Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Nimthir's Journey
on: September 28, 2010 08:22
"I slept perfectly." She smiled at him.

Rúkh smiled back at her.

"Good. I had hoped no more demons of the night would trouble your dreams."

"Indeed it does smell delicious! My stomache is demanding that it be fed and its hunger only grows from the smell of your work Niluphel!"

"Hear, hear!" Rúkh replied with a soft laugh, "The others had better wake soon or they will find all the food completely vanished, and the only trace a lingering scent in the air and a contented smile on our faces."

maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2010 11:25
Nimthir padded across the dewy grass as she heard the voices of the others and left Berior who was still sleeping. She turned across the centerline of the rows of tents and found Rukh, Eodwyn and Niluphel cheerily eating breakfast together. The smell of the food overwhelmed her and she walked over to Niluphel, smiling.

"You have been hard at work, My Lady. I am gracious of your time an energy that you have put into making this meal. It will surely give us all a good start this morning. For today I have decided the company is to pack up camp and continue on our road. For we still have far to travel."

Nimthir Sat down and Niluphel gave her a plate with hot food on it. She ate it graciously and happily. It had been long since she felt food in her stomach.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2010 01:11
Nilûphil was unused to compliments and murmured her thanks in response to them while turning pink... which she tried to pass off as heat from the fire.

She gave everything one final stir, checking to see if it was finished, before serving it. She tried to surreptitiously look around for Naris since everyone else was still where they lay... and Rûkh and Eodwyn were both occupied with their meal and each other. She was glad that, however tenuously, they had started to reach some sort of understanding. She helped herself to the food and settled back to enjoy, keeping an eye on things to ensure they wouldn't burn.

Lady Nimthir soon joined them and announced that they would be moving on later that day. She felt her stomach drop in... excitement? dread? guilt? probably some combination of all three. She found her eyes casting around the old ruins... this was the farthest she'd been from home... she'd have to leave a note. When all came to light, this was where her brother and father would search and it would not do to have them think the worst... She cast another quick look around for Naris as some of the others joined them, decided that she was looking for him so she could return his cloak and make sure he was alright... she had a right to be worried.

and she turned to face Nimthir

"My Lady... with your permission, I would like to join your company. I can and will do the cooking and I am a skilled healer and will put all my talents at your disposal"

what would she do if she said no?
Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2010 04:41
Rúkh looked up as the elven lady approached. He had seen very few elves in his time. A life of seclusion did not incline one to run into the elegant folk. And looking upon the elf woman in the light of dawn, he could see why her people were praised for their beauty and grace. Still, he thought with a glance at Eodwyn's face, he found none compared to the woman at his side.

For he saw in her face both elegance and strength. Honesty, compassion, and sweet warmth. He delighted in the way her eyes lit up when he smiled at her. Enjoyed the way she traced circles in his palm.

His face flushed a little as he dropped his gaze. Who would have thought that only a few weeks into his journeying he should stumble upon one who made his heart sing in such a fashion.

It will surely give us all a good start this morning. For today I have decided the company is to pack up camp and continue on our road. For we still have far to travel."

Rúkh glanced up again, swallowing a mouthful of potatoes before speaking.

"And where, might I ask, are we headed exactly?"
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2010 02:54
As Nimthir began to get up and clear her throat, announcing leave for the company that morning. Niluphel turned to face her, fear in her eyes.

"My Lady... with your permission, I would like to join your company. I can and will do the cooking and I am a skilled healer and will put all my talents at your disposal"

Her voice quivered as Nimthir looked deep into her eyes. How fearful, how young and inexperienced she was, yet her soul was fiery and true and honest, with a passion that could not be dampened. She would be willing to help, to stand by their side no matter what. Idhren would easily except her, why should she not?

"My dear child... I am unnerved by the fear in your eyes, you see... I thought for a moment that you doubted whether you would be accepted in our company. For I have not doubted once that you always would be. And so I would be unsatisfied on this journey unless you do, indeed, join our fellowship." She gave a small, yet truly sincere smile to the girl, and brushed a piece of hair back from her face, to see that a single tear fell down her cheek.

She turned and spoke to Rukh.

"We are headed to helms Deep, we have not any more than 2 or so weeks to get there. We must leave this morn, when everyone is prepared for the journey ahead. I am pondering a side trip to Edoras. Now, please do not be rushed but we must leave before the afternoon." She turned and walked back to the tents. She must wake the child.

They had a long journey yet ahead of them.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2010 04:08
Nilûphil must have been more nervous and open with her emotions than she thought- she hadn't realized she had been on the verge of tears until one slide down her cheek. After Lady Nimthir left, she gave a small shuddering sigh of relief.

She had always prided herself on being able to keep her emotions hidden, in check... but then, the Lady Nimthir was an elf, and supposedly they were able to see and read things that others could not. She smoothed her dress again
"I'll do the dishes when I return..." she said by means of excusing herself. She rose and returned to her bag and pulled out her journal. Not many pages left... she tore out three sheets.

She started a letter to her family as a whole, telling them not to worry about her and explaining, pleading for them to understand.... she wrote another letter to her younger sister, Milien, who was almost old enough to veil her hair... and then, to her brother, Borinon, whom she trusted to find these, she simply wrote some words a lullaby that their grandmother used to sing to them.

How can the small flowers grow,
if the wild wind blows
and the cold snow is all around?
Where will the frail birds fly,
if their homes on high
have been torn down to the ground?

Lift the wings,
that carry me away from here and
fill the Sail,
that breaks the line to home,
but when I'm miles and miles apart from you.
I'm beside you when I think of
you...

She folded the three together, and scrawled an image of a crescent moon and a small field of stars on the outside. She placed them on the ground inside her building, Borinon would know to look there. She placed a pebble on top to keep them inside, and away from the rain that was already starting to gather on the not so distant horizon... it was always raining in Gondor.

Her bag was already packed, she washed the scarf she'd used as a rag- it could be useful later on...

Nilûphil returned to the fire, most everyone had finished eating and Naris's cloak was gone... She gathered the dishes into the pot and lugged it to the small stream where she set about washing them. Lunch she figured would be in the saddle and would be some of the hard bread and apples she had brought.

she had another thought- she had no horse... where or who would she ride with?

Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2010 05:12
"We are headed to helms Deep, we have not any more than 2 or so weeks to get there. We must leave this morn, when everyone is prepared for the journey ahead. I am pondering a side trip to Edoras. Now, please do not be rushed but we must leave before the afternoon."

Helms Deep? Is that wise?

Eodwyn furrowed her eyebrows. The last thing she was aware of about Rohan and Helms Deep was that King Theodens people are not really inclined to take in a group of strangers, especially a group such as theirs.

"Nimthir!" Eodwyn left Rukhs side and caught up to their Elven leader.

"Do you think it wise to go to Helms Deep? The people of Rohan are not the welcoming people they used to be." She said all of this in hushed elvish.

"Once we have arrived there, what is waiting for us?"

She felt the eyes of the others beginning to stare at the two of them as they argued.

maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2010 02:38
Nimthir immediately put herself on guard.

"We must. I do not ask this company to follow, for I go only for one I love. Not for others. Please consider this wisely, and tell me if you still wish to come. It is not my will that controls you and your kinsfolk, Eodwyn."

She turned around to face the others that were watching them argue. She waved them off and motioned to the tents
briskly.

"We must be off before the noon, as I have said before. I would think it wise to gather your things and prepare."

She looked into her eyes for a moment or so, then turned and strode away with power and grace. Her decision was all that mattered to her, she was so close, so very close to the journeys end and to seeing Legolas's face once again. She wished not for the company to be under great pressure, nothing there held them to her or her kin, Berior. She was going of her own free will, and so was everyone else.

The journey still had much danger ahead of them. But perhaps Eodwyn was right on one matter, perhaps Edoras was not the place to go. The Rohirrim were far more suspicious of travelers and outsiders than the times before such great evil.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2010 06:35
((OOC: I LOVE that song, Carandra!!! Sorry I've been away guys, got a new job and this slipped my mind.))

Helm's Deep.

Rúkh hadn't heard much of the place. Every now and again he had crossed paths with one of the Rohirrim, but this was a rare occasion. Upon seeing the look of unease on Eodwyn's face, he wondered what would cause such a reaction. Where the people of Rohan particularly unfriendly?

When Eodwyn pursued their elected leader, Rúkh watched. He listened to her words, but could not understand them as they were spoken in Elvish. Still, he enjoyed the sound of her voice. The way she rolled the foreign syllables over her tongue.

Finishing up his breakfast, Rúkh stood and began to saddle the horses and roll up both his and Eodwyn's bedrolls. Though ever his glance strayed to Eodwyn as she talked with Maerwyn.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2010 10:17
Nilûphil sensed the tension form afar while watching Eodwyn and Nimthir, even though she knew they spoke another tongue that could only be elvish. It was beautiful.

She dragged the now clean dishes and pot back to the remnants of the fire. She paused, a moment looking at Rûkh, who was watching Eodwyn with intent, and then started to pack the dishes. She still had yet to see Naris or Rydda yet this day.

"what are your thoughts?"
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2010 06:25
"what are your thoughts?"

Rúkh started at Nilûphil's words, not realizing she was behind him. Shoving his bedroll into his pack to cover his embarrassment, Rúkh cleared his throat.

"The mention of this place - Helm's Deep - it causes the Lady Eodwyn some unease. I fear I do not know why, as I know little of these lands. Do you know? Is this place a dangerous one?"

Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2010 08:01
She shook her head.

"I have never before left the border's of Gondor, and only thrice have I even left my own city... this ruin, here, marks the end of knowledge of the land."

The dishes were packed and the camp showed signs of imminent leaving. She still was unsure of who she would ride with, and felt some feelings of guilt about her family- her brother and sister expected her to be here for another few days before returning home. The lone comforting thoughts was seeing beyond the boundaries of her homeland and the small stack of notes she left behind for her family.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2010 07:42
"I have never before left the border's of Gondor, and only thrice have I even left my own city... this ruin, here, marks the end of knowledge of the land."

Rúkh smiled, a bit distractedly.

"Well then we share much in common. Though I have ventured from the sea, I am yet unfamiliar with these lands."
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2011 03:23
The camp was nearly all packed up, Niluphil and Rukh were talking by the dying fire, and despite the fact that Nimthir was at least twenty feet away from them, her sensitive ears could hear their conversation. She blocked it out, it was time they set off. But before this, she must talk to Niliphil about the plans of travel. She wandered over towards Rukh and Nil, and gently touched Nil's shoulder.

Niluphil snapped her head around, eyeing Nimthir with nervousness. "What is it, my lady?"

"I have given our journey thought, and we are to set out very soon now. It has occured to me that you do not have a mount. Would you perhaps ride with me? I might keep you going at a fast pace along with the rest of the company, and if need be to fight, we are both steady with the blade and I will go to no end to make sure you will not come to harms way. Please, I ask you, ride with me."

Nimthir paused, bringing her hand back to her side. It was time to set off once again. And after that, she did not yet know where it was they were to go.

[Edited on 19/3/2011 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
<< First45678
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email