Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Ellirwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Uploading Pictures
on: August 18, 2011 10:59
I did this before, but I can't remember how...
How do you upload pictures to the site to use in your signature?
Hannon le in advance,
Ellirwen
"Though she be but little, she is fierce." -A Midsummer Night's Dream
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
Post RE: Uploading Pictures
on: August 18, 2011 01:57
You can use sites like Photobucket, Tinypic, and Imageshack, that will upload your photo for free. Then you take the forum code and go to My Account/Change Your Info/ then paste it into your signature area.
Ellirwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2011 01:45
What do you do if you find a banner on another site but it's too big?
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: August 25, 2011 04:01
You will need to download it to your computer and use something like Paint or another program to downsize it before you upload it to Photobucket (or wherever) so you can put it into your sig.

Just as a reminder, images can not be larger than 60 pixels high, and you need to make sure that any text added to your sig does not make your whole signature longer than 3-4 lines of text high.

If you need help in adjusting an image, PM me and I will help.
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Ellirwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2011 11:31
Would there be a permission problem with uploading it to a different place?
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry, I'm new to this whole thing, what's Photobucket??
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
Photobucket is a website for posting photos that you can then link to other sites like CoE. It's similar to Flickr and other photo hosting sites.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Testing picture here: Will try a second one as well! Image

[Edited on 02/04/2015 by BlueberryMuffins76]
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Ok, anyone know why photobucket won't upload on here? I've tried numerous times by clinking the image button then putting in the HTML link. Is anyone else having problems?
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
My avi got wiped out, and I used the correct dementions on my upload, but it failed. so how do I get it?

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
This is most confusing. Tried inserting the url for an image from a photo web site where I store images (smugmug). That didn't work. Presumably I need to use a service like photobucket that will actually upload to web page such as this?

[Edited on 07/15/2016 by Neenime]
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I'm not familiar with smugmug but, as long as you have a URL, you should be able to upload a picture. You just need to place the URL between [img][/img].
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
ES. I tried placing the URLs in between the squared bracket html codes. All I got was a little square with the word image.

One time I WAS able to post an image, but can't for the life of me recall how I pulled it off! Will look around in various notes. I may have saved the instructions to avoid future frustration ( now I don't know for certain where the notes are!).
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email