Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Post Favorite Beverage?
on: August 22, 2013 06:52
Whats your favorite thing to drink? Thought of this topic because mt friend and I were raving about iced coffee the other day.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Aerena100
Council Member
Send Message
Root Beer. Barq's, to be precise
~ Golden eye, fiery scale, a drake of flame guards your mountain, and spells your doom ~ ~ Heirs of Durin, reclaim your throne. Send the beast to his watery tomb ~
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Chai latte.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Water is my favourite beverage. I love ice cold water from Silver Springs, Florida and sometimes add a slice of lemon.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I havent had water with lemon in a long time! Whenever I go out to eat, thats what I get, but I havent been out in a long time...
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I love water and sweet tea. Coke (as in soda) is okay once in a while. And Peach Cider is really yummy too.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
I love Calypso blue lemoonade and Vault but I can't seem to find them anymore.

[Edited on 08/24/2013 by starofdunedain]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I believe they quit making Vault. Don't know why though...
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I havent seen Vault in forever, so I think Mareth is right.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
A good IPA ale is what I go for in the evening with dinner.
In the morning, I get a fresh brewed black coffee as soon as I can.

[Edited on 02/11/2015 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
MeliaStormcrow
Council Member
Send Message
Black tea, oolong tea, hard cider, white wine, mead, port, and orange juice.
"The King beneath the mountains, The King of carven stone, The lord of silver fountains Shall come into his own! His crown shall be upholden, His harp shall be restrung, His halls shall echo golden To songs of yore re-sung. The woods shall wave on mountains And grass beneath the sun; His wealth shall flow in fountains And the rivers golden run. The streams shall run in gladness, The lakes shall shine and burn, All sorrow fail and sadness At the Mountain-king's return!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Coffee, still, as well as peach cider and Dr. Pepper.
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Coffee and ice tea. Is ice tea popular anywhere else? Down South (US) it is almost scandalous if you dont like it....
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Here, in central Florida, sweet iced tea is very popular. I never drink it
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
Tea! Especially Earl Grey. I don't drink coffee except in mochas and the occasional pumpkin spice latte.
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old. We must away ere break of day, to claim our long forgotten gold.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I was at Outback yesterday and they had this 2 gallon container that had 2 slices each of limes, lemons and oranges in it. They filled it with ice water and let it infuse. Oh, it was so good.

Water, water is still my fave beverage.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
By sheer volume, coffee is far ahead of anything else.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I drink coffee every morning and can't stand it. It is the ritual of the thing that makes me do it. The pouring of the water, the opening of the can, the smell of the brew. Then I put in a big scoop of Cool Whip and sit back and *enjoy* it.

I bet I am not the only one who does not like coffee but drinks it out of sheer habit.

Water, give me water, anytime.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
OK, I took beverage to mean sort of "refined" water. Straight water certainly challenges coffee by volume for me. And to be nitpicky, coffee (or tea, or soft drinks, or ...) still have an enormously high (in the very high nineties) volume percentage of water. By default, beverages are mostly water.
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Hm, I'll go with dr. Pepper.

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Elweth
Council Member
Send Message
I love tea - sweet tea (fellow Southerners ), earl grey, chai, herbal...you name it! Homemade mulled cider is a close second. Coffee is third.
Member of the blessed realm of Ulmo, Lord of the Waters
Eadburga
Council Member
Send Message
Elweth said:I love tea - sweet tea (fellow Southerners ), earl grey, chai, herbal...you name it! Homemade mulled cider is a close second. Coffee is third.
~I aear can ven na mar~
Eadburga
Council Member
Send Message
Post Favorite Beverage?
on: December 10, 2015 05:55
findemaxam48 said:Whats your favorite thing to drink? Thought of this topic because mt friend and I were raving about iced coffee the other day.

Personally I LOVE herbal teas ...Specifcally one brand which is becoming increasingly popular over here in Sweden... Pukkatea... check it out: http://www.pukkaherbs.com otherwise I love red wine, beer on occasion, and it'd be organic beer, coffee is a must-have!!
~I aear can ven na mar~
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
You know what sounds really good 24/7?
Loganberry. Or chai tea.
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Hawkins
Council Member
Send Message
Diet Pepsi for sure!!!
Lothriel
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
We've kind of gotten away from soft drinks (except for the occasional visit to McD or BK), so carbonated water (medium) is our first choice. My second choice is also carbonated, but produced by a somewhat more complicated procedure: beer (big surprise for Germany - though Belgium and the Czech Republic are known to have a similar affinity for this beverage)
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Does carbonated water taste just like normal water, just fizzy? I've never encountered it here in the States...
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Despite knowing it isn't great for me, Diet Coke for me definitely. Well, it's better than when I used to drink the full fat stuff. I can't touch the stuff now...

And yeah, we have 'fizzy water' now, however we call it 'Sparkling water'. I have to be really thirsty to drink it, as I don't like how it tastes... so I tend to add flavoured cordials to it, such as lemon.

[Edited on 12/27/2016 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
We have flavored Sparkling Water, but I've never encountered just regular Sparkling Water. Maybe it's similar to seltzer.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Maybe "soda water" rings a bell, Maxie? I definitely remember whiskey soda (with or without ice) being a staple of drinks at parties in the US (never acquired a taste for it, nor for any other of the high-percentage - or -proof - drinks).
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Ahh, that makes sense! I don't think I could straight up drink it without flavoring or something in it, though.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I must confess, since we left the US more than 40 years ago, that I couldn't tell you a brand name - except that I'm fairly sure it wasn't Coke or Pepsi. And yes, even here the majority of carbonated beverages are with flavor of some sort (soft drinks, beer, champagne & co).
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Post Sparkling Water
on: December 30, 2016 12:32
[b]... we have 'fizzy water' now, however we call it 'Sparkling water'. I have to be really thirsty to drink it, as I don't like how it tastes...

One of the hikes I used to take in the Washington Cascade Mountains was to a place where there was a natural Sparkling Water Spring. It has sodium bicarbonates and iron hydroxide in it and it tasted vaguely like 'alka selzer' and would make you let out some outrageous burps, but it wasn't bad. Apparently in the late 1800's it was bottled and sold as an antacid stomach remedy.

Edit: Someone made a video of it. When I used to go there the forest service road didn't go that far and the last mile was only a trail. The road was extended past the springs and a car campground was developed. Looks quite well used now compared to back in the day.

Anyway.... back to a favourite beverage... right now, it's Fixation IPA!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
First thing in the morning, my beverage of choice is coffee. Thereafter, I drink green tea. As far as alcoholic beverages are concerned, my drink of choice is red wine, preferably Pinot Noir, but any good quality red wine will do.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
My latest favorite beverage Fox Hat Red Pelt Irish Red Ale.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email