Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Huin
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Realm gone quiet?
on: November 27, 2011 10:11
Vanyar, I never realized Nessa had that few active members. With the way you guys rocked the realm parties, I assumed you were a larger realm!
Image ImageRealm of Vairë, Corrupted faction
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: November 27, 2011 08:45
nope...we're teensy!! lol we just had some very dedicated posters at that time.
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: November 27, 2011 11:32
vanyar, if it's any comfort, I think all realms are going through this; several active members at the best. It's like all of CoE is waiting for more frequent Hobbit movie spoilers so that the general public is intrigued, old members return and new ones arrive.
Also, I'd say that a low active member base is what other fandoms are experiencing - the number of internet sites and fandoms is increasing, and that's a huge demand on a person's computer time. After a few years, only the most dedicated members will still be around. I think the situation we're facing now will be the same for the other currently popular fandoms (such as HP) in a few years.

However, that's not saying a long-lost member can't show up any moment out of the blue; Vaire has seen such returns, so it's possible it will be the same for Nessa. Also, I'd stick to what you've been doing so far - updating the realm page to show visitors the realm is active, and keeping your realm's name in the signatures. Apart from that, one can only wait.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: November 28, 2011 05:06
Yer, we've been quite quiet recently. Only a few of us active and our latest new member has given us one post and myseriously disappeared.
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 28, 2011 05:30
Way too quiet in Orome. I think I am the only active person and that's not saying much.
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: November 28, 2011 09:17
thanks for the encouraging words guys Glad its not just Nessa!!! We'll all get through this! (I'm reaching for that silver lining today...lol)
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
IndilwenLanathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2011 07:51
Huin: I'm going to take that as compliment for Nessa and thank you for it! That really brightened my day! As official Realm Energizer Llama I do my best to keep the poptarts fresh and the sponges flying but, alas, Vanyar and I are on a permanent sugar high from eating to many poptarts(is that even possible...?) and you can only sponge fight so much (or can you...?). Lol, thanks again, Huin, that really was a ray of sunshine to me!
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: November 28, 2011 10:38
Awww...you do a great job of keeping things going Indi!!!! *huggles*
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: November 29, 2011 07:36
Unfortunately a lot of the realms are really quiet right now. We have spurts from time to time which is great. Hopefully the closer we get to the release of the first Hobbit movie we will see more activity on the site as well as in the realms! :disco:
IndilwenLanathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2011 07:45
First Hobbit movie? How many are there going to be? (If that was just a typo, I'm sorry but take things really literally sometimes )
IndilwenLanathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2011 07:45
First Hobbit movie? How many are there going to be? (If that was just a typo, I'm sorry but take things really literally sometimes )
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2011 08:30
Yes there will be two Hobbit movies. We're not sure where the split will take yet. There's lots more about this in the movie forum.
Nenluinil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2011 03:46
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc&feature=aso
I know this realm is talking about how quite it's gone... but this is a funny spoof i found of LOTR... u guys have probably seen it though but i hope u find it funny maybe that will help you post again lol i don't know hahaha anyway.. there u go
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: November 29, 2011 04:18
LOL That was funny!!!! Great Find Nenluinil!!!!
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: November 30, 2011 10:42
Wow not seen that one before. Pretty cool Good find Nenluinil !
Huin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2011 02:14
Indi - Glad my comment was appreciated. I did think you guys did an awesome job with your party and I'm looking forward to another wacky quest with the Nessians next year :rolling: :disco: :disco: :rolling:

(And yes, The Hobbit is being split into two films, respectively subtitled "An Unexpected Journey" and "There and Back Again" if I'm recalling correctly.)
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: December 03, 2011 09:24
I'm looking forward to another wacky quest with the Nessians next year

All I have to say to that is.... Has it been a year yet?? LOL Can't wait to dream up some new crazy story for all of us to be in!!! That was a blast!!!!
IndilwenLanathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2011 08:17
I'm just wondering, on average how many active members does each Realm have? (Active as in, on at least once a week and posts when on)

Speaking for Nessa, we have two active members.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: December 20, 2011 09:26
Vaire is doing quite well in this respect at the moment, as we have 8-10 active members now. We've seen some returns of long-absent members the last couple of days, too. ^_^
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
IndilwenLanathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2011 09:43
Wow. Permit me to be jealous
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: December 20, 2011 07:26
Ulmo to has seen some returning members and it's been great! I'm sure the realms will quiet down again after the holidays though. But we are getting closer to the Hobbit movie and that will surely bring folks back again and hopefully lots of new members as well! :disco:
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: December 20, 2011 09:21
Well...the trailer for The Hobbit got released online today...so maybe some old members will start coming in again so they can nerd out about how awesomely epic these films are gonna be!!! *crosses fingers*
IndilwenLanathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2011 06:35
YES! That trailer was AWESOME!!!!!
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: December 21, 2011 09:40
It was AMAZING! I adore the singing in particular. :love:
Huin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2011 04:08
What? Trailers? I am so glad I glanced at this thread. (Yes it was probably right on the news page which I didn't glance at)
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: December 21, 2011 10:36
lol...I believe it was, though I subscribe to PJ's facebook page and he posted the link on there...so I saw it on fb first. Martin Freeman is going to be awesome as Bilbo! sooooo excited!!!!
IndilwenLanathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2011 06:55
I'm dieing to see more of Thorin!
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: December 22, 2011 10:43
Yes he looks very well cast. Excellent voice, good actor
Huin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2011 05:29
I am so impressed with the trailer. Loved the song, and Gandalf.
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: December 31, 2011 02:50
I would love some ideas to get Varda going again. We've been far too quiet for far too long...
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: January 02, 2012 03:29
Have you thought about sending out a newsletter to your members (those that still come on CoE once in a while) and highlighting some of the things you have going on in the realm. Depending on how many active members you have at the moment maybe a new game or contest would be something good to highlight.
Also, to help with getting new members I try to keep our Realms Page updated every month so that when a potential new member is checking out the realms they can see that we are active and not a dead realm. I also list on it some of the things that we have going on like current contests and such to draw attention.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: January 02, 2012 12:09
I agree with my fearless Leader on this one with an additional thought. Have you cleaned your members list recently? Vairë does a routine clean-up every 6 months or so and removes the names of members who have not been active for a period of time. I actually joined Vairë because they were one of the smallest of the Realms and I thought there would be more personal interaction between members. IMHO the numbers of members listed in some of the Realm membership lists may misrepresent the activity of the Realm and actually discourage some newbies from joining those Realms.

Also could we place a notice/article in the CoE news page to "jog" the general membership into looking into joining a Realm?
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: January 03, 2012 09:25
Wowsers...I just did some drastic deleting to my members list... we have one active member besides myself, and a members list of 87 people!!! It's like having a basement full of zombie pets!!! They were starting to stink up the place, so I had to whack them all in the head with a cricket bat...Shaun of the Dead-style
IndilwenLanathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2012 10:36
Its so SAD to delete people off the member list. But I suppose it has to be done :'(
LOTRGek
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2012 12:08
3 active members in my realm.
Shouldn't it be better to merge some less active realms together to keep some people?
I'm worried that when you reach below 5 people (or around that), that in time no one will come anymore because nothing is happening.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email