Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Durin-The-Deathless
Council Member
Send Message
what really grinds my gears are people who live life like they are never going to die and try to belittle everyone else. and like Hobitthole_dweller said, i must be fromk another universe to like the stuff i like. and people who judge my music choices. my last gear grinder is people who don't understand sarcasm.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Hypocrisy and arrogance.

But my gears rarely grind anymore. I'll be 60 early 2016, I've read almost everything written on philosophy by Seneca (the Roman stoic philosopher Lucius Annaeus Seneca, also known as the younger, c. 4 BC – AD 65) and much modern stuff which goes in the same direction, so I have managed to reach a stoic mind-set to a degree. Add cynicism (a word derived from another Greek philosophical school, though its modern meaning may deviate from the original one) and my blood pressure manages to remain far below critical levels where others find their gears grinding. Not always. I did write "rarely" above ... Image
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
When you really wanna go hiking, so you plan to go to the Cascades. And then the people you invited go without you.
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email