Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
The_Last_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
Post Thorin's Map
on: October 31, 2010 11:12
So my wife, being the amazing woman that she is, is letting me put my LotR maps on the wall of our living room. I have a good collection of these maps, but am missing a nice copy of Thorin's Map from The Hobbit. Does anyone know where a poster-sized map of this fantastic piece may be purchased?
Aegor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Thorin's Map
on: December 04, 2010 12:43
A bit late with this reply but I hope this helps. For Thorin's map try looking at Indy Magnoli's site, he makes some incredible props including this map. Judging by the pics and feedback from people who bought it you won't find anything better than this anywhere in the world.

http://www.indyprops.com/
The_Last_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2011 09:00
I ended up finding a great replica of a the map here:

http://www.dunedainradio.com/

It's no Indy Mongolia, but it's good.
Aegor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 12, 2011 11:28
That's a great looking map you found, good price too. I really like it and might just pull the trigger on it someday
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Thorin
on: April 08, 2012 03:40
Sorry - just found your question. I donated to Middle- Earth Network and received an awesome versin of Thorin;s map - about 18 x 24 inches. Here is their main site http://mymiddle-earth.net/. This network is amazing - fantasy-inspired music, including Tolkien and others; the Mythgard institute (where you can work on a degreee in Enlgish lit specializing in Tolkien and fantasy), blogs, radio shows...... I had the map framed professionally and it looks authentic. The artist is Daniel Govar.

I don't know whether they are still giving them out as I think they had a limited quantity, but it may be worth checking out
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2013 05:32
I think now you can get one like at a book store or something that comes with Thorin's key, but it is not poster size.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2013 10:54
I'd suggest making your own....Just take a paper bag, take it apart and glue it together so the logos are on the inside (that way both sides are blank), and then sketch or take a piece of tissue paper(or something similar) sketch out the lines (if you are using the tissue paper use charcoal and then press the lines on the paper bag) outline with pencil first so you can see and fix any errors. Then ink it. ^.^ I made a map of Middle Earth this way before, and I'm working on making a new/better one. It just takes patience, but to me at least it would be worth it more so than buying a map.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2013 09:42
That is a very good idea! I might have to try that myself! Thanks Lastiel!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email