Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Fracturing of Arnor ~ Expression of Interest
on: December 30, 2013 07:27
Edit 30 June 2015: I'm putting this RP idea out here in hopes some of the great writers of CoE RP would like to partake in an interesting (to me anyway) RP of this Middle Earth history.

It would be an attempt at a Tolkien historical RP based in Annuminas in its waning days. The year is 775 of the Third Age. The City of Annuminas is falling into disrepair but is still the seat of the Throne of Arnor. Elendur, the King of Arnor had commenced an ambitious construction project planned by his father King Valandur; to built the stronghold fortress of Fornost. He had hoped to see its completion, but the lack of resources and manpower had caused delays in its finishing. Now, with King Elendur knowing his life was reaching his last years, his son Prince Eärendur was given oversight of Fornost's completion.

Prince Eärendur would assume the crown in two years (777). The City of Annúminas has been declining over the years with less and less population living there. The trend was for the younger families to go to Fornost to live and work, and the Kingdom of Arnor as a whole was slowly shifting its core there as the new city neared completion.

To the south at the tip of the Weather Hills, the great watchtower of Amon Sûl was intact and was a center of power of Arnor with it's Palantir. Other places to note would be Bree, at this time inhabited by men as hobbits weren't mentioned as settling in Bree until 300 years later in the year 1050, and Tharbad to the south, a major point of commerce with its bridge and sea-going river boats. Earendur's eldest son is Amliath, and for this tale, the younger sons will be twins, named Cäontar and Daúremir, born in 740 making them 35 years of age.

This tale will be mostly court intrigue and strife and such between the factions of Arnor and Eärendur's sons. There would be the early Rhuadur/Cardolan/Arthedain fractures beginning to show along with the sibling rivalry between the younger twins and their older brother Amliach, heir to the throne of Arnor. There also would be friction between the twins, and each of them had their area of military responsibility (Daúremir in East/Rhuadur, & Cäontar in the South/Cardolan). Any characters outside the men of Arnor would likely be Elven diplomats from Rivendell and the western ports, men from Gondor, and men from Rhovanion.

This RP would be kept within the confines of Middle Earth canon but allow some leeway for artistic license and I'm hoping there would be enough interest in such an RP in this historical setting. If you would be interested, post your expression of interest here, and/or you can PM me.

[Edited on 07/01/2015 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
It's been a month, and there has been 20 views and no interest, so I'll not present this as an RP. Probably a bit too much. Thanks for having a look.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
I just noticed this today and I would definitely be interested if we garner enough support.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Eldorian, I kind of gave it a re-think and doubt it would work here. There would be no characters from the movies and there wouldn't be any half-elves and such, and it would be framed at a point of history. I did want to test the waters for interest, and you're the first to say anything. Thanks for the thought. I'll probably write this up as a fanfic tale I think.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Post 2½ years later...
on: June 30, 2015 12:43
2½ years later....
I think I'll go ahead and put this out there as an OOC to see if anyone would be interested in writing in this.

Here is the RP OOC thread
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
So after three years and many a setback, I have put this RP up to see where it goes.
If anyone is interested in writing a part of it, feel free to post your expression of interest either here or in the OOC.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email