~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Post RE: Welcome-chitchat
on: February 13, 2008 10:48
Hee hee, 7 Hot, don't tell me you attempt stg like *this*
http://neldor.deviantart.com/art/How-To-Catch-An-Elf-55137602

Uh-oh, I hope we haven't scared away or confused any newbies... :rolleyes:
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: February 14, 2008 02:39
Drooling over feanorians, pages full of it you think that might scare newbies away? Nooo, can't be .
Perhaps it's time a bit for a new subject to talk about.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Nenya_Ring
Galadriel's Wishmaster Apprentice
Send Message
on: February 14, 2008 10:04
Quoth the mod: nevermore.

I'll change the topic, I promise! Once I've had enough daydreaming about Maedhros...

Nice to see the bunch still having fun.
Image ImageGaladriel's Wishmaster Apprentice
~nólemë~
Send Message
on: February 14, 2008 10:23
LOL. Yeah, why should legolusters have all the fun!

*doesn't have any interesting topic at the moment as the fëanoreans occupy most of her thoughts, so she resumes lurking in a corner, waiting for newbies to come along*
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2008 02:27
feanorians still taking up my thoughts... ( tall,strong dark and or red haired noldor... :drool: ) i could watch that all day...

in the meantime... i'll just talk about feanorians until some newbie askes about legolas (i will then attempt to head them in the right direction to some leggy fan-club) :naughty:

so we all love maedhros... anyone else like Caranthir (or is it just me?...) ?

btw: lol! nice pic noleme! i just might do that... :naughty: :blush:
Give me a horse and watch me fly!
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2008 04:07
Hi. I have a question and didn't know where else to post it: What's a Mary Sue? I've heard the term but don't really know what it means. Can someone help me out here?
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: February 17, 2008 12:06
I'll help you out there LoL . It's a term for instance used in fanfic (I think you probably mean it in that context too right?) and it means the following (googling it or looking at wikipedia helps a lot ):

"Mary Sue is a pejorative term used to describe a fictional character, either male or female, that is portrayed in overly idealized and clichéd ways, lacking noteworthy flaws, and primarily functioning as wish-fulfillment fantasies for their authors. While the label "Mary Sue" itself originates from a parody of this type of character, most characters labeled "Mary Sues" by readers are not intended by authors as such. Another definition of Mary-Sue is a character who is too perfect to be true, i. e. one with too many positive character traits compared to actual character flaws, or being remarkably attractive in comparison to the other characters."

I hope that helps a bit .

LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2008 05:35
Thanks, I get it now.
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
~nólemë~
Send Message
on: February 17, 2008 07:21
Hi LOTR_obsessed_loony, and welcome! :hug:

If you're interested in Mary Sues and 10th member fanfic, I wonder if you have read Camilla Sandman's OFUM stories? They're a hilarious parody about the world of young fanfic writers. You get to know more than you wished for about Mary Sues, 10th member fanfic, nuzgul and such stuff

Eh, 7 Hot, are you being serious, asking whether there's another Moryo fan? I might take offence, being so neglected, you know :naughty:
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2008 09:37
mary sue stories make me laugh!

of course i know there are Moryo lovers out there! i just want to know who they are... (cause if i get rid of them...i'll have him all to myself :naughty: ... Just kidding... :blush: ) i was just reading the part about where he dies... it made me sad! :sob:

has anyone seen the parody 'friday night bordome'? i just found it on you-tube...and it's way funny! it's making fun of the council of elrond!
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: February 18, 2008 12:45
yes!!!! i used to have the link on my signature!!1 its so funny when aragorns like i for one think theyre scared away by our manlliness. rawr! and when legolas is like im a woman. i like boys.
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2008 08:50
no!no more girls...'cause i want all the boys tomyself! LOL! if anyone hasn't seen that...you gotta watch it! it's soooo funny!

actually i've found lot's of funny spoofs on youtube... i'm not going to anem them all though...
HaldirofLorien13
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2008 09:01
I love that movie! "I'm a woman. I like boys!" I love that line! Best movie ever on youtube!
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2008 04:44
i know! isn't it funny!

everyone must be busy right now...i got grounded for a week...and only one post here and i got no pm's! in a whole week! ... i feel lonly...

so what's up everyone!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: March 01, 2008 07:59
Grounded? What mischief have you been up to? Teasing and oggling at hot feanorians?
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2008 02:31
actuall lord gondolinian...that about sums it up! my naneth couldn't get me off the computer...so she just grounded me... :blush: ( i like your word btw...oggling... lol!)

oh well... i'm back and i'm loving it!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: March 05, 2008 08:04
I've been there too, being online too much but I was too old then to be grounded by my parents, they just tried to give me a guiltfeeling lol and I stand corrected, the verb is ogle, not oggle :blush: grammar-error, my apologies.
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2008 08:11
Oggle's better, IMO. More nonsensical, and ogle sounds so dirty...
I got banned from the computer recently, but I was back on within 12 hours. Mind you, once, my mum held out for over a fortnight... it was a total nightmare.
frodofan14
Send Message
on: March 05, 2008 03:04
i havent posted here in ages.... idk why..... hmm. whats up?
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2008 05:28
Welcome to all new ones! :wave: :cheers:

And... I just wanted to say that... :disco:

CoE is the best site and I love being here and I love you guys! :hug: :love:
I have made many friends here! Some I have contact with also through pm:s and e-mails. With some, I even have contact outside internet, through mails!
This is the best place ever! You all at CoE are a great, wonderful, lovely bunch of people! :heart:

And the Language Section is terrific! :love: :disco:
(If my mentors are reading this: Don't give up on me. I've just been busy. I am not leaving anything! Warm hugs to dirk_math, Fíriel, Gwendeth and Malinornë! :hug: You are wonderful!)

My best to you naneth, mellon nín! She has a sweet daughter full of mischief! And I have missed you... :heart: And... And... I so love your drawings! :hug: :love:

Welcome back, frodofan14! :hug: I am not seen around much either. Mostly only in Ulmo and the clubs I belong to.

I might pop in every now and then, though! Since some of my other friends are found outside the realm and clubs. And I do miss everyone of my friends that I do not have regular contact with. :cry:

Oh, and frodofan? Send your mother my love and give her a huuuuuuuuuuge hug from me, will you? She is really lovely!
frodofan14
Send Message
on: March 11, 2008 09:36
raina, no one seems to post here much often any more, the big crowd is at the green dragon. and my mom is now in florida (lucky her) and she refused to take any of her family . kidding.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2008 04:10
Gone already, is she? I am so happy for her! I hope she'll have a great time there! And I know already that she hoped to bring you along, and was sad that she couldn't. Next time, dear, next time. :hug:

And I jumped into Green Dragon as well. And people will come here again, as long as we keep posting, don't worry about it .
Nimiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2008 06:33
ok, then i'm gonna post and post and post and post and post and wait and wait and wait and wait for people to come back
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2008 10:38
You are not alone, dear! :hug: Now we are three! :disco:

How have you been doing? Except for whacking people around in the Pillow Fight and taken some time off to restore energy?
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2008 12:46
greetings! i'm baaaaaack! :naughty:

hello all! i decided to join you once again! i've been busy/lazy and havn't had time to get on... and now that i'm back...i'll help ya in posting over and over and over and...

so what are we talking about now?

i hope you all didn't miss me much...no honestly, i hope you didn't think "where is 7hot?" ... :rolleyes:
Nimiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2008 04:38
welcome back, 7hot....... i missed you, but you can make everything alright if you start table-dancing at the sleepover

ok, now it's four of us.... what do we talk about.....

and by the way - where are all the newbies? seem to be everywhere except the newbieforum
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2008 11:07
indeed...the newbies are everywhere but here. i've met at least four people on the "introduce-yourself-/-i-need-a-buddy"forums...

i'll work on the table dancing...
Moonsong
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2008 06:21
Well here's a newbie Where are you guys talking about in this topic?
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2008 01:37
Greeeeeeeeeeetings again! Yes, 7hot, I have missed you! :hug:
Nim! greetings! And greetings Newbie! It is so nice to see you! Currently, we are not having any other topic but: "gathered and happy to see you!"

But, we are happy to see you! Be very welcome to CoE! :hug:

So... a topic then, huh? How about: What we love most about CoE (thus making all admins and mods thrilled and exalted )?

I love the people here: warm, friendly, lovely, funny, friendly, helping, generous, sweet - and the list goes forever on and on... And the wonderful language sections, the fun games, the realms, the clubs... And... because it is about LotR of course!!!! :naughty: :love: :disco:
Nimiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2008 07:14
hey moonsong :wave:

we're talking about nonsense most of the time... so if you could increase our niveau a little, you're more than welcome

sshhh.. raina... *whispers* if you want the admins and mods to feel exalted, you should make THEM compliments, not us other members

my top 5 of coe:
5) the last homely house
4) encyclopedia
3) the humor section
2) the gallery (awesome!!!!)
1) the big and friendly community!!!!
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2008 10:17
Neah, no worries, you sweet you with the giant pillow! I am sure they are happy as long as we love it here at CoE and enjoys ourselves! :love:

Just dig right in, Moonsong! Talk about anything that you wish, we are all ears! :hug:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: March 17, 2008 12:26
Since it's going towards Easter... who's a sweettooth in here? Pie or cake? Candy or cookie? Chocolate or marzipan?
Nimiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2008 01:38
yay!!! i'll have everything except marzipan, if you don't mind

mmmpfff.... yummy! fanks gondolinian!
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2008 01:14
mmmm...i'll take a little of everything! i love sweets! i've never had marzipan before though...is it good?

greetings moonsong! :wave: so glad to see a new face on here! so since were talking about nothing...what do you like about lotr?

my favs of CoE are: the forums, all my awsome buddies, gondolinian is awsome!, and the humor section...

*hey...i want to post some artwork on here...but i think the pics are too big... suggestions anyone?*
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: March 18, 2008 09:28
The best way to do it is post it under 'fan creations' => 'fan art - member's art'. It's best you don't post any pictures or links here, unless you put a link in your signature.
Is it your art or someone else's? If it's from someone else, than don't forget to credit them .

Greetings

Errandir of Gondolin

PS: no idea how marzipan tastes either, tasted it before and don't like it .
<< First7891011Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email