Register

<< First4950515253
Author Topic:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Welcome to the site Fluffy, enjoy!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
lord_gwaihir
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings all! I can't believe it's taken me so long to join a forum so i'm very excited to meet some fellow fans here.

Name: lord gwaihir
Where are you from (country/state): sydney, australia.
How did you find CoE: the ol' google.
What are your hobbies and interests: i enjoy film, fashion, travel, outdoor activities, art and music.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies: i have indeed read the hobbit and the lotr (almost due for another reading). also 'anything you can imagine: peter jackson & the making of middle-earth' is sensational. i have of course watched the hobbit and the lotr trilogy too many times to count.
FluffyTheFriendlyUrukHai
Council Member
Send Message
Hello!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello and welcome to the CoE lord gwaihir. I hope that you enjoy yourself here
Folwar96
Council Member
Send Message
Name: Folwar
Where are you from: Italy
How did you find CoE: Looking for good resources to learn some Sindarin
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? Yes, I'm in the process of listening to an audiobook format of the Silmarillion and i've read the Children of Hurin.
FluffyTheFriendlyUrukHai
Council Member
Send Message
Hello!

Wow! The Children of Hurin? Good for you!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome Folwar96 and lord_gwaihir!
Bronaduil
Council Member
Send Message
Hello! I poked around this beautiful site on a casual basis about...gosh, about 15 years ago...when I was newly in love with all things LOTR. And very new to the internet in general, so I had no clue how to navigate a site this big or indeed what anything really meant. But this site is as beautiful as I remember (more so now that I can appreciate the details and complexity somewhat better), and I hope to really get to know it.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Glad to see you return to us Bronaduil! Enjoy everything our site has to offer!
Hekate131313
Council Member
Send Message
Name: Hekate
Where are you from: Fruitvale, Texas, US of A
How did you find CoE: Looking for good resources to learn some Sindarin
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? I've read the hobbit and Silmarillion and LoTR was read to me by my grandpa when I was little. I'm finally reading LoTR for myself
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Hekate, welcome to CoE
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome to CoE Hekate. Enjoy your read-through of the LotR!
Syrni
Council Member
Send Message
not new-new but haven't been here in some years. hope everyone is well.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome back Syrni!
leavesandstars
Council Member
Send Message
Post hi everybody
on: April 23, 2022 05:28
i'm never quite sure what to put in these things but i'm a big fan of lotr/the hobbit. I have indeed read all of Tolkien as well as watched all the Peter Jackson movies and the movie "Tolkien" which I feel like doesn't get talked about very much but i loved it. I'm 17 from the UK (F) and a lover of this site, i just never signed up before <3
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome leavesandstars! Glad to see you like the site and keep coming back.
blacknazgul13
Council Member
Send Message
Hi there! I'm 17 and a big fan of Lord of the Rings! As you can probably tell by my username and avatar, I gravitate towards bad guy aesthetics, but don't worry, I'm totally on the good guy side.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome!
chaered
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings to all!

Name: chaered
Current abode: living in Austin, TX, USA.
How did you find CoE: wandering the interwebs.
What are your hobbies and interests: reading, languages.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies: read; watched in theater.

I've been dabbling in Quenya for about a year, spending some time on Discord (Vinye Lambengolmor), looking at Eldamo.org, etc.
My attempts at learning more made me put up a small site with some conjugation/declension help, but it is not complete or all correct.
Looking forward to some fun Quenya-related discussions with the members of this forum!

[Edited on 07/07/2022 by gondolinian]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome Chaered.
I need to point out that our site rules do not allow links to your own site, unless required for a specific topic. Since this is an introduction thread, it's not on topic and hence I've removed the link.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Welcome Chaered, I think a link to your site would be alright in our Quenya forum, where other learners will also spot it more easily. Feel free to jump in to that forum, and good luck with learning Quenya! The more fans of languages here, the better ^ ^
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Ereamercanarmo
Council Member
Send Message
Hello! I just joined the other day.
Name: Ereamercanarmo. As far as I know in my limited Quenya it means 'Lone wild wolf'.
Where are you from?: Somewhere in the world
How did you find CoE?: I was looking for some ways to start learning Sindarin and found this. So far the best site I've found!
What are your hobbies and interests?: I like to create characters and draw or write stories about them. I love to read and do crafts.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?: Yes! I read the books and watched the movies for both of them, also making my way slowly through 'The Silmarillion'.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?: Not yet.

[Edited on 07/11/2022 by Ereamercanarmo]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome Ereamercanarmo! Enjoy the site, and good luck with the Sindarin studies.
WightOfDolAmroth
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings and salutations, I hope this will be a reasonably active forum as there is a new Tolkien series coming out on Amazon in a few weeks. I am a fan of the original works The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, and The Silmarillion. The Jackson movies were too great a departure from the source material (especially the relationships between the characters, with Jackson's changes rendering the original LOTR story incomprehensible and The Hobbit unrecognizable).
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello and welcome to CoE
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello wightOfDolAmroth, welcome to CoE!
Time will tell if the new Amazon series is any good, and whether or not we’ll see a new influx of people . But it’s good to see some renewed attention to Tolkien’s works.
Eadgifu
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone!

Glad to be here

I am looking for costume ideas, as my nephew is having a LOTR themed wedding this coming summer. I am thinking of something from Rohan; I think a medieval-looking gown would be great. Any ideas/links? I’ve searched here but very likely not enough.

Name: Eadgifu; an early medieval English queen
Where are you from?: US
How did you find CoE?: Looking for costuming ideas; this seemed like it would have many resources
What are your hobbies and interests?: The Middle Ages; crafts (sewing, knitting, etc)
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?: Seen the movies, and read most of the four books.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?: Costumes!!! I am looking for how to make a costume.

(edited by mod to merge 2 posts)

[Edited on 10/25/2022 by gondolinian]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Eadgifu. I'm not sure we have any specific forums focused on costume making, but you might want to dig a little deeper through the Creations Forum's threads. Chances are there are some that discussed the topic (admittedly often from years ago).
Ilmare
Council Member
Send Message
Post Alatúlie (Welcome!)
on: October 24, 2022 08:51
Alatúlie to all!

'Tis I, Ilmare, chief of the Maiar, handmaiden of Varda Elentári, and Guardian of the Stars.

From Taniquetil I look e'er afar, beyond Aman towards the very borders of Arda and beyond, and delight greatest in the Stars that my Lady hath made, of those that shine e'er the greater upon the coming of peaceful night.

The Maiar descend at a time when they must, by the Will of Ilúvatar, and 'tis now that I have come, to bring the Light of the Stars forth, and lead Arda to a brighter future.

Valar valuvar! Cala o Eleni cuita! A, Elbereth Gilthoniel! Aure entuluva!

(Will of the Valar be done! Light of the Stars awaken! O, Elbereth Starkindler! Day shall come again!)
JimmyK
Council Member
Send Message
Hi friends!

I'm Jimmy and I'm currently learning Quenya, That sounds like hell of a fun and I'm happy to be here!

Namárie!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome Jimmy and Ilmare, glad to have you with us.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Eadgifu, Ilmare and Jimmy welcome to CoE
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newcomers! Hope to see you around. I’m interested in talking about almost any topic.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
ChessDursa
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, I think I'm doing this right?

Name : Jay
Where are you from (country/state)? : New Zealand
How did you find CoE? : Googled something about languages then got sucked down the rabbit hole
What are your hobbies and interests? : Reading, baking, singing, and occasionally knitting
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? : currently reading the Hobbit (when I can steal it from my mom), have seen the first Hobbit movie, and keep restarting the 2nd
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? : not currently

I'm attempting to learn Sindarin (as in, I'm just starting out)
wish me luck!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello and welcome to CoE.
<< First4950515253
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email