Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
Post RE: Realm gone quiet?
on: January 03, 2012 04:02
That is kinda my problem, I don't have enough active members to keep things active or interesting, plus the members that do post are very erratic.

I do need to clean up my member's list.
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: January 03, 2012 08:14
I literally cringed with everyone one of them....especially some of the ones from back in my heyday that had been so integral to forming the realm...but they haven't been back in 5 years...so I think it was time to move on. I just saved some of the ones that are usually active, or come on once in awhile and post a few times, and then all the newer members (some of which have never even posted to the realm forum...despite some rather encouraging pm-s) I'm holding onto hope people!!! lol
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
arwen1300
Gosling of Vána
Send Message
on: January 23, 2012 02:25
Well, a while back we were one of the more active realms, now we're pretty quiet (not that I've been around, either) but we've had times when people come back and it kicks up again. I guess we just have to wait until we start up again?
Image If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin
tari_yevetil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2012 06:08
yea same in Varda even though im a new member i figured out how to get friends and so far i only have one because she was the only online in the same forum
"Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty.The obedient must be slaves."-Henry David Thoreau
Greenwood_Gal
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2012 09:27
I have noticed a decline in active members on other LOTR sites too so it's not just happening here.
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: February 12, 2012 08:38
It just happens over time I guess. Still we all make the best of what we have.
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
kellymulder
CoE Volunteer & Seagull of Ulmo
Send Message
Post Re: Realm gone quiet?
on: March 08, 2012 06:21
Do you have any of your old realm members on Facebook or another social media site? We've organized an Ulmo get together twice over the past few years and it usually leads to a couple of months of increased activity
Salquelatine
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2012 02:56
Ooo, that's a really great idea. I know I keep up with a handful from Lorien.

I suppose that's the only downfall to realms. I've been a member of the same one ever since I joined and now that it's fairly dead, I don't interact much on the site.
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: April 14, 2012 03:42
We started a group for our Realm on facebook and a twitter snd I put any updates on goings-on in the realm on both of them. It's a great way to keep everyone in touch.

On the activity front, we got a few new members in Nessa that are slowly breathing some life back in our forums! Hope won out! I totally feel Gandalfy right now...lol
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2012 08:43
Aw, I don't have a facebook or twitter. oh well.

I guess that ends negotiations. ~gimli
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: April 15, 2012 05:53
well, you don't have to be involved on fb or twitter... its geared more towards keeping older and past members in touch I basically just post any relevant realm and site news and hope it gets them to log in and check it out...which works sometimes!
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2012 07:13
As my fearless corrupted leader previously stated, the reason I joined the realm was the fact it was small. Made me think itd be easier to join in the talk. Vaire is pretty active, weve gotten three new members in the past week or so, and theres like eight or nine of us who are really active.

That facebook/twitter thing is a really good and creative idea! Never would have thought of that!
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: April 19, 2012 02:53
It works!
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2012 07:28
is it just me, or does it seem like only the same 5 or so people have been (or commented) on Nessa lately? i dunno. maybe i'm delusional. i wouldn't be surprised if i was lol
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: May 06, 2012 01:24
well you might be delusional, but not for that particular reason! lol you're correct. I'm hoping once school lets out for the summer we'll get more active.
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: May 15, 2012 11:56
Yer, it's exam period at the moment, so I guess we can expect things to be really quiet. Still, how is everyone?
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: May 17, 2012 02:35
been slow in Nessa, but I'm expecting things to pick up once school's out.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2012 07:44
Crrr-aaaa-wwwww-ling along in Orome. I was the last poster about 6 months ago.
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: May 29, 2012 02:33
Well come and chat to us in here!
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: May 29, 2012 02:34
And by here I mean the General Realms not Lorien, I am not attempting to convert you!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: May 29, 2012 09:19
Sorry, Leoflic. I wish more people would come participate in the realm too!
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: May 30, 2012 02:03
I'm trying something new in Nessa where there's a point system for posting and recruiting. At different point levels they get special titles with signature pics. My two regulars are pretty excited about it so hopefully it catches on!
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2012 06:47
Summer's almost over and no new members..... Let's hope that The Hobbit premier will bring some new Tolkien fans to the site. *crosses fingers*
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: August 19, 2012 11:32
I hope so too! Keep those fingers crossed!
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2012 08:36
I know right? We have so few active members!
Lannorui
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2012 09:41
*pops in* It has been a long time since I posted much in the realm, or even been on CoE in general for that matter. I spent 14 hours watching the extended editions with my son and his girlfriend and decided to show her the site. Will The Hobbit revive this place? I think maybe a touch, but LoTR has lost its newness and appeal for many people so they have moved on. But, anything is possible...
Elessar Ancalime
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2012 06:28
i was trying to join a realm without using the quiz as it did not work for me but all of the ones i was interested in seem to be quiet some having no updates since 2006, any realms still going that are good for the creative?
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: December 30, 2012 07:05
I know we have a few that are definitely still active, my own Vaire being one of them. We have things for creative people in Vaire, writing threads, art sharing etc. A good thing to do might be to private message the realm head of the realms your are interested in and see if they are active and what kinds of activities they have. I don't think all the realms update their pages regularly though 2006 is a rather long time. Good luck with the search.
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: December 31, 2012 11:00
I know I haven't updated Nessa's in a few months *blushes* but we're totally active too! Like Dolwen said, best thing to do is pm Realm heads, or ask a friend that's in that realm. As for Nessa, we have all kinds of creative stuffs as far as writing goes, and then we have occasional graphics contests and stuff like that.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2013 03:47
Yes indeed! A rather delightful realm if I do say so myself!

(Of course, I probably think that because I'm in Nessa, but anyway...)
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2013 03:25
Ulmo is sort of active... except for the games.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Draketh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2013 04:42
Does anyone know if the realm of vana is active?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2013 08:44
I do not know....you could message the realm head to find out.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Draketh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2013 10:41
I did, but he/she never answered. I joined vaire instead.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2013 09:03
Yeah, that happened to me when I messaged a realm head about their realm. I was trying to find out if the realm was still active for my friend. I guess that the no response means that it's not active anymore. Is Vaire active?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email