Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Gandolorin said:How about making it possible to be a member of more than one Realm? OK, the programmers may feel like beating me about the head with heavy blunt objects, but I could definitely consider this to be something desirable. Some days, I could feel more drawn to one Realm, another day to another. Setting up such walls between the Realms seems somewhat contrary to the feel of the LotR for me. May have been sensible in earlier days ... Just a thought.

Personally, I think that sounds like a brilliant idea! Maybe not make it possible to be a member of all the realms at once, so you're not getting a whole bunch of people randomly joining realms, and then never posting... But it would be a good way to revive realms, I would think.
ImageImage
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Being able to be part of every realm kind of defeats the purpose of the realms which are to be a smaller community within the bigger of CoE. It would be no different than the regular forums. I agree that the realms need some revamping, just think letting anyone come in randomly, make a post and then leave without any sense of commitment to the chosen realm would be frustrating to those whom have made that realm their home.

[Edited on 09/16/2014 by Dolwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I agree with Dolwen, actually. As convenient as it may be, I like the unity of a realm, active or no.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am not quite sure what an inactive realm is. There are two of us posting almost daily in Aule and our realm head did show up the other day. Does two people posting make for an active realm? There are threads that cannot go beyond a few posts though, for example, "What did you get for Christmas?"

I like Aule because of our realm insignia
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
As long as two people are posting, I would consider it an active realm. In Yavanna, sometimes we have five, sometimes only two posting. It all depends on what is going on in our lives at the time.

I also figure that as long as we keep the realm going, there is a better chance of others joining. We're always happy to have new members.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for clarifying that for me, NenyaGold. Yay! Aule is active!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Then, I guess that Ulmo is active as well!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I have switched realms. I have gone to Orome for some more forest adventures.
fëalisse
Council Member
Send Message
Nessa is active and full of good humor and friendships that have lasted for years. Sometimes only two or three people post regularly, but we can count on seeing up to eight show up every month or so. We love meeting new people!
Image Nessa ~ Dance Like Nobody's Watching ~
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dolwen said:Being able to be part of every realm kind of defeats the purpose of the realms which are to be a smaller community within the bigger of CoE.

I agree with you absolutely as far as every realm is concerned, Dol. But that was not my suggestion, it was was more than one - and let it be just two, absolutely fine with me. Again, the programmers may rightly respond to two realm memberships as to membership in all realms with the equivalent of §$%&ß@€#µ!!!
If so, never mind.
Just sometimes, I may feel more like doing things in the realm of Vairë (my current realm), and on other days my mood may be better fitted for some other realm. I certainly would not know before being able to check the other realm out.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Orome is still seeking new members!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email