Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910
Author Topic:
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Wonderful pictures, everyone!
Love that last one, Tarc. It's so lovely!
I'll have to post some more pictures again sometime.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
I thought this one looked interesting. I took this before it started snowing a couple months ago. It's chicken wire, but in this picture it looks like it's plastic because of the ice.

And I thought this one looked kinda cool because you can see the rocks under the water:

image hosting no register

[Edited on 04/24/2015 by Mellwen_Bronwewen]
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Both of your photos are really great, Mell. As always.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks you so much, Lindarielwen!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
The chicken wire looks very interesting, ice has a wonderful ability to change things so much, sadly I do not get much ice here...

The rocks are wonderful, it's an interesting shot. You have a good eye
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Chris!
Yeah, we don't get ice much either. But, at least I was able to get some pictures on that rare occasion.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Great pictures Mellwen. Have you tried using a polarising filter for water shots? If your camera doesn't take filters just hold polarising sunglasses lens against the camera lens and rotate to vary the reflection. Most reflections polarise the light so it's useful for lots of other situations too. It does things to clouds as well.

This is a plain shot of pebbles covered with polythene.

This one is through a lens from polarising sunglasses.

free upload pictures
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
those are cool, at first I thought is was a real stream!!

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
ImageDiamond by Chris, on Flickr

A Glass jewel in the snow, its meant to be a diamond, but really diamonds that size are in short supply....
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
tarcolan
Send Message
Lovely shot Chris. They say there are diamonds as big as houses on Jupiter.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Beautiful, Chris!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
In the 1920's this watertower was built and had been a focal point in my little hick town. Progress wormed it's way in and this landmark was torn down. What we have left is that so ugly cell phone tower. The sky here is really that colour.

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
tarcolan
Send Message
Great photo L. I expect it was an eyesore when it was put up, now everyone misses it. Maybe the phone mast will become much loved in the future.

Here's our local eyesore, now the pride of the city.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
That is a grand old building, tarc. New buildings, to me, just don't have *heart*. It looks like we have the same sky. I just love that blue.

Everytime I drive into town, I see that ugly cell phone tower. It hurts my eyes.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Can anybody now think of Paris, the capital of France (there are tons of places called Paris in the US!) without the Eiffel Tower?
Quote from Wikipedia: "... it was initially criticized by some of France's leading artists and intellectuals for its design ..."
*sigh*
Same ol' same ol' when a group formerly thinking itself to be the avant-garde suddenly falls behind a curve ... but then again, not all of these curves are improvements ... *shrug*
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Beautiful pictures, all!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
tarcolan
Send Message
Here's a sculpture by the Chinese artist Ai Wei Wei. It's called 'Iron Tree' but it's not.

And here's a stone tree but it's not.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, tarc, those are wonderful! Where are they?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
This beautiful dragonfly was caught in the rubber around my windshield. I was so afraid I would break it's wings trying to set it free. It didn't want to leave, but eventually flew away.

[Edited on 08/25/2015 by Lindarielwen]
tarcolan
Send Message
Lovely dragonfly L. They look so delicate but they're pretty tough.
My pics were taken at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Some pretty great pics out there people!!

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I took this in my front yard. It is a sunbow.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I saw this old tree while driving around outside Orlando and found it so interesting. I wondered if a tiny gnome lived there. Days later, the tree was cut down.

[Edited on 09/02/2015 by Lindarielwen]
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Was cut down? For what reason?
Image Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I guess this beautiful tree outlived it's usefulness. I could not believe it was gone. It was still full of life. When I drove by and saw it was gone, I pulled over and cried.
tarcolan
Send Message
I should think it was felled because it was considered dangerous. It looks like it could eat a hobbit.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
This was taken at Lake Eola in Orlando. The figure is made of limestone and the entire piece is about 40 feet long and it's name is Discovery Muse. You are supposed to sit in her hand and she will reveal your hidden potential. I will give that a try the next time I am there.

tarcolan
Send Message
The road goes ever on...

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I did not take this photo but I am going to give this technique a try.

tarcolan
Send Message
The road goes ever on and... EEK!

Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
I don't use a good camera, but I like this photo I took while flying over Seattle.

Sorry, the picture didn't show up. I'll figure it out and post it when I do.

[Edited on 11/20/2015 by Estelanor Of The Shire]
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
tarcolan
Send Message
Estelanor, you need to copy the Forum code (BB code) from the image hosting site. On flickr click the Share link then the BBcode tab on the popup. It uses square brackets. This forum ignores all HTML <pointy brackets> but you can use it in your sig for images.

The flickr URL should look something like this between the image tags
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5725/22826759026_aa87246922_z.jpg

Which is this, some nice fluffy thyme

[Edited on 11/24/2015 by tarcolan]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Very pretty, tarcolan. I used to have peppermint thyme between my stepping stones and the fragrance was released when stepped on.
tarcolan
Send Message
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, it's been so long since I've been here. Loving the photos, everyone! Especially those waves crashing on the shore. Gorgeous, Tarc!

Here's a daffodil picture I took this afternoon:

upload image online

You know you've been away from the photography thread too long if you had a momentary memory lapse on how to post an image. :/

[Edited on 02/17/2016 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
<< First678910
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email