Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Good old Steven Jackson. Don't know why but that just strikes me as funny so now I am laughing.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
This isn't really a question, but someone told me that when they saw the trailer they thought the spider that Bilbo is hiding from was Shelob. Okay, that might've been me... *mumbles to self*
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
No it isn't Shelob but they are related, all being descended from the original big baddie spider Ungoliant, Lighteater, Gloomweaver, destroyer of the Two Trees, conqueror of Melkor and so on.
LightElfRowena
Council Member
Send Message
While in the movie theater, I overheard someone asking if that's a Balrog attacking Erabor, when it was actually Smaug. Really? You can't tell the difference between a dragon and a balrog? *shakes head*
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hmm, my sister asked me why the dwarves wanted to return to Erebor.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Brianna Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
My next door neighbor asked if Thorin was a Hobbit. Then she asked why Bilbo didn't wear shoes.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Which Hogwarts house will you be sorted into?

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
One time I heard a girl in class talking about "tall Hobbits..." Turns out she meant dwarves.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
bedrok123
Council Member
Send Message
My friend asked why Bilbo looks 5'7.
I said that Martin Freeman can't shrink,he isnt a hobbit!
Legolas is the best elf ever
Lady Miriel Gelliam
Council Member
Send Message
"What do you mean Thranduil isn't dark and super evil?"

Good MORNING!! This from a girl who has read the whole LOTR trilogy and the Hobbit and is attempting to read the Silmarillion!! I was so ashamed of her. Especially when she followed up a comment of mine with, "Who's Celeborn?" *facepalm*
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important." ~ The Eleventh Doctor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"What do you mean Thranduil isn't dark and super evil?"

I almost died laughing there, Miri!
EruwaedhielOfRohan
Council Member
Send Message
This one's more books than movie, but still pretty bad:

"Oh, you're reading The Lord of the Rings? That's one of those J.K. Tolkien books, right? She really should write more books like that."

Nah...I only WISH I was kidding.
Image Image
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, goodness. J.K. Tolkien...
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
W-e-e-e-l-l, the surnames almost rhyme, the first initials are J - and back when the LotR films were in the movie theaters, the bookshops in Germany had huge stacks of both the current HP book and various editions of LotR.
And JKR declared that JRRT had very definitely influenced her. So people who are not such JRRT nerds as we are may be excused for becoming confused occasionally.
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Well, after months and months of persistence, my brother and I finally convinced our mom to read The Hobbit. So today, she was reading the part where Bilbo sneaked down to Smaug, and caught him napping. She asks me "Okay, so there are all these axes and weapons on the walls. Why didn't Bilbo just stick Smaug in the chink in the armor?" Sigh. "Mom. Really??? Do you really think that a Hobbit would have the strength to kill a dragon?" And she was complaining the other day that it was illogical and silly.
ImageImage
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Ha Ha elven fencer I'm trying to get a friend to read at least the Hobbit but she doesn't like it :sniff: :cry:
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Oh dear. I think that The Hobbit is probably as far as my mom will get... She is nearly done with it now, and she said that she had a hard time keeping up with the Battle of the Five Armies. Sigh. I hoped that when she read The Hobbit, she would be interested enough to read LotR, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen
ImageImage
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yea my friend is a writer I'm trying to get her to read it for learning sake. Oh here I go again :sob:
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
She must read it!!!

[Edited on 06/29/2014 by elven_fencer]
ImageImage
Kiresa
Council Member
Send Message
"Wait, why's Legolas in the Hobbit?" (Coming from people who DID NOT READ ANY OF THE BOOKS) "Wasn't he in Lord of the Rings? How is he here?"
*sigh*

I was watching the last Hobbit movie in theaters, and at the end, after they showed the beginning of FOTR, a girl in the front jumped up and said, "Wait, that's it? What happens next??"

Um, I don't know, THE LORD OF THE RINGS?
I'm learning Elvish (Can't decide between Sindarin and Quenya). I still suck at it. This language is HARD... The first thing I memorized how to say in Quenya was "Go kiss an orc."
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
To be fair the first one is kind of a fair question. He's not mentioned by name so...

I got one:
"Is Tauriel meant to be there?" Pffft
and also:
"Is the Hobbit better than LOTR?" Pffft
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Hobbits2Isengard
Council Member
Send Message
"Legolas comes from Mirkwood?!"
Oh dear oh dear oh dear.
fool_of_a_took_12
Council Member
Send Message
*while watching the scene where Bard kills Smaug*

"Woah, that dude's got skills. He's the archer from Mirkwood, right? Legolas?"

(on the outside)- "Shut up."

(on the inside)- *screams of anguish*
Lembas! One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man!
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Oh no. I’ve heard that some people think the Bard actor looks like Orlando Bloom when he has dark hair. But I don’t really see it.

[Edited on 03/14/2024 by Elfeawen Lomiondil]
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Turns out my friend was not stupid, he just had an agenda.

I was watching the extended editions with my friend and his girlfriend. He asked me if Tauriel was half-Elf. Me: Huh? No. Where’s this coming from??

Next movie, he asked the same question. I asked him why he would think Tauriel was part human. He said, “Because I’m not even a little bit Elf. A guy can dream.”

His girlfriend was not amused. He really should have felt more flattered when she said that he looked like Kili. (He really does.)
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email