Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Huin
Council Member
Send Message
Post Does this forum not like the Firefox browser?
on: August 05, 2011 12:19
Apologies if this has been addressed before, I tend to get overwhelmed trying to figure this forum out. I seem to experience a fair amount of issues with it, and I'm wondering if they're browser-related.

This thing really does not want to let me edit my profile. It seems very hit-or-miss. Usually my edits don't take. Sometimes they do take after I've logged out and logged back in, but most often they don't.

This is the most peculiar thing:
It keeps saying that my name is one of my interests. Any time I go to edit my profile and delete my name from "interests", it promptly reappears.
I mean, I suppose I'm more or less as self-interested as the next person, but I don't really want to advertise it.
Image ImageRealm of Vairë, Corrupted faction
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Post RE: Does this forum not like the Firefox browser?
on: August 06, 2011 03:23
Hi Huin,

I'm sorry, but normally it has nothing to do with the browser you use. I myself have been surfing the site for ages on Firefox. At most I could imagine you have a certain add-on that might limit functionality, like for instance one that blocks scripts or I-don't-know-what.
Not to insult your computer skills, but you did hit the 'save changes' button at the bottom of the edit-your-profile page, right?
Have you tried applying your changes through another browser, or on another pc?
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Huin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2011 09:27
Yes, I hit "save changes" rather emphatically.

I hadn't tried another browser yet because Firefox is the only one I've got installed. I was liking the simplicity of that situation, but I guess it couldn't last forever.
Image ImageRealm of Vairë, Corrupted faction
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: August 07, 2011 07:50
I'm still not sure what causes your problem, it shouldn't be browser related. My suggestion is to give it a try on a friends or family member's pc, with the same browser if possible (you can always install a portable version of Firefox on a USB stick).
Not that it should matter much, but has your version of Firefox been updated recently? Perhaps if it's a very old version, it might have some issues (although I actually doubt it). Perhaps clearing your Firefox history, downloaded files, cookies etc. will do the trick (if you do that, make sure not to forget your password to log back into CoE ).
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: August 10, 2011 07:23
I had this problem Huin. I finally figured out that the 'Change password' bit already had the password filled in so when I hit save it wouldn't save a null password. Deleting the filled-in bit so both fields were empty worked. Now though it hasn't got it filled in for some reason so this might not be your problem.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email