Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First7891011
Author Topic:
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui looked to Dira and smiled, nodding, "I could eat a little something..." she looked to the man next to her long-time friend and felt as though they were in good and honest hands with this Malcolm. Her hazel eyes sparkled with curiosity, and the She-Elf knew she would have to have a conversation with the other woman at some point in the near future.

Legolas' words brought her back to the present, and she felt her heart constrict in response, "Legolas...your..." she instinctively reached for the prince's hand and laced her fingers between his, "...no matter the outcome of our journey, I feel comfort in my heart for the first time in far longer than I can even recall," she replied, her words soft as they followed both Dira and Malcolm, "I just hope...now more than ever...that the outcome is a good one..." she added tentatively.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"I was joking Malcolm."
Asilly grin broke out on his face, "I know."
She fake glared at him. They entered a cave, larger than any of the previous. A low fire crackled in a fireplace and the savory aroma of stew filled the air.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"We all have hope, my love. Now let us join the other, shall we." He said with a smile and led Eruvilui down the corridor and into the large cave, it was warm from the giant fire blazing in the middle.
The elves began it, waking up the trees, teaching them to speak...
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui looked to her friend and smiled in response to the other woman's teasing her male counter-part. There was something about the Dunedain man that intrigued the She-Elf to no end and made her ponder inwardly about the relationship between the duo. Her fingers tightened subconsciously on Legolas' hand. It was as though the woman had to squeeze his hand to make sure this was reality and not a dream, "I have more hope now than I did but an hour ago..." she smiled as she looked to the prince with adoration in her eyes, "...and my heart feels lighter regardless of the enemy we are bound to face. As long as I am with you, with all of you," she looked to Dira warmly, "then I will not fret or despair."

The She-Elf allowed her hand to slip from Legolas' grasp as she went to her long time friend, "Mellon nin..." she whispered in the woman's ear, "might I have a word with you at some point?" she asked, hinting that their conversation should be spoken only between them.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Come with me," Dira said aloud, "You can get to know Legolas," she said to Malcolm.
She walked over to the fire, "Yes mellon nin?"
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui smiled as she parted herself from Legolas and meandered to the fire to confide in her friend, "For a moment, mellon nin," she paused and looked down, smiling, "it feels as though there is nothing to worry over, nothing to keep our hearts heavy," she looked to Malcolm and then back to her companion, "You've feelings for him," she spoke quietly, bluntly; it was not a question but a statement, "He has a good heart, Randiriel..." hazel eyes shone brightly in the flickering firelight, "Does he know?" she asked quizzically.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira smiled, "Yes, he was the first to voice his feelings but we agread to be friends for now. We both were needed at different places then."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
OOC:

Sorry I have taken so long to reply...real life is hectic right now...

IC:

Eruvilui couldn't help but smile as she studied her friend's facial features as she spoke about this man, "Dira..." her voice was methodical as she chose her words carefully, "...you use the past tense in what you've spoken. You both were in different places on different levels, but now you are here, together," she reached out and gently cupped the young woman's cheek in her hand, "You see now that it took a time such as this for Legolas and I to fully comprehend our feelings for one another. It would be a true tragedy regardless of the outcome of our journey if you and Malcolm were never to express such things to each other," she spoke truthfully.

Hazel pools shifted to the man of whom she was speaking and knew him to be a good being by what his aura was telling her. She looked back to the female ranger standing before her, "I have seen you grow into the smart and beautiful woman you are now, Dira...but never have I seen you so at ease with someone. This man means more to you than I think you might even fully understand," she shook her head and allowed her hand to rest from Dira's cheek to her shoulder, "Do me a favor? Tell him what you are feeling right now...before anything else befalls us...before it is too late," she added plainly.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
((That's okay. Heads up I will be less active for this week or longer due to craziness will try to post as often as I can.))

"I will my friend," Dira replied. "I guess you know that we are going to Mirkwood for a meeting between the kings of Gondor and Rohan. They are going to march to the Final Battle together. All the peoples of Middle Earth will fight. Whether it ends in darkness or light I cannot determine."
She looked up at Eruvilui. Oh how she wished for those happy, carefree days back at Mirkwood. When she didn't know that there were bad things and people out there. When every day was filled with joy. But those days were gone, and an evil was slowly spreading over Middle Earth.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
[ooc: OMG...I have been horrible...so busy with work and such. I miss rpg!]

ic:

Eruvilui smiled bitterly as Dira spoke and implied that they were heading toward a final battle, one to end all others. The She-Elf remembered a time where wars were few and far between, but it seemed as though those days were far behind them. Inwardly, the woman pondered whether or not this would truly be a war to end all wars or simply a ripple effect. Her hazel eyes softened as she looked back to the young woman whom she had known her entire life, "It is good to know, at least, that the world of men and that of my people can still find it in their hearts to fight with and for one another instead of fighting against one another," her words were solemn, "Even those who have the gift of foresight are not always able to tell which way something of such epic proportions will go," she approached her companion and rested a hand supportively on the other woman's shoulder, "My feeling is that no matter the outcome..." she shook her head, "...nevermind that, mellon nin...let us find some peace in this one night, at least," she turned and looked to where the remainder of the group was, "Let him know?" she added.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas went over to where Dira and Eruvilui were,
"I'm sorry to interrupt but may I borrow you, Eruvilui?" Legolas asked taking your hand, he pulled you gently over to the side,
"This is probably a bad time but I want to talk about us." Legolas said looking down into your eyes.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui smiled softly as she looked to her friend whom she considered to be more like a sister than anything. She knew the woman's emotions were running rampant and knew what feeling something for someone but keeping it hidden truly felt like. As if on command, Eruvilui heard Legolas' familiar voice and turned slightly to look upon the Elf she'd harbored her true feelings from for a long time. She willingly took his hand but nodded to Dira before moving to the side with the prince, "I don't believe there is such a thing as a "bad time" in a time such as this, Legolas," she spoke honestly, "...what is it that you desire to speak of? I have nothing to hide anymore..." she added truthfully.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas laughed a little, "We are in the middle of something big and all I want is to be with you and for you to be safe, but at times like this, is it really that simple?" Legolas asked closing his eyes for a brief moment and looking away.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira felt better since talking to Eruvilui. She had and was her mentor through the roughest times. Nervously she sat oposite to Malcolm. There was a tense silence as Dira considered a thousand openings.
"Malcolm do you remember what we agreed to do before I left for Mirkwood and you to the Shire?"
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui could almost sense the hesitation in Legolas' tone, and she bit her lower lip lightly as she pondered on how to respond. Drawing herself nearer to him, the She-Elf raised her hand to gently cup Legolas' cheek in order to turn his gaze upon her once again, "We will always be in the middle of something, Legolas, regardless how big or small," she smiled softly, "It is as simple or difficult as we might make it, but if not now..." her voice trailed off sadly, "when?" she asked pleadingly, "My feelings for you have been there since the moment I first met you...and it has been killing me to keep them from you, but I didn't know..." she lowered her hand and shook her head, lowering her gaze to the ground, "...I didn't want to lose you..."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"And I don't want to lose you, your life is more important, that is why we should consider waiting till things calm down and we know there isn't trouble at every turn before we can be together officially, I love you to much." Legolas said lifting your head up gently.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Malcolm was sitting in silence, hands folded underneath his chin as he contemplated the tense situation in which they would all soon find themselves thrown into, not knowing the outcome. His eyes were hardened in deep thought which was suddenly broken by the sound of a familiar voice, "Dira," he spoke in an even tone, straightening his body and lifting his gaze to her own, "I do remember...but," he paused, brow furrowing quizzically, "what of it?" he asked curiously.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui felt her heart clench tightly in her chest, "Legolas..." she lost her voice suddenly, "I don't know that waiting for anything of importance has ever been warranted. I feel as though if we prolong..." she shook her head and met his eyes with her own, "If either of us were to fall in this battle...at least it would be with the knowledge that neither of us are alone anymore...love can never truly be broken, not even in death," she added plainly, "Trouble will come and go...but I can understand and respect if you should decide to hold this off..." she added somewhat forlornly.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Please understand Eruvilui, I do want to be with you, more than anything, but in times like this we need to focus on stopping the enemy, after this battle I will be waiting for you." Legolas said with a smile and a small tear escaped his eye, he did not stop it.

[Edited on 10/14/2014 by johnson4466]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"I mean," she stammered, "that was a long time ago. Our paths have crossed again. Could you...we forget the agreement?"
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Her heart seemingly sunk into her stomach as she listened to what Legolas was saying, though her mind was not fully comprehending it. Her hazel eyes began to burn with un-shed tears, "I...understand...you cannot pledge yourself to someone who might die in battle," she spoke plainly, "I just thought...if it were to be that both of us might perish...at least it would be with the knowledge that love might surpass even death..." she bit her lower lip once again as she turned as though to walk away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His heart skipped in his chest as Dira began to expand upon what she had stated, "I..." his voice trailed off as he studied the woman's expression, "I've always thought to leave that decision up to you, Dira," he continued honestly, "I know how I feel..."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas gently grabbed your arm, "Eruvilui, it is not like that in anyway, I want to be with you, you know this, please understand why I must do this." He said, tears coming down now.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
She shook her head, "No...I don't really understand, Legolas. If anything should happen to you, I would be lost...but I would rather know that my love for you be known and regardless, I will never love another," she added truthfully, tears welling in her eyes, "If we can't be together now in the most dire of times, then maybe...it's just not something that is meant to be," she added, looking to the ground.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas took in what she had said, "If we can't be together now in the most dire of times, then maybe...it's just not something that is meant to be" he was quite for a moment, "I do understand now what you are saying, I just thought that if we were apart, you'd be safer, but now I know that being together is what will make us stronger."

[Edited on 10/14/2014 by johnson4466]
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Her heart lifted in her chest as she looked up to meet the silver-blue depths of the prince. Her eyes shimmered with un-shed tears as she nodded, "That...is what I am trying to say...I will fight to stay alive no matter what, knowing that if we both survive...it will be in a world that we share together," she allowed her words to trail softly as she reached up to wipe a trailing tear from Legolas' cheek. Without a moment's hesitation, the woman lifted herself up slightly and allowed her lips to softly connect with his, feeling almost a spark of electricity as she did so.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas was not surprised by her move but went along with it, closing his eyes and deeping the kiss, "I cannot live with myself if you are hurt but I know you with survive, I will be by your side, always." he said breaking the kiss.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira smiled, "then let it be forgotten. Will you be coming with us? We must leave on the 'morrow."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Malcolm sat in stunned silence for a moment before replying to what Dira had asked of him, "I...of course I will come with you...it looks as though you'll need all the help you can get, but," he looked to her, brow furrowed, "It is forgotten, then...but what does that mean exactly?" he raised a brow in curiosity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She smiled, eyes fluttering open after allowing the sensation of Legolas' lips upon hers to linger for just a moment, "We will have strength in the love we have for one another and for the love we have for those around us...love strengthens all bonds of life, Legolas," she smiled brightly and directed her gaze to where Dira and Malcolm were sitting in conversation, "...all bonds of life..."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Well it means that we can pursue our feelings...the love that we share."
Dira flushed and turned to the equally red fire nervously waiting for an answer.

[Edited on 10/15/2014 by Cenor]
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"I know this now, please forgive me, my love." Legolas said with a sad smile, he did not like hurting Eruvilui like this but to him it was the only way to protect her.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Her gaze settled upon Legolas again as his words struck her ears, "Legolas...you've nothing to be forgiven for...it is understandable that either one of us would fear for the other," she reached over and cupped his cheek lovingly, "but we cannot let that fear overtake us. Everything will happen as it is supposed to happen...no one can change the course of what will occur, no matter how hard one might try," she added, leaning in and placing a simple kiss on his lips before turning to head to where Dira and Malcolm were talking.

---------------------------------------

Malcolm appeared to be caught off-guard, and his eyes widened in spite-of himself. The young ranger let his mouth hang slack-jaw before he found the words his brain was searching for, "I...Dira..." perhaps he hadn't successfully found the words he'd been looking for, "...how I have longed to hear you speak in such a manner, Randiriel..." he spoke softly, using her full name to address the woman as he reached out to cup her chin and turn her to face him, "This best not be one of your clever tricks..." he added with a smile beginning to tug at his lips and brighten his handsome features.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Nay," she replied quietly, "no tricks. For real."
Eruvilui and Legolas returned, a light seemed to glow within the Elves.
"We had better get some sleep," Dira said lightly.
She and Malcolm showed the Elves rooms including Tegalad who had wondered away. Morning came to soon. Dira woke, dressed, and began packing. A long journey lay ahead of them.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Malcolm smiled brightly once again, a light shining in the depths of his eyes, "It looks as though it is true what some say of war...that it brings people closer," he reached out and gently cupped the young woman's cheek just as both Legolas and Eruvilui appeared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eruvilui looked to the young Dunedain with a fond spark in her eye, guessing at the conversation that had just taken place. She looked to Dira with pride upon her refined, elven features, "It looks as though we might all be able to sleep a bit more peacefully this night," her hazel eyes sparkled as she turned to Legolas and placed a kiss on the prince's cheek, "Take some rest, Legolas. I will see you in the morning," she turned, letting go of his hand as she followed Dira to the women's quarters.

Even though her mind was racing, Eruvilui was able to sleep mostly through the night. Only once were her dreams infiltrated by a nightmarish memory of her brother. Upon waking, Eruvilui found Dira already packing her gear.

"Mellon nin...Randiriel," Eruvilui spoke softly as she stood and approached the young woman, "This journey that lies before us is one that might take from us more than what we wish to lose..." she came upon the woman and rested her hand on her shoulder, "I wanted to take a moment to tell you how proud I am of what you have become," she smiled, eyes shining warmly, "I am proud of the path you chose...of the company you keep..." she added, voice trailing off, "I will fight with you until whatever end decides our fates."

EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Malcolm smiled brightly once again, a light shining in the depths of his eyes, "It looks as though it is true what some say of war...that it brings people closer," he reached out and gently cupped the young woman's cheek just as both Legolas and Eruvilui appeared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eruvilui looked to the young Dunedain with a fond spark in her eye, guessing at the conversation that had just taken place. She looked to Dira with pride upon her refined, elven features, "It looks as though we might all be able to sleep a bit more peacefully this night," her hazel eyes sparkled as she turned to Legolas and placed a kiss on the prince's cheek, "Take some rest, Legolas. I will see you in the morning," she turned, letting go of his hand as she followed Dira to the women's quarters.

Even though her mind was racing, Eruvilui was able to sleep mostly through the night. Only once were her dreams infiltrated by a nightmarish memory of her brother. Upon waking, Eruvilui found Dira already packing her gear.

"Mellon nin...Randiriel," Eruvilui spoke softly as she stood and approached the young woman, "This journey that lies before us is one that might take from us more than what we wish to lose..." she came upon the woman and rested her hand on her shoulder, "I wanted to take a moment to tell you how proud I am of what you have become," she smiled, eyes shining warmly, "I am proud of the path you chose...of the company you keep..." she added, voice trailing off, "I will fight with you until whatever end decides our fates."

Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira smiled, "I am blessed by Eru to have such a friend."
At that moment, Legolas and Malcolm came into view, the latter giving Dira a knowing smile. She handed the reins of Eruvilui's horses to her and the company left the Dunedain caves. As soon as they were out they mounted the horses and rode off into the rising sun. They did not talk for some time, the only sound was a morning dove's lonely cry. They stopped at a brook to water the horses and eat something at noonday. Legolas and Eruvilui stepped away leaving Malcolm and Dira alone watching the horses drink.
<< First7891011
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email