Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
Post A Rose by any other name
on: June 09, 2011 10:39
((Ooc: Anyone is welcome to join! It is set in the fourth age after the war of the ring. Still new at this, enjoy!))

An inky blackness blanketed the sky divided only by the stars that littered the night sky. In the dead of night one lone figure could be seen sneaking into her father’s stables. Rose, clad in a pale blue dress and midnight blue riding cloak tiptoed into the stables. Carefully walking passed the sleeping horses she came upon Sila her dapple grey mare. Lifting her saddle from the adjacent tack room and quietly saddling Sila who had already awoken at the first sign of her mistress’ presence. The horse nickered softly as she craned her neck around to nudge her mistress in the shoulder.

“Shh Sila, yes I have a treat for you,” she whispered holding out her hand with a carrot. Sila was an ever hungry horse. The only thing she seemed to think about was food, but she was also a loving mare with exceptional stamina. Sila munched on the carrot contentedly as Rose fastened her bulky saddlebags onto her. When running away a girl needed her things, and Rose was a sentimental creature, she had quite a few worldly possessions.

As she heard a creaking of boards behind her Rose stopped dead in her tracks, her hand frozen above the clasp. Her breath caught in her throat. Panic stricken the colour washed from her face. She had been found out! Her father would surely have her head. Turning round she was met with two round blue eyes and a shock of ginger hair, freckles and spots dotting across the boy’s face. She breathed a sigh of relief.

“Percy, don’t do that,” she hissed in a hushed tone. Peregrin or Percy was her best friend in all the world. They had grown up together in Dol Amroth, and Percy had followed Rose around like a loyal hound the first day they met, which was when they were about three. Rose and her adventurous imagination and Percy the timid, anxious boy with a good heart, they were an unstoppable duo (at least in their minds).

“What are you doing?” he asked chewing on a piece of wheat.

“Running away,” she answered him incredulously as if this were obvious while she saddled her horse.

“But-” he gasped his voice growing louder before Rose quickly clamped a hand over his mouth crushing the piece of straw into his nose.

“Shhh, you will wake my parents,” she warned in a whisper.

“But where are you going?” he asked his voice almost inaudible.

“To Lorien, to Mirkwood, to see where Bilbo bested the dragon Smaug,” she rambled excitedly still in a hushed tone, her doe-eyes lit up with anticipation.

“But your parents, they will worry,” Percy said as she led Sila from the stables.

“I left them a letter and they need not worry I am quite capable,” she said assuredly.

Percy laughed, “Aye with a needle and thread maybe, but what if you get attacked by Corsairs?” he exclaimed his eyes growing wide at the thought, “Maybe I should come with you for your protection,” he insisted as if this were a logical suggestion.

Rose smiled and stifled a small giggle at his mention of Corsairs and her need for his protection, “I am not going by ship but by land, I doubt I will get attacked by Corsairs,” she smiled, “And I am better with a sword than you are,” she teased him lightly.

“Still, I think I should come,” Percy said scratching the back of his head absentmindedly.

“Fine,” she replied giving Sila a few more treats, “But you better hurry,” she told him. With that Percy had bounded off to his home which sat beside to hers and returned with what looked like a lumpy bag of foodstuffs. “You did bring something other than food I hope,” she said teasingly as she mounted Sila.

“Yeah,” he responded a bit sorely, “I brought my books and things,” Percy said getting his black stallion Durhill from the stables, saddling the horse who seemed a bit perturbed by the rude awakening and with a little cajoling managed to steer the haughty stallion from the stables. Mounting Durhill they were off galloping away into the night.

The two figures quickly became very small in the distance, as elation coursed through Rose’s veins. She was going to see the world. Rose looked round at her home fading in the distance as pale violets and hazy blues of dawn split the sky. They road hard and fast toward Anfalas until midmorning, Percy’s stomach began to growl.

[Edited on 13/6/2011 by Lilypad]
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A Rose by any other name
on: July 07, 2011 08:48
The twins sat just outside of Dol Amroth, making a campfire and eating whatever they had catched. Nenor ate the stew and looked around, while his twin Noron just ate and listened sharply. The twins had just visited Dol Amroth and were now just going to travel. They always traveled. Now Eryn Lasgalen was safe, they didn't have to protect it any more. Nenor was watching the place suspiciously and Noron sighed deeply.

“Nothing can harm us here, brother. Ease down,” He said with his musical voice.
Nenor sighed. “I thought I heard something, brother”
“It was just an animal, I think”
“I did not know you could think, my brother” Nenor teased, smiling lightly.
“Watch your tongue, for you may find yourself pinched to the ground with a knife against your throat” Noron warned him.

Nenor laughed heartily and Noron joined the laughter. The two ate on and after a couple of hours the night came. Noron laid down on the ground and fell asleep as Nenor kept watch. He held his bow close to him, just in case he needed it. Soon, he heard the sound of horses and stood up. In the distance he saw a young woman and a young man, traveling. He frowned and wondered if they saw him.

[Edited on 7/7/2011 by Nínimelle]
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2011 11:52
The sun began to crest over the White Mountains splitting the sky with veins of gold and rusty oranges. The sky itself was a hazy violet-blue. It was barely dawn as Rose and Percy continued to ride away from Dol Amroth.

“I’m hungry,” Percy’s falsetto voice shattered the tranquil quiet as their horses continued on dutifully. Sila, like her rider, was a frisky, excitable mare and eager to run swiftly through the tall grasses. Durhill on the other hand was much less enthused by the midnight disturbance and was still ornery, tossing his head to show his displeasure whenever possible.

“Yes, and that was not obvious by the manner in which your stomach was making terrible music,” Rose replied. His stomach had indeed been growling and gurgling ever since they had descended the last small hill into the open grasslands.

“If the music my stomach makes is so terrible then let us stop and rest a while,” Percy said already fishing a loaf of bread from his pack and tearing off a piece which he stuffed into his mouth.

“Not until we reach the first village,” said Rose whilst staring down at a map, her eyes narrowed in concentration while she turned the map over and around not entirely sure they were going in the right direction. It had been so easy with her father, namely because they had merely traveled to Gondor and back. Rose had never actually strayed too far from home, then again neither had Percy.

“Wait,” Percy halted his horse, and Rose jerked lightly on Sila’s reins, and turned round to look back at him. They were very close to the camp where the twins Nenor and Noron sat and lay however Percy did not see them, though they were as plain as day.

“What?” she asked confused, oblivious to the two elves as well, her brown eyes on Percy instead.

“This is as far I’ve been from home,” he said looking longingly back at Dol Amroth. This was not the first time Rose and Percy had attempted to ‘run away,’ but they had been children then. Not that they were quite so old now, but Rose felt like she was an adult anyways, or should at least be considered as one with the way she helped her mother at market with the linens and clothes. For a moment she felt guilty for leaving her mum alone to tend to such things. The house always did need quite a bit of attention. Rose suddenly felt selfish for leaving, but remembered her father’s words. “You will spread your wings one day my dear,” of course at the time he had meant the day she would find a respectable husband and marry, however Rose interpreted it to mean that this was her day. The day she spread her wings and became a woman, the day she went off to see the world.

“It’s alright Percy,” she said with a kind smile, “C’mon Percy,” she coaxed pulling on Sila’s reins to turn the horse forward once more. It was then that she noticed the two figures upon the ground. Realising her good fortune (or hoping for that matter) she said to Percy, “Look, maybe they know the direction to Anfalas,” she said urging her mare towards them.

“No- Rose- wait!” Percy sputtered, galloping behind her, kicking up dust as he went.

Rose stopped Sila smoothly alongside them and with hand firmly on her sword in case they were men of ill repute she asked, “Excuse me kind Sirs but would you know the way to Anfalas?” she asked keeping a steady watch in her peripheral vision on the one sleeping while she gazed expectantly at the man seated in case this was some sort of trap. She may have been young but she was certainly not dumb, she had heard enough stories from her father to not become a chump in such situations. She could not say the same for her friend however who was rather useless if truth be told, but Percy was like a brother to her. She could not yet tell that they were elves.

((ooc: Perfect Nin! Anyone and everyone are welcome to join in as well.))
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2011 08:56
“Excuse me kind Sirs but would you know the way to Anfalas?”

Nenor frowned and looked up at the young woman, standing up. His short hair covered his ears and he intented to keep it that way, not wanting her or her companion to know he and Noron were elves. He gave a slight nod towards the young girl and her friend and motioned them to sit.

"Yes, we do know the way. Yet my brother is now asleep, but I can offer you something to eat and then tomorrow we will travel with you to Anfalas. Actually, it was our heading as well." Nenor said, trying to sound as gruff and humane as possible.

As he turned, the wind blowed his hair away and his ears were showed. Nenor cursed softly, brushing his hair over his ear and hoping that they hadn't seen. He sat down again, waiting for the humans to sit as well. He watched how Noron slept, in doubt if he should wake his brother. He decided not to wake him and looked at the girl and her friend.

"I am Nenor, anyways. This here is my brother Noron. Who are you, where do you hail from?" He asked, curiously. He had met lots of humans, but never really talked to them. The night turned darker and he stretched.
Linoel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2011 04:31
Thaloniel rode over the hills. "Come on, there, Nerif, almost there," she whispered softly. She spotted a campfire and with the last reserves of her strength she went towards it. She was seeing double, and a girl, and a boy, and she was so tired, and....

Darkness clouded her vision and she neither saw nor heard no more.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2011 06:18
Dol Amroth was as exciting a city as any, perched upon the shores of Belfalas and overlooking the ocean, where Myre was certain if one peered hard enough you could see the twinkling lands of the Undying West. Peer she did, as often as possible, climbing the Tower to day dream about the elves and their white ships. Almost always, she had a book in her hand that told the tale of Amroth and Nimrodel. It was a bittersweet story; one that she had memorized from all of her childhood summers spent on the beach front estates of her Dol Amrothian cousins.

It was those very cousins Hælewyn Myre had been visiting when she set out from the port city to make her return trip to Imloth Melui, before intending upon the borders of Rohan. It was improper, of course, for a young woman to be traveling alone. Despite the imprudent course of the situation, Myre did, afterall, have the willful boldness of the Rohirrim in her veins, as well as an accomplished axe-swing.

Darkness had fallen quite some time since Myre had set out on horseback. The dawn now crested the distant East. She was packed light atop her bay stallion, with little other than her food stuffs, a bed roll and her trusty axe. Harleigh, her spaniel, was ambling beside her, his nub of a tail set in constant motion. The trio were headed across the fields on the distant outskirts of the city. Cresting a slight rise in the terrain, Myre was slightly confounded by the sudden increase in the locality's population. This was farm land; few dwellings dotted the landscape and they were far spread.

Horse, rider and dog all stopped a good distance away from the now bustling campsite. Myre was just about to turn them in a different direction when she spotted the slumping Thaloniel, seemingly unconscious on the back of her horse. "Oh, Sweet Mearas," came the uttering past wry, reluctant lips. This current turn of events was neither according to plan nor to her liking. Urging Arden forward, Myre came up along side the horse and his fainting rider so as to prevent the unnecessary bumps and bruises a fall off Nerif's back might cause.

She guided the two horses closer to Nenor and Noron's campsite. With a steadying hand to Thaloniel's shoulder, she inquired, "Friend of yours?"
Linoel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2011 09:48
Thaloniel woke to a flickering light in her eyes. Groaning, she tried to shade them with her arm. This sent a flash of pain to the wound on her side. Forcing herself awake, she grasped instinctively for the knife she always wore at her side. It wasn't there. She shoved herself upright and took in the campsite at a glance. Rubbing her eyes, she looked again. Either she was seeing double, or those were twins. Thaloniel frowned. Twins were rare. But that wasn't what she was worrying about at the moment. What she was worrying about was the fact that she was in a strange place with strange people and unarmed. She hadn't been noticed-yet. But sooner or later they would come to check on her. She decided the risk of being found out was too great. If these people were dangerous, then she'd find out soon enough.

She battled with herself for a moment. Should she try to slip out and risk it, or let them do with her what they wanted? In this venerable state, she decided to give herself up. Besides, if they'd wanted her dead, then why would they take her in? She didn't know. She just didn't know. Her mind flashed back to another time, a time when she had been surrounded. The orcs. That was where she'd gotten the wound. She thought it was poisoned and was trying to make it to a city where there would be healers, but she just didn't seem to be able to get there in time.

She took a step forward, closer to the circle of firelight. She would take the chance.

"I am Thaloniel. I come from Mirkwood. Who are you and where am I now?"
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2011 07:05
Rose held her hand steadfast over the hilt of her sword as she dismounted Sila. Percy had already dismounted his horse and was easily chattering on, answering the twin’s questions freely.

Rose watched Nenor, her doe-eyes wary as she looked over him, and his brother, she noticed him curse as the wind blew his hair to reveal elven ears. So he was elven, she thought, and he wanted to hide this fact for some reason.

“I’m Peregrin, but everyone calls me Percy really, and this is Rose. She is my third cousin twice removed on my mother’s side, if you understand me. We come from Dol Amroth, I’m in that big farmhouse right over there and-” he spoke a mile-a-minute gesturing to what were now small specks in the distance.

Percy was cut short as Rose clasped a hand over his mouth, for the second time that night. In truth it was the beginnings of morning now. Rose was a kind and sweet lass, but she was not stupid. They hardly knew these two, she wasn’t about to go giving them her life story.

“Yes, thank you for that riveting story Percy,” she glanced sidelong at him giving him a slight narrowing of the eyes, and he in return pulled his lips together into a small ‘o’ shape and rolled his eyes as if he had done something a bit wrong but did not seem particularly bothered by it. “I am sure Nenor and Noron are not quite as interested,” she said still watching them. “Where are the two of you from?” she asked. She did not mention the part about him being an elf, he seemed to dislike the fact that she had seen his ears and she wondered why but said nothing.

Hearing hooves Rose looked up to find two women. One with ginger hair rode atop a bay gelding with a spaniel running alongside. The other slumped over her horse, her dark hair obscuring her face. Rose looked into the grey eyes of the ginger haired maiden.

“No,” Rose answered confusedly, she glanced over at Nenor and the sleeping Noron and then back at the woman.

Rose still had her hand on her hilt while Percy was already helping himself to a bit of stew or whatever Nenor had as his dinner the night before, sopping up the last bit in the small bowl he had brought along with the last of his bread. Percy had at least packed bread, cheese and a few other nibbles.

Seeing that the other woman was wounded she abandoned the hilt of her sword for a moment. “Oh,” she gasped, “Here, let me help,” she said, “Percy!” she demanded looking back at her friend. He jumped to his feet. The dark haired girl had dismounted her horse and was clearly unsteady. Rose rushed to her side and with the help of Percy they unfolded one of the furs and helped her to sit down. “It is a pleasure to meet you Thaloniel of Mirkwood, now if you wouldn’t mind lying down for me I have a few healing herbs and things that can help you,” she spoke, her voice soothing as she went to her saddle bag and Percy returned to his bowl now munching on a bit of the dried fruit from his pack.

Rose retrieved a few jars of herbs and a small kettle. “May I?” she looked to Nenor, asking if she could place her kettle over his fire. She then began to stir a mixture of herbs into a bit of boiling water. “Don’t be alarmed, but I must rip your clothes a bit more to get to the wound,” she said before she grasped either side of the cloth around the wound and pulled tearing the fabric, “But not to worry I am the best seamstress in the land, well second best next to my mum,” she smiled. Taking the kettle off the fire she began soaking a clean piece of cloth in the steaming herb water, she then proceeded to clean the wound, “This may sting a bit,” she warned.

Glancing to the redhead as she worked she asked, “Sorry but I don’t believe I got your name?” she inquired with a kind smile, “I’m Rose, and this is Percy,” she nodded to the reedy ginger haired lad popping a piece of fruit into his mouth chewing anxiously while he watched Rose tend to the girl. Rose was accustomed to cleaning wounds. Her nimble fingers were as steady as healer’s hands they had to be to embroider such detail in the dresses and linens her mother and she created. The neighborhood boys often got into scrapes, including Percy. He was such a clumsy lad. It was not uncommon for Rose to stitch them up and she was not particularly squeamish around blood and other such things most young ladies found gross or revolting. “You will be alright,” she reassured Thaloniel as she took a small bottle from one of the many pouches from within her saddlebag. The liquid inside swirled like pearlescent moonlight. “This will rid the wound of any poisons and numb the pain. It is quite effective,” she said holding it out to her to show her, “Ah-ah, not to drink,” she giggled, dabbing a bit on the cloth and then applying it to the now clean wound. “It will numb your tongue for an entire twelve hours should you drink it,” she said as she removed a ball of very thin twine, it looked like spider silk. “I know this because Percy did it once,” she glanced with a teasing smile over at her friend.

“Hey,” Percy protested, “You never told me to put it ‘on’ the cut,” the ginger haired boy defended himself, popping another piece of fruit into his mouth.

Rose laughed lighted and took her time in threading the gossamer twine through the needle so as to let the potion take effect and numb the cut before she set to work closing up the gash neatly in small, tight stiches. “There you are,” she said tying up the stitch and tidying up her supplies. She fished into the other side of her saddlebag for a wide piece of twine and pulling the blood soaked pieces of Thaloniel’s shirt together which she had so easily ripped moments before and she began to hem the seam. Her fingers were swift when it came to clothes, less careful, as though she could make a perfect line with her eyes clothes and to be honest she probably could. This was her one talent after all. "It will still be quite sensative for a few days once the potion wears off," Rose knew a wound like that would take a bit to heal, Thal needed to rest.

Meanwhile Percy’s face had gone pale. He was the sort to faint at sights like that, blood in particular. He gulped trying to pretend he wasn’t as affected by it as he was. He was thankful it was finally over.

“So, you’re elves huh?” Percy asked Nenor bluntly, looking at both Nenor and Noron, oblivious to the fact that this might be a sensitive topic and improper in some way seeing as they apparently did not want to be found out as being elves, or at least that is what Rose had assumed from Nenor’s cursing earlier when the wind had revealed his ancestory.

((ooc: Lovely posts everyone, hope it was alright that Rose healed and stitched up Thal, I figured it was a good chance to display Rose’s talent for needle work and the fact that she is surprisingly rather bold and unfased by things like blood and such.))
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2011 07:22
((Sorry for the long, boring thing. We'll need Rose's healing crafts for the stubborn twins soon))

Nenor watched Rose and her friend curiously, marveling about the beauty of humans. He had never seen one close and the lines around their eyes made him frown, almost touching his marble like skin. He kicked Noron, who woke with a groan but sat up surprised as he saw the humans.

“Brother, you should have woken me” Noron bowed his head to the two humans.

Nenor smiled lightly, something Noron knew he rarely did among strangers. Then Nenor nodded towards the humans.
“These are Rose and Peregrin, brother"

Noron gave them a bright smile; unlike Nenor he proudly showed his pointy ears. Both twins chuckled as Percy rambled on about his family. They shared a look, thinking about someone and gave each other a sad smile. Nenor gave a small nod, knowing they thought about the same person. Their sister Laereth.

“Do not worry, lady” Noron said politely, though his light eyes scanned the area.
“We are no enemy,” Nenor added and both of them grinned slightly.
“You may sit, if you wish” They spoke in unison, glared at each other and laughed shortly.

Noron arched one of his dark eyebrows as he noticed Rose didn’t trust them. His eyes met Nenor’s and he knew his brother had noticed as well. Both of them stood up, Noron wavering on his feet slightly. He received a worried look from Nenor and gave a comforting smile, ignoring the growing pain in his side. Nenor and Noron stood before Rose and Peregrin made an elven gesture and then spoke again in unison: “You need not fear us. We will do you no harm. There is no need to be suspicious,” They gave a comforting smile and sat down again.

Nenor was slightly taken aback at her question about where they hailed from. Noron had clearly showed they were elves and his ears had been revealed, but never had a human asked where he hailed from. “We hail from Eryn Lasgalen. My brother and I are elves, as you may have noticed. And I tried to hide it, as you may have noticed as well. We have been through some hard times and mostly the humans were not very excited about two twin elves. They even hurt me and my brother. That is why I was hiding my ears,” He spoke softly; his dark eyes the darkest shade of grey that was ever seen.

As the sound of a horse neared, Nenor and Noron tensed up and put their hands on their weapons. They sighed in relief to only see two maidens, but one was hurt. Nenor could smell the blood and closed his eyes, feeling nauseous.

Noron stood up and frowned. “Iston i nîf lîn. Thaloniel. You may recognize me and my twin Nenor. You were befriended with our...,” he stopped, but went on. “With our dead sister Laereth,”

Nenor gave a weak smile at Percy as he ate the food, not minding it. He took his change to gaze at the human, interested by how his age was showed in his face. He doubted the humans would ever guess how old he really was. Noron in the meanwhile had started helping Thaloniel and Rose rushed to help him.

“Here, let me help you” Noron said to Rose, as Nenor gave her an approving nod. Noron held Thaloniel down to make sure she couldn’t move. His hands were firm, yet gentle in a way. They were also covered in blood. Blood that wasn’t Thaloniel’s, but his. He tried not to look when Rose ripped of a piece of Thaloniel’s dress and he tore a long piece of his tunic apart. “Use this, I do not need it” As he said that, he mentally cursed. The big wound in his side was now showing and bled heavily. Nenor grabbed a towel from his pack and kept cooling down her brow, eyebrows knitted together in concern and pain.

It was not until Rose had finished on Thaloniel that Noron started to feel light-headed. A soft hand was laid against his back and he stared in the eyes of Nenor, who had noticed his pain. Noron mumbled something in Elvish, cursing the humans that had hurt him and his brother so much. He coughed weakly and at the same time, Nenor hissed as a pain shot through his arm. The stubborn brothers had kept going on, even with the wounds. They had taken care of them, but Nenor was a horrible nurse and Noron had been too weak to actually have a good look on the wounds. Finally, Noron’s coughing ceased and he stretched his aching body. Both hoped that the others either hadn’t noticed or didn’t care about their pain.

“Ci maer, muindor?” Nenor asked Noron, in Elvish. He wished to keep the conversation private.
Noron only shook his head, gazing at Nenor with pain filled eyes.
Nenor sighed and nodded. “Iston, muindor. Iston,”

Both smiled at how Peregrin and Rose acted to each other. They hadn’t said anything for a long time, but neither felt strong enough to do so.

Translations:
Iston i nîf lîn = I know your face
Ci maer? = Do you feel well?
Muindor = brother
Iston = I know.

[Edited on 20/7/2011 by Nínimelle]

[Edited on 21/7/2011 by Nínimelle]
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2011 07:28
Percy nodded with a wide grin at Noron as he woke. His cheeks puffed out on either side as he stuffed his mouth with another piece of bread he tore from his loaf.

“I never said that you were,” Rose’s nose crinkled in protest at Nenor’s words. She did not want to be impolite, everyone she ran into along the roads was not an enemy, but she was not foolish enough to think everyone a friend either. She was careful to put it mildly.

She smiled then as they spoke in unison, Percy was already grinning and they both sat across from the twins. Rose was still suspicious. What were two elves doing alone so close to Dol Amroth? What were two elves doing alone at all, she thought to herself but nevertheless loosened her grip on the hilt of her sword. Admittedly they could of course ask her the same question. Rose was uncertain if running away would be a good enough answer, running away from what? What was she running away from? The monotony of daily life? She did not truly know the reason, she loved her family and her life in Dol Amroth but she yearned for more. Rose had noticed Noron waver in his step but she did not think anything of it. She simply thought perhaps it was the way in which elves presented themselves, with their long gates and willowy, graceful figures. They were far more graceful than she was and Rose had tried a number of times to walk with the grace of a princess by balancing books atop her head. She had failed miserably every time.

“Why did you leave Eryn Lasgalen?” she asked curiously.

“If I was surrounded by elves that cooked like this I should never want to leave,” interjected Percy through a mouthful of stew having helped himself to whatever Nenor and Noron had cooked themselves for supper.

“Oh,” Rose and Percy both exchanged expressions of confusion and pity. Percy was for the most part baffled. “But, why would someone do such a thing?” Rose asked cautiously, her brown eyes soft. She found herself staring at Nenor, his eyes were so dark. Her eyes were brown, and most people found them deep but they had a fire in them which made them appear warm and lighter almost a sherry-amber brown in colour.

Rose and Percy both looked their age, Percy especially. Percy could never be mistaken for an older man, he did not yet have stubble on his face, and the freckles did not help him appear more grown-up in the least. He appeared like a boy, barely a man. Rose was fair of face. She tried to act older than her age, and most of the time she did, but her youthful appearance deceived her.

The twins however were ageless. They appeared ever youthful with beautiful, flawless skin, thick eyebrows and elegant ebony hair.

Rose had not noticed where the blood from Noron’s hands had come from, assuming it had been Thaloniel’s which only spurred her to work more quickly. As Noron tore a piece of his tunic however revealing the wound in his side which bled heavily she gasped, her nimble fingers frozen for a moment, “You-you are hurt,” she remarked. It was an obvious thing, but her gaze was compassionate.

Percy looked away, he was feeling nauseous from all the blood and he had to walk away from their little group. Between Thaloniel and Noron Percy’s face had paled. Taking in a deep breath to clear his head he peered around at them again.

Rose knew she could only do one thing at a time and so continued to mend Thaloniel. Once she had finished with Thal she looked to Noron, “Right, you’re not fooling anyone,” she smiled. “Percy!” she called for him again, Percy was still looking away and had his eyes shut tight, his face screwed up into a revolted expression. “Percy, come here, I need you to put a new pot on,” she instructed holding the kettle out to his backside. The boy unwillingly turned round and grabbed the kettle she had offered him, his expression still one of distaste.

“Now, put in a few of these, and these, and six drops of this, and a few of these,” Rose stacked a few jars and things into his arms.

“Alright,” he said slowly looked down at the jars of herbs and one potion in his hands. Percy did as he was told reluctantly. At least stirring the pot gave him something to do rather than look at the blood. He was curious about the ginger haired girl who had been traveling alone and looked round at her. “W-what was your name?” he asked, his wide blue eyes curious. Percy may not have been a warrior like the twins, or even strong like Thanoniel appeared to be surviving what she did but he was quite good with plants, and Rose never had to tell him which types of herbs or how many needed to be used in one of her healing remedies. He used one more leaf than she had recommended of a particular herb knowing it did not expel much of its juices.

Percy returned with the kettle steaming with healing herbs once more. Rose repeated what she had done for Thaloniel, soaking a piece of fresh cloth in the liquid. She had torn one of her new dresses to make usable enough material. It was a good dress, she thought to herself, it was a shame to tear the soft cottony material, but it would be the easiest on their wounds. If there was anything Rose knew it was materials and stitching. She proceeded to clean the wound, patted it dry and applied the same healing and numbing potion she had given Thaloniel. Waiting a few moments for it to take effect as she threaded her now sterilized needle she posed a question, her hand hovered above his wound.

“If I heal you, will you lead us to Erebor?” she asked. Rose wanted to see Lake Town and the place where Bilbo Baggins had bested the Dragon Smaug.

Percy’s eyes widened, “Rose!” He couldn’t believe she was making such a deal, but Rose was determined. She would heal Noron whether or not they agreed, but they didn’t know that and his state did give her a bit of leverage.

((ooc: Sorry that was not my best work and rather long, but I hope the description about the twins was alright, if it’s not I can change it. Ooo, translations, I love translations, probably because I am utterly terrible at them, but I will learn. ))
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2011 08:02
((I'm sorry it's this short, but I had to change things because I realized Nenor and Noron weren't acting like true Tolkien elves.))

Noron and Nenor gave a bright smile at Percy, already liking the boy. He reminded them so much of their sister, who had been killed by a group of humans. A tear slid passed Nenor’s cheek and he lowered his eyes, heart pounding in his chest. He had taken a serious injury on his arm while trying to protect Laereth. It had been only five days since the escape of the twins, the wound was fresh. But the grief was fresher. Nenor looked at Noron, who gave a short nod.

“We left Eryn Lasgalen because we wanted to show our sister Laereth how Dol Amroth was. She forced us, literally, to take her” A ghost of a smile tucked at Noron’s lips. “When we reached this place, some group of men came to us. ‘Want some food?’ They asked us. We said no and rode away, but the men followed. They came from the trees as well and dragged us of our horses. Four days, they tortured us. The fifth day, they killed Laereth and we saw our change to escape and so we did. But without her. That is why we are hurt,”

Nenor stood up and walked away, standing by a tree. He could not stay in their company, not now. With this wound so fresh, the wound of his sister’s death not the one on his arm, he wanted to be alone. He was a strong elf, but he hadn't seen many deaths in his life and that of Laereth had both surprised and changed him. He knew himself and Noron as merry elves, yet now he didn't feel like that at all. A dark shadow crossed his heart. Meanwhile, Rose was taking care of Noron.

Noron hissed slightly at the pain, but that was all. His wound wasn't infected, not even that big he admitted. Yet it hurt, especially now Rose was taking care of it. He gave a slight smile to Nenor, saying he was alright. Nenor gave a smile back and sat at his side. "You are a good healer," He said to Rose, a tone of surprise in his light voice.

"We will take you to Erebor. What are your plans there?" Noron asked, curiously. His light eyes seemed to reflect the light of the dawning sun.

[Edited on 24/7/2011 by Nínimelle]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email