Author Topic:
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
Post Chapter quote VIb
on: October 12, 2007 12:38
After hearing of Thingol's judgment,Turin refuses to return to Doriath;
Then Beleg was trroubled.'What will you do then?' he asked
'Fare free', said Turin. 'That wish Mablung gave me at our parting. The grace of Thingol will not stretch to receive these companions of my fall, I think; but I will not part with them now, if they do not wish to part with me. I love them in my way, even the worst a little. They are of my own kind, and there is some good in each that might grow. I think they will stand by me.'
'You see with other eyes than mine', said Beleg. 'If you try to wean them from evil, they will fail you. I doubt tham, and one most of all'

[Edited on 22/10/2007 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
sldowns
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Chapter quote VIb
on: October 14, 2007 08:36
I think Turin felt a sense of responsibility for the group. Also, he had a longing to be back among men after such a long stay with the Elves. I also think he thought he would be able to move the group back in the direction of honor.
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: October 14, 2007 09:15
I agree. He is also developing his leadership skills ... among his own kind, as he said ... and also, being Turin, he prefers to be a big fish in a little pond than a small fish in a big one!
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: October 22, 2007 12:15
It may be a chance to learn leadership skills but you have to question the wisdom of deciding to stay in charge of a group that most people would be reluctant to even spend a day with.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email