Register

Author Topic:
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
Post Chapter quote X
on: December 03, 2007 01:32
After Turin discovers that Gwindor has revealed his identity;

Now when Turin learned from Finduilas of what had passed he was wrathful, and he said to Gwindor; 'In love I hold you for rescue and safe keeping. But now you have done ill to me, friend, to betray my right name, and call down my doom upon me, from which I would lie hid."
But Gwindor answered;' The doom lies in yourself, not in your name."

Why did Gwindor reveal Turin's true identity?

From what has happened so far, do you think that hiding his identity can protect Turin from his Doom?

[Edited on 3/12/2007 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Post RE: Chapter quote X
on: December 03, 2007 04:01
Why did Gwindor reveal Turin's true identity?
It could be that he did it because he knew about the curse and wanted to protect Finduilas but I think it was more out of jealousy. He loved Finduilas and knew that she loved Turin. He also couldn't bear that Turin had taken a place of honor with the people and the King, a place that he once held.

From what has happened so far, do you think that hiding his identity can protect Turin from his Doom?
I agree with Gwindor's words that the curse is with himself and not his name. But I can also see where Turin would think so. It seems that once the people around him know who he is or he makes himself known (by wearing the dragon helm) that that is when the curse starts causing trouble again.

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email