Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
Post Behind the Scenes
on: February 17, 2011 01:48
There used to be a forum about stuff that went on behind the scenes, so I decided to put up a new one.
Put anything interestering abou the cast/crew you know here/
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Behind the Scenes
on: March 18, 2011 03:34
Billy and Dom are afraid of heights. Billy Boyd is extremely sensitive to the cold. Orlando Bloom has a computer phobia.

~Nicknames~
Dominic Bernard Patrick Luke Monaghan: Dom, Dommie (to fangirls)
William "Billy" Boyd: Billy, Bill, Pippin, Pip, Pickle
Elijah Jordan Wood: Lijah, Lij (to fangirls), Spark-plug, Monkey, Elwood, Ellie (to fangirls)
Orlando Bloom: Elfboy, Orli, Lando, Leggy
Viggo Mortenson: No-ego Viggo, Viggie (to fangirls, pronounced "vee-gee")
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2011 05:10
COOL! Thanks!
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2011 12:25
Sure! You comment on all of my posts. Thank YOU! I'll post more on here when I've brushed up on my trivia. BTW, how old are you?
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: March 21, 2011 04:04
Just a reminder: Threads aren't for personal chatting. You can use PM messaging, chat rooms, or the chat bar for that. Please keep your comments to the original topic.

Thanks.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2011 10:10
No prob, LinweSingollo!
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2011 06:56
Uhh... Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan consider Legolas to be the coolest archer in the history of cinema...lol
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2011 06:59
When Viggo was doing the takes for that scene when he fights that big Uruk-ai nasty who shoots Boromir full of arrows, Lawrence, the stunt guy who played that Uruk-ai, said at one point in the fight, his head actually connected with Viggo's mouth...so that was real blood on Viggo's mouth, poor Viggo.
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2011 10:35
OW! That must hurt! I get busted in the mouth all the time and believe me, it aint fun!
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2011 10:56
Orlando Bloom broke his ribs when he fell off a horse, Sean Astin got his wig ripped off by Andy Serkis during a take of the Black Gate sequence and when Aragorn kicks the orc helmet during The Two Towers, he broke two of his toes. Or maybe just one, I forget.

Viggo Mortenson also broke his tooth during the Helms Deep fight and Bernard Hill's ear got cut during that same fight. The casting people ran out of blue-eyed, faired haired people for the Rohan boys, so the brown eyed, brown haired boys were nicknamed the Bro-Han. Some stunt doubles for the Uruk-hai were really short, so they were nicknamed the Uruk-low.

Heh, this is what comes of watching the EE's when you go into the hospital every year.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: March 27, 2011 11:16
I have a question for behind-the-scenes fans.
I recall watching a part of either a bonus DVD or a LotR documentary where PJ talked about casting the character of Frodo, and about how EW sent them a video tape with his performance, upon looking at which the team thought something along the vein of "That is Frodo." Now, I recall this, but cannot remember where I've seen it. I've recently seen all the bonus DVDs for LotR, but believe it wasn't on any of them. Does anyone know?
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2011 11:28
I remember reading about that in The Lord of the Films--but no, it didn't say where the author found that out, sorry.
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2011 11:50
I remember seeing just a peek of that, but I don't really know.
Andromeda_of_Imladris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2011 10:49
More triva -
During filming of the scene in FotR where Sam runs out into the lake after Frodo Sean Astin stood on a piece of broken glass that went right through his foot, he had to go to hospital to get it stiched up.
Viggo almost drowned filming the TTT scene where Aragorn floats down the river, he was pulled under by the rapids.

I've also heard that Orlando has a phobia of fangirls...
ImageImage
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2011 03:54
I've also heard that Orlando has a phobia of fangirls...

Well, the best way to get over a fear is tio face it and I am willing to take one for the team for the sake of our Orlando!
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2011 09:05
While filming the prolouge the team had to be careful not to step on any of the moss, they had laid down tarps and stuff but were still told not to step on the moss as I think it was a preserve.
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2011 05:52
I'm sure everyone knows about the near-death experience Bill and Dom were in together...

And I bet everyone knows Elijah Wood sleeps with his eyes open "to the point where it's slightly creepy".

And Bill stole one of the skulls from the Paths of the Dead props. :O

Oh, and Lando got a mohawk 'cause Liv told him to.

~Frodo (the Second)
coral
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Behind the Scenes
on: March 21, 2012 08:59
When Viggo was practicing with his sword in the street, the police came after him!!! Poor Aragorn
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Behind the Scenes
on: January 03, 2013 10:55
In Fellowship of the Ring, Ian McKellen really hit his head on a beam in Bilbo's house and it was kept in the movie.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
In the mornings when everyone was preparing for shooting, Elijah and Dom's loud music annoyed Ian McKellen.

During filming, Viggo took up photography and covered many of the trailers with pictures from filming.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Boromir was afraid of flying, so they had to hold up the shots that they flew up to in helicopters so that he could walk up the mountain.

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I totally love that! I say, good for him.

When Armitage was in the Azanulbizar flashback battle, everytime he swung his shield it bopped him in the face, until it split his lip. When filming Thorin's charge at the end of AUJ, Serkis made Armitage do a million takes, and he was determined to never complain and make each better than the last, because he saw what Serkis did for the sake of art in the behind the scenes stuff.

Also, Weta had to make their swords sharper for the Hobbit, because the new frame rate or something was making the normal dull blades look dull. Sounds like a happy situation!
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
4EVERELVISH
Council Member
Send Message
When Sean Austin cut his foot on glass I the river, ( I blame teenagers, then again, I am one) he had to be taken to the hospital in a helicopter
What near-death experience did Bill and Dom have?!?!?!?!?!,!,!
''For an eternity I have waited for you, and now another eternity I must spend with my heart whispering your name.''
lady_emilie
Council Member
Send Message
4everelvish I think (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) it was when they were shooting the scene where the hobbits run to Buckleberry Ferry, and Dom got a splinter in his foot, and then him and Billy (being Dom and Billy) made a massive fuss out of it.

Ok that really wasn't particularly clear - this interview with them explains it much better!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wa_nZMJnVE

[Edited on 08/29/2015 by lady_emilie]

[Edited on 08/29/2015 by lady_emilie]
Fool of a Took!
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Yikes, sound like they were acting like hobbits!!

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email