Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Anette
Council Member
Send Message
Post Live RPG in Middel Earth (LARP)
on: March 11, 2011 01:33
I start with my questions, but everything about live rpg can be discussed.

I play live rpg, and each summer we play in Tolkien’s word Middel Earth. I use to play elf, sins it’s so fun to sneak around in the forest, and to be hunted by orcs (that only fun if they don’t catch me.) anyway I was wondering if I could get some advice about:
Dressing: I use to dress in a brown tunic, and a green cloak, but it’s very simple. Dose someone have some dressing tips that are more elvish, and don’t involves long dresses or long skirts?
Name: It’s hard to find an elven name that is ¨normal¨ all I have found are too long and hard to remember for the other players.
Behaviour: I’m a ¨normal¨ elf, but how do they behave?
Weapons: I have a bow, but do elves use swords, lances, or shields? Are they in any way different from human weapons?
Food: Dose someone have a Lembas recipe?
Fennuir
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Live RPG in Middel Earth (LARP)
on: April 13, 2011 05:22
I'd love to be in a live rpg. We certainly have the woods and small hidden valleys that could be Imladris. I don't know of any people around here that do anything of the sort and I have looked.

A elleth would certainly not be in a dress if she was running about the woods fighting orcs so in my opinion a full leather outfit would work. Just my opinion.

If you check online there are a number of places that will generate elvish names and some will turn your own name into elvish But even easier is the CoE's own Elven Names Data Base in the Languages forum.

Behaviour. Elves are reserved and cautious. They are careful to not insult but don't get them mad. They've had a long time to gather in knowledge and just as long to perfect their skills. They are usually well read and love music and the stars above all else. They don't get drunk so don't go to the pub with one.

Elvish weapons are more ornate than mens' weapons and they are very skillfully made and tooled. I would say their quality is better and of course some of their weapons have magic worked into them, especially weapons from the first age. In general I would say that elven weapons are superior to mens' but elves know their weapons and have had a lot longer to master their weapons. The simple fact that a elf has had thousands of years to master their weapon and that makes a real difference. Check out Elrond's Library forum for more on Weaponry.

Check out the Last Homely House Forum because there are recipes there or you can find Lembas recipes of all sorts online. Some are more like a sweet cake and others lean to a type of bread. We have one we use frequently that my kids love but I'm wanting to find something that's more like a wafer. Your biggest problem will be is deciding which one to use.

[Edited on 14/4/2011 by Fennuir]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email