Register

Author Topic:
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
Post Chapter quote VIa
on: October 09, 2007 12:22
When Turin rejoins the Gaurwaith, after killling Forweg;
'Then I deny your claim to come of the People of Hador,' said Turin. ' To Uldor the Accursed you belong rather, and should seek service with Angband. But hear me now!' he cried to them all.' These choices I give you. You must take me as your captain in Forweg's place, or else let me go. I will govern this fellowship now, or leave it. But if you wish to kill me, set to! I will fight you all until I am dead - or you.'

Is Turin finally making a good and proper decision?

Why would he desire to lead this band of outlaws?

[Edited on 9/10/2007 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Post RE: Chapter quote VIa
on: October 09, 2007 03:30
I think if he intends to stay with the Guarwaith then he made a good decision in taking over the leadership because then he has some say in the things that they do. He desires to lead them to have fellowship instead of being alone and also to have Men that are under him. He wanted a lordship of his own some day.
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
Post RE: Chapter quote VIa
on: October 23, 2007 05:33
Turin has not left himself much choice at this point. His pride will not allow him to return to Doriath, Nargothrond is closed to all, and his homeland is occupied. Several of these men are of his own people and possibly outlaws by necessity, Androg is also from Dor Lomin; a rapist and woman-slayer: a desperate man, but he recognised something in Turin at their first meeting, where he "looked him up and down" Turin realises that if they head south, he has a chance of knocking them into shape as warriors, and returning north to reclaim his homeland.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email