Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post Equine Enthusiasts?
on: July 01, 2014 06:02
Just wondering how many of my fellow CoE'ers are also fellow horse lovers! I'd love to know a little bit more about your experience with horses, if you have any horses, what you do with horses, etc.!

My personal connection with horses is that I have essentially been "riding" since I was in the womb. The first time I ever rode a horse by myself, I was 4 years-old. My life has had many horses in it, with my first family horse being a Thoroughbred/Quarter Horse, buckskin gelding named Boomer's Buckshot AKA Buck. My first horse was a off-track Thoroughbred gelding named Clever Reign, but he was simply known as Reign or Reignman. I lost him to a tragic injury that could not be re-habbed going on 3 years ago and miss him everyday.

Currently, my partner in crime is a 7 year-old off-track Thoroughbred gelding named Repent And Rejoice, but I gave him the barn name Cash because he was born on Johnny Cash's birthday. I have re-trained him to be my trail partner and western-pleasure mount. He is the light of my life and shares my enthusiasm of the LotR. Yes, I speak Elvish to him (any horse, actually), and he has an Elvish name!

I'd love to hear about your horsey experiences!
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
I do believe we still have a Horse Lovers thread in the main Prancing Pony forum. Hm... I'll see what I can find.
Hawkins
Council Member
Send Message
I love horses!!! I have been obsessed with them since I was three. I now have an 9 year old gelding that I got as an untouched 8 year old. and in one year he has become a wonderful companion on the trails. He is the first horse I've trained from scratch so I'm very proud of him. I also have a 30 year old mare and a mini/pony mix.
Lothriel
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email