Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
Post Neo Khuzdul
on: February 16, 2013 12:32
FINALLY I HAVE FOUND IT!!! A 100% fully fleshed out Dwarven language!!
8O

The famous linguist David Salo used what little is known of Khuzdul to flesh it out for use in the Hobbit movies! Remember the Khuzdul teachers instructing the actors in PJ's blogs? This is it!!! There is a full tutorial on youtube in several parts. This is seriously functional!! It is not some fake attempt at making Khuzdul. This genius meticulously studied every single instance of Khuzdul use in all of Tolkien's works and from there pieced it together. I am so happy!! I will post links soon...

Edit:
Here's the intro. Note: Salo's Neo-Khuzdul was also used in Turbine's Lord of the Rings Online.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY9IB6nR6bs
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Neo Khuzdul
on: February 17, 2013 06:03
That is very neat! I'm glad that you were able to find this! If I remember correctly Tolkien made it sound like Dwarves did not teach their tongue to many people at all, and for someone else to be able to speak their language was very rare. So to know that there was just enough to create a functional language is very exciting!
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Neo Khuzdul
on: February 17, 2013 01:07
Yes, technically I'm not supposed to tell you guys about this...we Dwarves are not supposed to reveal our language . But I don't think Durin took into account the invention of the internet!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email