said Celethor, "But there is one more who will join us here in Rivendell. I believe he arrived tonight and is asleep at the moment. We shall set out in the morning, so I suggest you eat heartily and be well rested by morn." Celethor did not tell the others that this new member was known to him only through a flash of foresight. No need to foist his strange ability on his newfound allies.....no need at all. Celethor of course was interested in the conversation between the dwarves, did they always forget elves had keen ears? But it was of no matter. Celethor had one thing he must recover from Moria, and then the dwarves were free to it. Nay, he would help them settle Moria. But not until it was returned to him, his most prized possession....

((Forgive me for not posting lately, been busy))
katyah
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2007 12:46
After recovering from the surprise, he smiled. He figured that she wanted to come along and should have expected to see her sooner or later. "Glendalind, it's good to see you," Araglar said, still smiling. "Are you the one who's been trailing me this whole time?"

Glendalind smiled and hopped forward embracing her brother in a warm hug. "Indeed. I shouldn't think I was that easily detected." The crunching of the forest floor could be heard underfoot as she and her brother continued their journey to Rivendell. "So, how close are we? You know I've never been this far from home."
Gregwymor
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2007 08:09
Araglar returned his sister's hug and grinned. "Well, my dear sister, We are only half a days walk form the beautiful city of Rivendale." He kept his grin as the two walked towards their destination. Araglar then glanced at Glendalind, his grin disappearing. "So, why did you follow me?"
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 30, 2007 04:58
About an hour before dawn, Aeron awoke from a deep slumber. The pale moonlight cast an eerie glow on the ornate ceiling. This room was spacious, when compared with the tavern rooms that he had frequented prior to his arrival in Imladris. He stumbled out of bed sleepily and made his way to a jug of water and a glass bowl. He washed his face, and as he was drying his face, a knock sounded at his door. Aeron wiped his face with a cloth and turned to answer the door.

Daelang was on the threshold, and his face broke into a grin. "Good morning, friend," he said, handing Aeron his haversack and sheath with his weapons. "I have spoken with Lord Elrond on your behalf, but"-his face fell-"he will not see you today. He says he knows that you wish to speak with him about where your services as a tracker would be needed."

Aeron nodded, not surprised. He had heard of the elven lord's gift of prophecy, or foresight, or whatever it was it was called; there were so many names for that now. "What was his reply?"

"There is a fellowship being formed, and he emphasized that you would be a good asset to them. If you have any other questions, then ask me, and I will speak to him again."

Aeron considered him. "No, I have nothing else to ask. But tell me more about this 'fellowship'."

Daelang shrugged, his pale eyes clouded with some faraway thought. "I know not much about these members, but the ones that you would want to seek out are either Celethor or Aervon."

Aeron thanked Daelang, and the elf left the room. Running a hand through his dark hair, Aeron sighed and packed his belongings. Closing the door to his room, he looked around for a likely place that either this Aervon or Celethor would dwell.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: October 31, 2007 12:36
After the evening meal Thekk made small talk with the other new arrivals, trying to guage them and their abilities. It seemed lie an interesting group, this Fellowship, but he would learn more of their abilities on the road.
He then went to the room that had been given to him, to compose his thoughts. Throughout his journey to Rivendel he had found himself to be both nervous an excited; nervous about the dangers and excited about the opportunity to revisit the ancestral home of his triibe. since being pushed from Khazad-Dum by the balrog, Durin's folk had struggled to survive, and each time they fund themselves on the brink of regaining their prosperity, tragedy would strike. Twce they had accumulated some wealth and been chased from it by Dragons, and then there was that devastating war with the Orcs. There had never been so few of them as at the end of that war. Though they seemed to be doing well right now, with Erebor, the iron Hills and their mines in the Blue Mountains, it seemd to Thekk that they lived and acted like a displaced people. They needed a true home!!
It was now up to Thekk, with the help of Falin to explore ther ancient home, and decide if the time was right for return. In a way , the future of his people rsted on his shoulders, and hat was sgrave responsibility. There was one question that he had been pondering, ever since meeting Celethor; why did this elf wish to explore Moria, an ancient set of caverns that had been , for many years, desecrated by Orcs? What was the real reason he wished to explore a place that his people didn't like to enter, even at the prime of It's history, in the Second Age, when the Elves and Dwarves were close neighbours and passge through the caverns was the shortest route between Eregion and Lothlorien.

'Bah' he said to himself, all this worry and nervousness would do him no good. He has agreed to act as Dain's representative, and that was that. He studied his maps, one last time, looking for places from which he and Falin could slip away and search for Mithril, and then retired for the night.

Sleep came easy but he awoke early, as excited as a Dwarf-lad at the prospect of setting off. He went to the room used by Falin, and woke his kinsman , saying; 'Come my young friend, let us head to the kitchens and join the others to break fast this day. This will be our last formal meal for a long time, so let us eat like Hobbits, and set off with full stomaches'.

gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 05, 2007 03:56
Aervon had noticed that all Celethor seemed to want to talk about had been discussed (for now, perhaps?), and so had inquired after the evening meal.
"Yes, we shall dine tonight." said Celethor, "But there is one more who will join us here in Rivendell. I believe he arrived tonight and is asleep at the moment. We shall set out in the morning, so I suggest you eat heartily and be well rested by morn."

Nodding his acceptance of that, Aervon and the two Dwarves followed the elf to the dining hall of Rivendell, and the Gondorian found the meal an excellent one. Then bidding his soon-to-be traveling companions a good evening, found someone to direct him to a room for the night.

His sleep was pleasant, and restful, and Aervon woke early the next morning - rather thinking that Celethor might appreciate him to be prepared to leave as soon as they’d eaten, made sure all his things were repacked before heading back down to the dining hall.

Along one of the corridors, the Gondorian Captain spotted a dark-haired, grey-eyed man who seemed to be looking up and down it as if searching for someone.

Pausing, and giving him a polite nod, “I’m Aervon, from Gondor,” he introduced himself. “May I ask your name? - Are you lost?” and as he waited for the other man to reply, wondered if this be the person Celethor had spoken of last evening…

After the evening meal, Falin was glad to head off to sleep… though the excitement of the planned journey and being part of this new ‘fellowship’ kept him awake longer than he’d wanted. - But, after the low-voiced conversation in their ‘own‘ Speech, the young Dwarf‘s mind was rife with the possibilities to come. - And, so it was (to his inner dismay) that Falin didn’t wake until he heard a banging on his door and Thekk’s voice calling him.
'Come my young friend, let us head to the kitchens and join the others to break fast this day. This will be our last formal meal for a long time, so let us eat like Hobbits, and set off with full stomaches'.

Grumping to himself for oversleeping, “I’m coming!” Falin called back, and after quickly dragging on his clothes and boots (not really ‘caring’ about his disordered hair and messily-braided beard), he was still blinking his eyes sleepily when he yanked the door open.

Yet, as he joined Thekk, “If the breakfast is as good as dinner, I’ll almost be sorry to leave Rivendell!” Falin commented in Dwarvish. But, switching to the Common Language of Middle Earth, “I wonder if the others are there yet,” he added, and his keen brown eyes looked eagerly for either the elf or the man as they entered the dining hall…
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email