Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Julianna Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post anyone like the LotR music?
on: January 13, 2013 08:11
is it just me or did you like the LotR music? Ive always liked classical music and I bought some LotR music on my ipod. I really like classical music
what about you?
Legolas is ~L~ovely! Legolas is ~E~verlastingly talented! Legolas is ~G~reat! Legolas is ~O~h so awesome! Legolas is ~L~ovable! Legolas is ~A~mazing! Legolas is ~S~weet! ~LEGOLAS~ rules! Mrs.Greenleaf
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: anyone like the LotR music?
on: January 13, 2013 08:44
I love the LoTR music. But I also do enjoy some of the music that I can find on the radio. For me when I listen to certain kinds of music I need to be in the mood, or wanting to be wherever the music can take me.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2013 09:04
I never grow tired of listening to my Lord of the Rings soundtrack. I was lucky enough to attend a concert of Lord of the Rings music that was conducted by Howard Shore and I had a chance to meet him and get an autograph. Lord of the Rings music will always be dear to my heart as is the music from The Hobbit.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2013 01:48
LOVE LOVE LOVE the LOTR music
!
Julianna Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2013 07:28
amazing! I want to own all the albums soon, so whats your favorite songs from the albums?
Legolas is ~L~ovely! Legolas is ~E~verlastingly talented! Legolas is ~G~reat! Legolas is ~O~h so awesome! Legolas is ~L~ovable! Legolas is ~A~mazing! Legolas is ~S~weet! ~LEGOLAS~ rules! Mrs.Greenleaf
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2013 07:41
I've got the EE versions of the soundtracks, and well...I rather enjoy 'Flaming Red Hair' (they play that during Biblo's birthday in FoTR) and I want to say it's called Haldir's Lament (it's played when he dies in Helm's Deep, but I also like the theme that is played when the Elves come to Helm's deep {can't remember if it's part of the same theme or not}). And last but not least, Into the West (played when Frodo goes west, and during the credits).

I've been listening to the Hobbit soundtrack recently and I have not decided upon a song that I like yet...but Blunt the Knives, and Radagast's Theme is near the top of the list.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Julianna Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2013 08:35
I like Concerning Hobbits and Many Meetings from FotR, they were wonderful pieces!
Grizzwald
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2013 11:02
The music was epic, all of it, for the film (of course there are the obvious pieces which stand out). And has been taken and used by other productions (if you are paying close attention). The only theme music I believe is greater is that which was written for the original Star Wars trilogy. And that is saying a lot.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2013 01:00
I love LotR music! I really like the themes they have for the different places and movies. I really like Rohan's and Frodo and Sam's themes.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2013 01:50
I love the Lord of the Rings music too! Come to think of it I love any fantasy themed music! Conecerning Hobbits is a truly magical piece of "feel good music"

-Chris
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2013 06:58
I also love the Lord of the Rings music. I like how I can listen to the soundtrack and see the movies in my mind. I still do not have The Hobbit music.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2013 09:29
I love it too, I don't have it yet, but I want to get it sometime. I really loved the similarity to "This is My Father's World."

As far as the Hobbit, I have heard that soundtrack quite a few times because my roomate loves it. "Blunt the Knives" is so funny!!! The first time I heard that I was laughing so hard.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2013 12:46
I absolutely LOVE the LotR music!!! Being a musician myself (I play string instruments), I sort of have a greater appreciation for the music because I know and can hear all that goes into it. Howard Shore did an amazing job with the movies! The Hobbit soundtrack sounds great as well, but to me it is not as epic as the original trilogy music. I love the Elf-music such as the Evenstar song, and Breath of Life is another one of my favorites. I love to listen to the soundtrack when I need to relax, or focus on writing, or brainstorm or work on my art. The music in LotR is timeless and will always have this ethereal, otherworldly quality to it that I love so much, and that I do not find often elsewhere.
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Nevaratoiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2013 10:18
Sure, I like the music of LotR.

Personal favourites:
* Into The West by Annie Lennox
* Arwen's Song by Liv Tyler
* Concerning Hobbits

I was listening to Into The West the other day and suddenly realised it would make a nice funeral song too. Basically it's an ending and a new beginning.
~Nev~
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2013 08:24
I am a huge fan of the LotR soundtracks! As well as The Hobbit. I have all of the expanded scores of them. Hours and hours of LotR/The Hobbit music. It is so nice to just put it all in a playlist and listen.
But then I am one of those crazy movie soundtrack fanatics...I have tons of tv show, movie and game soundtracks. 8,000 and something songs...over 1,300 hours.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love it! I play the violin and am constantly picking out lotr music to play. My favorites to play are any of the Hobbit, Gondor, or Rohan themes, as well as the Mordor themes...I love them all!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
The LotR music is AWESOME!! I want to learn Concerning Hobbits on guitar... I have a friend who can play a lot of the LotR music on piano. She's really good.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, one of mt firnds knows how;D
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Nerdy_Turtle
Council Member
Send Message
Always love dat classical jam... Who doesn't? ...if you dont, well, God bless you, and find something nice to listen to. ._. Trying to find some free sheet LotR music for violin and do a duet... maybe convincing my teacher to do a whole orchestral piece. try and try again am I right?
-Nerdzoo-
lady_emilie
Council Member
Send Message
Love love love the LOTR music! I'm arranging a piano-violin duet for my brother and I to play together, he's working on his grade 8 piano and I have my violin diploma tho not much experience with composing yet.

Have had FoTR soundtrack on repeat all summer <3 so. much. love! Also have you guys heard the arrangement by The Piano Guys on youtube? Honestly the best I've found.
Fool of a Took!
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
So, I get onto YouTube and the 49 minute elvish themes soundtrack, it's perfect for just getting that even feel to your house!

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

basti
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2016 05:20
Lindarielwen said:I never grow tired of listening to my Lord of the Rings soundtrack. I was lucky enough to attend a concert of Lord of the Rings music that was conducted by Howard Shore and I had a chance to meet him and get an autograph. Lord of the Rings music will always be dear to my heart as is the music from The Hobbit.

Wow, a live concert . That was probably awesome. Goosebumps awesome.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
It was a wonderful experience. There was a big screen as well and showed scenes from the movies as the music was played. The Cleveland Orchestra played as Howard Shore conducted and children from various schools did the singing.

Lighting was also used to create the mood. When Mordor music was played, the theater was bathed in red light.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
The LotR and the newer Hobbit soundtracks have supported me through my degree for these last 3 years (alongside my regular playlist consisting mainly of heavy metal and classic rock, but also other genres) - especially when I need to remember complex anatomy for exams. That and I love playing some of the melodies on my violin.
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
LochNessieMonster
Council Member
Send Message
the two towers soundtrack is far and away my favorite!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email