Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
actually you do get a alert to your email that you have a pm on CoE. I get them and I recently reconnected with someone on here and they said they got an email saying they got a pm.

also, I didn't think it would be a big hassle. just go through and pm the ones that were very active. (the ones that posted a lot)
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Glad to hear the the feature works for some members as it should but it definitely doesn't work for all. I for one, stopped receiving the e-mail notifications when the site updated three years ago and have never received one since, not even in my spam folder.

The fact still remains that anyone wishing to do what you propose with the messages would need to okay it with the staff member overseeing that area first. In reference to this, I will direct you to Lady Celeborn's message on page 5 of this thread dated February 5th where she's already addressed the situation of regular members sending private messages on behalf of the site/realms to other members. Wanting to bring people's attention back to the site and invite them to visit again is not a bad thing and may even help. But it has to be done properly which is to go to a staff member with the idea first since what you would be doing would be contacting people on behalf of the site. We have staff in place for a reason and they are here to help and you are always free to bring your ideas to them. I encourage you to do that if you think this is something that should be done.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I get email notifications as well when I get a PM. Sometimes they go to Spam.

Who would we contact, then, if we wished to generate more realm awareness and interest? I know that Mareth_Ravenlock and I would still be interested in contacting new members about the realms.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
Just thought that reminding people who used to be quite active that CoE is still here waiting for their return.
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
Dolwen
Send Message
You would need to contact LadyCeleborn, the realms admin, about ways to generate more interest in the realms. But, if you check back to LadyCeleborn's message on page 5 of this thread, dated Feb 5th she already addressed the specific situation of private messaging newbies about the realms. There is already a welcome pm that goes out to all newbies from CoE's Welcome Wagoneers NenyaGold and Rosearialelven and this message already has a paragraph telling the newbies about the realms and where to find more info on them. So any extra private messages to newbies about the realms would be redundant. NenyaGold posted right below LadyC's message on page 5 with the info they put in the message and inviting you guys to make suggestions to enhance it. If you have ideas or suggestions on that then you should contact NenyaGold.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dolwen said:... at least I have never received an e-mail to let me know I've had a message waiting in the three years since the site was updated. ...

That's strange, Dolwen. I have received an e-mail for every PM and every announcement since I started out here in November 2013.
lordoftheringer
Assistant Ghost of Mandos
Send Message
I just get them for private messages, which is fine with me as I never get any. Also, Mandos has a couple of new members and they are excited about being active, so yay for that.
"The more tragic things get, the more I feel like laughing." - Mat Cauthon
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am glad that Mandos is becoming active! It was silent for a long time.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Nessa has a new member! With the two of us posting regularly, our realm is looking better already.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, a lot of times the messages go to spam. Maybe check there?

Orome got a new member, but I have not seen her lately.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I just posted again in Nessa, but there's been no sign of activity for a very long time.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
We're small, but very active over in Vaire. Hope other realms are doing well I miss the days of Realm Parties.
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
Neurion Lancaeron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello,

Pretty much brand new to the site.. Just curious as to whether or not any of the realms were still active? I'd love to get involved in one but I'm not entirely sure where to go.

"Not all who wander are lost."
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to the site, Neurion Lancaeron! As far as I know, the Realm of Vairë is the most active, containing the majority of members to whom I have spoken. I am a member of the Realm of Ulmo, where there are a few people who post occasionally. When I was choosing a realm, I read the introduction pages and charters for each one (in the menu on the left, under Community, then Realms), to find the realm with which I identified the most. Good luck!
Dolwen
Send Message
I can only speak for Vaire as I don't know the status of the others but we are active with a handful of people posting daily and a few more that pop in occasionally. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Over in Nessa our realm head has finally returned! Currently it's just the two of us posting, but we are becoming more active if you want to check us out.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email