Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
Post RE: The Legacy of Ivriniel
on: December 14, 2008 04:25
After her talk with the first mate, and in a sour mood, Merides wandered around the ship, seeing that everything was in order. The crew seemed a bit cowed from the day's incedents, going about their jobs quickly and quietly.

Finally, frustrated with the lack of things to do, Meri wandered to the cabin she'd given to her cousin.
A knock sounded on her door, and she called out, “Come in!”
Peeking her head through the door, she saw her fairer cousin sitting with a book in her lap and a quill in her hand. "Am I disturbing you?" Meri asked her. At Rhen's shake of her head, the young captain let herself into the room, shutting the door quietly behind her. She looked at the younger girl curiously.

"You write? This is a strange thing for a woman of our times. From my experience, the scholarly arts are left to the men, and to the elves, of course." She laughed quietly, settling herself into a small chair beside the bed. "Of course, I'm not one to talk. I seem to belie my own words, doing a man's job as I do." She crossed her legs, laying one ankle over her opposite knee and leaning forward, stretching sore muscles.

"I don't understand, Cousin. Why is it such a strange thing for a woman to have ambitions? Am I wrong to try to live up to the legacy of my ancestors? Should I content myself with sitting at home, cooking for a man that will grace my house, tired, out-of-sorts, and hungry? Catering to his every whim? I cannot see myself doing this." She sighed, placing her chin in the palm of her hand, and resting her elbow on her knee.

"Why cannot a woman have the freedoms she desires? Even as the captain of a ship, my orders are questioned, my desires are laughed at, my ambitions are disregarded. What can I do?"

Standing up, Meri began pacing around the cabin, finally stopping before Rhen, pulling out her sword. "Do you know what this is?" she asked, handing it to her cousin, hilt first. The pommel was graced with the engraving of two horse heads, facing each other. The silver handle merged with the steel blade, almost imperceptibly. The sword was balanced, the perfect weight for a woman's hand.

"This sword belonged to my grandmother, the lady Eowyn. She defied all expectations of a woman, even of a princess of Rohan, and surprised everyone with her valor. I am sure you are familiar with her story. Why is this incident considered so strange? Why can I not be as brave as she?"

Merides looked down at her cousin, waiting for an answer, all the while wondering why she had chosen to confide in the woman she barely knew.

"LAND HO!"

Meri bounded out of the cabin at the cry, glad that she had spoken to Rhiwenil, even if only for a moment. She forced herself to place her emotions back in check, putting her sword back in its scabbard as she ran to the stern of the ship.

"Pull those lines in! Reef that sail! Aerith! I want you watching for underwater rocks! We will not strand ourselves so close to shore! Bafraim! I want this ship in tip-top shape as we enter the port! You all know the drill- let's pull 'er in, men!"

Meri shaded her eyes as she watched the dock seemingly creep closer. Two figures sat on the quay, also watching. The ship smoothly pulled into the port, stopping gently against the wood of the dock.
~Elenduriel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2009 12:42
As the hours passed and the ship grew ever closer to port, Elen studied the vessel closely, relating each detail to Nikun.

Her sharp Elven eyes scoured the crew assembed on deck.
"It would appear that there are two maidens on the deck," she told her companion with interest. Though women on board ships was becomming more common, it was still unusual to see two standing together on the deck ike authority figures.

By mid-afternoon the noise of the market place had died down and Elen once more shared her lembas with the young man.

The Ninglor was docking and the Elf-maid watched in fascination at the crew running hither and thither on the deck, puling ropes and dropping sails and all manner of interesting things. And the noise; footsteps thumping on the wood and so many voices shouting commands, but the most authoritive voice that could be heard was that of one of the women. Elen smiled at this.

"Nikun?" she asked, in barely a whisper as the excitement and expectation grew within her. "What say you that we should go and greet the captain as she disembarks?"

Rising nimbly to her feet and streching out her tall, lithe frame, Elen shouldered her quiver and bow, held her small pack under one arm and used the other pale hand to tug her hood as far forward as it would go.

"Nikun, mellon," she addressed him as her friend, before continuing with a nervous edge to her voice, "I have your word that my secret is safe, yes?"

After reassurance, the Elf smiled in a way that light up her pale face with an etherial glow. "Then lead the way, young sire." And she followed her companion onto the dock towards the newly descended gangplank, stooping a little to hide her true stature and tugging once more upon her hood for good measure.
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2009 12:45
As the Ninglor drew into port Gwalion joined the rest of the crew in preparations for landing. He did his best to avoid Bafraim's eye. He hoped there would be a chance to go ashore. He'd heard something about their passenger wanting to visit somebody on shore. He'd try and get a bit closer next time and maybe hear more about her plans.

He watched the man and woman on the dock and wondered what their business was. They didn't look as if they had much money but he reckoned they would probably try and get passage on the ship. "More women," he thought. Somebody had told him women brought bad luck at sea. Well, Captain Merides had got them here safe enough.

As he stood at the top of the gangplank one of the men pushed him out of the way, nearly knocking him off his feet. "Mind yerself, Tum-Gwali-whatever-yer-name-is."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nikun spent the day sitting with Elen on the dockside, watching the ships come and go. He was worried that somebody would recognise him. Ivoreth's father had his workshop not far from where they sat. He pulled his own hood up to hide his face, then realised that the harbormaster would be suspicious of two hooded characters sitting by the dock. He had no desire to draw attention to himself, nor to Elen. His family would not come near the harbor in the ordinary course of their day but there was a chance that one of his friends might pass.

As the day wore on he wandered off in search of food for them. Elen had her lembas but he wanted something more substantial and wasn't sure how much lembas she had. They might have more need of it in future, rather than eating it all in Dol Amroth, where food was plentiful. He bought bread, cooked meat, fruit and a measure of wine, brought them back to the dock and shared them with Elen.

As the Ninglor came close, he was surprised to see that the captain seemed to be a woman. The men were taking orders from her as they prepared to moor the ship.

At last the ship drew up against the harbor wall. Men threw ropes from the ship to the shore and made the ship fast against the dock. The men lowered the gangplank and fastened it in place. Nikun noticed one of the crew push a young boy out of the way, nearly knocking him off his feet. He wondered what the boy had done and if the captain allowed her crew to behave so roughly to each other.

"I have your word that my secret is safe, yes?" Elen asked him, clearly worried that he would give her away.
"Of course," he replied "you will be just another woman to join this ship. There appears to be another woman passenger, though maybe she is kin to one of the crew. Keep your hood over your ears and do not look too closely at anybody. I will introduce you as a friend and ask the captain to take you as a passenger on her vessel. Your secret will be safe with me."

He walked with her to the gangplank and onto the ship, trying not to look too nervous. The woman who seemed to be captain was standing with the other woman and several sailors, one who was, perhaps, the mate; judging by the way he had ordered the crew as they came into port. He put back his hood and walked up to them. He nodded to the sailor and bowed to Rhen and to Merides.

"Madam, you are, I take it, the captain of this vessel. Tell me, do you have room in your crew for another hand? I must tell you, I have little experience of the sea but I can use a sword and I am young, strong and willing to learn. I wish to leave Dol Amroth; it holds no joy for me any more. You may have noticed that I have been sitting here quietly whilst your ship came into the harbor; you need not fear that I am trying to escape from the law.

“My name is Nikun. I have no father now but my family have served the Princes of Dol Amroth, from father to son, for many lives of men. I pray you, take me on your ship.

"Also, I beg you to give passage to my friend, Elenduriel. She, too, wishes to leave this city, though she has not told me her reasons, nor her destination. I would be wary of asking this of many captains but I feel sure she will be safe on your ship."
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2009 03:59
Once again, all eyes fell upon Azrakarbú, watching him as a creature eyes its predator. He paused only momentarily.

He resumed speaking without mention of any prior interruption.

“I am, believe it or not, a man possessed with an affinity for valor and honor. I despise those who take advantage of the bound creature, as,” he paused,” you have come to realize. I have captured you--the strong, the bold, and the valorous of your village. Your service aboard my ship will either further strengthen your limbs, or shatter your soul and drag your filthy body down with it.”

“Yet,” he continued, “Victory without personal struggle, without risking something, is vain and hollow. Such a victory does not thrill the soul. So, gentleman, I have a challenge for you.”

A savage grin tore Azrakarbú’s face, and some inner fire surged then into his eyes. Unconsciously, his fists clenched and released, the muscles in his arms flexing.

His eyes flew across the faces that stared back at him as he let the silence drag out. Their eyes were locked on him, something like curiosity flickering through their fear and rage. Azrakarbú laughed.

“This is my challenge, gentleman,” he cried, tearing his own shirt roughly from his chest, “I am your challenge. Choose one among you--your strongest, your most cunning, the swiftest among you--yes, choose one man and let him fight against me. But choose carefully, gentleman, for you place upon this man’s shoulders your last tattered hope, as well as your lives…pitiful as they are.”

A long moment of silence stretched out as the captives sized Azrakarbú up. Many among them were of higher stature than he, or thicker build. Some might have been tempted to dismiss the dark eyed captain as any real threat, but these captives did not.

For there was something deadly in the lines around his mouth. Something in his shining face and sinewy chest promised there was more to him than there appeared. Bold, unflinching confidence emanated from him like smoke rolling up from a fire.

His voice sounded again in the night.

“Choose your fate, gentleman; I give you time to consider your choice. But choose quickly, there’s a fire in my veins.”

With that, Azrakarbú turned and nodded tightly at Vaesh, his swarthy first mate. The man followed him a couple paces off, to the stair of the poop deck. They stood in full sight of the captives who muttered among themselves on the main deck. The captain and his first mate, however, were beyond the range of hearing.

“Orders, Bâr?” Vaesh asked, standing stiff and erect.

“At ease, Vaesh. No orders just yet,” murmured Azrakarbú, eyes on the bound men. The dirty blond seemed to be speaking quite a bit more than the rest.

Vaesh spoke up, drawing Azrakarbú’s attention back.

“We raped that village, Bâr, of all we could. Most ‘umbly, sir, I’d recommend we put some distance ‘tween us and ‘er. King Ellessar won’t stand us harrying his lands much longer.”

Azrakarbú turned his eyes to Vaesh. This was the one man he allowed to offer advice to him. Vaesh had a cunning, planning mind. He was thoughtful and solemn, and disliked risk more than Azrakarbú. Vaesh’s advice was always sound, but Azrakarbú was not obliged always to take it.

“Maybe so, and maybe not. It is quite possible that the day of the Corsairs has been extinguished into eternal night. Perhaps our sun will never rise again. This truth we must face, but we cannot let it hamper us. We must use it only to fuel the fire of our spirits. We are not defeated yet. Life still oozes through my soul, and power still ripples through my body. Nay, we are not defeated and will not be until we have made a name for ourselves which will last beyond our mortal lives.”

Azrakarbú paused and a faint smile touched his lips.

“There’s some kind of haunting beauty in it, isn’t there?”

Vaesh nodded slowly, but it was clear his mind was occupied by the present. Azrakarbú pushed such deep thoughts to the back of his consciousness, and addressed the first mate’s earlier concern.

“I will handle this matter, meanwhile, direct the ship to Dol Amroth. I would see the city again; perhaps we can find some challenge worth chasing there.”

“What happens if you lose, Bâr, would you have us step in?” Vaesh murmured in a low voice, his eyes on the dirty blond immerging from the crowd of captives.

Azrakarbú sneered.

“You lose faith in your captain, Vaesh?”

Vaesh returned his gaze to Azrakarbú and bowed slightly.

“No sir, just keeping an eye on every possible outcome.”

Azrakarbú dropped his hand on his first mate’s brawny shoulder in a rare sign of approval.

“That’s why you’re my first mate. But no, should I lose, Vaesh, let there be no interference. The captain who falls under the hand of a captive is the captain who loses his crew’s respect and obeisance.”

Azrakarbú paused and then flahsed a grin at his first mate.
“But I do not intend to lose.”

Vaesh nodded and returned a grim smile.
“Aye, sir, you never do.”

Azrakarbú stepped away to return to the main deck, calling lightly over his shoulder.

“And have I lost yet, Vaesh?”

Vaesh’s smile, although a bit wry, widened visibly as he followed his captain.

“Never, Bâr.”

((OOC: I'll get Azra to Dol Amroth soon, couldn't resist finishing this out...maybe this will give Rhen some time to do what she needs to.)
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 07, 2009 07:05
(Joint post between Meri and me. It's high time we get this going again! )

As the Ninglor glided to a halt in Dol Amroth’s harbor, Rhîwenil left her cabin to race along the starboard side, heart racing. She was back! The bustling port city was her favorite place to be with its busy, varied market, delicious air, and the high promontory upon which rose Tirith Aear, the seaside tower that overlooked the bay. At the jetty, two particular figures caught Rhîwenil’s attention, a cloaked, hooded woman and a slim man whose demeanor appeared mentally beaten and hurt.

He walked with her to the gangplank and onto the ship, trying not to look too nervous. The woman who seemed to be captain was standing with the other woman and several sailors, one who was, perhaps, the mate; judging by the way he had ordered the crew as they came into port. He put back his hood and walked up to them. He nodded to the sailor and bowed to Rhen and to Merides.

"Madam, you are, I take it, the captain of this vessel. Tell me, do you have room in your crew for another hand? I must tell you, I have little experience of the sea but I can use a sword and I am young, strong and willing to learn. I wish to leave Dol Amroth; it holds no joy for me any more. You may have noticed that I have been sitting here quietly whilst your ship came into the harbor; you need not fear that I am trying to escape from the law.

“My name is Nikun. I have no father now but my family have served the Princes of Dol Amroth, from father to son, for many lives of men. I pray you, take me on your ship.

"Also, I beg you to give passage to my friend, Elenduriel. She, too, wishes to leave this city, though she has not told me her reasons, nor her destination. I would be wary of asking this of many captains but I feel sure she will be safe on your ship."

Meri looked at the strange couple, purposely keeping her expression slightly cold for a moment longer than may have been necessary, as if suspicious that this man might truly be running from the law, no matter what he might say. After a moment, however, she allowed a small smile to grace her face. "With an introduction such as that, Nikun, how can I refuse? You are quite welcome aboard the Ninglor, as is your friend, if she so wishes. I am surprised, however, at your boldness. What about my ship makes it seem safe to all? Not that I am sorry to hear if my reputation has finally preceeded me..." she trailed off with a wink to the young man, hoping to bring a smile to his sad face.

As Meri and they conversed, Rhen kept to the side, taking in the beautiful scenery. The sky was a pristine blue. And, on the incoming tides, another three ships, one galleon and two schooners sailed in. Their sails unfurled like birds’ wings to catch one last wisp of wind.

Aerith stood on the port side, surveying the clear saltwater for rocks, but Dol Amroth’s harbor was purported to be a safe haven for ships with little or no underwater boulders. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the captain and two others on the dock. He wanted to call to her to get her attention, even if it meant taking more orders. He just wanted her to notice him. But then, he thought, she promoted me! A tug on his sleeve brought him back to the present. He turned his head slightly to see Rhîwenil, excitement plain on her face. Fighting a smile, Aerith said to his friend, “How can you be excited since you have only just left here a week ago?”

Rhîwenil beamed even wider and replied simply, “This city is in my blood.” Her eyes moved from his face to Tirith Aear looming over them, perched precariously on the tip of the promontory. “But come, you have never been here before, much less on the open seas. How can you not feel alive?”

Aerith could not contain himself; he smiled. “Of course I feel that way! But I want to explore the town as well. It’s well enough to see the city from the decks of a ship, but it is another to experience it.”

“You wait upon the captain’s words, as do we all,” another voice interrupted. Meinir came up on Rhîwenil’s other side. “But there is nothing like taking in the flavor of any town; that is why I travel,” the older man continued.

Rhîwenil looked between them and made introductions. Glancing over her shoulder, she caught Meri’s eye as the captain beckoned her over. The Linhirian had much to talk about with her cousin, and as they planned to stay in Dol Amroth for at least two days, there was time enough for that. “Excuse me,” she muttered, leaving the two men alone to talk while she crossed the wooden planks to her friend.

“Who are our friends here?” Rhîwenil asked, noting the two figures she had seen before.

Meri placed one arm over her cousin's shoulder, while keeping the other resting on the pommel of her grandmother's sword. "Cousin Rhîwenil, this is Nikun and his silent friend, Elenduriel. The young man has asked for employment on my ship and passage for the time being, as well as requesting a cabin for the lady. What do you think? I believe we will be the only ship in port with three women on board!" she laughed, patting Rhen's shoulder companionably.

Her laughter was quickly quenched, however, when she saw the look her first mate was giving her. What had she done to upset Bafraim this time? It seemed to her that everything she had been doing lately was against his liking. She hoped that it would not come to a confrontation. Unfortunately, that seemed like the least likely option. Sometime soon, she would have to deal harshly with Bafraim. Merides was not looking forward to it.

Pushing the thoughts to the back of her head, Merides nodded at an inn nearby. "Shall we adjourn to the local inn, cousin? Nikun, Elenduriel, please join us. I would like to learn more about the two of you." She looked up toward her ship's deck. "Bafraim!" she called, "please join us at the Tipping Pitcher as soon as the unloading is complete.” She waited for his terse nod, then led the way to the inn.

Rhîwenil followed Meri to the Tipping Pitcher, a respectable tavern (if ever a tavern was respectable) and glanced around. Spotting an open booth near the bar, she steered her way through the crowd. One mangy man with a weathered grey cloak, gnarly hands, and a dirt-streaked face kept his eyes on the foursome as they entered. He licked his lips and muttered to Rhîwenil as she walked by, "Aren't ye a pretty lass? I'd bet you make your husband happy at night, don't ye? And look a' th' others. Such pretty wee things. I'd give my left hand for one o' ye."

Not one to bandy words, Rhîwenil snapped at the beggar, "Enough of it, sirrah! I would not deign to exchange words or even looks with the likes of you! Begone!" But the man stared insolently at the young maiden, tall and proud, her blue eyes glinting angrily.

"Who are ye to speak t' me like that? I'll have ye know that I was the greatest soldier in this city before the prince took power and removed me." A string of curses flowed from his mouth, and Rhîwenil cocked a knowing glance at Meri.

"I have seen this man before," she murmured under her breath. "Not a good soul to be sure, he was accused of stealing money from the Alphros's coffers." She glared at him once more and passed by. He clutched at her navy cloak, and she turned and, wrenching her cloak from his grasping hands, she spoke once again in a cold, taut voice, "Enough! I am related to the Prince, and should you touch me again, I will not hesitate to find guards to escort you out of here." Their eyes met, his desperate and calculating but lascivious, hers frigid and haughty. Without another word, Rhîwenil turned away.

The group sat at the booth nestled into the corner. From their vantage, they could see the bar and caught the eye of a bar wench, but one could not see them. Rhîwenil sat across from Meri. Studying her cousin's face, she tried to see the resemblance. But trouble flickered across Meri's face, soon to be replaced by curiosity. Rhîwenil's gaze traveled from the woman Elenduriel to the defeated man Nikun. She was thankful that Meri allowed them on the ship. More hands were always needed, and another woman brought some comfort to those who were usually in the presence of men. Plus, she liked the look of them both, and she hoped to make quick friends with them.

Rhîwenil thought to wait before voicing concerns about the firstmate. She had heard rumours circulating that he was disgruntled, and the Linhirian was curious to know why. So, instead she met Meri's eyes, smiled, and said, "I have much to tell you, cousin, but I agree. I would like to learn more about our friends. But first," she added, beckoning the bar wench, "a round of ale, please!" The wench hurried off with a curt bow, her narrow waist attracting the glance of the vulgar ex-soldier.

[Edited on 7/7/2009 by Dinenlasse]
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
~Elenduriel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2009 07:50
Elenduriel followed after Nikun and the two young women, trailing slightly behind them, her bright eyes sweeping side to side as the unlikely companions entered the small inn.

As an old ruffian accosted the woman named Rhinwenil, Elen discreetly unshouldered her longbow. Though the situation was swiftly dealt with and Elen's companions proceeded to the corner booth, the Elf-maid decided to keep watch on the man as she was sure he would cause more trouble yet.

Taking a seat in the booth beside Nikun, Elen placed her longbow across her lap, keeping the quiver on her back and resting her small pack beside her feet. Tugging selfconsciously on her hood, she once again eyed the man in the grimy mirror hanging on the wall behind the bar.

With great curiosity Elen carefully studied the two young women across the table from her. Though not overly similar in looks, they both carried themselves well and had a presence about them.

The woman who wasn't the ships captain spoke. "I have much to tell you, cousin, but I agree. I would like to learn more about our friends. But first," she added, beckoning the bar wench, "a round of ale, please!" The wench hurried off with a curt bow, her narrow waist attracting the glance of the vulgar ex-soldier.

With one last tug on her hood ensuring her ears were hidden from view, and keeping half an eye on the man at the bar, Elen rested one pale hand upon the tabletop (the other still resting securely upon her carved bow). A small smile graced her thin lips as she turned first to the generous captain.

"Firstly," she said in a clear yet quiet voice with a melodious quality to it. "I must thank you Captain, for your kindness and hospitality. And I shall not be a burden upon you or your crew; I am more than willing to work to pay my way aboard your ship."

She paused as the wench reappeared and placed a large flagon of ale and four tarnished silver tankards at the centre of their table. As the woman retreated to the bar, Elen continued.

"And secondly there is not much to learn about me. I am alone in this world; my family have all passed on. I have travelled far and wide over this land and many others, and now, with thanks to your generosity Captain, I shall fulfill my ambition to sail upon the wild seas. I suppose in a way you could say that sailing is in my blood, though I am yet to try my hand. I was also lucky enough to encounter Nikun here, who shared my desire to leave this port aboard a fine vessel such as yourn. And that is my tale.... as I said, not much substance and, I'm afraid, not very entertaining in the least."

Elen raised the flagon and filled three of the tankards to the brim and distributed them, choosing to fill her own only halfway. Raising the mug to the others, she tentively lifted it to her nose and sniffed. With a slight shrugging movement she took her first ever sip of the amber liquid.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2010 07:18
The Nadrothagan purred through the dark waters, rippling the stars’ reflections. A touch of acrid smoke--the last echo of burnt flesh and spilled blood--still floated on the wind, burning the nostrils.

Azrakarbú circled the defender of the captives, the dirty blond. The man had at least four inches height on Azra, and at least fifty pounds more in weight--most of which was muscle. Azrakarbú was unable to keep the wicked grin off his face, his eyes burning with an unholy light. Every sidestep was smooth, fluid, almost feline. His knees bent slightly, his hands outstretched to each side, dark eyes never leaving the blue eyes of his opponent.

Azrakarbú waited. He was a patient man. He continued to circle until finally the dirty blond jumped forward, swinging a mighty right hook towards Azra’s jaw.

Azrakarbú laughed and ducked, bringing one solid fist up into the man’s gut. A muffled thud echoed through the boat, but the larger man offered no reaction of pain. Azrakarbú twisted left to avoid a flurry of three more swings, each more powerful than the last.

The dance had begun.

Azrakarbú moved on light feet, twisting, twirling, ducking, and occasionally blocking a blow. The dirty blond heaved with passion, and it was this that Azra admired. However, he lacked direction. Foresight. The things Azrakarbú had been learning and building upon for years.

Azrakarbú played with the man until he felt his opponent begin to tire. Azra slowed his movements a half step, allowing the man to land a hefty punch on his jaw.

Azrakarbú flew backward, his body slamming against the deck with a resounding thud. The captives gave a collective, stifled cry of triumph as the dirty blond closed in. Azrakarbú lay, face on the rough wooden planks, watching the man’s feet from under his arm. Enjoying the act as well as the pain, he rolled the blood in his mouth over his tongue. It tasted metallic. He grinned and uttered a moan just for theatrics sake.

The dirty blond stopped before him and reached down to grab him--possibly to throw him. He never had the chance. Azrakarbú rolled onto his back and, collecting every ounce of strength and power in his body, aimed one precise, powerful kick, catching the man right in the jaw.

The dirty blond’s head snapped back--the unmistakable cracking of bone ripped through the air-- and his body fell as a gasp echoed over the ship. Azrakarbú rolled to his feet, bouncing lightly on his toes. His gleaming eyes sought those of his opponent’s, but he found only the empty eyes of a dead man.

Azrakarbú had snapped his neck.

He sneered at the captives, wiping the blood roughly from his lip.

“You are mine,” he growled, before striding back to his cabin.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dol Amroth heaved with life and activity. Azrakarbú wove through the streets, face hidden by a dark cloak. Underneath, a scarlet cloth tied around his head. If any man had seen the face beneath the shadows, they would have deemed him a man of Harad.

Azrakarbú had left The Nadrothagan just outside of the bay, hidden in a smaller inlet. It would not do to fly so notorious a ship within sight of Dol Amroth. Corsairs were for harrying, not for all out war.

The Tipping Pitcher was not Azrakarbú’s normal choice in a tavern. It was a touch cleaner than the rest, and not nearly so full of malicious characters. Still, it had it’s fair share. He would have passed it by, had it not been for the echoes of violence that rolled out of the battered door.

Detecting a bar fight, Azrakarbú could not resist. His heart beat a little faster in his chest as he ducked under the doorway. It took a moment for his eyes to adjust, but within seconds he noted the chaos within…

[Sorry, I felt I couldn't do much more without your people actually beginning the fight]

[Edited on 21/2/2010 by Adara_Cochava]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email