Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
Post RE: The Journey of the Young - the role play
on: October 13, 2009 03:45
“Not by choice,” she said, “I prefer the life of a commoner. I don’t like being watched or helped, unless I ask of it.” Lena shook her head. “I don’t like the formality of the court or being bowed too. I like the comforts of the wilderness. Simple amenities – food, water, a roof over my head – that is all I am in need of.”

~*~*~

Virtu came into the bedroom. Her head was bowed, but it was held high. She walked over to Aruviel without saying a word. Slowly, she sank to her knees beside her and looked up. “I am not mad…anymore,” she told her, “I just wish you had told me. My knowing my past would not have jeopardized my life. I would not have told.”

She followed her out of the room and to the stables. She smiled as she picked Duryn up. “I must follow them,” she said, “There is no way that you can stop me. I love him and he loves I…I believe.” Virtu got atop a horse and followed them out.

~*~*~*~

(JP between West and I)

Lena rode the auburn stallion. She held the leather reigns lightly in her hands. She kept her near sightless gaze forward and her back straight. Cascading down the back of her white dress, were her long, pale locks. She looked much like her mother, except that Lena appeared uncomfortable atop the horse. When her mother would have felt natural sitting astride this beast, Lena felt vulnerable and could not find her bearings. She was unnerved by the whole situation, and adding to the unease, she felt prying eyes gazing upon her. “Yes?” she asked softly.

Marigold rode a little behind Lena on a grey pony. She twisted the reigns around in her fingers, remembering string tricks from when she was a child in the Shire. The pony trotted slowly and carelessly along behind the other horses, and Marigold gazed at the surrounding plains. She shot occasional glances at the others riding in the group, sitting high above her on their regal horses.

Elfwine was embarrassed when Lena caught him looking at her. "I'm sorry," he told her. "You look uncomfortable. Are you all right?"

"I suppose so. But, I would rather be walking, sire, than to be atop this horse," Lena said. "Riding a horse is something I am not akin to doing. It is easier for me to get around by foot than by beast. I can't tell if we are going left or right or which of the four winds we are fallowing. By foot it is much easier. I can hear the echo of my staff and feel where things are underfoot. Up here, all I hear is the sounds of hooves and feel the reigns."

She sighed as she shifted in her saddle. "I am a woman of Rohan and yet, being atop the saddle is not where I feel I belong," she said, "I can remember my mother riding atop her horse. She loved it." She closed her eyes again and sighed. "She was atop her horse the day she died...the day she and my father were attacked...the day I lost my sight and went into exile."

"Oh..." Elfwine shifted awkwardly. "I'm sorry, my lady."

Marigold watched Lena and Elfwine from her pony, her brow creased. She had never asked how Lena lost her sight, and her heart went out to her. Poor Lena, she thought. She stared out across the open hills, towards Minas Tirith. Her dark eyes scanned the horizon for any sign of the city where her best friend was being held captive. There was none. Of course not, she told herself. They were not nearly far enough yet. She let out a sigh.

“I do not tell you what happened for your pity,” Lena said. Her lips purse. “I do not want it nor do I need it!” She shook her head. “What has happened, happened. The past cannot be undone.”

The Rohirrium woman shifted in the saddle. She adjusted her hands so that the grip was easier, lighter. As she rode, she held herself proudly and tall, even though she was daunted by the ride.

“My mother was your kin, Elfwine. I thought you knew that,” she said after awhile.

"Yes," said Elfwine. He decided he probably shouldn't try to apologize again. He made small talk with Marigold for a while, including Lena in the conversation. They reached the grove of trees where Marigold and Lena had spent the night on their way to Minas Tirith, and passed by. They still had quite a ways to go.

Lena rode onwards. She listened to the chatter and added something here and there, but she didn’t add much or nor did she say much. She wished to get there and rescue them all, especially Barahir. Nearing the castle, she looked up at it. “Something seems amuck,” she whispered.

Sure enough, a rogue group charged them. Lena hopped off her horse and as she raced to the castle’s entrance she swung at each fiend that came towards her – knocking them to th ground.

WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2009 12:21
Marigold was getting tired of riding to Minas Tirith. Her head ached, and she closed her eyes. A few moments later she heard Lena’s voice, and she looked up. At first she saw nothing, and wondered what Lena was worried about, but then she heard hoof beats and a band of horsemen rode up over a hill. Their faces were rugged and tanned from the sun. Marigold realized right away that they were not from the city, and they were probably here to cause trouble.

Lena swung skillfully at the horsemen as they pounded toward the group. Marigold caught glimpses of the girl out of the corner of her eye, and was filled with admiration. Marigold herself had nothing to fight with, and she moved her pony to dodge the blows aimed at her by the horsemen.

To her horror, she saw that quite a few of Eldarion’s men had fallen from their horses. She didn’t know what their chances were, or if they would need help. She kept moving steadily towards the city.
________

Meanwhile, Barahir and the other prisoners had reached the armory and collected some weapons. Barahir glanced out the window looking out over the city and the surrounding hills, and far in the distance he saw small figures…outside the city walls, there appeared to be a skirmish going on. He alerted the others and they all headed down the steps from the armory and out of the castle. They rushed down the city streets, avoiding the surprised residents who had been going about their daily business.

At last they burst out of the city gates. Barahir stopped and stared at the scene before him; he recognized several people he had half-doubted he would ever see again. “Marigold! Lena! Eldarion!” he cried, raising his sword and rushing into the battle. The others followed.

After that, it was over fast. The rogues were easily overpowered. Barahir found Marigold and pulled her into a huge hug.
“Oh, Barahir,” Marigold gasped, tears filling her eyes. “I missed you so much.”
“I missed you too,” Barahir whispered.
Marigold leaned her head against his shoulder and breathed in his familiar scent.

Then Barahir caught sight of Lena, slightly disheveled from the fighting. He stood and smiled at Marigold, who grinned back. He walked over to Lena. “Hello, my lady,” he said nervously.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: October 17, 2009 04:55
Lena fought as hard and as best as she could. With each swing, Lena contacted with a fiend. But, she could scarcely see. It wasn’t only because of her poor eyesight, but also sweat was dripping down her forehead and into her eyes. She tried to ignore the droplets, but she knew that she would have to wipe them away soon.

“Get away from here, Marigold. Get yourself to safety,” she shouted over the din of the battle. Lena hoped that the hobbit heard her.

The sweat had dripped into her eyes too long. She stopped for a moment to sweep the sweat away so that she could see a little better. That was a mistake. One of the men took advantage of her not moving and attacked. Lena felt the blade connect with her side. She twisted and deflecting the blow.

Hearing someone call her name, she craned her neck. Seeing Barahir, her heart skipped a beat. But she did not stop to fight. Lena continued the fight until the battle had been won.

She stood there in the center of the battle. Weary from the fight and from the wound. She held her arms limply to her side as she glanced around, seeing the survivors mulling around, but nothing was clear – the people were shadowlike. Lena shook her head and tried to clear the fog away.

Hearing Barahir speak to her again, she dropped her staff. A weary smile spread across her face. “I thought I would never hear your voice again,” she said as she stumbled over to him. Lena threw her arms around Barahir and hugged him tightly. As she did, her legs gave way under her. She had passed out from the wound on her side.

WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2009 05:09
Barahir was not expecting Lena's reaction. She threw her arms around him and then practically fainted in his arms. Barahir blushed. Marigold smiled half-awkwardly at him and he smiled back as he lifted Lena and carried her back to the city gates.

There he found Eldarion and Elfwine, recovering from the battle. "Would it be all right if I went back up to the citadel and had rooms prepared for the injured ones?" he said.

An hour later the injured men had been brought up from the hill and doctors had been called to examine them. The first doctor to arrive went to Lena, and her wound was cleaned and bandaged. Barahir sat on the edge on a chair at her bedside, watching with anxious eyes. When the doctor left, he moved from the chair to the foot of the bed and he took her hand. He watched her sleep, her pale gold hair spread over her shoulders, her lovely face…Lena, Lena, Lena, he whispered her name.

There was a tap on the door, and it creaked open. Marigold entered, wearing a clean white dress that smelled of lavender. She padded across the room and stood beside Barahir. “How is she?” she asked. She touched Lena’s forehead gently. “I don’t think she has a fever.”

“No,” said Barahir gratefully. The doctor hadn’t told him whether or not she was feverish and he hadn’t worked up the courage to check for himself.

“Do you know when she’ll wake up?” said Marigold, interrupting his thoughts. “Are you going to go talk to King Eldarion and Elfwine?” Barahir nodded, his eyes still on Lena. “When she wakes up. I don’t know how long that will be. Hopefully soon.”

“I’ll tell them,” said Marigold, then quietly left the room, closing the door behind her. Barahir continued to sit by Lena, willing her to feel better and wake soon.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 09, 2009 04:16
For three days they rode to Minas Tirith. But when they were almost there, they were attacked. The group fought bravely, and soon defeated the rogues, but not without injury.

King Eldarion surveyed his kingdom. Soon he shall find this usurper and make him pay for what he has done.

He came to the Houses of Healing. "Barahir! Good to see you... are you ok?" he asked the Steward. "Where is Glicyn?"

((agh that was lame... ))

[Edited on 11/10/2009 by Erucenindë]
~Stella~
Send Message
on: December 02, 2009 11:40
Lena was awake before she opened her eyes. She felt the softness of the bed under her as well as the delicateness of the blanket draped over her torso. The gown she was in was soft and silky, quite unlike what she had been wearing. She was aware that her skin did not feel grimy, as it usually did. She could feel the bandaged wrapped around her abdomen – it was tight and restraining. She was also aware of someone holding her hand as he whispered her name. Both his voice and his touch were strong and gentle.

Slightly, she opened her eyes just a crack. She could hardly see - which was something Lena was used to – but she could still make out shadows and shapes. “Barahir,” she asked in a groggy sounding voice. “Hey.” She tried to sit herself up, but she stopped when it pulled. The pull made her wince and bite her lip – she did not like to show her vulnerabilities.

“We won the battle,” she whispered. “But, I did not see, well I should say I did not hear this Glicyn figure around. I believe he fled. Hello m’lord.”

~*~*~*~

Eva looked upon the city. She looked at the dead and dying around her. “This is horrible,” she said to Aranel.

WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2009 01:52
Barahir felt Lena shift a little as she woke up. “You’re awake,” he said gently. “Are you all right?” He squeezed her hand. She tried to sit up and he saw her wince in pain. It made him wince, too. He was about to tell her she ought to lay still when she spoke, and he had to lean towards her to hear her faint voice. “Marigold said she didn’t see him either,” Barahir said. “He ran away after the other prisoners and I saw him in the hallway to the armory. We were afraid he would cause trouble for us.”

Marigold entered the room. “Lena, you’re awake!” she said cheerfully. “I was coming to check on you. I have some food.” She set a tray on the table beside the bed and turned to Barahir. “I told King Eldarion and Elfwine that you would come as soon as possible. In fact, I think they’re coming here right now.”

Sure enough, the door opened a moment later and Eldarion appeared. Lena greeted him and Barahir stood and bowed. “Your Majesty.”
~Stella~
Send Message
on: December 21, 2009 06:11
“Yes, I am awake,” Lena replies in a soft voice. “I’m fine. I’m just a little sore, that’s all.” She squeezed his hand back and smiled softly. Her smile broadened as she heard Marigold’s voice. “It appears that way,” she said, “Thank-you for the food,” she says taking the food.

~*~*~*~

The night of the battle was the last time Glicyn was seen. With the battle won, peace again settled over Middle-earth. And with the peace came love. With love came happiness with Beorhtír and Lena as well as a Virtu Desole and King Eldarion. And all was right with the world.

OOC: I think this would be a good time to end this rpg thread. Great job everyone!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email