Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Here's a quote I found the other day that kinda reminds me of what you were saying, Lindarielwen.

"Don't fell bad when people only remember you when they need you. Feel privileged that you are like a candle that comes to their mind when there is darkness."
-anonymous

And I too, know what you feel like, Ethelynn. *hugs* This was a few years back. A family started coming to our church and they had six kids, and there was a girl my age, a couple months older. It didn't take very long before we were best friends. We had such good times together. But It think it only lasted for about two years. Then they stopped coming to our church and went somewhere else. We rarely see them anymore. And they aren't like they used to be. She isn't the same girl I loved so much. But another family that used to come to our church started coming back about a year after my used-to-be best friend's family left. We are all quite close, and I can't see them ever leaving.

One of my best friends is going away to college next month. It's not going to be the same without her smile and laugh hanging around. I'm going to miss her dreadfully.

[Edited on 07/02/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
QUOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyways, I recently encountered a problem with some friends. I won;t go into detail, PM me if you want the whole story, but I had two friends who werent very understanding whenit came to a working situation with my mom. I couldnt hang out as much, and they became furious with me. They both live across town, and since I live closer to the city line, I feel unsafe walking all the way there. There is also the matter of my nine year old sister, and i couldnt leave her alone all day while i went across town. They still aren;t speking to me. I get mad when I think of them, but we were so close, and i would like somehow to salvage our friendship. Im going to forgive, but i have nothing to apologize for, because I did nothing wrong. When they both were angrily texting, i took a passive agressive pose, hich was NOT second nature for me. I dodn;t want to say anything that I would later regret. Ugh. Hopefully this whole thing will blow over.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
That must be hard. I'll be praying, Maxie. *hugs*
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks! *hugs back*
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie, I am very surprised at the behaviour of your "friends" in this situation. You feel unsafe walking across town, you have a responsibilty with your younger sister and they are not talking to YOU? It is you who should not be talking to them. It is very difficult when our friends act in such a manner that hurts us. It is easy to tell you to ignore this. It is easy to tell you to just wait and see what happens. But it is not easy for you to do. I hope your situation resolves itself but in the meantime, you must do what is right for you and your family.

Mareth, the quote you mentioned has helped.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
Hey findemaxam, don't worry too much about that kind of situation. If they are really your friends, they will understand the situation, and come and apologize. Besides, in theory, if they are not talking to you, that is a good thing because they obviously don't deserve to talk to you. Little self-esteem boost there. Oh, and SMILE!
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, everyone And LegolasXXXXX, you can call me Maxie. Everyone does, pretty much
There aree still no new developments. Im struggling now because part of me wants to talk to them, but the other part doesnt want to let them go. Im starting to accept the fact that they probably wont come back, but im still hoping.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie, how long have you known these two? Real friends help their friends through difficult situations, not make matters worse by hurting you. It will all work out for best. Hang in there!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
about three years, since 7th grade...im a sophomore in high school now. And it really frustrates me, because in the case of one of these friends, I helped her out majorly when she was going through a lot of personal and family struggles and illness. And when I was a freshman and I was struggling with two family deaths within five months, they were not very supportive of me. In this case, both of the people who passed were my grandmothers. I was incredibly close to one of them, and am still struggling with the fact that she's gone more than a year later. The two aforementioned friends were not really there for me, and when I was grieving and didnt want to hng out, they told me that something was wrong with me when I didnt want to hang out, and that I need to rethink what Im doing and get professional help. This was six months after the death of the grandmother I was very close to, and one month after the sudden death of my other grandmother. That should have been a red flag to me, but for some reason, I still spojke to them. And now theres this issue.....
And by the wa, since I mentioned the situation with the deaths in my family, I want to thank Rodwen, lotrelessar, and Ethelynn. They were very supportive at the time and still are now! Thanks so much, guys
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am lucky in my life to have a dear Little One in my life. Thank you with all my heart, Iellwen. I am happy to have you as a friend and I totally love the gift you have sent me...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Aww, we're all making friend shout outs! How cute
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
And you know what, Maxie? If people in your life hurt you and make you feel sad, they are not your friends. Friends stand up for you and stand behind you when things are not going good in your life. They do not criticize and hurt you. You are already hurting and they are adding to your pain...they are not worthy to have you call them "friend." You are young, you will find true friends. You really will.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, Lin! im glad that I can find support in places like this
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
We sang the song "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" last night, and the second part of the third verse reminded me of you, Maxie. I'm going to go ahead and post the whole third verse.

"Are we weak and heavy laden, Cumbered with a load of care? Precious Savior, still our refuge, Take it to the Lord in Prayer! Do thy friends despise, forsake thee? Take it to the Lord in prayer! In His arms He'll take and shield thee, Thou wilt find a solace there."

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Awww, thanks, Mareth! Im going to print out that post and save it, so I can look back at it when Im feeling upset. Thanks! *hugs*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
You are most welcome, Maxie. *hugs back*
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Still no changes in anything.......................
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
It's really sad to see that your friends are treating you like that In my opinion, they're not worth the worrying. It's clearly something on their end of the deal, not yours, and you should stop stressing over them right now, cuz I can pretty much guarantee that they're not thinking about you. Try to get involved in something else, where there are more people to talk to and get your mind off of your current friend situation That's all I can think of
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
thanks yeah, your probably right I just dont want their other friends to get involved, and since I dont have Facebook or anything, I cant tell if or if not that is happening. The only reason im telling it on here is because none of my friends besides those of you on here like LOTR. So I know no one on theior side of the deal will be here to comment.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
I'm gonna just share this with you.
Findemaxa and I have been doing this thing where each time we see each other we exchange little pictures that we printed out from the computer. They're usually just Google search results from "quotes about friends" and they come out pretty good. You could develop pictures of the two (or three or four...) of you also. We made it a tradition that whenever we get them we hang them up on our wall. I think it's a good idea for friends that see each other often and don't mind taping millions of little paper quotes on their walls. Its just a good reminder of them whenever you pass that part of your wall and you can stop and read the quotes. It just makes me smile to think that even when she's not there, she's still thinking about me. Thanks findemaxa! You're an awesome friend!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Awww, thanks Yeah we have been doing that since our bdays in Jan. I printed out your four quotes, btw, Rodwen
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Best Friend, it has been 3 sad years to the day without you. I look at the picture of you and me that was taken the day you came home from the hospital..two happy girls hugging and smiling. Now one of those girls is playing with the Angels and the other...well, the other is crying in the night.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I once had a best friend, and I thought I was her best friend until suddenly I met her actual best friend, and she just casually told me... the same friend, two years later, left me alone and got a whole new group of friends...
Then I made one friend... but... I fell over and was bleeding, and asked her to come with me to the nurse's office, but she said no cos she was playing with her friends... Then she hurt herself and lent on me to get to the nurse's office...
I made some friends quite a lot younger than me... but then they said they preffered my enemy... I say enemy... she was really mean, but everyone pretended to like her so she didnt turn on them... she never got into trouble because she blamed it on being dislexic...
I went to a new school, and made a friend... I told her I fancied someone, from a film... she became obsessed with the film... now he is all she ever goes on about... its like she just decided it would be fine to share him... she told me she likes someone else as well, from a related film... i might like him, but I decided not to... I managed to convince myself I had a different favourite character, and now I do... so mind over matter really does work... she hurt me so badly but I couldn't do the same to her... we fell out about something else, and I didnt make up with her because of what I said before... but I didnt have the heart to tell her... it made her cry as much as she made me cry... so I made up with her, and tried to let it go...
I have a very strict idea of who my friends are, and who my acquaintances are... I have about two actual friends... one is a really good friend... once when I got really depressed, she cried for me. Because I scared her, cos she cared for me...
:'( for everyone who has lost friends.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, that's really sad. I'm sorry about all that. *hugs wolfbladequeen*

Lindarielwen, I am so sorry about your best friend. I know it's hard to have loved ones leave us. I've been there too. *hugs*
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thats so sad, both of you. Life really stinks sometimes, but thats the way it goes. Some friends a real and some are fake. But, I would rather have one sworn enemy then ten fake friends anyday.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Was just reading back through these posts. I am so grateful that I have good friends both in the "real world" and here on CoE! I love them all.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Jeez, some of this is heavy.
I am like Utterson in Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde in that my friendships are "those that have stood the test of time."
Most of my friends are fellow literature enthusiasts!
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
A lot of it was, PSK, but a lot of it has passed. I was only fifteen when I posted those things. It seems like solong ago, but it wasn't. Funny you brought up that quote from Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde...did a paper on it last year.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
I'm studying it now! I actually really like it, it's so well written.
My literature texts form the basis of all jokes for me and my friends. Some may call it sad, but it is actually quite funny. For example (in Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde) we all wrote "he is hyding" in our essays, but the teacher didn't even pick up on it!
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I have made friends and I have lost friends. People change sometimes and there's nothing we can do about that.

For the longest time I really struggled with the whole "best friends" thing. I felt I had to have someone to call BFF. But that never really happened for me. My closest friends were also close with many other people and I didn't really like to "share" my best friends. Several years ago that really hurt one of my friendships. But eventually my friend and I were able to work things out and we are still good friends even though we have since grown apart a little. She has a different best friend now, but that doesn't bother me.

I have learned that I don't have to have one "best friend"...I can have as many as I want! So here is a shout out to my family and especially my sisters, whom I would be lost without. I have a couple good RL friends as well, but a lot of my very good friends are right here on CoE. You know who you are (I hope!).

And now I will offer a group hug to everyone. You all have come to mean so much to me! This is what I have to say to my CoE friends, old and new.

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Song, that is so true about the best friends thing. There is a stigma that you can only have one best friend. For a long time, I thought that I had many. But through many changes, most of them in the past six months and most of them not in my life, I found that I have one friend that has remained constant when all the others have dimmed. I am proud to say that I know this one.

I never could have guessed when I joined CoE that I would have found so many friends that range from posting to Pming and even Skyping,when the internet works. I am thankful.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
When I first saw this tread I thought it was about the TV show...
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I'm looking back to the last time I posted on this thread and that was in 2013.
That's crazy. I'm reading what I wrote and I want to slap myself haha
But to be honest, so much has changed. My group of friends now is so inspiring and talented and God-fearing. They're the support and I never had when I was in school. God has blessed me so much.
And I have my best friend. Who I've known for years but have only been close with for 2 years. And we've had our problems and our fights, but we have grown so close. And only God is the reason we still talk. She's taught me so many lessons and I've learned to be patient and understanding. She's widened my comfort zone and shown me what it really means to be loved.
I had so many "best friends" fall through and I was tempted to give up trying to find a best friend. But here she is. And i wouldn't be where I am today without her. She's sat there and cried with me, she was there for me when i was baptized, she listened to my hour-long rants about the guy I like and she's been there at 3am when we're playing with her stuffed animals and laughing hysterically.
Dear friends, involve God in your relationships. That's my advice. He allows you to experience a depth I didn't think was possible. And who only longs for a surface level relationship? Not me.

[Edited on 11/18/2016 by EthelynnGreenleaf]

[Edited on 11/18/2016 by EthelynnGreenleaf]
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email