Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Frisian_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
Post Frisian translation
on: January 14, 2011 04:39
Hi, I read on your forum (February 2010) that some of you were intrigued by/interested in the Frisian translation. Welll... Actually, I am the translator. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have on the book!
RangerStryder
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Frisian translation
on: January 14, 2011 11:35
Are you Anne Tjerk Popkema?

cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: January 15, 2011 03:03
Oh WOW! A huge welcome and thanks for popping your head out of your round front-door!

I would love to get hold of a copy, but don't know how. I feel that this translation is very important and it should continue to be available.
Hercynian
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2011 09:23
I too would love a copy of the Frisian Tolkien. My wife is Mennonite and their dialect is based on Frisian.
Frisian_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2011 09:35
Hi you all. Yes, my name is Anne Tjerk Popkema, and I am very glad you all show such kind interest in my translation. Anyone interested in bying a copy of the book, can send an email to Jitske Kingma at [email protected]. She's my publisher (homepage: www.elikser.nl) and will be able to help you out. If you still encounter problems in ordering, please let me know at [email protected] (my homepage is: www.taalburopopkema.nl).
Thanks again for your enthusiastic interest, and "spread the word"!
Frisian_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2011 01:33
I just found out the largest online book store of the Netherlands (bol.com) also sells the book. They should be able to help you without any difficulty. If you want to order a copy, cpoy this link inot your browser: http://www.bol.com/nl/s/algemeen/zoekresultaten/Ntt/popkema+hobbit/Ntk/media_all/Nty/1/N/0/Ne/0/search/true/searchType/qck/index.html?_requestid=37682
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2011 07:34
I might try and get a copy of this. I'm surprised I can actually read it a little bit. I don't think American's can buy from this site?
Is there or do you plan on doing a translation of Lord of the Rings?

[Edited on 19/1/2011 by starofdunedain]
Frisian_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2011 02:14
If you have problems ordering at bol.com, please send an email to my publisher ([email protected]). She will then be able to help, I think.
It is not that surprising you should be able to read and understand some Frisian: it is after all the closest living linguistic relative to English - they are linguistic sisters, so to speak.
A Frisian translation of LotR is being made as we speak, but not by me (I am merely a consultant on the project). The first book is planned for this summer at, again, the Elikser publishing house. It will be awesome!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email