Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
Post Please Post Forum Issues Here
on: April 30, 2013 08:07
If you find anything that doesn't work as expected in the new forum, please post about it here. Be sure to include a link if it's something on a specific page.

PLEASE NOTE: I am aware that the members/profile links are not working. We're in the midst of writing a new members list and profile plugin, which will be hopefully be unveiled in the next week or two. Please be patient in the meantime.
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Take a look at the games forum...LOTR This or That. Some of the signatures are only letters and symbols and the posts stick out to the right. Oh, and my post on April 14, 2013 has a huge blank area. Thank you.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
dirk_math
Quenya Workbook Mentor
Send Message
The languages fora seem to have disappeared
Yassë engë lómë, anarties calali.
Teciltur
Council Member
Send Message
As dirk_math says, the language forums are inaccessible from the main forum view. They're still there, though, as searching the forums for 'quenya', say, finds topics that are in these forums. Clicking the links in the Forum Home » Languages » Sindarin Discussion portion at the top of the page of such a search-found thread can take you to Sindarin Discussion, but clicking on Languages takes you to an empty forum page, without links to the Sindarin and Quenya subforums.

Edit: Just found the 'Change Forum' dropdown menu, where Languages produces the same blank page, while the subforums work as expected.

[Edited on 05/01/2013 by Teciltur]
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
How do I get my image to work in my signature? I'm noticing all the signatures that had images or italics aren't working now. What coding do we need to use?
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
The signatures are now html so you will need to change them from the bb code the previous forum used.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
HTML? Did someone say HTML?! YAY! I love HTML! It's my favorite programming language so far . Though I hope it's limited enough, as we don't want anyone doing anything wacky with it. By the way, I love having the online members listed at the bottom.

[Edited on 05/01/2013 by Leoflic_Nightleaf]
Rivka
Send Message
dirk_math said:The languages fora seem to have disappeared

I'm not clear what you mean -- we have the Sindarin and Quenya forums. The languages forums are directly beneath the Book Discussion forums. Are you not seeing them?

I'll make it so that bbcode works in the signatures in addition to basic HTML.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Aaarg! The withdrawal symptoms have been terrible so it's just good to be back. Thanks Rivka. No dates though, on any posts. I'm set to GMT. And my last visit was March 13, 2012. Slightly off.

Another edit: Language forums are not below the Book forums. The left hand menu (Languages of Middle Earth) for Sindarin or Quenya forum goes to main forum page. Drop down forum selector works.
[Edited on 05/01/2013 by tarcolan]

[Edited on 05/01/2013 by tarcolan]
LadyBrooke
Council Member
Send Message
For me, directly under the Book Discussion forums are the Tolkien Related ones. If a screenshot helps Rivka, I uploaded one http://s1203.photobucket.com/user/Lady_Brooke/media/coe.png.html on photobucket. What I see as far as the actual forums (in order) are:

Community
Movies Discussion
Books Discussion
Tolkien Related Discussion
Entertainment
Off Topic
Realm of Vairë the Weaver
Roleplaying

And if you need to know this (in case it's somehow browser specific), I'm viewing it on Firefox 20.0.1 and Chrome 26.0.1410.64.

Edits because I can never manage coding right on the first try.

[Edited on 05/01/2013 by LadyBrooke]

[Edited on 05/01/2013 by LadyBrooke]
tarcolan
Send Message
Me again. Set my profile to Pacific time and dates appear as normal, time as Pacific time.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, I'm glad there will be BB code as well, as a lot of people on here probably aren't as familiar with plain HTML.
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
As always, thank you, Rivka! Image We really missed CoE and especially our Realm!

I too cannot see the Languages Forum below the Books Discussion. My main forum page looks like LadyBrooke's.

Also, the Main Realms Forum is missing from the Forum page and the drop down menu.

If you click on someone's name either above their avi or in the Members Online list, it goes to a photo in the gallery...

Will we ever have the capability of deleting a post?

Thanks again!

P.S. Mods have Moderator under their names just above their avi's and the rest of us have Council Member. Except Leoflic_Nightleaf and he has his name. Weird... There are possibly others but that's the only one I've come across.

P.P.S. If we want to send you a donation check, do we still send it to your PO Box in Tustin?

[Edited on 05/01/2013 by NenyaGold]
Rivka
Send Message
NenyaGold said:As always, thank you, Rivka!
I too cannot see the Languages Forum below the Books Discussion. My main forum page looks like LadyBrooke's.

Also, the Main Realms Forum is missing from the Forum page and the drop down menu.

Okay, I'll look into this tonight.

If you click on someone's name either above their avi or in the Members Online list, it goes to a photo in the gallery...

Yes, that's because we're working on the members/profiles section. That functionality will be there eventually.

Will we ever have the capability of deleting a post?

Probably not; I can foresee where this would cause problems on multiple fronts. If you need a post deleted, then I would recommend contacting a moderator.

P.P.S. If we want to send you a donation check, do we still send it to your PO Box in Tustin?

Yep, I still use the same PO Box.
dirk_math
Quenya Workbook Mentor
Send Message
I cannot see the language fora in the main list on Forum Home. Indeed they can be found through the Change forum-drop down list, but that is a path I'm not used to taking.

The links in the left menu 'Languages of Middle Earth' seem to point to the previous URL's and are redirected to the Forum Home.
Yassë engë lómë, anarties calali.
NenyaGold
Send Message
Thank you again, Rivka! Image

The Languages forum is now showing on the main forum page and on the drop-down menu and the Realms forum is showing on the main forum page!

EDIT: OMGoodness!!! I just noticed that our special titles are back!!! Image

[Edited on 05/02/2013 by NenyaGold]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I notice that some, but not all, of the Alt+Key codes that are used to make the accented letters required in Tolkien names are not working. When I try to use some of them, it "dumps" me out of the reply box.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
The YouTube embed button didn't work for me.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Where it says "Last visit" by my avatar at the top of my page, the date says March 13, 2012 and the time says 21:15. It does not change. Thank you.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
For the last several days, when I log in, it takes me to a page called "dashboard"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I have just noticed we are unable to post pictures on the threads.
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Are you sure you are using the right code? I am able to post pics:

Test pic:

[Edited on 05/06/2013 by Dolwen]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
One of our Realm threads has an odd link in it. I've notified our Realm Leader as I'm not sure if it's something she can fix herself.
NenyaGold
Send Message
Lindarielwen said:I have just noticed we are unable to post pictures on the threads.

Might Lindarielwen mean the photo upload buttons we used to get (there were three per post) when we clicked the Add Reply button at the top of the thread instead of just filling in the Submit Quick Reply box at the bottom?

Oh, and I just noticed that there is a Preview button on the Add Reply box! Nice!
Rivka
Send Message
Might Lindarielwen mean the photo upload buttons we used to get (there were three per post) when we clicked the Add Reply button at the top of the thread instead of just filling in the Submit Quick Reply box at the bottom?

Those were removed due to security concerns. I would recommend posting any photos you want to share on a site like photobucket or imgur, and then using the bbcode to display it.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Those were removed due to security concerns. I would recommend posting any photos you want to share on a site like photobucket or imgur, and then using the bbcode to display it.

Good thinking Rivka!
NenyaGold
Send Message
Is it possible to have the *Add Reply* button at the bottom of the thread where we're reading the last post, instead of at the top? It includes the *Preview* button which is very useful to confirm that links and code work properly before hitting the Submit button.

A spell checker would be nice too, while I'm wishing...

Thank you, Rivka!
tarcolan
Send Message
My browser does the spell checking (Firefox) or at least something is putting squiggly red lines under werds like that one.
NenyaGold
Send Message
I can see my realm even though I'm logged off. I deleted cookies, history and all, and I can still read posts, though I can't post. Kinda strange... Thanks for the help!

Edit: It's working properly now.

[Edited on 12/11/2013 by NenyaGold]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email