Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First910111213Last >>
Author Topic:
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Yay!!!!! It worked Surprised at how fast it took to load. Now I should explain this Found this reflector thingy where we go camping every year. I think it was near the road so no one drives off the road into the ravine at night I was surprised at how in-focus the camera got it. Looks nice for a bridge camera. That little Canon G12 is powerful Oh, and, not that anybody cares, but I had to give that Nikon D70 back to the college yesterday I will miss it very much. Hopefully I'll be investing in my own soon (need a job first ).
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Great shot of a red reflector!, Very nice angle, I like the contrast between the strong red and countryside.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
I love that picture too. It's so saturated though. Even though it's just a reflecter, it's so bright and interesting.
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, guys! Yeah, it is a bit saturated :/ But it still looks really nice!
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Lovely shot!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Love those pictures, Chris and lotrelessar!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Our family camera got here today!! So excited! Once I figure out how it works, I will try to post some pics.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you. Glad to hear that you have a new camera to use, I look forward to seeing your Pictures.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
OOOH Mareth yay! A new camera is exciting! What kind is it? DEFINITELY post some pics when you've got it figured out
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
It is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-SZ7. Doesn't look like much maybe, but it's a good 'lil camera.

I took this pic of our Spider Plant today:

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
That's just the flower on the plant. I'll have to take a pic of the whole plant for you guys sometime.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
That's a beautiful picture! The little flower is very small and delicate. It reminds me of a picture I took once.

Wet May Blossom by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr
tarcolan
Send Message
Wonderful flower shots Mareth and Chris. The May blossom hasn't come out yet here in Yorkshire, and spider plants are houseplants that rarely flower.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Ooo, awesome picture Chris! I love flowers!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I was going to put up a flower pic I took today, but apparently my internet does not want to cooperate with me. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Mareth and Tarcolan I hope you have better luck with your internet, it can be troublesome some times.

Good luck.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
The internet decided to work for me today!

We went to Choctaw Lake for Mother's Day and had a picnic. And we hiked about half way around it. Here's a picture I took as we were coming back:

I took a lot of pictures, so y'all will be seeing more of Choctaw Lake.

[Edited on 05/13/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]

[Edited on 05/13/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Actually, you didn't even see the lake in that picture...
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth_Ravenlock - That is an amazing Picture! The Sun is so bright, You have really captured the scene PERFECTLY, There are some rich greens which is nice too. Thank you for sharing!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
That is truly an outstanding and amazing photograph, Mareth_Ravenlock. Seems like you have figured out that new camera. Where is Choctaw Lake?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth those pictures are lovely! Thanks so much for sharing! I also love taking pictures of flowers For some reason, they are very photogenic Nature is perfect for picture-taking.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks guys!

Lindarielwen, Choctaw Lake is in Choctaw County. Ackerman is also in Choctaw County, but I don't know if that helps any. The lake is only about fifteen minutes from my house.

Choctaw Lake:

The picture does not do the lake justice. It isn't really possible to capture the beauty of it in with a camera.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
That's a beautiful lake, Your Camera really takes a nice sharp picture! That really is a beautiful place.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Chris. Yes, it is a very beautiful place. It seems to me that most people think that Mississippi is just a humid, hot, and altogether unpleasant place, but it isn't. At least that is what some of my Northern relatives think. I wish they would come visit us so they could see how truly beautiful it is here.

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Here is a picture of a rose that my brother bought for my mother:

Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
That's a beautiful rose Mareth, I always think Roses are such an intricate flower.

Talking of Roses here is a white Rose I took ages ago.

White love by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Beautiful images, everyone!
My photos of pink and purple flowers always turn out having a more blueish tinge than in reality - I wonder if that is a normal thing, or my camera. Perhaps one of the experienced photographers here could tell me if this is a normal occurence?
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
tarcolan
Send Message
I'd say it was the camera Nólemë, if your monitor is ok otherwise. Are prints the same? There might be a way of setting the colour balance in the camera or you could fiddle about with the colours in an image program. Or get a new camera.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you Nólemë,

I have to agree with everything tarcolan has said, not being an expert I cannot offer much advice, I know the lighting can really affect colour a lot.
tarcolan
Send Message
Cute'n fluffy.

Goslings

[Edited on 06/01/2013 by tarcolan]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Nólemë.

Aw! I love duckies! Great pic, Tarcolan!
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
Wow guys! So many awesome pics have been posted since I was gone.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, you should post some more pics, Ariadwen. I'd love to see some.

Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Very sweet ducks Tarcolan, Indeed Ariadwen, the more the merrier!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I set the camera on the bridge at Choctaw Lake and took this picture:

You can't see it very well, but those are Honeysuckle flowers.
<< First910111213Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email