Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
CEOofawesome
Council Member
Send Message
Post How to join a realm?
on: October 12, 2012 09:56
How do I join a realm? I would like to take that test thing that you have all been talking about that chooses te realm best for you and such, but I don't know how to get there or find it or who to ask. So I ask you who have entered a realm yourself. Thank you! Sorry if this causes bother! (Don't know why it would but still)
yes I regret my user name no I am not that full of myself
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Post Re: How to join a realm?
on: October 12, 2012 07:16
Hello again CEOofawesome. I responded to this exact question that you posted in the newbies section so I will just go ahead and repost what I said there here:
On the left of your screen under the main menu you will see the Community section. Hover over that and choose Realms from the pop up. Unfortunately the quiz(which is on that page) no longer works since the site switch over so you will not be able to take the quiz.

There is a description next to each one and if you click on each realm you will see that realms page pop up with information about each realm. You will also notice at the top of the page things like Realm Index (listing of all the realms), News (specific to that realm) , Valar Info (info on that specific realms Vala), Charter (info about that specific realm and the realm rules), Join (this is what you click to join that realm). Some realms will have info about themselves in the Charter and others on the news page or you can private message the realm head for more info.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: October 12, 2012 07:56
Don't worry CEO, as long as your posts are in appropriate forums and are not re-posts of existing threads, noone is 'bothered'.

Okay, concerning your question - the test link unfortunately doesn't work because the current CoE layout doesn't enable tests. Hopefully this will change in the future. So for the time present, the best indicator on which realm (i.e. small community of like-minded people) to choose is to have a look at the realm descriptions, and at how frequently the realm page is updated (some realms are more active than others). The most active realms have their profiles in the realm banner thread here in General Realms Discussion. when you've picked the realm which sounds the most appealing to you, just go to their realm page under Community on the left toolbar, and click Join.
Enjoy your realming!
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
CEOofawesome
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2012 11:11
Okay, thank you! The only reason I reposted this here was because I lost the first one and could not find it! Thank you for the help!
yes I regret my user name no I am not that full of myself
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: October 13, 2012 12:43
No problem CEO, glad we could help. Good luck with your realm hunting.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email