Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
Post A Different View [see OOC to join]
on: August 08, 2014 09:42
Morshak breathed hard through her nose as she ran with the horde, feet pounding over the bank of the Anduin past Parth Galen. Not for the first time, she wondered, What in the Void am I doing here?

It wasn't as if she was among the Uruks willingly. Oh, no. They'd pulled her into their ranks on a whim, while she'd been stalking wild game in the East Emnet. And not two-legged game at that. All she knew of the horde was their master and their mission. Saruman had sent them from Isengard, that much was clear by the white hand on their armor. And the phrase on everyone's lips was "Find the Halfling!"

She growled through her teeth and shook her head, green hands gripping her spear more tightly. She ought to find a way to abandon the horde, go back to her own life. It was stupid, risking her own hide for something she knew nothing about. And yet she was curious. What was a halfling? Why did Saruman want one? If she stayed long enough, she might find out. Right now she couldn't see much of anything ahead from her place in the midst of the horde.
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old. We must away ere break of day, to claim our long forgotten gold.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Randis scanned the horizon searching for the party of large goblins. It had been days since she had first seen them coming out of Isengard, at the White Wizard's commands. Isengard she reminisced Once you were beautiful to look at, with trees swaying in the cool breeze before the tall, proud tower of Orthanc. Now it was barren of all green things, filled with smoke and ashes, and Orthanc towering up like a sharp, dangerous spike. She had moved closer to examine the drastic change to Isengard only to discover large goblins marching away chanting "Find the Halflings. Bring the Halflings. Deliver them to the White Wizard". There was only one race that was called Halflings, and she was to protect that race. At first Randis had thought that some impostor had taken the place of Saruman but to her dismay there was no impostor. So she had decided to follow the goblins. They were moving fast and had picked up some orc friends along the way. Whether by force or will she knew not. She looked up. Their speed was increasing she had to increase hers if she was to stay close. She breathed deep and hurried up the hill.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
[Edited on 08/09/2014 by findemaxam48]

[Edited on 08/10/2014 by findemaxam48]

[Edited on 08/15/2014 by findemaxam48]
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
((OOC: Maxie, your post could use a bit more tweaking. You still have the word 'wizard' in there. Also, Boromir wouldn't call Pippin 'Master Hobbit'. Gimli might, though. He does call Legolas 'Master Elf'.))

Boromir looked down at Pippin, then smiled and ruffled the hobbit's hair. "Cheer up, little one. Aragorn is right." He looked around and added, "Though we might stand to quicken our pace if we want to get there soon." He turned to the elf. "Legolas, look about. What do you see?"

((I'm fairly sure the Fellowship would be aware of the orcs' presence nearby even if they weren't visible yet. A horde of bloodthirsty orcs is a noisy thing.))
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old. We must away ere break of day, to claim our long forgotten gold.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Eowyn watched her uncle sadly. Where was the tall, brave man she once knew? She jerked as a hand touched her shoulder.
"My lady you should get some fresh air I will watch the King," Hama said.
A ride would be good, clear the mind.
"I will, thank you Hama."
Half an hour later Eowyn was galloping away from Edoras on her favorite mare. The clean air and the cheerful chirping of the birds made her forget the trouble with her uncle. She frowned when she saw a group of riders heading her way. It was her brother! She spurred her horse to meet him, gladness filling her heart. Eomer had been away for too long. But her heart fell as she recognized the figure swaying unconscious in front of her brother. Theodred, her cousin. All hope was wrenched out of her as she saw the bloodstained bandages binding Theodred's waist.
"No," the words finally came to her lips.
Would grief and death never leave her?

[Edited on 08/10/2014 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message

We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Randis pushed up the next hill, there lay Anduin, winding lazily to the sea. She took a minute to breath. Ugh, she would have to find a way to cross. The currents were too strong here, by the Falls of Rauros. She would have to find a calmer crossing. She sighed and began searching the long banks.
=======================
Eomer watched helplessly as his sister tended their cousin. She was no longer happy. He missed her smile.
"I am going to see the King," he whispered in her ear.
"I am coming with you," she replied.
Eomer flinched, even her voice was cold, devoid of all hope. But there was no longer any hope left in Middle Earth. It had been ripped away months ago.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message

Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Randis stepped into the cold water. It was a ford but she would have to swim a bit. She shivered as she waded in. The water was cold but not freezing. It was a short crossing and soon she made it to the other side. Now she had to find the trail again.
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
At the head of the horde, the Uruks' leader, Lurtz, let out a triumphant roar. Morshak raised her head and grunted in approval. Were things finally happening?

The clash of steel on steel and the din of many voices crying out were as good an answer as any. As the horde began to disperse through the trees, Morshak gripped her spear, looking around. Maybe now she could slip away unnoticed in the chaos.

===

Boromir drew his sword and braced himself as the horde swarmed around them. One thought burned in his mind: Protect the little ones. He slashed at the first of the foes who came near, keeping himself close to the hobbits as much as he could, and praying the tides of battle wouldn't scatter them all.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message

Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
Morshak spotted the two small figures waving and shouting for the Uruks' attention, and darted after them with a growl. If those were the halflings, they seemed pretty stupid. They were just asking to be slaughtered. No, begging.

She threw her spear aside and grabbed one in each sinewy arm, clamping her hands over their mouths as she dragged them out of sight. She bent down and hissed in the nearest ear, "If you want to live, shut up!"

===

Boromir was forced back by the press of the horde, and fought like a madman to regain his ground and return to the hobbits. He saw Merry and Pippin trying to distract the orcs, amd one of their number lunging after them. Yelling in fury, Boromir bashed an incoming foe aside with his shield. Would he reach them in time to save them?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Randis looked up sharply, the sound of iron ringing in the distance. She ran hurriedly towards the sound. If it was Halflings they would be outnumbered, unless there was thousands of them, which was unlikely. Her heart pounded as she focused on running. She drew her sword watching warily as she progressed. Would she get there in time?
======================================
Merry squirmed desperately in the orc's iron grasp.
"Save us from what!?" he demanded feeling for his knife.

[Edited on 08/17/2014 by Cenor]
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
Save us from what? Were they really that stupid? Morshak bared her teeth in a grimace. "Look around! What do you think you need saving from?"

She took a moment to look around as well. The hills swarmed with her kind, forcing back the halflings' allies. She stayed where she was, hoping to stay invisible in the chaos and confusion.

((OOC: Sorry for not posting in ages -- computer issues really suck. I'll do my best to keep up!))
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
((Tis okay))

Merry looked up frightened when a large party of orcs stumbled upon them. He glanced at Pippin worriedly. The largest of the orcs sauntered up to them.
"We'll take them off your hands."
He grabbed at Merry, it's vambrace caught his forehead ripping the flesh. Merry screamed in agony.
"Shut them up."
Another orc used the butt of his sword to knock the Halflings into unconsciousness.
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
Morshak growled and clenched her fists, wishing she hadn't dropped her spear to grab the halflings. "Finders keepers. I caught them, I'll handle them!" She moved to take the one whose forehead was wounded.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"No you won't maggot," the orc sneered.
Another large orc grabbed the other Pippin.
"Come we must go the White Wizard."
The troop ran off making sure the orc that had caught them was among them. Merry could hardly see for the blood that ran down his forehead into his eyes. For hours they marched, Merry finally sinking into darkness. Had the Fellowship forgotten them?
============
Randis followed the group of orcs. They were too big for her to handle but maybe she could sneak the hobbits out at night.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email