Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Draketh
Council Member
Send Message
Post active realms?
on: February 15, 2013 09:19
Which realms are still active? I was looking through them and most of there latest news is from several years ago.
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
Post Re: active realms?
on: February 15, 2013 05:27
Hello Draketh!

I imagine most Realms are still active, but with a small core group of members. If in doubt I would recommend getting in touch with the Realm Head and asking them how things are in their Realm.

Speaking for Lorien, I know we have had some confusion recently with people looking at our website and thinking we're not still here, but the simple reason for this is that no-one in Lorien knows how to update it.
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
Draketh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2013 08:21
Ok thanks
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2013 09:33
I do not think the Aule Realm is active btw. As I found out...
Draketh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2013 03:37
Besides the realms, most of the forums seem dead as well.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2013 08:27
Yes. It is really quite sad.

The Realm of Nessa isn't that active anymore. Except for a few threads that is.
There was a period not to long ago that we were really active, but then with the holidays and all we kinda got quiet.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Draketh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2013 09:42
I still haven't found any fantasy forums anywhere that are still even remotely busy.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2013 08:49
I'm sorry about that.

By the way, some of the realm heads just neglect to update the main page. Like the head of Nessa hadn't updated our main page for a while, but we were still active.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: February 17, 2013 11:30
Yeah, everytime I try to do it from my phone it won't let me enter anything in the text input fields. I'll try and remember to update our newspage this week when I have access to an actual computer. I used to be able to update it from my phone...meh...

Anywho, Nessa has slowed down a bit, but we're not dead yet. I still have some tricks up my sleeve
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2013 10:11
Well, you'd best show them quick, before I lose all hope for our little realm.
Narylfiel_Firebrand
Council Member
Send Message
Is Vána still active?
"Most people assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly . . . timey-wimey . . . stuff."
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
It looks like the main page hasn't been updated since May, so I don't know. But as I mentioned up there, that might just be that the realm head hasn't been able to update it. I'd suggest PMing Vána's Realm Head and asking if they are still active.

[Edited on 08/11/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
If not, you can just join all of us at Ulmo
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Or Nessa. We wouldn't mind at all.

[Edited on 08/13/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Sad news, evrybody: after careful diliberation, I am switching from Ulmo to Vana. i found that a lot of the people I chat with regularly are a part of that realm. ulmo is sadly not that active anymore despite a few threads. Perhaps someday i shall go back, but for now, I am switching.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry, can I ask the same question again here? Which of the Realms are still active.

I've joined Nienna, but apparently no one is active there.
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Hi LadyElarinya and welcome.
I can't say for realms other than mine but Vaire is still active with a handful of people who post daily. I am sure some of the other realm's members will be around shortly to speak for their realms too.

[Edited on 01/15/2014 by Dolwen]
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
LadyElarinya, we too have a handful of people in Yavanna who post regularly.
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks for answering, guys! ^^

Would it be wrong to change realms now? Or should I wait the three months?
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
I wonder: can you change before the three months are up? It used to be you were locked in and only a mod or admin could release you. Maybe that has changed. But if no one has posted in the last few months in the realm you're in, then probably no will be posting any time soon. In that case, I think it would be ok to change. It's difficult now to see which realms are active. The rule was instituted so that people didn't change realms daily.
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
I understand. I wouldn't change realms, but the newest post [before mine] is from august 2013. And it wasn't responded, like mine.

But I'll wait a bit before asking to change Realms. Don't even know where to go yet. ^^
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I was able to change Realms before three months. I guess there are the active ones: Vaire, Yavanna, Nessa, and Ulmo.
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, Maxie! Tough choice to make. xD
Loreanna
Council Member
Send Message
Good day to all! I've been following the posts above. I'm not sure this is the right place, but could someone from Lorien reply? It is my first choice, I couldn't access the test so I followed my intuition and am unwilling to change. After all, life is made of ups and downs, and if it is really quiet, even a few could do the trick. Thanks for any info!
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I'm sorry nobody has responded to you. You might try sending a PM to calenmarwen is/was the Realm Leader of Lórien.
Loreanna
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you Evil~Shieldmaiden! Hope guides us on, right? And all comes for good. After all, while looking for those I seek, I'm already getting to know a lot of others. All the best!
lordoftheringer
Assistant Ghost of Mandos
Send Message
Mandos is dead. I'm the realm head and I check in from time to time to see if anyone posts, but nothing. Shame.
"The more tragic things get, the more I feel like laughing." - Mat Cauthon
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Nessa is not, I am very sorry to say, doing that well either. Currently myself and one or two other people post, perhaps a few times a week. :/ We tend to have little spurts of activity, like when a newbie joins or something.
arwen1300
Gosling of Vána
Send Message
Vana is rather dead. I had been hoping to bring it back, since that's been my realm for a very long time, and I will certainly respond to anyone who stops by and starts hanging out. However, if this continues, I may switch to a more active realm. :'(

Anyone got ideas for bringing the realms back?
Image If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
How about making it possible to be a member of more than one Realm? OK, the programmers may feel like beating me about the head with heavy blunt objects, but I could definitely consider this to be something desirable. Some days, I could feel more drawn to one Realm, another day to another. Setting up such walls between the Realms seems somewhat contrary to the feel of the LotR for me. May have been sensible in earlier days ... Just a thought.
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
Vaire is quite active, happily enough. We've had several new members recently and our threads keep growing!

I'm sorry to here that most of the Realms aren't doing well, though
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It seems that many of the older members (not age, just in CoE years) are more drawn to Vaire. May be why it is so active.
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Vaire certainly does have daily activity but we don't have a lot of members, just active ones. Actually, we only have a handful that post regularly. There really aren't as many older CoE members as you'd think but out of that handful most are older members. I don't think it's CoE years that draw to Vaire but just the fact that we are still active. The common thread in the majority of our members however tends to be a real love of The Silmarillion, perhaps that is the draw.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Perhaps! I forget that many realms derive from personal interest.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
findemaxam48 said:I forget that many realms derive from personal interest.

That really is the main point of Realms; to hang out with other people who share the same interests you do. For example, I was drawn to Ulmo because of my love of anything involving water.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email