Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
Post Newbies Introduction Thread
on: June 12, 2018 08:11
Hi everyone!
I'm new
Name: Menegilda Brandybuck
Found this site: A friend told me about it.(she also loves LotR)
I have read the books several times and watched the movies even more times.
Fave Character: Merry!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello and welcome Menegilda! Your nickname gave away your favorite hobbit . Enjoy the site!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks gondolinian! Yes your probably right about my name
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE Menegilda, hope that you enjoy yourself here
Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, I sure will!
WaitingCynicism
Council Member
Send Message
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE) WaitingCynicism, Cynicism, etc.
Age 19
Gender male
Where are you from (country/state)? United States, Virginia
How did you find CoE? I found this through a google search
What are your hobbies and interests? I like dnd and writing, as well as playing music and games
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? yes
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? not right now
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello WaitingCynicism, welcome to CoE! A most unusual username, I must admit. Any particular backstory to it? Thanks for the short intro, enjoy the site!
MacNab23
Council Member
Send Message
Post Introduction
on: August 05, 2018 07:50
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE) - MacNab
Age - 48
Gender - M
Where are you from (country/state)? - Georgia, U.S.A.
How did you find CoE? - Randomly searching for Sindarin translations.
What are your hobbies and interests? - Food, music, various crafts (I'm a chef, glassblower, leather-worker, something of a jeweler, woodworker, guitar picker, etc. Feanor, the greatest of all craftsmen, is a hero of mine, flawed though he was.) And, of course, reading Tolkien.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? - Yes, many times.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? - Not yet.

Greetings to all, and thank you for having me on board! One of my primary interests here is obtaining help with (mainly Sindarin) translations for various projects, whether it is inscribing a drinking horn, designing a tattoo, carving a walking stick, or having a silver ring custom ingraved in Tengwar. I am no scholar or linguist, and, being a full-time chef, I have little time to pursue my other craft projects, much less delve into the study of a fictional foreign language. Although I promise to do what research that I can before asking for help!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome MacNab23. You’ve come to the right place for Sindarin lessons. Have a look in the Elvish Forums as well if you haven’t yet. Enjoy the site!
MacNab23
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, and cheers!
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Welcome, MacNab! Good to see a fellow Feanor fan! Never enough of them if you ask me.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
WaitingCynicism
Council Member
Send Message
gondolinian said:Hello WaitingCynicism, welcome to CoE! A most unusual username, I must admit. Any particular backstory to it? Thanks for the short intro, enjoy the site!

Nothing really particular about it, it's just a username I got off some generator or whatever on reddit and started using
Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE, WaitingCynicism and MacNab!

[Edited on 08/08/2018 by Menegilda Brandybuck]
fool_of_a_took_12
Council Member
Send Message
Mae govannen, Menegilda Brandybuck, Waiting Cynicism, and MacNab! Enjoy CoE! I am quite new as well, and I am loving it!
Lembas! One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man!
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE, fool_of_a_took_12! Regarding you avatar, Frodo is actually directly half Brandybuck through his mother Primula. But then Primula's mother Mirabella was née a Took, younger sister of Bilbo's mother Belladonna, and both of them were daughters of Gerontius, the Old Took ...
fool_of_a_took_12
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for that information, Gandolorin! My avatar was originally Pippin, but since Frodo is my favorite character, I decided to change it, not really paying attention to his complex family tree. This whole place seems rather dead right now. I have been wanting to role-play for some time now, but no one is around.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
It’s true there are less members active than in the past. But you can still find some, if you look . I believe the games forum still has a very active bunch of people, if you feel like playing games. It’s not RPG exactly, but still fun.

I compare our current state to Imladris: full of knowledge and with unexpected pleasant people around the corner. But not so full anymore with singing and laughing elves as in the early days. More like a cozy comfortable place for an autumn afternoon, with a quiet talk and a good book near the fire.
fool_of_a_took_12
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, gondolinian. Your comparison of this site to Imladris is very accurate. I will definitely check out the games forum.
Sador
Council Member
Send Message
Mae govannen!
I am called Sador, which means “faithful” and is the closest word to “servant” that I could find. Also, Sador was humble, kind, and true to his master Húrin, and so I admire his dignity.
I found the Council of Elrond many years ago when searching for a Sindarin lexicon and lesson book, and have since found many other interesting articles besides. I dabble in writing, languages, history, weaponry, and adventuring, and have read all of Tolkien’s books of which I now know. My father first read The Hobbit to me when I was a small child, and later read The Lord of the Rings to me. Hopefully I shall be able to explore Middle Earth, Beleriand, and Aman more through this website!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome to CoE Sador!
Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome! Hope you have a great time here!
Tinny
Council Member
Send Message
Hi I'm new here. I like to dabble with lots of languages without ever learning them fully, so this will probably be no different haha.

Anyway, I will enjoy learning about Sindarin and Quenya
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Tinny, welcome to CoE! That's what matters, enjoying a new experience, learning a new skill. It's the journey .
Balamaethor
Council Member
Send Message
Hello I'm new to this place. I'm 25, from Pennsylvania though I'm currently living abroad in Scotland. I wish I'd found this site much earlier, I haven't met many people as deeply interested in the stories of Middle Earth so this is the kind of place I would have thrived in. I absolutely love the books, the films, the music..well pretty much everything Lord of the Rings related.

I look forward to getting to know the people here.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Balamaethor, glad to have you with us. The site is a bit quieter than it used to be, but you'll still find loads of interesting things and several people who share the same love for Tolkien as you do. Enjoy!
Nelyo
Council Member
Send Message
(Hello! I'm Connie or Nelyo, I'm 18 and from the North Eastern United States. My favorite character, as my username likely hinted, is Maedhros. I used to be Rosengreen on here before my account got confused. If it's OK to ask, how can I change my profile picture?)

[Edited on 05/13/2019 by Nelyo]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Nelyo, welcome back to CoE. You can change your profile picture by going to “edit my profile” when you’re logged in. Normally there’s an option there to change your avatar.
meganjoe45
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hello to all
on: October 20, 2019 04:51
Hey everyone, I am a newbie here.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Meganjoe45, welcome to CoE. Have a look around the forums, some are more active than others, but you'll find some dedicated Tolkien fans here!
Anorell_Lentiell
Council Member
Send Message
I just remembered the password to my account and logged on for the first time since 2004. If anybody's out there- hey!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Anorell_Lentiell! Welcome back! Very sorry for the late response, been a strange/busy month but glad to see one of the first members pop back in. We're still breathing, but we cannot deny we're in the Last Homely House with many inhabitants going off to distant shores. But don't let that stop you from coming in and looking around, a few corners of the site are still lively.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Anorell_Lentiell said:I just remembered the password to my account and logged on for the first time since 2004. If anybody's out there- hey!

Hey Anorell! I remember you from back in the day! I know I'm a couple months late but it's Good to see you!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
FluffyTheFriendlyUrukHai
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone! I created this account about a year ago, but only recently was able to log in. So, I'm technically still a newbie.

Name: You can call me either Fluffy, or Surulindal.
Introduction to LotR: My Dad read them to my siblings and I as bedtime stories. I have yet to read them on my own, but they are on my to-do list.
Favorite character: Currently Samwise Gamgee, but I remember the first time I heard the story (I was what? Five at the time?) My favorite characters were inexplicably Legolas, Elrond, and Glorfindel.
How I found CoE: I was surfing the web, looking for lembas recipes, and stumbled across this. A few minutes of bopping around, and I was hooked.

I have read the Silmarillion all the way through twice, and the Hobbit once; as well as having memorizing the first part of The Lay of Luthien for a school project. So yes, I am a total nerd, and proud of it. I also love to draw, write, make music, and bake. (My pfp is one of my more random pieces of artwork: a chibi uruk hai!)
I am super excited to be a part of this site, and I look forward to becoming a part of this community!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to the Council of Elrond Fluffy, hope you enjoy yourself here
FluffyTheFriendlyUrukHai
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks! I will.

[Edited on 06/13/2021 by FluffyTheFriendlyUrukHai]
<< First4950515253
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email