Register

Author Topic:
Adeneth
Council Member
Send Message
Post Ranking
on: January 31, 2009 07:55
I have a question:
A lot of people on this site have rankings, such as "Council Member" (which is what you start with as a new member). What do you do to move up in these ranks?

[Edited on 31/1/2009 by Adeneth]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinliƫ - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Post RE: Ranking
on: January 31, 2009 11:29
There are several ways to get a new rank:

- first of all the user points. You can see how many points you have, how to get them and what the rewards are if you go to 'My Account' on top of the screen and then to 'User Points'. You will see there that when you have 25 user points you will get the rank of CoE Volunteer, and that when you have 100 points you get a unique rank. All the specifics about it are listed on that page. Keep in mind there is no way to get several dozens of points overnight, as it does require work and effort done to earn the points.
- You can get the rank of 'Council Contributor' if you donate some money to help keep the site online (servers and stuff cost money, even though the rest of the site is purely volunteering by the owner, admins and mods, no one earns any money for that). To find out more, you can check out this link.
- You get a different rank (that you can partially choose yourself) when you become a moderator or admin. This is a job you are asked for, it's no use putting yourself out there as 'wanting to be mod or admin' or pming people you would love to get one of those positions.

I hope this helped a bit!

Errandir of Gondolin
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 24, 2010 04:43
I have a question concerning ranking.

I recently earned enough points for "CoE Volunteer". It shows that I have the points required,but no rank change. Is the rank changing automatic,or do I have to wait for an admin to change it?

Or since I have a "mod title",is the Volunteer rank void?

Just wondering.
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: April 26, 2010 02:19
Hi there,

Nope, that is something that I check on, and update when I see someone has earned the user points.

And yes, because you have a 'mod' title, that's why it doesn't show the COE Volunteer title. It's not 'void' at all. :heart:
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email